AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

disappointed, feeling ugly

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I appreciate it. these kind words really help me a lot.🙏
I think the biggest thing you can do for yourself on cam is to change your expectations. Stay online for as long as you told yourself you would no matter what, and even if you don't make much you still did your best and you should be proud of yourself.

It's been slow in general for everyone (I think it's likely a larger issue with the economy) and so when you have thoughts like "nobody wants to watch me because I'm ugly" it's really easy to disprove those with evidence. I don't think any model has ever had issues with getting viewers because of their looks, it's either bad luck or because they're not being very engaging/interesting. I don't even think equipment is a factor because I've seen page 1 models with shitty laptop cameras and horrible audio/lighting.

You can't really do much about slumps, but you can also use the time to do experiments with your stream and see if trying new things might bring in more engagement and tips. Don't try them with the hope or with an expectation of results either, try them with the hope of learning something new about how people interact with you.

When I noodle with my stream I'm doing it for science and I don't get disheartened when sometimes those things don't work because I'm doing it to collect data. Even if I notice an immediate difference I still hold off on attributing it to my changes until I've been doing it long enough to see if it's a consistent improvement because of what I did or if there are other factors, or if it's just random. I also like to go back and look at my recordings when I have a particularly good or bad show and give myself notes on what I think worked and what didn't.

I also don't think there's a universal formula of what will work, and everyone has to figure out their own.

I think the biggest thing you can do for yourself on cam is to change your expectations. Stay online for as long as you told yourself you would no matter what, and even if you don't make much you still did your best and you should be proud of yourself.

It's been slow in general for everyone (I think it's likely a larger issue with the economy) and so when you have thoughts like "nobody wants to watch me because I'm ugly" it's really easy to disprove those with evidence. I don't think any model has ever had issues with getting viewers because of their looks, it's either bad luck or because they're not being very engaging/interesting. I don't even think equipment is a factor because I've seen page 1 models with shitty laptop cameras and horrible audio/lighting.

You can't really do much about slumps, but you can also use the time to do experiments with your stream and see if trying new things might bring in more engagement and tips. Don't try them with the hope or with an expectation of results either, try them with the hope of learning something new about how people interact with you.

When I noodle with my stream I'm doing it for science and I don't get disheartened when sometimes those things don't work because I'm doing it to collect data. Even if I notice an immediate difference I still hold off on attributing it to my changes until I've been doing it long enough to see if it's a consistent improvement because of what I did or if there are other factors, or if it's just random. I also like to go back and look at my recordings when I have a particularly good or bad show and give myself notes on what I think worked and what didn't.

I also don't think there's a universal formula of what will work, and everyone has to figure out their own.
I am usually an ambitious and strong person. I always stay 6 hours no matter how it is, because I know that sometimes luck comes right before you finish your shift. But it is the 3rd week without traffic and without almost anything, that's why I lost my hope and motivation. I am also stubborn and then I am also disappointed that I managed to stay 6 hours but I did almost nothing. But there is little left and this month its over and I hope for everyone that October will be better . 🙏

• Hugs
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I am usually an ambitious and strong person. I always stay 6 hours no matter how it is, because I know that sometimes luck comes right before you finish your shift. But it is the 3rd week without traffic and without almost anything, that's why I lost my hope and motivation. I am also stubborn and then I am also disappointed that I managed to stay 6 hours but I did almost nothing. But there is little left and this month its over and I hope for everyone that October will be better . 🙏
Another thing you can try is to stream for 3 hours, take a small break, and then come back and do 3 more once you feel refreshed. This is especially good if you're starting to get frustrated and your energy/mood is low.

Sing, dance, talk

All that list the only thing I cannot do is that, I don't feel confortable singing and dancing in public.

Ironic, I can get naked and masturbate in public but I cannot do that lol.

