AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did I dump a scam or a model who actually cared for me?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2021
Hello All, you've probably heard this before, *fall in love with a cam model etc.* but maybe this one is different maybe its the same.

Backstory:

I was on a big online social media site that opened up a dating side (FB), and I met a really cute Colombian who I messaged via Instagram. After some quick introduction, she sent me to Instagram where we chatted for 2-3 days, mostly with I describing my travel experiences through the world (Asia, Europe, USA etc.). We flirted a little, but having been on a lot of dating sites I've seen all types of scams and suspected she was one from the get though so I was trying to understand her angle. Boom, 2 days later she says she works on a private 1:1 cam site and wanted to invite me in for a show. I gently declined her offer and she was very kind and said she did not want to force anyone into that.

I initially rejected because I was looking for a relationship, not cam girl, but for some reason I decided to keep her in contact just to see how she is. She would still respond kindly, and we stayed slightly chatting over the week or so to the point where we flirted like mad. I was shocked how much fun we were having role playing Disney stories, and everything, but then she turned it sexual. I thought this girl was good, really good. So I said f-it I'll pay for a cam show and leave it at that, but I won't invest my emotions. When we eventually cam up, I saw a really big smile on her face, saying she was surprised how attractive I was (i've gotten comments I look better in person a few times in RL dates because my pictures aren't that great), but I'm still kind of introverted. She tries to break the 1:1 cam ice since I never really done that before but saying a few things but I eventually broke by offering to do a private dance for her rather than her to me showing off a bit of my dance moves haha. She loved it, and eventually gave a show for me, smiling a ton, laughing etc.

I thought that was a great show, but she is clearly a cam model, and no way I could have a real relationship to me. She looks like she works in a studio, clearly doesn't look like she lives in the big city nearby, so my suspcions and guard stays up emotionally. She gives me private Telegram after that 1st show, and we begin messaging constantly. In the first few days, the flirting and joking was insane, I was shocked how much I enjoy talking to this lady, sharing jokes, humor, and interests. We talked about where we wanted to travel, interested movies. I would alternate between joking about her, and tell her sweet things about how much I find her hilarious, and just generally enjoyed her company. Every once in a while I'd tell she was amazingly beautiful, and she says she hears it all the time but this time she really believes me.

Then I found myself slowly falling for her, and I'm like oh no....I started to google the subject which is how I found ACF. This couldn't possibly be a real relationship, and my doubts started kicking in, and I start seeing red flags everywhere. She would always ask for to come see her on a private show. She only does private 1:1's and never done a public show, PLUS she is a "top model" which made me wonder how many other guys she does this too and is just really good at flirting. Yet she always insisted it was just for me. Her spoken English was very limited but she loved how I tried to learn Spanish for her during our video chats.

My own insecurities began to mount. After a week of chatting, she really empahsized all day how she wanted to see me that night and how she prepared for it. I just came back from a "meeting" with an RL ex-date who wanted to help me do a makeover, so I was busy, but she empahsized so much going on cam and me spending money on her, that i was afraid she was just using me again. I bailed on her and she was really sad. I made it up to her the following week, booking the "second" private cam session for a whole hour. Except I wasn't going to ask her to do a show for me but I did a show for her.
1 - I wrote a huge poem for her with each verse written on a line of paper.
2 - I bought a vase with her favorite flowers.
3 - I dressed up as prince charming disney outfit.
4 - I setup a lot of romantic cutsie music in the background (La Vie en Rose end the like) and setup a ton of blue ballons as if i was a male cam model lmao.
5 - I surprised her with the giant music and date, and she ABSOLUTELY loved it, and we just talked for a little bit.

I figured, even if I never meet this girl, every woman especially cam girls deserve to feel special rather than just like cum-buckets. So I left it at that, thought I'll never do another cam show, and if this doesn't work at getting her "phone number" etc. Then nothing will.

