AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you tip wealthy models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How do you feel about tipping wealthy models?

• Good. If a model looks successful I think she must enjoy her job.

• Good. I like luxury and beautiful backgrounds

• Good. I like to contribute to her amazing life.

• Normal. It doesn't matter to me either way.

• Normal. I tip whomever I like regardless of their money.

• Normal. I tip for value (buy videos, pay for privates)

• Bad. If a model obviously makes more money than me why should I tip her?

• Bad. If I am going to spend I would rather give it to a model that needs it more.

• Bad. I feel like I would have to tip a lot to even get noticed.

• Other. My reason is not listed (please write in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were given an answer in the other thread. Asking @AmberCutie to delete it because you didn't like the answers is a little duplicitous. Then to make a very biased poll with no answer even close to the answer from the previous thread.

• Wat?!
Reactions: CasseLove
I will tip either way but I do tip wealthier models more. The more money someone makes and has, the more money it typically takes to make them smile and that's why I tip.

It also doesn't take wealth always but camming from a very nice looking space is pretty important to me and richer ladies accomplish that more often because it's easier I would imagine.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DrWangFei and Mila_
I would say it doesn't sway me one way or the other, but I'm not sure it would be truthful.
I dont tip the models that I assume would be doing pretty well, but only because i also dont go in their rooms often, because the conversation tends to move to fast for me.
I really only hang out in a couple rooms anymore, and atm one of those models is having a hard time making ends meet, so she has been getting the lions share of my tokens.

I don't let perceived wealth get in the way of how I tip models. The models I consider my favorites all have had varying degrees of success on the site, but my reasons for tipping and visiting them is purely based on how I connected with them early on.

The only thing that I do get distracted by are kitchen furnishings lol. My kitchen/stove/ cookware looks so basic in comparison to almost any model I follow.

Bathrooms are the second thing I get caught admiring. So many glass showers and separate bath tubs.

You were given an answer in the other thread. Asking @AmberCutie to delete it because you didn't like the answers is a little duplicitous. Then to make a very biased poll with no answer even close to the answer from the previous thread.

Actually it was a discussion, there was no definitive answer. And I'm the one that suggested a poll would be nice for this. So Kitsune decided to make this thread based on that. And the request for deletion had nothing to do with duplicitous reasons. It's simply a desire to not have two threads devoted to the exact same thing. Also I see nothing biased about the poll, it has many options including one for 'other,' leaving people free to comment how they feel if their opinion isn't a choice.

You kind of overreacted here.

From the other thread (before it was closed)

simon said:
I think by "wealth" Kitsune is referring to a model's apparent overall socioeconomic status, not just her income. (Although you raise a good point that the two variables in her question are not perfectly independent.)

Personally I think the real challenge in testing this would be separating out the impact of a model's individual attractiveness, since we know there is a correlation between wealth and beauty, and I would assume beauty is itself a driver of tip spend. I'm sure you'd find a shortage of both beautiful girls in favelas and ugly girls in mansions to use as test subjects.

But then I'm guessing Kitsune has a much more specific question in mind, like, "Should I keep this expensive artwork in my bedroom or not?" Something like that would be much easier to test for. (@Kitsune?)

I was referring to what the model shows on cam, social media, etc. Apparent wealth doesn't necessarily correlate to income, of course (she could look poor and have a lot of money, or be in debt up to her neck to pay for those luxuries) but I was talking about how the models are perceived.

So, for example, Brina displayed her wealth a lot circa 2014. She posted pics and videos of the Cadillac she bought, and you could see her awesome penthouse on the background when she cammed. Alexis is also like this. And Pumpkin Spice. I love to watch their apartments as much as I like to watch them on cam haha. But I was wondering if this was a deterrent for tippers. I can see how seeing a model who is so wealthy could be alienating for the audience. A guy might have reservations about tipping a girl if he feels she has more wealth than he does.

Then, on the other hand, you have models who seem like they live in ordinary apartments, they cam from their bedroom or their living room and are open about having roommates, sharing their room with others, their bills and money managing woes. I feel like these girls have a more down to earth vibe to them, like you could relate to them more simply because they live in a situation similar to yours. So they seem more accessible, they keep that "girl next door" allure.

I was just wondering about this because I recently moved into a very big place and I have 2 different rooms where I could cam. One that is flashy and another one that is quite stark. I was wondering which one I should cam from.

As a model I think my opinion is a bit different but I'm gonna share it anyway :p I am most likely to tip models from this forum so income doesn't matter in that case. I will also sometimes tip them if they're going for rank and it doesn't matter if that's top 1000, 100 or 10.

But if I'm just browsing models I tend to tip lower camscore girls who usually don't "look" rich. I feel like my small-ish tips go further in making her happy (as in, 200 tokens makes a girl happier if her nightly goal is 1000tks versus 10,000tks) and I like feeling like I'm making people happy, haha.

