AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Drugs, Alcohol and Cam Girls

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AerynShade said:
Silly me, with parents who've been married 30+ years and not having any substance abuse problems. Fuck, I guess I actually have to use my university degree instead of making weird fetish smut. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME!?
How weird you and I both have degrees even with these weird parents who were married and non-substance abusers, and we're in the smut industry?! What happened?? :lol:

Yep, plenty of anecdotal evidence to go around. I will just add that if you find yourself building a high tolerance for any substance, meaning that you keep needing larger amounts to get the same effect, you are on your way to becoming an addict. And if you start feeling that you need that substance to get by, you definitely have a problem.

Can I seriously just ask how you came about the fact of so many coming from parents who were unwed or divorced. I honestly don't think I've ever heard a camgirl bring up that topic before, and I can't imagine other than you just asking them (which would be awkward for them no matter the answer). The drinking thing, I can see where you'd more easily get the evidence, but parents? Do you survey ever camgirl for why they wound up the way they did? XD

What I'm trying to pin point (aside from how being from a not divorced/divorced/never married home has anything to do with it) is what exactly is the line here from "she drinks on cam" to "she needs to seek help". It's weird, I obviously drink on cam (and sometimes when I film for my stores, but that's usually on drunk fetish night), but I very VERY rarely get crazy with it and become incoherent/belligerent. I'm a pretty happy go lucky drinker who would drink on the weekends anyway (when I film/cam most of the time) whether I was in this line of work or not. And how are you supposed to be able to tell unless you know this girl in real life whether or not she has an issue?

It's just such a weird topic with so many "I think's" and "She probably's"

"Anecdotal evidence" really means useless, possibly untrue information that fits my belief. It's crap. It's not worth the time it took you to type. Further, of course most sex workers have parents who are no longer together. Most people in ALL of America have parents who are no longer together. 50% of marriages end in divorce. Add in all the babies created outside of marriage and there's your majority.

+douche points for using the term "broken home".

AerynShade said:
Silly me, with parents who've been married 30+ years and not having any substance abuse problems. Fuck, I guess I actually have to use my university degree instead of making weird fetish smut. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME!?

Same here! Why don't camsites ask you about this on your application so girls like us don't start camming!

Ann_Sulu said:
Can I seriously just ask how you came about the fact of so many coming from parents who were unwed or divorced. I honestly don't think I've ever heard a camgirl bring up that topic before, and I can't imagine other than you just asking them (which would be awkward for them no matter the answer). The drinking thing, I can see where you'd more easily get the evidence, but parents? Do you survey ever camgirl for why they wound up the way they did? XD

I don't know, but it could be that we customers interact with many more cam girls than other cam girls do. Most of the ones I've spent any time talking to, and many more that I've just watched for a minute or two, will end up bringing up that subject in the course of conversation. Usually just casually.

Joeternal said:
Ann_Sulu said:

I don't know, but it could be that we customers interact with many more cam girls than other cam girls do. Most of the ones I've spent any time talking to, and many more that I've just watched for a minute or two, will end up bringing up that subject in the course of conversation. Usually just casually.

Must be awkward for them when they meet you then. No one has ever asked me anything about that, and this thread is the first time I've brought it up on my end. :handgestures-salute:

Ann_Sulu said:
Joeternal said:
Ann_Sulu said:

Must be awkward for them when they meet you then. No one has ever asked me anything about that, and this thread is the first time I've brought it up on my end. :handgestures-salute:

I don't watch as many cam girls as I used to, but if I am just randomly skipping rooms I haven't heard anyone randomly and with a casual tone bring up something like this. "Oh yeah guys, here's the videos for sale today and my parents are divorced. Who wants a flash?!"

JickyJuly said:
"Anecdotal evidence" really means useless, possibly untrue information that fits my belief. It's crap. It's not worth the time it took you to type. Further, of course most sex workers have parents who are no longer together. Most people in ALL of America have parents who are no longer together. 50% of marriages end in divorce. Add in all the babies created outside of marriage and there's your majority.

