AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do some models become TOO lazy (read for explanation)?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Please don't think I am attacking models, because I am definitely not.
This is only some models. A lot of you do understand that you need to constantly adapt and be doing stuff.

Some models seem to think they can hit a certain "status" for camming and no longer need to try. They think they "know everything". Typically it's these two reasons when they start thinking this:

1) Been on the site for XX year/s, or
2) They have had a month or 2 (usually in a row) of really good tips..

and then they seem to just stop trying completely. They think they have reached the level/status of not needing to do anything any more. They sit there looking bored, moaning at everything and everyone, not TRYING to adapt with the industry or viewers wants/desires.

I guess you could say they become stuck up and arrogant because of it.. and not only is that a turn off for a lot of guys, they do stop trying to adapt to new trends. As we all know, the industry is tough and wants/desires/demands are changing a lot.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say, I don't think I necessarily expressed my opinion and question as good as I could have.

Reactions: caireen and Osyrus
This is only some models. A lot of you do understand that you need to constantly adapt and be doing stuff.

Some models seem to think they can hit a certain "status" for camming and no longer need to try. They think they "know everything". Typically it's these two reasons when they start thinking this:

and then they seem to just stop trying completely. They think they have reached the level/status of not needing to do anything any more. They sit there looking bored, moaning at everything and everyone, not TRYING to adapt with the industry or viewers wants/desires.

I guess you could say they become stuck up and arrogant because of it.. and not only is that a turn off for a lot of guys, they do stop trying to adapt to new trends. As we all know, the industry is tough and wants/desires/demands are changing a lot.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say, I don't think I necessarily expressed my opinion and question as good as I could have.
Ive hit this point multiple times in 7 years. As soon as my earnings start hurting is a wake up call and i put on my big girl pantiesn.

From the outside looking in I've always thought this would be a really difficult thing to stay aware of for a model. I think there's a natural tendency when things start going well to just stop changing things. It's kind of a "Oh ok, so this is what they like, well then I'm sticking to this." I have a profound amount of respect for the creativity a lot of models put into their business to keep things different and fun.

@Miss_Lollipop and @LilyPink I think it's pretty amazing that you both said that there's basically this self realization that happens when things slow down, and that you are proactive in rectifying it. I think that's pretty amazing of you both. The alternative of course is deciding it's everyone else's fault, blaming it on traffic, pissing and moaning about it to regulars, or on Twitter, etc. The latter seems like more of a trend (and probably is perceived as the "lazy" we're talking about here), so big kudos to you for "putting on your big girl panties" as you so eloquently stated (lol) and doing something about it!

Yep, i see it too. Especially the low energy, sit in one spot for hours waiting for something to happen rooms. Personally I find this to be unappealing and all i can think about is how they don't care or ar lazy or unmotivated. I usually move on after a few minutes if not immediately. Most day jobs I have had I see this too, and its intolerable to be around lazy co-workers because some else is gonna pick up the slack. In this case it would be another model who wants to be on cam and shows it, picking up the interest from another model that doesn't. It's annoying behavior, but it saves me tokens and time being able to easily recognize what I don't want right away. So maybe it is good after all :think:

The only way to stay on top in this industry is to constantly adapt, improve, and innovate. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. I can't tell you how many times I've had to alter my hustle, my looks, my entire business plan, my work flow, and more! You can't rest on your laurels.

It never hurts to keep an eye on what the top players in your given market are doing. Don't be a copycat, but key into trends and take inspiration. Try to always find something to improve.

Lazy models stuck in a rut aren't going to last long.

I think, having said that it's part of my creative process, there are times when i've tried most things and have great energy and it's just not happening for me. This can make me spiral into thinking it's all my fault and I'm just not sexy enough and how will I ever get my goals. Negative thinking like that is low energy thinking.. leading me to sit down and fret about what I'm doing wrong... which means less tips because less bubbly energy. I think camgirls have a tendency to blame themselves but sometimes all the variables aren't working out and we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves.