I also am a Captain Save-a-Ho because I'd rather give money to someone who I feel "needs it more" or is struggling more. There's no logic behind it really but I feel that way so generally I'm less likely to tip girls who make more (but - I don't hang out in their rooms often either - if I do, I tip!).

I feel like maybe models are more sympathetic to struggling models because we can relate to it, rather than tipping based more on attraction/entertainment.

But I forgot to add that I think there's a lack of self-awareness for a lot of people in stuff like this, same as when people say "camscore doesn't matter to me". Maybe it's more subconscious but I think most people's tipping is influenced by more than just the obvious stuff. That's just a hunch though (not meant to be a passive-aggressive comment haha; likewise it's entirely possible/likely part of the reason I tip struggling girls is jealousy or resentment to models doing well).

But I forgot to add that I think there's a lack of self-awareness for a lot of people in stuff like this, same as when people say "camscore doesn't matter to me". Maybe it's more subconscious but I think most people's tipping is influenced by more than just the obvious stuff. That's just a hunch though (not meant to be a passive-aggressive comment haha; likewise it's entirely possible/likely part of the reason I tip struggling girls is jealousy or resentment to models doing well).

I relate to this. I have tipped high cam score/ranked models. But, I do find I've stuck around or felt more connected to lower scores or not highly ranked models. So yeah there probably is a thought that your contribution goes farther for a person with a 1K countdown versus a 10k.

I make a pretty good living, I don't have kids and minimal debt. But, I have a set range that I want to stay in and I know I'm never going to be a "whale" or whatever type of tipper.

I just treat this as I benefit from what the model brings and I hope that my contribution shows that.

And secretly amazed at your kitchens despite my being a mediocre cook

Went with Good. I like luxury and beautiful backgrounds and Normal. It doesn't matter to me either way. Couldn't decide which is more accurate. The wording is strange to me because I don't think I've ever been in a wealthy camgirls room. When I think wealthy, at the very least, I assume the person has 20+ million in the bank, owns a nice big house, owns a few nice cars and maybe a yacht or something. If the question is do you tip the girls that make the most differently than those that make less, not intentionally but I'm sure it happens. If the room has others tipping, I'm more likely to spend more frequently. If I'm the only one tipping in the room, probably won't be spending as much.

I was referring to what the model shows on cam, social media, etc. Apparent wealth doesn't necessarily correlate to income, of course (she could look poor and have a lot of money, or be in debt up to her neck to pay for those luxuries) but I was talking about how the models are perceived.

So, for example, Brina displayed her wealth a lot circa 2014. She posted pics and videos of the Cadillac she bought, and you could see her awesome penthouse on the background when she cammed. Alexis is also like this. And Pumpkin Spice. I love to watch their apartments as much as I like to watch them on cam haha. But I was wondering if this was a deterrent for tippers. I can see how seeing a model who is so wealthy could be alienating for the audience. A guy might have reservations about tipping a girl if he feels she has more wealth than he does.

Then, on the other hand, you have models who seem like they live in ordinary apartments, they cam from their bedroom or their living room and are open about having roommates, sharing their room with others, their bills and money managing woes. I feel like these girls have a more down to earth vibe to them, like you could relate to them more simply because they live in a situation similar to yours. So they seem more accessible, they keep that "girl next door" allure.

I was just wondering about this because I recently moved into a very big place and I have 2 different rooms where I could cam. One that is flashy and another one that is quite stark. I was wondering which one I should cam from.

OK there is a lot of speculation but I would go for the flashy room.

First of all you need to be entertaining for members, if you are totally boring the look of your room will not help you .....

My reasoning would be that people like what they are familiar with, so if you are a member with a good income you will likely have a nice house and are more comfortable with a model in an even nicer room, compared to model living in a hole.....
Another consideration would be that if you have higher income tippers your average tips should be higher, just alone because of a competition between members to outtip each other and who can afford to do so.

If you go for a modest room there is a chance that you catch a whale who likes to spoil you and makes him feel like he is going a good deed, but as a model I would go for the high income members.

As mentioned all speculation and maybe I am completely wrong....

:)

I would say I don't tip any of the higher earning models but it's nothing to do with them being wealthy or not. I just don't particularly like the most popular rooms and that is nothing to do with the model. I find them too busy so I normally end up in the rooms a bit further down where the models don't earn as much naturally. If there was a model a bit further down who had loads of money and was camming from a palace that wouldn't affect whether or not I was going to tip her.