SleepyDimCoyote-max-1mb.gif

The trick is still getting people in the room and staying and tipping. When I do get people in the room it's mostly models. A lot of users come in real quick and go. Not even long enough to see what's going on in my room. Today I was on for 4 hours and had about 30 models and one or two users that stayed until I greeted them and the rest left as soon as they came in. I'm guessing they hit the follow button because my follow count went up. I'm at 4 or 5 days, don't know how many hours and no tips. But, I did visit a couple models who I become "friends" with and tipped them because they were slow. They visit and chat with me but no tips. :(

I hate that too, people enters and leaves real quick, I don't know why, why they enter? What he want to see? I really want to ask that people why do that and what is they want?

I have couple of "friends" models too, but this last week they change they schedule and we no meet each other anymore :(.

but you have to also sorta trust the other person to keep reciprocating.

There are very few people you can trust :(

It's been slow in general for everyone (I think it's likely a larger issue with the economy)
for me personally august/september are always slower in traffic than normal. probably because summer is ending, families vacation before the new school season starts up, spent a shit load preparing for the new school season, most college students are strapped for cash after move-in and books. this time feels the worse because summer always slows down.

and yeah the economy is shit. that aint helping anything.

Another thing you can try is to stream for 3 hours, take a small break, and then come back and do 3 more once you feel refreshed. This is especially good if you're starting to get frustrated and your energy/mood is low.
this is what i did! i would stream 3 hours in the morning, then 3 hours in the evening. that way i was getting new waves of people every shift.

Belive me , I was just so frustrated after 2 h I logged off and went to sleep 😅 Sometimes better just take a rest . Specialy when you’r a mom like me and have no time to relax .

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
All that list the only thing I cannot do is that, I don't feel confortable singing and dancing in public.

Ironic, I can get naked and masturbate in public but I cannot do that lol.

SleepyDimCoyote-max-1mb.gif

I hate that too, people enters and leaves real quick, I don't know why, why they enter? What he want to see? I really want to ask that people why do that and what is they want?
I don’t really like to dance alone , I just feel awkward . Specially when nobody say anything or tip and I’m there like “Yay what a great time to dance “😅 I better try distract my attention and wait.

Here is the real. Covid has restricted the money all over the world. On CB, many models do whatever for free, and one person tips, and the others watch. This is because they don't restrict models from showing their pussy. On another site, I get paid 35%, never show my pussy in public, and earn 10 times what I do on CB.
I don't like a bunch of viewers staring at me, because I find it is always one or two that tip big.
On CB settings, I don't allow people to talk to me unless they have tipped me. I have sat there for 6 hours, with 100 tokens, and then someone comes in and tips me 3000 tokens in 10 minutes. I have days I make $10, and days I make big money. The truth is, on CB, if you want to earn big, you basically have to be naked all the time, and shoving things in you, hopint for tips. With 1000 viewers, the tips still come from one person. Don't forget to react big to those tips.
BTW, every person there goes from , "you're beautiful", to "I'd never pay you old lady" as soon as you don't give them a freebie. How can you base your self confidence on people who go room to room, without paying attention who the girl is, hoping someone will give a flash? 90% are just looking because they are bored at work, and have no plans to tip.

Here is the real. Covid has restricted the money all over the world. On CB, many models do whatever for free, and one person tips, and the others watch. This is because they don't restrict models from showing their pussy. On another site, I get paid 35%, never show my pussy in public, and earn 10 times what I do on CB.
I don't like a bunch of viewers staring at me, because I find it is always one or two that tip big.
On CB settings, I don't allow people to talk to me unless they have tipped me. I have sat there for 6 hours, with 100 tokens, and then someone comes in and tips me 3000 tokens in 10 minutes. I have days I make $10, and days I make big money. The truth is, on CB, if you want to earn big, you basically have to be naked all the time, and shoving things in you, hopint for tips. With 1000 viewers, the tips still come from one person. Don't forget to react big to those tips.
BTW, every person there goes from , "you're beautiful", to "I'd never pay you old lady" as soon as you don't give them a freebie. How can you base your self confidence on people who go room to room, without paying attention who the girl is, hoping someone will give a flash? 90% are just looking because they are bored at work, and have no plans to tip.
I really like Chaturbate. I've been there for a year and a half and I don't complain about how much money I made, and I'm not one of those who are naked for free. If they tip me, I show if not, no. It's just that it's this slow period and I'm really tired of it.
I think on all sites there are those who just sit and watch. it is important to have patience to pass this period.