I'm saying this having just spent 2 hours online with low traffic and low tippers despite great conversation!

Reactions: caireen
Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

That can apply ANYWHERE - I've always loved this thought.

Lazy models stuck in a rut aren't going to last long.

I think a lot of times it's not even a conscious choice and I think it's not even limited to camming. The hard part is getting real with yourself and having that aha moment when you realize you JUST might be part of the problem. ;)

I think camgirls have a tendency to blame themselves but sometimes all the variables aren't working out and we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves.

I hesitate to chime in on this one because I know having good friends as models is NOT the same as BEING a model, but I've had that exact conversation with model friends several times. There's certainly plenty you girls can do to increase the likelihood of conversation, support (tips), etc. But at the end of the day you can't push the button for us members. How many times have you seen it where Tuesday sucks, then you turn right around and do the exact same thing on Thursday, and it's the best day of the week? :D

This has been killing me lately. I broke my foot about a month and a half ago and obviously cant do much for my usual active, or even standing up for cam. I also cant fit my cast into many of my cosplay outfits so I havent dressed up much at all for Halloween. Im kinda floor bound haha. I know it makes it less fun and interesting and i try to do my best to dance or whatever with the clunky cast but I'm feeling antsy and frustrated as of late. I know i need to figure out another plan of attack but am at a loss.. But I guess what I'm saying is I completely agree that switching things up is important and also if anyone has any ideas for me I'm all ears!

This has been killing me lately. I broke my foot about a month and a half ago and obviously cant do much for my usual active, or even standing up for cam. I also cant fit my cast into many of my cosplay outfits so I havent dressed up much at all for Halloween. Im kinda floor bound haha. I know it makes it less fun and interesting and i try to do my best to dance or whatever with the clunky cast but I'm feeling antsy and frustrated as of late. I know i need to figure out another plan of attack but am at a loss.. But I guess what I'm saying is I completely agree that switching things up is important and also if anyone has any ideas for me I'm all ears!
I can totally relate. I'm an 'active' model normally - i stand/kneel, move around a lot. I had two bad injuries this month and had to do several shows seated at my desk. I know some models make that work but that was... .... painfffffullllly bad shifts.

I don't have anything to add to this but to empathize. Well that and there's a dude I'll send your way?? He will pay for you to show off your cast and talk about the injury. He's super sweet. Sending him an MFC mail right now ;) He'll tell you I sent him if he pops in.

From the outside looking in I've always thought this would be a really difficult thing to stay aware of for a model. I think there's a natural tendency when things start going well to just stop changing things. It's kind of a "Oh ok, so this is what they like, well then I'm sticking to this." I have a profound amount of respect for the creativity a lot of models put into their business to keep things different and fun.

@Miss_Lollipop and @LilyPink I think it's pretty amazing that you both said that there's basically this self realization that happens when things slow down, and that you are proactive in rectifying it. I think that's pretty amazing of you both. The alternative of course is deciding it's everyone else's fault, blaming it on traffic, pissing and moaning about it to regulars, or on Twitter, etc. The latter seems like more of a trend (and probably is perceived as the "lazy" we're talking about here), so big kudos to you for "putting on your big girl panties" as you so eloquently stated (lol) and doing something about it!

It usually happens for me when I've had a large tipper for a while. I've had two instances where they were gone combined with me needing some time off. and when i got back.. ouch. When i left to get married earlier this year, My highest tipper passed away and a few years earlier when i was leaving for a large trip and gone for over a month, another highest tipper needed to leave MFC for personal reasons. I came back to less traffic and nobody to save my ass but me.
I found myself not having a 'hero' to finish counts. Then cos im not hitting my counts anymore, i dont get the high traffic from when i do shows in public.

It just means more hustle.. and sometimes lowering counts so you can make sure you can hit those shows.. (to a point...)

It's something that's happened enough now that I"m aware that big tippers make me lazy and I have to make sure to hold myself accountable.. but burn out happens too and THAT.. thats when its really hard to pull yourself OUT of that funk.