Well of course she keeps trying to message me the following month of so, we'd send selfies (me cooking a new healthy diet, got an air fryer lmao, and going to the gym) and share jokes/stories but she'd always try to get me to go on 1:1 private cam. She'd tell me stories about her aunt who needs medical help, and her ex's who mistreated her. One time she cried to me about how an ex wanted to f-her for money and I felt terrible, so I told her don't belittle herself like that, and gave her the money via cam credits / gifts/ tokens instead. I felt totally played / cheated, but she was extremely grateful. We continue chatting for the next month or so.....

TL:DR: I thought I was different, cam models don't fall in love but maybe I'm different....maybe

BIG RED FLAGS:

• She would still insist on going on private chat and would never give me any other method of video / phone chatting always giving me an excuse that she's saving for a phone. She can't give me her phone number.
  • She insists she's trying to get out of her situation and really wants to spend time with me but won't give a date
  • She says she lives nearby (10 minutes away) but won't agree to an in-person meet up or give me her number because her phone is broken
  • She consistently asks me to go private on her cam site with her (about once maybe twice a week). I've only video chatted with her 5 times total. It's been a bit under 2 months since I met her.
  • She's not cheap ($5/minute + gifts), I've probably spent $1200+ in gifts/donations so I'm worried I'm a whale and she only likes because of that.
Current situation:
- An ex showed up in my life recently and she starts to get EXTREMELY jealous and I calm her down saying its only an ex and I'm moved on a lot. I told her I can't cam with her anymore while the ex- is staying at my home for a few weeks and she said its okay she'll wait but constantly says she wants to see me, and I give some terrible reasons why we can't cam (mostly because I don't want to spend money even though I can easily afford it).
- She was getting really jealous and actually asked us to be official boyfriend / girlfriend. I've never even met this person in real life.
- She asked me to do a long show 1:1 so we can make our relationship official even though I was hesitant at such a concept because I've never even met this lady in person.
- I decided to book a 20 minute cam session since she wanted me time with her "to make it official". She then says why not book a 2 hour session which would be insanely expensive since she wants to make it "really special".

I was appalled at the request since i've emphasized my dislike that we have to video chat on a paid cam site, and she says she gives me so much time already on Telegram. I then set my boundaries saying that I'm not willing to keep meeting her on a paid cam site, but she insists its only temporarily until she gets on her feet. She won't give me a time line of when that , or what she needs, and won't provide anything other than telegram and her cam site.

The clear thing is don't fall in love with a cam model, and I'm doing my best not to except I wonder did I really win this woman over or has this just been an extremely long and complicated scam.....

• Hugs
Reactions: Violet Dawn
Love scam!! Love scam!! Love scam!!

Can I just say, since you were actually trying to put yourself out there and date IRL - you mention that people say you're better looking than your photos, so, you gotta get better photos! You'd be surprised how many photographers have affordable packages for social media/dating sites. Do yourself a favour by moving on from this girl and spending the money you would have spent on her on a photoshoot for yourself. It's a way better use of the money in the long run, and one that will hopefully help you find someone who actually lives ten minutes away.

She would still insist on going on private chat and would never give me any other method of video / phone chatting always giving me an excuse that she's saving for a phone. She can't give me her phone number.
she was husting ya.

Bro she is trash drop her now, and don't get hooked back in, be grateful that it's only $1200 and not $25000 like some of the stories I've seen.
100% conning you. send her 1 last message and tell her where to go then block her.

At this point in time I'm extremely cautious about Colombian models being any level of enthusiastic about my presence anywhere. Too often it's just a matter of time before they suddenly have little crises they need your help with, usually accompanied by randomly mentioning a million or two pesos (2 mill pesos is roughly US $500). I no longer care how legit it sounds or how small the amount is, and getting you on whatsapp/telegram/skype/whatever is a red flag in itself. Being offered "free" whatsapp after tipping 500 tks is also a pretty big red flag.

I've been back on camsites for only a month and a half after taking a break since April this year, and I've already ghosted a Colombian model who had the most elaborate backstory for needing lots of emergency money via WU. It just fucking never stops 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: AudriTwo
The clear thing is don't fall in love with a cam model, and I'm doing my best not to except I wonder did I really win this woman over or has this just been an extremely long and complicated scam.....

