AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did you go to Prom or Homecoming dances when you were in high school?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, my boyfriend at the time made me park in the car with him. He tried to coerce me into some “free shows” until this George who, up until this point, I thought was a nerd came along and decked him. He said it was our “density” to be together Then the boy I actually had a crush on, Calvin Klein started wailing away at some unusual guitar rifts. George decked out a guy who tried to steal me away, I’m just that hot you know. Calvin then said goodnight to George and myself, but not before leaving implicit instructions to name our one son Marty.

Never went to a high school dance.

I went to most of my high school dances. I remember having fun, but not that much else about them - not because I was a drunk teenager, but because they honestly weren't very memorable. How many of your high school classmates can you remember? Dances were just seeing those same people wearing different outfits at a different time of day, imo.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I went to Junior prom, a freshman back to school dance that wasn't really a dance just like 15 kids chilling in the quad xD and I think some winter formal dance.

All of them were really boring and small. But for prom I had the perfect dress. I just sat there looking like a princess eating a bunch of candy out of a bag.

• Hugs
Reactions: eyeteach
The only school event I attended was my senior graduation. I never felt the need to participate in anything else

Reactions: Val Vega
I went to homecoming all 4 years but only took a date freshman year. And that was only because I had my first real girlfriend at that time and it was freshman year so you really didn't know what to expect.

My school all the dances but prom never really had the bells and whistles that you pick up from television or books.

Our winter formal was probably closer to a traditional homecoming since it came right before winter break.

I went to prom my Junior year because I was dating a senior. I didn't go to my senior prom, in hindsight I probably should have but no regerts (on purpose).

The only school event I attended was my senior graduation. I never felt the need to participate in anything else
I skipped my graduation ceremony and party. The thought of me leaving high school without having had any friends during those years was too upsetting.

I went to one dance, I think my Junior year, with my boyfriend at the time. It was not a good time because he kept trying to drag me away from my friends.

Junior prom I was most likely grounded. The day/night of Senior prom, I went out on the first date with my now-husband. And THAT was one of the best days ever, no expensive dress required!

Can someone please explain what a homecoming is exactly? I have seen it in movies/tv...but still don't understand it. It's a dance at the beginning of the year? Something with football? There is a Queen/King? Despite not really knowing what it was...I wanted one and was sad we didn't have one.

I went to prom. We only had one prom. I had a fucking blast. Half of it was at this super fancy feeling restaurant in battery park and the other half was on a big ass boat and we went around the island of Manhattan passed the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island etc. Was lots of fun! My graduating class was over 800 students...I am not sure how many attended prom tho. It was also super expensive. It was $500 a ticket. I remember, because I was worried my boyfriend at the time would say he could not afford it. We had a lesbian couple as our prom Queen/Queens and they are actually still together!!!

I went to a TON of student events. I would say there was prob something a min of 3 days a week at my school. I really loved High School.

Neither, as I barely attended high school at that point. For my 10yr reunion that I never received an invitation to, I took the four ladies I skipped school with the most to New Orleans for a long weekend though, redemption! :p

Reactions: JickyJuly
Can someone please explain what a homecoming is exactly? I have seen it in movies/tv...but still don't understand it. It's a dance at the beginning of the year? Something with football? There is a Queen/King? Despite not really knowing what it was...I wanted one and was sad we didn't have one.

Homecoming is the weekend before the first HOME game of your school time. It's typical for the school primary field sport which is football or lacrosse or hockey on the east coast. It's not always celebrated at the high school level unless you're high school is division A in your state's sport league. Usually followed by Alumni day. Basicly the entire thing is to get money from alumni.

Other events that sometimes schools celebrate

Sadie Hawkens dance (Girls ask guys)
Barn Dance (Line dancing and hay bails for seats, usually BBQ)
Dixie Ball (mostly southern thing. Girls wearing VERY BIG dresses)
Officer's Ball (usually military academies do this and the name of it differs)

My girlfriend in high school went to another school, so we went to my junior prom, and both of our senior proms, and then broke up. I have no memory of homecoming, maybe I went maybe I didn't.

Went to a couple of homecoming danes in high school. Never made it to prom. My senior prom date dumped me to go with a "friend" of mine who put out. Being a responsible and well behaved young lady in high school really just sort of ended up breaking my spirit a little. Oh if I had known the fun I could have been having....

OTOH...I've now been to enough formal events and invested enough money in dresses that i don't pity high school girls (or dudes) who have to pay for that one or twice a year.

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.