Reactions: caireen and Gen
How many times have you seen it where Tuesday sucks, then you turn right around and do the exact same thing on Thursday, and it's the best day of the week? :D

LMAO!! So true. I'm a regular in a few rooms whom almost say this exact thing. Also goes for what time of day it is as well. :D

I can empathize with you on this. One of my ex-GF's broke her ankle, and had to be in a cast for months until she healed. She hated everything about it as she had a job which required her to be on her feet her entire shift and she grew restless very quickly. She did do everything the doctor and therapist told her too, which helped in her recovery.

Might have to stop and say "Hi" if you're on while I am. Not the guy @Miss_Lollipop is talking about... :p

Reactions: xDollPartsx
It usually happens for me when I've had a large tipper for a while. I've had two instances where they were gone combined with me needing some time off. and when i got back.. ouch. When i left to get married earlier this year, My highest tipper passed away and a few years earlier when i was leaving for a large trip and gone for over a month, another highest tipper needed to leave MFC for personal reasons. I came back to less traffic and nobody to save my ass but me.
I found myself not having a 'hero' to finish counts. Then cos im not hitting my counts anymore, i dont get the high traffic from when i do shows in public.

It just means more hustle.. and sometimes lowering counts so you can make sure you can hit those shows.. (to a point...)

It's something that's happened enough now that I"m aware that big tippers make me lazy and I have to make sure to hold myself accountable.. but burn out happens too and THAT.. thats when its really hard to pull yourself OUT of that funk.

It's good to hear you say that. Wish other models would realize it, instead of blame members for leaving, or being slow, etc.

It's good to hear you say that. Wish other models would realize it, instead of blame members for leaving, or being slow, etc.
Sometimes it IS slow and i'm busting my ass doing everything i can also though. That was my last cam shift. I put so much damn effort in, i was high energy, I had cute games.. and ppl just were not tipping. It absolutely isn't ever just the models fault, or just the rooms fault. Sometimes its just luck.. sometimes its a night with a fuck ton of douchey members... sometimes its just slow.. and sometimes its me.

But yeah, I know sometimes its just about me. Frankly sometimes I know i don't have a ton of energy and I log on with lowered expectations due to that.

Sometimes it IS slow and i'm busting my ass doing everything i can also though. That was my last cam shift. I put so much damn effort in, i was high energy, I had cute games.. and ppl just were not tipping. It absolutely isn't ever just the models fault, or just the rooms fault. Sometimes its just luck.. sometimes its a night with a fuck ton of douchey members... sometimes its just slow.. and sometimes its me.

But yeah, I know sometimes its just about me. Frankly sometimes I know i don't have a ton of energy and I log on with lowered expectations due to that.

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that it's only a model's fault as there's times where a member will get burned out as well. Or, for life reasons and needs to leave. But, yes, there's those days where no matter what happens, members just won't tip. As a regularly tipping member, I kind of hate those days because I want to tip more than I should. But, I also know I can't always carry the room/goals for financial reasons. I feel bad for the model who's room I'm in. Not because I feel like I failed her in some way. But, because I can somewhat understand the amount of work she puts in, and the returns can be be really shitty on those days.

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply that it's only a model's fault as there's times where a member will get burned out as well. Or, for life reasons and needs to leave. But, yes, there's those days where no matter what happens, members just won't tip. As a regularly tipping member, I kind of hate those days because I want to tip more than I should. But, I also know I can't always carry the room/goals for financial reasons. I feel bad for the model who's room I'm in. Not because I feel like I failed her in some way. But, because I can somewhat understand the amount of work she puts in, and the returns can be be really shitty on those days.
No problem i just wanted to make sure no one thought i was saying "every bad day is the models fault" ..

Shit happens. I focus on the parts of it that I can control, which is only Me, Myself and I.

Some models seem to think they can hit a certain "status" for camming and no longer need to try.

In sells if you find some thing that's working. It's very easy to keep doing what worked, that is until it doesn't work any more. In many sells based industries one way they combat this is by changing things up every quarter. Maybe it's a new sells pitch, a new brand, a new feature, a new gimmicks.