It’s definitely a con job.

Maybe you did “win her over” by genuinely entertaining her or making her feel special during the con, but it’s still a con.

And to be clear, if it were only about her insistence on buying private shows and refusal to give out her number, I wouldn’t even consider it a scam - that’s just a cam model doing her job. What makes this situation a scam is that she hooked you on a traditional dating platform and then (under the continued guise of a blooming romance) squeezed you into becoming a cam customer as your only option for keeping this euphoric feeling going.

And to be clear, if it were only about her insistence on buying private shows and refusal to give out her number, I wouldn’t even consider it a scam - that’s just a cam model doing her job. What makes this situation a scam is that she hooked you on a traditional dating platform and then (under the continued guise of a blooming romance) squeezed you into becoming a cam customer as your only option for keeping this euphoric feeling going.
Yep, good point, and important distinction right there. If a cam model upsell privates through the cam site and you're an "easy target" because you wouldn't mind doing it anyway, it's not a scam.

Reactions: Smoothie
100% conning you. send her 1 last message and tell her where to go then block her.
i wouldn't even do this. it might feel really good to lash out at her, but this won't really accomplish anything other than maybe getting your account flagged for harassment. blocking her and going full no contact is the way.

At this point in time I'm extremely cautious about Colombian models being any level of enthusiastic about my presence anywhere. Too often it's just a matter of time before they suddenly have little crises they need your help with, usually accompanied by randomly mentioning a million or two pesos (2 mill pesos is roughly US $500). I no longer care how legit it sounds or how small the amount is, and getting you on whatsapp/telegram/skype/whatever is a red flag in itself. Being offered "free" whatsapp after tipping 500 tks is also a pretty big red flag.

I've been back on camsites for only a month and a half after taking a break since April this year, and I've already ghosted a Colombian model who had the most elaborate backstory for needing lots of emergency money via WU. It just fucking never stops 🤷‍♂️
Dude, tarring an entire country is a bit much.

You maybe are visiting the wrong rooms. I have never had in issue with Colombina models. They are always friendly, happy and willing to chat.

Of course, I am biased as my favourite model, who I consider a genuine online friend, is Colombian.

Hello All, you've probably heard this before, *fall in love with a cam model etc.* but maybe this one is different maybe its the same.

Backstory:

I was on a big online social media site that opened up a dating side (FB), and I met a really cute Colombian who I messaged via Instagram. After some quick introduction, she sent me to Instagram where we chatted for 2-3 days, mostly with I describing my travel experiences through the world (Asia, Europe, USA etc.). We flirted a little, but having been on a lot of dating sites I've seen all types of scams and suspected she was one from the get though so I was trying to understand her angle. Boom, 2 days later she says she works on a private 1:1 cam site and wanted to invite me in for a show. I gently declined her offer and she was very kind and said she did not want to force anyone into that.

I initially rejected because I was looking for a relationship, not cam girl, but for some reason I decided to keep her in contact just to see how she is. She would still respond kindly, and we stayed slightly chatting over the week or so to the point where we flirted like mad. I was shocked how much fun we were having role playing Disney stories, and everything, but then she turned it sexual. I thought this girl was good, really good. So I said f-it I'll pay for a cam show and leave it at that, but I won't invest my emotions. When we eventually cam up, I saw a really big smile on her face, saying she was surprised how attractive I was (i've gotten comments I look better in person a few times in RL dates because my pictures aren't that great), but I'm still kind of introverted. She tries to break the 1:1 cam ice since I never really done that before but saying a few things but I eventually broke by offering to do a private dance for her rather than her to me showing off a bit of my dance moves haha. She loved it, and eventually gave a show for me, smiling a ton, laughing etc.

