AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you think THUMBS UP and THUMBS DOWN is a good way to rate a model?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2021
Chaturbate Username
Mystic_Bunny
Hellooo, I wanted to hear from you if you think the ratings for Thumbs Down and Thumbs UP are fair for a model's show.
This month it's been 2 years since I started chaturbate and since I started I've only received only 2 thumbs down.

The first thumbs down was last year, where a guy started a PVT with me and closed it at the exact moment it started... literally I couldn't even say hi to him...
I don't know if he called me the wrong private... anyway... he gave me a thumbs down.
and the second Thumbs Down, it was yesterday afternoon, look at the message I received from the guy:
Screenshot_6.png
this got me thinking... is this the best way to evaluate models?
Giving power to negative people?

I do a show the goal is CUM at 4000tk when it reaches 4000tk I start a ticket show,
However, my ticket show is not to make more tokens... it's to keep my cum exclusive for Fans and Public with Tokens.
I literally give FREE TICKETS to EVERYONE who helped me complete the goal.
I give free tickets to the fanclub, and I even give free tickets to the fans who are constantly coming into the room and making me feel good.

I got 2 thumbs downs in 2 years as a model, the 2 thumbs down are questionable, how can these reviews be positive for a model or for the Chaturbate?
I would like to know your models opinion... because I think it's a little unfair for a person who gives you 3000tk to have the same power as a person who gives you 25tk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey mysticbunny, you make a very good point. I don't understand cb reasoning to allow users that spend 25 tks to vote on what they think of you by a thumbs up/down. Why 25 tokens??
Why not 250 tokens or take you private for more than 5 minutes, i notice people that spend more tokens(much more than 25) with me are generally regulars and leave positive comments.

While I do have one regular who visits and tends to always spend 25 tks so he can leave a thumbs up and comment. As much as he seems happy to seem me I wouldn't be surprised where if I don't please him he will give me a thumbs down/negative comment.

I noticed with my time being on cb that you can't please everyone there will always be someone who's miserable and wants 2 be heard even if it makes you look bad.
BTW You should be very happy I'm sure to go 2 years camming and only have 2 negative users. Thats awesome, you must be doing something right!😃

Upvote 0
It might seem unfair that someone who tipped less can give the same vote as someone who tipped more, but consider the opposite. Say the requirement was 250 to vote, and a user tips 200 for something on a model's menu which they decide to ignore, or perhaps they are rude to a user. The user, rightfully might want to give a down vote to the model but cannot without spending more on the model.

Another thing to consider is that the users spending the most won't complain, because had they any complaints they wouldn't continue spending. Now is 25 tokens the right amount? That's hard to say, and it will probably vary by room. For smaller rooms I think it's fine, though for more popular rooms it could perhaps be higher, but you can't really have a different system for everyone.

Now for something like this you can just msg CB support and they can remove the down vote. Also I'm sure most users don't care about ratings that much as long as the model has a decently high rating.

Reactions: mysticbunny
Upvote 0
I had only 3 thumbs down in my career but 2 of them i remember very good:
1. One dark violet guy was coming often but never tipped. Once i wrote him that if he wil gonna lurk i will remove him from my room, so he tipped around 60 for some cheapest flash. So i did flash and few minutes later my regular came to my room and took me pvt. So this guy who didnt do nothing except this 60, gave me thumb downd and wrote: "Demanding and then leaving" :DDDDDDD

2. Guy was curious how long time i will handle toy on max vibes in standing position, i have 20 seconds for 100 tokens. He asked me if i will just stand and keep my domi. I said yes - i wil stand and keep. It was in open chat. He tipped 2 or 3 times 100 but in meantime other guys started tipping me 1, 1, 15 and so on:D So his idea was interrupted . Instead of took me pvt, he wanted play in open chat and literally was mad because other guys joined tipping and it was not with his idea ;D

3. Guy was right because i was grumpy af , but i had very slow day and he was like - i wll tip 25 and we will talk in pm for hours ;D

Upvote 0
As a CB viewer, I know there are negative demanding jerks out there so seeing a few thumbs down never affects my impression of a model.

Regarding spending power affecting your rating power, I agree with what @Nigerian Prince said. When you have a bad experience, you don't spend a lot. But I also think yo make a good point that if people are enjoying the experience enough to spend thousands and thousands, how bad can the performer be?

I don't have good answers but they're good questions.

Upvote 0
You can hide the thumb score. Models with excessive thumbs down are auto-moderated by Chaturbate programming with a warning to potential tippers that they do not do as requested when tipped. From what I understand that action is triggered when your score is 50% or less.

It's not a great system. None of them are. Consider the alternatives like MFC where you could be having the greatest day of your cam career and still drop in the model score.

Votes fall off every 90 days. I think a person can only downvote someone once every 30 days (that's how long a ban lasts when a model kicks someone out.)

One or two is not a big deal. Some rooms have hundreds of downvotes. Doesn't seem to stop anyone from tipping them.

Upvote 0
I think it would be a much fairer system if broadcasters could also vote, based on how the tipping viewers behave towards them i.e. a two-way situation, a bit like buyer and seller feedback on good ol' eBay.
It would certainly help to encourage respect towards models, which is all too often lacking, and reduce vexatious down-thumb voting in return for just 25 tokens outlay.
And then models seeing a newcomer join their room would have an immediate idea from their rating % if they're serious or time-wasters. Fair is fair, right?
But how to make it work?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it would be a much fairer system if broadcasters could also vote, based on how the tipping viewers behave towards them i.e. a two-way situation, a bit like buyer and seller feedback on good ol' eBay.
It would certainly help to encourage respect towards models, which is all too often lacking, and reduce vexatious down-thumb voting in return for just 25 tokens outlay.
And then models seeing a newcomer join their room would have an immediate idea from their rating % if they're serious or time-wasters. Fair is fair, right?
But how to make it work?
Yeah, I don't agree with that at all. I'm not going to vote a tipper up for another model to judge. That's weird.

