AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do some models use Pinterest?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... I use it for feminization on NiteFlirt, to pick out hairstyles, outfits, and nail ideas for femme guys.

• Funny!
Reactions: Emberblaze
Pinterest is useless and definitely not made to advertise for adult cam services.

I don't have much use for Pinterest. I remember getting some kids Halloween party ideas from it (when I worked in daycare), which was cool. I think my grandmom uses it a lot though.

I was super annoyed recently when I noticed that a former MFC reg had been following me ("subscribed?") on Pinterest. Like I said, I hardly ever use the shit, but wtf. My fault though. This is what happens when (some years ago) you become too trusting of members, and foolishly let a few of them know your personal info. Suddenly, they're trying to add you/"subscribe" to you on every possible platform they can find.

I don't use it myself but I did find that someone posted some pics of me in there although I'm not sure why they would think Pinterest is a good place to put booty pics on lol

In my personal experience, I have found that Pinterest is used a looooot by the DIY crowd, by those interested in crafts & cooking & weddings & fashion & art & the like. Looking around at statistics about Pinterest demographics (I can't verify their authenticity, but it sounds right to me) - while men account for 40% of Pinterest signups, they only account for 7% of total pins. Which means that the vast majority of consistent Pinterest users are women.

While we all know that women can & do enjoy the pr0nz, the vast majority of our target demographic are men. Not crafty women. Which means that Pinterest isn't a super awesome advertising platform for our work, or in hopes of achieving sales. Time would be better spent on platforms our target demographic use more often: i.e., twitter or instagram or snapchat.

I use Pinterest in my personal time because I love DIY and crafty things, but I reaaaaaaally don't think Pinterest is a good platform to market our work at all.

I use pinterest as a camgirl as a way to organize my ideas because I'm a visual person so that works for me. All my boards are secret because I don't think pinterest's algorithm would appreciate my very adult pins popping up anywhere and I'm not wanting to draw any attention to myself there. I'm not using it to promote or sell anything, but instead as an internal productivity tool.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
"Last saved to 4 years ago," yeah I don't think it worked out for them. Or maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, it seems like a rather pointless endeavor when you could just as easily post somewhere that is more adult-oriented and better suited for finding new clientele.

better suited for finding new clientele.
Yeah the fact that you cannot view posts at all on Pinterest without signing up really puts off a large population of people, including myself. It's crap for advertising.

If you want to take up centerpiece-making or glitter decoupage, that's the joint, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.