I thought that was a great show, but she is clearly a cam model, and no way I could have a real relationship to me. She looks like she works in a studio, clearly doesn't look like she lives in the big city nearby, so my suspcions and guard stays up emotionally. She gives me private Telegram after that 1st show, and we begin messaging constantly. In the first few days, the flirting and joking was insane, I was shocked how much I enjoy talking to this lady, sharing jokes, humor, and interests. We talked about where we wanted to travel, interested movies. I would alternate between joking about her, and tell her sweet things about how much I find her hilarious, and just generally enjoyed her company. Every once in a while I'd tell she was amazingly beautiful, and she says she hears it all the time but this time she really believes me.

Then I found myself slowly falling for her, and I'm like oh no....I started to google the subject which is how I found ACF. This couldn't possibly be a real relationship, and my doubts started kicking in, and I start seeing red flags everywhere. She would always ask for to come see her on a private show. She only does private 1:1's and never done a public show, PLUS she is a "top model" which made me wonder how many other guys she does this too and is just really good at flirting. Yet she always insisted it was just for me. Her spoken English was very limited but she loved how I tried to learn Spanish for her during our video chats.

My own insecurities began to mount. After a week of chatting, she really empahsized all day how she wanted to see me that night and how she prepared for it. I just came back from a "meeting" with an RL ex-date who wanted to help me do a makeover, so I was busy, but she empahsized so much going on cam and me spending money on her, that i was afraid she was just using me again. I bailed on her and she was really sad. I made it up to her the following week, booking the "second" private cam session for a whole hour. Except I wasn't going to ask her to do a show for me but I did a show for her.
1 - I wrote a huge poem for her with each verse written on a line of paper.
2 - I bought a vase with her favorite flowers.
3 - I dressed up as prince charming disney outfit.
4 - I setup a lot of romantic cutsie music in the background (La Vie en Rose end the like) and setup a ton of blue ballons as if i was a male cam model lmao.
5 - I surprised her with the giant music and date, and she ABSOLUTELY loved it, and we just talked for a little bit.

I figured, even if I never meet this girl, every woman especially cam girls deserve to feel special rather than just like cum-buckets. So I left it at that, thought I'll never do another cam show, and if this doesn't work at getting her "phone number" etc. Then nothing will.

Well of course she keeps trying to message me the following month of so, we'd send selfies (me cooking a new healthy diet, got an air fryer lmao, and going to the gym) and share jokes/stories but she'd always try to get me to go on 1:1 private cam. She'd tell me stories about her aunt who needs medical help, and her ex's who mistreated her. One time she cried to me about how an ex wanted to f-her for money and I felt terrible, so I told her don't belittle herself like that, and gave her the money via cam credits / gifts/ tokens instead. I felt totally played / cheated, but she was extremely grateful. We continue chatting for the next month or so.....

TL:DR: I thought I was different, cam models don't fall in love but maybe I'm different....maybe

BIG RED FLAGS:

• She would still insist on going on private chat and would never give me any other method of video / phone chatting always giving me an excuse that she's saving for a phone. She can't give me her phone number.
  • She insists she's trying to get out of her situation and really wants to spend time with me but won't give a date
  • She says she lives nearby (10 minutes away) but won't agree to an in-person meet up or give me her number because her phone is broken
  • She consistently asks me to go private on her cam site with her (about once maybe twice a week). I've only video chatted with her 5 times total. It's been a bit under 2 months since I met her.
  • She's not cheap ($5/minute + gifts), I've probably spent $1200+ in gifts/donations so I'm worried I'm a whale and she only likes because of that.
Current situation:
- An ex showed up in my life recently and she starts to get EXTREMELY jealous and I calm her down saying its only an ex and I'm moved on a lot. I told her I can't cam with her anymore while the ex- is staying at my home for a few weeks and she said its okay she'll wait but constantly says she wants to see me, and I give some terrible reasons why we can't cam (mostly because I don't want to spend money even though I can easily afford it).
- She was getting really jealous and actually asked us to be official boyfriend / girlfriend. I've never even met this person in real life.
- She asked me to do a long show 1:1 so we can make our relationship official even though I was hesitant at such a concept because I've never even met this lady in person.
- I decided to book a 20 minute cam session since she wanted me time with her "to make it official". She then says why not book a 2 hour session which would be insanely expensive since she wants to make it "really special".