Where Kitsune mentioned about flaunting their wealth and I do dislike certain people who do that but it depends how its done. It's hard to explain exactly what it is but I feel like it's great to have nice and expensive things because they're nice and they make you happy that's all good and people should absolutely be able to enjoy what they've earned and should not be made to feel bad about being proud of the nice things they have. Some people though seem to like to have these things not becuase they really want them or have any use for them but just to show off how much they have or as some kind of status symbol and thats when I don't like it. I don't fully know what it is that makes someone cross the line from just being wealthy and being the show offy wealthy person but I think it has something to do with the type of person who measures their own selfworth or the worth of others based purely on their wealth and that is something I don't like. This is more of a general people thing though rather than specifically to cam models

Last edited:
to be straight forward...

A model's large earnings deters me from tipping her. I've always been a person who prefers supporting the small business. To be even more straight forward, i completely turn the other way as soon a model starts talking about monthly ranks as her goal

This is very true. I know of a model in the reverse situation - living in what looks like a really lovely expensive house - she's upside down on her mortgage, in DIRE straights financially and trying to sell but can't because she's got black mold all through her basement. She's completely fucked and strugglign to make ends meet. But people constantly tell her she must be lying because they can see she lives in a big, beautiful home.

I feel like you should base this decision about which room to cam from on your own fanbase and image/brand. Findommes for an extreme example, are obviously going to want to look richer than they are.

I'm old enough to know the difference between a nice house and wealthy, so no I don't consider it though I do tend to appreciate a model a bit more who put effort into her setting and environment.

The only top page model ive tipped is nintend_xo, just because shes a ton of fun and is thankful for every tip.. Even though she makes more in one month than i make in a year working two jobs. But its worth it to leave a tipnote telling someone they have a beautiful smile. But she does not let on in her room thats shes wealthy. No decorations really.. And she cams from the floor as i have done many times. She doesnt rub her wealth in peoples face... You can almost live vicariously through her because her joy carries through the computer screen. But generally i will tip the girls further back because they rank with me and i know how even 25 tokens can make your heart jump a little. Lol

This a very interesting topic to me, because I generally didn't realize it was a thing. Me personally I tip any model who I like and believe to be fun and bubbly and interacts well with her room, for example GinnyPotter. Like many of you agreed that models with lower camscores could be perceive as more in need or more grateful for any amount, and being a cam model myself I know how good it feels to see a tip of 200 or even 25 tokens . I do believe looks can be deceiving and you never really know a person finances regardless of their ranking or cam space background.

I've yet to meet the rich women who's doing MFC just for fun.

Seeing a cam girl with an expensive car doesn't mean much to me. But it does make me wonder if they're spending their money wisely. But that's really none of my business. Besides it may not be their car. Or cam may be their 2nd job. There are lots of jobs like real-estate that require you to have a NICE car to make sells.

I've seen amazing cam spaces that turn out to be an RV. so I don't really take one room to mean much. I do appreciate the clean spaces. Wether it's a women next door kind of look, Or a dedicated space. Honestly I think some models make mistakes with their dedicated space. Because some time they take away some of their best props. For instance a bed, or personal items that speak to their character.

There are lots of models that have tip goals that exceed individuals ability to move the goal. Some times that prices them out of some their potential customers. If they have no problem moving the goals, it's not really an issue. and honestly if the goals are moving the other tippers will usually chime in sense they feel like they can help move to an achievable goal.

But I have left plenty of rooms where the goals are big, and the goals are not moving.

If I'm in a model's room, I tip.

I tend to have more fun with models who are in the 1000-4000 cam score range, so I spend most of my time with them (and thus spend most of my tokens on them). It's not that I try to avoid the models who are bringing a ton of tokens; they just have less time to devote to me so they don't hold my interest as long.

Reactions: MDouble00
It's not that I try to avoid the models who are bringing a ton of tokens; they just have less time to devote to me so they don't hold my interest as long.
I think maybe that's the allure for me, personally, of tipping and spending time in the busier/more popular/higher earning rooms. Sometimes tipping in smaller rooms draws too much attention to me and it makes me awkwardly uncomfortable on some occasions.

I also love tipping toward rank goals, because I myself often push for ranks and I know how much it means to have someone going to bat to help with the goal.

I'm another one of those that doesn't really care one way or the other. I just tip models I like. However, I follow four different front pagers from Chaturbate and the rest are from varying degrees of "further back." And I tip them all about equal.

'Bad. I feel like I would have to tip a lot to even get noticed.' ...if you had the reverse of this one, I would have voted for it. I generally tend to tip wealthier models, because they notice even small tips. I will admit to being priced out of some shows though, I am guessing that this is what you meant.

Tipping wealthier models is usually way too easy, they can just have fun with their member's support. I do wish other models who struggle more, but are worthy of attention, were as easy to enjoy.
In my experiences, for the most part, wealthy models deserve their support. As a rule rather than the exception, they tend to be lovely, if in doubt over a choice of model, just pick the successful one.

edit: Success does have some restrictions, but that is to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.