I don't have any belief I'm trying to confirm here. This is just stuff that has become apparent over time.

I don't think anyone in this thread used that term. You are being very defensive. I wasn't the first to raise the subject of "denial", but it certainly is an issue in some of these situations.

Ann_Sulu said:
Joeternal said:
Ann_Sulu said:

I can't think of any case where I asked about it. It was always brought up by the model. There is also a definite pattern on this site of models becoming defensive about anything that could be true, but uncomfortable.

Ann_Sulu said:

So I'm one whose parents were divorced. :hello2: And I have talked about it on cam. But I don't say things like, "Woe is me. For alas, my parents are divorced." It's more like, "So my stepmom used to have an Ebay problem, and we'd often come home and find random things missing. We'd ask her where the table went. Ebay We'd ask where the front door went. Ebay Where's my little brother? Ebay" or just in random situations like, "Oh god! Did you guys see ConnerJay's new Twitter pic? Her eyeliner's amazing! I wish I had had a mom around to teach me to girl!!"

I dunno. I think some camgirls (like myself) talk so often on cam about everything, that their interests, memories, and childhood experiences do sometimes come up. But it would be weird to think about them just saying it bluntly.

Joeternal said:
I can't think of any case where I asked about it. It was always brought up by the model. There is also a definite pattern on this site of models becoming defensive about anything that could be true, but uncomfortable.

I know, it's super shocking people wouldn't want stereotypes thrown around about their job on a site dedicated to people who do jobs like theirs. WEIRD!

TittySprinkles said:
Joeternal said:

I know, it's super shocking people wouldn't want stereotypes thrown around about their job on a site dedicated to people who do jobs like theirs. WEIRD!

Whether or not something is a "stereotype" is irrelevant. If it's true, it's true. And in this particular case, if someone does have a problem, you're not helping them by suggesting they should deny it so cam girls aren't "stereotyped".

I_Am_Iris said:
Ann_Sulu said:

So I'm one whose parents were divorced. :hello2: And I have talked about it on cam. But I don't say things like, "Woe is me. For alas, my parents are divorced." It's more like, "So my stepmom used to have an Ebay problem, and we'd often come home and find random things missing. We'd ask her where the table went. Ebay We'd ask where the front door went. Ebay Where's my little brother? Ebay" or just in random situations like, "Oh god! Did you guys see ConnerJay's new Twitter pic? Her eyeliner's amazing! I wish I had had a mom around to teach me to girl!!"

I dunno. I think some camgirls (like myself) talk so often on cam about everything, that their interests, memories, and childhood experiences do sometimes come up. But it would be weird to think about them just saying it bluntly.

That's what I mean. They just bring it up, mention it in passing, etc.

Joeternal said:
JickyJuly said:

I don't have any belief I'm trying to confirm here. This is just stuff that has become apparent over time.

I don't think anyone in this thread used that term. You are being very defensive. I wasn't the first to raise the subject of "denial", but it certainly is an issue in some of these situations.
Ahh. You're right. You didn't. I think there is something about this posting that tends to rub me the wrong way, and I got to seeing red before it was necessary. My bad. Douche points revoked. I'm not defensive though. I'm kind of quick to be aggressive, but I handle criticism just fine. I'm not defending anything or anyone. Just pointing out that your logic regarding nuclear homes is askew. That part stands whether I take the douchepoints back or not.

Joeternal said:
TittySprinkles said:
Joeternal said:

Whether or not something is a "stereotype" is irrelevant. If it's true, it's true. And in this particular case, if someone does have a problem, you're not helping them by suggesting they should deny it so cam girls aren't "stereotyped".

Who in the heck said that should happen? :? I think anyone here who saw another model going into a downward spiral of drug use or drinking would want them to get help. I just think it's a little shitty to promote the idea that ALL/a vast majority cam girls/sex workers obviously have to have something wrong with them (drinking, drugs, divorced parents, family issues at home, etc) which is what a lot of your posts here feel like. I could be reading it all wrong of course.

