AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you say you're married or single??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2012
As my name implies, I'm the supportave husband for my Thai wife who is just about to enter the camgirl world and wondering should she state on her profile if she is married or single?? would being married chase away potential clients??
I have a lot more newbie questions regarding issues like security/safety and how to make the most of your time on line........
Thanks in advance for your support.

Many models keep their relationship status quiet.
Many models are open about it.

Problems seem to stem from models who lie about it, but are then caught, or find the lie to be much too stressful to maintain. On the other hand, models who are single can find it very hard to "come out" about a new relationship.

Being single, married or partnered seems to have no real impact on earnings.

It would probably just be easiest for your wife to be honest about her marital status. She doesn't have to give any information to her room about it. To paraphrase Amber, "me being married doesn't change the view."

There's a lot of girls who state married or seeing someone or in a relationship on their profiles. It doesn't seem to really affect potential income.

I think that most of the well balanced premiums do not care one way or the other whether a model is married or not, and the ones that do are the ones you have to be careful with anyways

The majority of problems ive seen appear when a model has lied about it and the lie gets too big to manage or unravels completley

Whatever works :twocents-02cents:

There's no valid reason to lie about being married unless she wants to try and scam some sugar daddy types. Being honest will also help her avoid all the stupid questions like "Do you like black, white, tall, short, skinny... type guys" and she won't be pressured to have date raffles or any of the other crap the so-called single models have to deal with.

I would also suggest you stay out of her chat room, or at the very least remain just another anonymous premium if you are in her chat room. There used to be a cute MFC model that was married and her husband was a controlling douche bag who answered questions that were directed solely towards her. He was an all around overprotective ass which totally sabotaged any chances for her being successful.

:twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:
There's no valid reason to lie about being married unless she wants to try and scam some sugar daddy types. Being honest will also help her avoid all the stupid questions like "Do you like black, white, tall, short, skinny... type guys" and she won't be pressured to have date raffles or any of the other crap the so-called single models have to deal with.

I would also suggest you stay out of her chat room, or at the very least remain just another anonymous premium if you are in her chat room. There used to be a cute MFC model that was married and her husband was a controlling douche bag who answered questions that were directed solely towards her. He was an all around overprotective ass which totally sabotaged any chances for her being successful.

:twocents-02cents:

I actually almost made a post disagreeing with most of your points, but I didn't, but now I am! Boom!

One valid reason to keep marriage a secret is the type of persona or vibe a model wants to have. If a model wants to present herself as a carefree and open lady who isn't tied down, there is no reason to mention she's married. Scamming models has nothing to do with it. I've been called a scammer specifically because I was taken, and honest about it.

Even models who are openly taken have to deal with people who don't notice, or don't care, that she isn't single. Members who are treating MFC as a dating site also treat boyfriends and husbands as easily disposable.

And lastly, I do agree that it is a really bad idea to behave as the room's moderator. However, if you let your wife control her own shows and you don't get overbearing, it probably won't kill the room to eventually let people know who you are.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I suggested it would help her avoid some problem questions, not eliminate them. One of my favorite models who brought me to MFC said she was married with permission to play online. My point is you don't have to lie about being married to do well, then risk getting caught in more lies down the road.

Someone should explore the unhappily married angle

Lucrative I'm sure :lol:

I was single for my first year on MFC, and when I met the man of my dreams, I was very open about it. I had zero negative feedback and everyone was only happy for me. I am open about my relationship status and my earnings weren't affected at all :)

Wow, Thanks for all the feedback girls. I was amazed to find so many responses from the camgirl community and hopefull now that we can pull this off with your support. I had expected to be shuned as a guy invading your sacred space, but instead you gave us support and sound advise.
A bit of contradiction in advise, but it seems that the general tactic is to be honest [if asked] and leave the spaces for maritial status blank?? Let them guess and as some say, it don't matter anyway.

Makes me wonder if there are other 'supporting husbands' out there?? or am I on my own??

I do have a few more stupid newbie questions that i'll be asking and I hope for your patience and support.

Thanks again.....

supportave husband said:
As my name implies, I'm the supportave husband for my Thai wife who is just about to enter the camgirl world and wondering should she state on her profile if she is married or single?? would being married chase away potential clients??
I have a lot more newbie questions regarding issues like security/safety and how to make the most of your time on line........
Thanks in advance for your support.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being honest. I'm single, but if I was married I'd put 'married' in my profile.

I figure if a member avoids your room just because you're married, it's probably because A) he feels guilty/uncomfortable about enjoying naughty times with a married woman (but I think that's unlikely) or B) he's one of those guys who's on a mission to meet a cam girl in person.

When I was setting up my account on MFC I discussed with my husband whether or not I should say that I am married and I decided like others have already mentioned that it's much easier being honest than risk getting caught in a lie. While I do admit to being married and having children that's as far as I'm willing to discuss.

You can leave that part blank. I hate how people say its lying. I guess it you put single it is but otherwise you do not have to say anything. I feel its none of the members business. MFC is a fantasy world not a dating site so it urks me when people feel they need to tell everything

Reactions: AliceDoe
I leave the spot blank and say "that's irrelevant to the purposes of the site". I say it in as bland a voice as possible, so if they keep pressing, I literally sound like a recording. :p

I am in a relationship, and sometimes I will admit it, but I don't talk about our relationship on camera at all. A statement to that effect is usually on my profile somewhere, for those who take the time to read it (again, the general spot left blank, this is in what I write myself, not the drop-down menus. I don't use the drop-down menus, cause I like to actually answer the questions properly)

LadyLuna said:
I leave the spot blank and say "that's irrelevant to the purposes of the site". I say it in as bland a voice as possible, so if they keep pressing, I literally sound like a recording. :p

I intend to use this line from now on. Made me :lol:

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.