I really like Chaturbate. I've been there for a year and a half and I don't complain about how much money I made, and I'm not one of those who are naked for free. If they tip me, I show if not, no. It's just that it's this slow period and I'm really tired of it.
I think on all sites there are those who just sit and watch. it is important to have patience to pass this period.
i understand preferring one site over another. warning you slow periods may not end, because of bad luck. it's worth trying other sites or other methods if one is starting to make funds tight. patience can run thin.

hoping this bump ends soon and you get the spoils you deserve with the effort you are continually putting in! keep up the positive attitude too! negative microaggressions may chase off members.

Slow periods come and go, and so does popularity. It seems to me, as good as viewer count is to bump you in the stats and placement on pages, it doesn't always translate to more tips. I started as a user a couple years ago. I remember a model I followed from her first week go from tens of viewers to thousands of viewers in a few short months. After a few months on the first page with thousands of viewers she now has mostly around 100 viewers. BUT... of the thousands viewers very few were tipping, and I think those that were tipping make up her current smaller audience.

Working in retail and in music I am convinced that this business is just like most businesses. It's all about the quality of the customer and turning the paying customers into returning regulars and converting browsers/casual viewers into paying/returning customers. While we might be envious of model with thousands of viewers, in a room that has 10,000 viewers you might have dozens of bots spamming, another dozen recording, several thousand lurking and less than 100 tipping.

I have a good friend who went from tens of viewers to hundreds of viewers in about a year, and she only gets tipped by very few of those hundred. I was hanging out in her room a couple days ago and she had around 300 viewers - many purple and dark blue - and no tippers for the hour I was there. Even with all those viewers after a 4 hour shift she didn't make the 700 token cum goal she set. But on another day with around 20 viewers - mostly regulars - she reached her goal twice in under an hour. Quality vs. quantity.

Also... I could be completely off base and full of shit. 🤷‍♂️

The secret to get traffic Its just about how you tease ppl... Try changing it sometimes to see what happens maybe u forget that!!

The tokens you earn are not a measure of your beauty.

Louder for those in the back;

YOUR BEAUTY IS NEVER MEASURED IN TOKENS. You are worth a million tokens every day, especially on those days when you only make 1.

Keep your chin up, don't let the slow days get to you. 🤗

I will in future , I need a better P.C. . My laptop can’t handle more sites .
When you are in the market for a new computer, check out gaming laptops instead of a desktop. Those little beasts are mostly made for gaming and streaming at the sametime nowadays. Black Friday and cyber Monday are coming up. If you ever need help, we are here!

Get yourself verified here once you reach the requirements. More support and juicy information.

When you are in the market for a new computer, check out gaming laptops instead of a desktop. Those little beasts are mostly made for gaming and streaming at the sametime nowadays. Black Friday and cyber Monday are coming up. If you ever need help, we are here!

Get yourself verified here once you reach the requirements. More support and juicy information.
Thank you! I don’t really know how to get verified ☺️

The secret to get traffic Its just about how you tease ppl... Try changing it sometimes to see what happens maybe u forget that!!
I dont want to get just traffic in my room and no tippers . I know if I tease or get naked they come really fast .

You probably want to make sure that gaming laptop has the right type of nvidia card that supports NVENC (consult this page: https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new) Make sure the card on the laptop has nvenc chips and supports x264. The nvenc generally will use less power and will be able to encode higher resolutions than the best cpus you can get in a laptop.

Also there are dead periods where it just suckkkks the ass lol. Generally the 6th-15th and 25th to 30th of the month. Most ppl get paid on the 1st and 15th so thats when theyre more likely to tip. During those down times though gotta grind it out. Gain 10 cam followers in a day. Pump out ur social media. Pick up 50 new IG friends. Do all that and u may get another 3-4 OF's. or Somebody who will pay $50 for a c2c or tip you on OF etc when they have the money. Pick up 2-3 new onlyfans subs a day for a few months and then u got it made. Never look at cam as the be all end all

So that down-ass slow day may seem worthless but youre planting seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.