Another thought: I think a lot of people would probably have a cocktail or glass of wine at work if they were permitted. I know an old regular of mine worked at a high up software company and every Friday they had a little "yay it's the weekend party", got to hang out drinking with snacks and stuff in the office long before office hours were over & the company paid for their cabs home.

You're probably just noticining said substance abuse because of the nature of the profession (ie the publicity level). I know way more people who are drug abusers/alcoholics that aren't cam models than people who are cam models.
There also seems to be a high percentage of adulterers and addicts in politics/celebrities but thats also because of the public nature of the job. Denying that anybody other than politicans/celebrities are adulterers are substance abusers because you don't hear of it/see it is just a cry of iggnorance.
:twocents-02cents:

Stealing a line from the amazing JJ, or was it awesome Amy? "I'm too busy spending all my smut money on hookers and blow." :handgestures-salute:

I can't say I appreciate the implication that divorce always somehow fucks kids up mentally and that's why we get into jobs like this. I was totally happy when my parents split up. They never argued in front of me, but I could tell things weren't right between them. But on the other side, my grandparents have been happily married for 50+ years, and my papaw treats my mamaw like a queen. He's probably the most respectable man ever. I hope to marry a man like him one day. I'm tight with my family. Just because we're sexually open doesn't mean we're damaged or mentally unwell

JessieWolfe said:
So who wants a drink after reading all that??
I'll make some margaritas and nachos!

Tequila and I broke up last time I went to Vegas. And we are never ever ever getting back together

IndicaDesires said:
Just because we're sexually open doesn't mean we're damaged or mentally unwell

This is a huge connection when it comes to the stereotyping nonsense that is in this thread/the world in general when it comes to sex work. Along side the "Oh, their home life/childhood must have be just FILLED with strife and bad things if they can do something so terrible as make money by showing strangers their bodies. Normal people don't do that!!" it's a bad combo and I think it partly keeps going on for two reason. 1. Some women DO get into desperate situations and try/do sex work when they probably mentally shouldn't. It is not an easy job and you have to be strong to last within it. In the US this is a fairly small percentage when you take in the overall number of sex workers. 2. It's SO much easier for people to believe than someone in this job actually enjoys it. It fits better in some people's mind and world view. Women in the situation described in 1 is also what a vast majority of the media shows you. Why? Negativity brings more attention than positivity especially with something that is still taboo like sex work.

TittySprinkles said:
Joeternal said:
TittySprinkles said:
Joeternal said:

Who in the heck said that should happen? :? I think anyone here who saw another model going into a downward spiral of drug use or drinking would want them to get help. I just think it's a little shitty to promote the idea that ALL/a vast majority cam girls/sex workers obviously have to have something wrong with them (drinking, drugs, divorced parents, family issues at home, etc) which is what a lot of your posts here feel like. I could be reading it all wrong of course.

Those are all things I didn't say. These are obviously issues that exist throughout society. Are they more prevalent among cam girls? Sorry, but I think the answer is yes.

Joeternal said:
TittySprinkles said:
Joeternal said:
TittySprinkles said:
Joeternal said:

Those are all things I didn't say. These are obviously issues that exist throughout society. Are they more prevalent among cam girls? Sorry, but I think the answer is yes.

If this is how you view cam girls (broken, in need of help) why in the heck are you here? This is a pro-cam girl forum for the ladies who work in the sex industry & the people who enjoy their company. It's super confusing that if you think all/most cam girls are this stereotype you have in your head you would stick around a place like this/any cam site. :think: Starting to think Alexandra had a point.

Edit: That isn't to say people looking for a debate shouldn't hang around. Like Punk, jesus that dude loves to argue, but he doesn't go into shit unwilling 100% to change his POV and he's mostly just a troll anyway. I'm sorry, Joe. It really seems like you started this thread not to discuss it, but to bash your point home no matter what.

Joeternal said:
TittySprinkles said:
Joeternal said:
TittySprinkles said:
Joeternal said:

If that's what you believe, then spending money within this industry makes you at best an enabler.

Status
Not open for further replies.