AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do I even need to protect my privacy if I everyone knows I cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilith

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 28, 2014
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/184084/Jade_Foxx/
I don't even care if everyone I know finds out I cam. Most of my friends, family, and colleagues already know that I used to cam and strip and that I live a pretty non-traditional lifestyle. I'm a professional artist and people in my field seem to freely talk about pretty sexual topics at work so I'm not really worried about losing work. But I'm returning to working from home and thought I would start camming a bit while I'm at it. I figured I might as well let my audience know I'm an artist and see some of my work. I would probably do some work in front of people if they wanted me to. I don't want anyone I know to be harassed or anything but I just don't feel like there's much danger to anyone figuring out who I am unless it's from psychos and those are the people who you really don't want to have your info. I just don't know how much I would need to keep my online artist presence and my online camming presence separate. Has anyone else blended their career with camming before?

Is it really worth the risk though? Like does the potential benefit outweigh the potential damage? I would think not, but that's up to each individual to decide for themselves. You are right to think that some creep might use that information to fuck with you, and that could have very serious repercussions. Do a search for "stalker" and see what comes up on the forum. Although the more extreme cases are in Models Only for obvious reasons.

There's always risk with the internet. Even people who don't have their naked butt out here shouldn't make it easy for others to find them.

Im completely OUT- even my daughter knows (as well as ALL my family, friends, etc) I would STILL protect myself 100 percent.

Stalkers exist. guys get crazy- seriously protect yourself.

A camgirl who's really open about what she does and has even told some of her viewers her real first name just had her apartment almost broken into twice this week via drill. I'd still be super careful if I was you. People are nuts

There are dangerous people out there, so yeah, I'd still hide your information and probably not let everyone in your real life know your camming info just in case Cindy from high school wants to bash into your chatroom and start using your birth name and spill other shit that could get you hurt.

Yes, please protect your privacy. Don't get so comfortable that you start telling your favorite regulars your real name, phone number, and primary e-mail (Use an alternate e-mail address for camming/adult stuff). Keep that stuff separate. You don't want these dudes trying to add you on your personal Facebook account (or whatever accounts you have that you intended to be for family/friends only). Never let anyone pressure you into revealing info about yourself that you're not comfortable with.

In my opinion it's okay to share things as long as they are not able to locate you physically. Avoid revealing information that would give away your home address, especially if you are a home owner. Avoid anything that would give away your workplace. You don't want crazy people showing up at your doorstep or talking to your colleagues about you, even if everyone knows you are a camgirl.

Reactions: JickyJuly
There's always risk with the internet. Even people who don't have their naked butt out here shouldn't make it easy for others to find them.
This.

I'm a dude. I moderated an online sailing forum several years ago and ended up with an online stalker. To the point that I got the police involved. That was a sailing forum FFS. Fortunately for me my stalker was a) stupid, and b) in the same state so the police were actually able to do something.

Everyone in your personal life may know you are a cam girl, but not everybody that knows you are a cam girl needs to know about your personal life. Don't make it easy for the crazies and keep your personal and professional lives separate, at least until you can afford full time body guards.

[Edit] Fixed typos.

Status
Not open for further replies.