I'm approaching year 10 of MFC...

I've certainly felt less motivated and energetic to update my cam sessions to keep up with the current flock of top models and successful rooms.

But what I've always done still works enough to satisfy me, and I am throwing in some new gaming streams with fun graphics and whatnot. Gaming on cam is something I'd really rather push toward doing majority of the time over the next year.

In sells if you find some thing that's working. It's very easy to keep doing what worked, that is until it doesn't work any more. In many sells based industries one way they combat this is by changing things up every quarter. Maybe it's a new sells pitch, a new brand, a new feature, a new gimmicks.
I think the word you were going for was "sales" here. And yes, in sales based industries, keeping things fresh is definitely key to longevity. Some have the ability to keep up, others don't.

Reactions: callmepete
I'm approaching year 10 of MFC..

I've certainly felt less motivated and energetic to update my cam sessions to keep up with the current flock of top models and successful rooms.

But what I've always done still works enough to satisfy me, and I am throwing in some new gaming streams with fun graphics and whatnot. Gaming on cam is something I'd really rather push toward doing majority of the time over the next year.

I think the word you were going for was "sales" here. And yes, in sales based industries, keeping things fresh is definitely key to longevity. Some have the ability to keep up, others don't.

You and other models who have been around for quite a while, I have a lot of respect for. It seems many models don't stick around for more than about 2-3 years and then they drop off the face of the world it seems (not that it's wrong if they chose to do so). But, it's cool to see veterans who've seen a lot of things. some of the stories I've heard from different models could make a hell of a novel some day.

But, at some point, I see everyone deciding to eventually cut back and move to other realms. I know Aspen has really branched out over the past couple of years with her fitness, modeling, etc. I think this is really a good thing to do, and am happy she's doing it. I'd imagine other models are doing something similar, whatever their interests may be.

I know some have said that they don't plan on giving up camming entirely. But, that they'd cut back significantly to focus on the other areas of life.

I think the word you were going for was "sales" here.

Having ADHD is super fun. Sales vs sells, yah sales in a noun.

I've certainly felt less motivated and energetic to update my cam sessions to keep up with the current flock of top models

Burn out is a real. For me, Stress can make it worse. Work life balance is really important, and for me it's very easy to get unbalanced. I keep my phone Do not Disturb after work, I don't check my email. Good eating, Proper Rest and Exercise really makes a difference for me.

I went on a long walk the other day, and it was amazing how much of a difference that made for the rest of the day.

I am throwing in some new gaming streams with fun graphics and whatnot. Gaming on cam is something I'd really rather push toward doing majority of the time over the next year.

MFC or Twitch?

Burn out is a real. For me, Stress can make it worse. Work life balance is really important, and for me it's very easy to get unbalanced. I keep my phone Do not Disturb after work, I don't check my email.
Being a cam girl, work/life balance is super weird to work out. Over the years, it became such that my "off" time is still quite connected to "amber" time because all of the social media and phone apps I would use in my leisure hours are amber accounts. I do wish I could create an on/off mental connection because I agree it is important.

MFC or Twitch?
MFC, but maybe both at some point.

I kinda like pulling my boobies out during gaming sessions too much to hop over to Twitch just yet. :)

Amber ....
Congratulations for being around for 10 years ....
shame it’s taken me so long to find you ... but just awesome that I have
Hope you’ll be around for sometime yet to enjoy all that you bring...
Thank you

Howdy!

I literally just started camming this week and I can see you are far more experienced then I am, so if my suggestion falls flat I understand haha. But I tend to watch as many girls as I can at night before my show to get inspiration and I've seen a number of women on their bed or couch lying down and masturbating. It's pretty hot if they're into it and they're not in costume or moving around at all.

Something like that might go against what your fans expect of you typically, but until your injury heals I think you could easily use the time to get creative with what you CAN do, or hell, just lay down and have a nice, relaxing show :)

Status
Not open for further replies.