I was appalled at the request since i've emphasized my dislike that we have to video chat on a paid cam site, and she says she gives me so much time already on Telegram. I then set my boundaries saying that I'm not willing to keep meeting her on a paid cam site, but she insists its only temporarily until she gets on her feet. She won't give me a time line of when that , or what she needs, and won't provide anything other than telegram and her cam site.

Dude, I have had models ask for my Whatsapp number, and message my spontaneously, and even offer free shows, and they were still scamming me. Sometimes it's fun to play along for a while, as long as you don't give her money. But the game gets boring very quickly.

That said, there some happy stories too, but you can tell right away if the person is straight up.

You maybe are visiting the wrong rooms.
And pray tell, what are the right rooms? I'm beginning to think I'm conducting my business with them the wrong way. Can you recommend any YT videos on how to be more of an asshole?

I have never had in issue with Colombina models. They are always friendly, happy and willing to chat.

Of course, I am biased as my favourite model, who I consider a genuine online friend, is Colombian.
You just ate, therefore world hunger does not exist? (Yes, yes, I know you can throw that argument back at me!)
But I get what you mean. As a rule of thumb I like Colombian models too, but I'll stop hanging out with them for a good while now. I just don't need the fucking drama when they realize you've cut them out over pulling their cunning stunts.

And pray tell, what are the right rooms? I'm beginning to think I'm conducting my business with them the wrong way. Can you recommend any YT videos on how to be more of an asshole?
Dunno, but from my POV, as I said, I have never had that happen.
You just ate, therefore world hunger does not exist? (Yes, yes, I know you can throw that argument back at me!)
Not at all... just putting an alternative view 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MarieElise
It’s definitely a con job.

Maybe you did “win her over” by genuinely entertaining her or making her feel special during the con, but it’s still a con.

Thanks, that's the thing that really gets me. I kept my euphoric feelings to a minimum since I smelled scam from the moment we matched but I wanted to keep an open mind. I just hate how they refuse to admit its a scam and how they always say they want you etc.

Really wracks the mind.

I have read only half of OP's post and felt it was not necessary to read any further, but I say this with no disrespect. Rather, it's just that it's just the same old story over and over again. My personal take: yes, you have been duped, but, as anything in life, it takes 2 to tango. That said, one really has to wonder why are always sa and ee models who are pulling this sort of love con scamming hustle. It's quite bewildering. I guess if you are prone to fall for it, your best bet would be either to block those countries and have the problem solved, or partake in the adult entertainment with a different spirit. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
I have read only half of OP's post and felt it was not necessary to read any further, but I say this with no disrespect. Rather, it's just that it's just the same old story over and over again. My personal take: yes, you have been duped, but, as anything in life, it takes 2 to tango. That said, one really has to wonder why are always sa and ee models who are pulling this sort of love con scamming hustle. It's quite bewildering. I guess if you are prone to fall for it, your best bet would be either to block those countries and have the problem solved, or partake in the adult entertainment with a different spirit. My 2 cents.
Because it's an easy way to make a quick buck, with little effort. they want that gringo money plain and simple.
the models\studios that pull these stunts are mostly the ones that aren't doing very well\unprofessional.
I've made a few friends over the years through webcam sites specifically from Colombia and the only ones that tried to pull these kinds of games were the ones who weren't doing very well on the camsites
but ofcourse Gold diggers aren't exclusive to EE\South America. these people exist everywhere

that pull these stunts are mostly the ones that aren't doing very well\unprofessional.
I guess you are right there. I can see that.
but ofcourse Gold diggers aren't exclusive to EE\South America. these people exist everywhere
Oh yeah, sure. There are worst kind out there and I daresay, usually, they have nothing to do with the cam business nor with anything adult related. Just my personal experience and my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.