AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dinosaur Nerds, UNITE! What's your favorite dinosaur?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2013
(In before "BARNEY!" .. now that we've gotten that out of the way... :rr: )

So, what's your favorite dinosaur? I'll even bend the definition to include ANY creature from prehistory.

Mine's Deinonychus antirrhopus. It's a member of the dromaeosaur family of dinosaurs. If you saw Jurassic Park, the animal they were calling "Velociraptor" was actually a Deinonychus. Velociraptors were much smaller, about wolf size. Also, dromaeosaurs couldn't have opened doors the way the movie creatures did. Their wrists didn't bend that way. Their arms folded like a bird's wing, which has led to much debate over whether dromaeosaurs gave rise to birds, or if they were in fact a type of bird that had lost the flight ability, in much the same fashion as a modern ostrich or the "terror birds" of prehistoric North and South America.

Ahhhhhh I'm such a dork for dinos!!!!!

Tyrannosaurus, Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus are some of my favorite land dinos but the many different members of the raptor family fascinate me the most!

I'm OBSESSED with the water Dinos though! Water dinos are the craziest for me to really ponder because realistically, some could still be there without our knowledge and it would be very easy for them to stay reclusive depending on where they lived.
I like teeth.
KRONOSAURUS!
oXfYAJA.jpg

Apatasaurus =)

I like to think that if i was a dinosaur I'd be a really reAlly HUGEoid one like this guy with a bigass tail.

Don't fuck with me and my leaves bro

Also this dude is so cool thank you Jolene =3

DINOSAUR DINOSAUR! So i have a crocodile costume I wanna wear AGAIN for hallowe'en, maybe I can just say i'm a dinosaur and get away with that?

Attachments

• apato.jpg
    apato.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 325
  • kronos.jpg
    kronos.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 325
JoleneBrody said:
I'm OBSESSED with the water Dinos though! Water dinos are the craziest for me to really ponder because realistically, some could still be there without our knowledge and it would be very easy for them to stay reclusive depending on where they lived.
I like teeth.
KRONOSAURUS!
oXfYAJA.jpg

Have you seen the BBC program "Sea Monsters", with Nigel Marven? It was released on DVD here in the US as part of a DVD titled "Chased By Dinosaurs". There's one part of that show that you'd REALLY like. :D

missmeowmixx said:
Apatasaurus =)

I like to think that if i was a dinosaur I'd be a really reAlly HUGEoid one like this guy with a bigass tail.

Don't fuck with me and my leaves bro

Here's a possibly even LARGER one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphicoelias Pity that the original fossil material can no longer be located to confirm the reported size.

I don't really qualify as a dinosaur nerd, but who didn't have a favorite when they were little?

When I was little my favorite was Brontosaurus (thanks to Land Before Time- only the original), which when they revealed it wasn't a real one Bracheosaurus took it's place in my heart. (BTW, chrome's spell check asked me to replace Bracheosaurus with Brontosaurus... go figure.)

Unfortunately, the constant revelations that this or that dinosaur didn't exist, or that they've amended what their vision of the dinosaur looked like, has caused me to lose track of what's what in that world. There's a whole bunch of ted talks that are related, I love this one:

To pick a favorite right now... Well, I'm not even sure it actually existed, but there used to be this one pictured that looked like a brontosaurus but it had flippers instead of feet and lived in the ocean. Kinda like what they say Nessy looks like... well, that's my favorite, if it exists. x.x Fuck it. That's my favorite whether it existed or not. :p

Reactions: ThunderWeasel
LadyLuna said:
To pick a favorite right now... Well, I'm not even sure it actually existed, but there used to be this one pictured that looked like a brontosaurus but it had flippers instead of feet and lived in the ocean. Kinda like what they say Nessy looks like... well, that's my favorite, if it exists. x.x Fuck it. That's my favorite whether it existed or not. :p

Plesiosaur. Those were awesome. (While not technically dinosaurs. They were true reptiles.)

I like Stygimoloch dinosaurs because they looked the most like what mythological Dragons where thought to look like. their heads had a multitude of horns.

And the Bistahieversor about the same size as T-Rex but has more teeth. and was discovered in North America.

Suchomimus a 35 foot long crocodilian looking dinosaur with a ridge on his back.

But currently my most favorite dinosaur Is called an Aellaraptor or Mimeasaur depending on her mood. :lol:

Attachments

• Aellamoonwalkdinosaur.gif
    Aellamoonwalkdinosaur.gif
    987.1 KB · Views: 250
  • AellaRaptor.gif
    AellaRaptor.gif
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 250
jeff98902 said:
I like Stygimoloch dinosaurs because they looked the most like what mythological Dragons where thought to look like. their heads had a multitude of horns.

I've heard that there's some question now if Stygimoloch is a valid genus. Some are speculating that it may be a Pachycephalosaurus. The horns on 1 animal and skull bumps on the other are being theorized as sexual dimorphism.

Diplodocus. I remember getting dinosaur books out of the library all the freaking time. And man that long neck just does it for me....

xSALTx said:
Diplodocus. I remember getting dinosaur books out of the library all the freaking time. And man that long neck just does it for me....

See, guys? We all KNEW they weren't serious when they said size doesn't matter!! :icon-twisted:

:p

Attachments

• il_570xN.390032420_m6l6.jpg
    il_570xN.390032420_m6l6.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 192
Favorite? I don't know that I have one, I like most dinosaurs, especially theropods. And anything with feathers...which basically seems to cover theropods, at the rate they are finding feather imprints :-D

ThunderWeasel said:
LadyLuna said:

Plesiosaur. Those were awesome. (While not technically dinosaurs. They were true reptiles.)

Plesiosaurs are definitely not dinosaurs, as you say, they were reptiles. But dinosaurs, though not much like anything we think of as a reptile, are reptiles anyway. And of course birds are also reptiles. Mammals are not, we split off before reptiles (under most definitions). Mammals and reptiles are both Amniotes, though.

Perhaps these fall more under nightmarish-speculated-reptiles than directly dinosaurs. But I was on a Titanaboa research kick for a while. Also wish there was more information or even speculation about Megalodons, aka speculated giant ass dino sharks that make great whites seem like puppies. lol.

KyraFortune said:
Perhaps these fall more under nightmarish-speculated-reptiles than directly dinosaurs. But I was on a Titanaboa research kick for a while. Also wish there was more information or even speculation about Megalodons, aka speculated giant ass dino sharks that make great whites seem like puppies. lol.

Damn... that is one SCARY snake!

Also.. since you're interested in megalodons, you might like one particular photo in this thread, about halfway down. :D https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15059

Reactions: KyraFortune
Status
Not open for further replies.