Upvote 0
But how to make it work?
Skyprivate has something like that. You get to rate each customer after a show and whenever a new customer comes you get to see their score and average time spent in shows. I think it's only fair and more sites should do that. Why are models the only ones being evaluated? It takes two to tango.

Upvote 0
When you have a good day and get more ratings per day. So you can't tell who gave a thumbs up or thumbs down. Sometimes I had clients who wanted to do things at pvt that I didn't promise. And that doesn't seem fair to me. And Chaturbate has anonymous reviews, that seems silly to me. Other sites have ratings and the name of the client who rated me. Not so on Chatrubate. So you don't know who rated you.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
But how to make it work?
I would love to be able to rate the members. It would help tremendously with the jerks and freeloaders.

Upvote 0
I think most ratings systems are going to have flaws, but a simple thumbs up or thumbs down is probably the worst way to rate something like a model’s performance. Everyone has their own kinks and fetishes, and not every model is going to appeal to every person. It’s why I always like to be able to see “reviewers” comments on any sort of review score because you can get a pretty good sense of if that person is justified in the score they gave, or just being unrealistic, and a lot of times I find the low scores are just from someone having unrealistic expectations. Apply that to a cam girl/guy who the viewer might find very attractive but then be upset that they won’t perform that particular user’s kink and you get an upset user with far too easy a way to negatively impact that performer with the simple click of a button.

Upvote 0
Skyprivate has something like that. You get to rate each customer after a show and whenever a new customer comes you get to see their score and average time spent in shows. I think it's only fair and more sites should do that. Why are models the only ones being evaluated? It takes two to tango.
That seems fair, it works for uber & lyft

Upvote 0
Hellooo, I wanted to hear from you if you think the ratings for Thumbs Down and Thumbs UP are fair for a model's show.
This month it's been 2 years since I started chaturbate and since I started I've only received only 2 thumbs down.

The first thumbs down was last year, where a guy started a PVT with me and closed it at the exact moment it started... literally I couldn't even say hi to him...
I don't know if he called me the wrong private... anyway... he gave me a thumbs down.
and the second Thumbs Down, it was yesterday afternoon, look at the message I received from the guy:
View attachment 95245
this got me thinking... is this the best way to evaluate models?
Giving power to negative people?

I do a show the goal is CUM at 4000tk when it reaches 4000tk I start a ticket show,
However, my ticket show is not to make more tokens... it's to keep my cum exclusive for Fans and Public with Tokens.
I literally give FREE TICKETS to EVERYONE who helped me complete the goal.
I give free tickets to the fanclub, and I even give free tickets to the fans who are constantly coming into the room and making me feel good.

I got 2 thumbs downs in 2 years as a model, the 2 thumbs down are questionable, how can these reviews be positive for a model or for the Chaturbate?
I would like to know your models opinion... because I think it's a little unfair for a person who gives you 3000tk to have the same power as a person who gives you 25tk.
No and I will tell you why. There is a user that's whole existence on chaturbate is to berate, embarrass, and harass me . He enters my room every 2 days like clock work with his new name & tips 25 tokens just to downvote me. The harassment started on MFC and he followed me to chaturbate. WHY u ask? other than him either being mentally incompetent or he is probably some immature underage child but this guy has a very nasty hatred toward women based on how he treats me- but anyways his reasoning for making my time as a cam model stressful since that first time he messaged me is because I would not give him freebies and break chaturbates rules and accept payments offsite for skype shows. Chaturbate has been banning his accounts and removing his malicious downvotes but removing the downvotes can take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks, removing the downvotes isnt instant as I imagine chaturbate is busy. and his nasty degrading comments he leaves beside his downvotes can be seen by anyone who knows where to see the voting. Its quiet annoying and embarrassing and Its taking a toll on me honestly. The whole process of taking screen shots, making videos, then emailing Chaturbate, my customers seeing his mean & immature comments, him stealing the energy from the room, causing me to lose out on tips- Its just exhausting. And he has made the threat over and over again that he will keep coming every 2 days to downvote me., Please chaturbate consider throwing this upvote downvote thing away and please ban his MAC address ip address. There has to be some way to stop this mentally ill person from being able to create new accounts.

Upvote 0
25 tokens are nothing for some troll or obsessed mentally ill stalker to come on and just constantly downvote you because of blackmail. "if you dont give me a free skype show, Im downvoting you".
I know first hand. I am in constant contact with chaturbate with this issue.

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
It is the worst. I get people rate me down for the most stupid reasons, especially trolls. They'll tip 25 and if I don't give them something hugely out of proportion to that tip, they can just rate me thumbs down for it. Luckily, I have lots of great users who always rate thumbs up, but it is frustrating when it happens.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
I'm not actively camming on CB anymore, but still I say no, I DO NOT like the thumb up/thumb down feature...for all of the reasons you guys stated above.

Reactions: darcyduke
Upvote 0
The only times I've been downvoted in recent memory was when 1) a user asked me to say a racial slur after tipping and I refused, and 2) someone tipped for a dildo BJ, and after 10 minutes I put it down to take a private show, and he wrote something like "stopped performing to take a pvt" in the note. There were more I don't remember specifically, but a few were for requests for actions which violate the ToS in which I always suggest other actions, even if it might have been for something which costs higher. In my experience it didn't affect earnings; my clientele knows I try to do my best in satisfying and working with customers.

Reactions: darcyduke
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.