AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

DSLR or new phone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenzieCams

Cam Model
Jan 29, 2020
Florida
allmylinks.com
I want to upgrade my technology and am considering my options. Initially, I wanted a dslr so I could have professional looking content and also stream with it. But I am not sure if I need all that or if a new phone upgrade would be a better investment. I've seen some pretty great content and pics taken on phones and it's more convenient. Eventually, I will upgrade both, but how do I make this decision on which to upgrade first?

You probably already know this but some DSLRs can overheat when using them as a camera for longer than a certain amount of time. After all the video function is an add on. They have an automatic shut down after a predetermined time which makes them not suitable for camming. Definitely check the video specs before purchase.

I want to upgrade my technology and am considering my options. Initially, I wanted a dslr so I could have professional looking content and also stream with it. But I am not sure if I need all that or if a new phone upgrade would be a better investment. I've seen some pretty great content and pics taken on phones and it's more convenient. Eventually, I will upgrade both, but how do I make this decision on which to upgrade first?
It really depends. Ive got the newest iPhone and a DSLR thats older. The iPhone does 95% as good as a job for everything close by, but DSLR gives you much more control in terms of lighting and flashes to really take great pics. For other stuff, landscapes, long distance, its not even close. There is a reason why all professional photographers use a DSLR. Also, most now have apps to download pictures immediately to your phone.

My DSLR camera is such a pain in the ass to use for content I would NEVER recommend it. Even with a field view monitor, total nightmare. I got a iPhone 13 Pro Max this year. The quality is good. I feel like I got the best content and easiest set up when I filmed on a Macbook Pro with a HD webcam. The screen is right there in front of you. You know where to look because the camera lense is obvious. I just used an external mic for better results.

You probably already know this but some DSLRs can overheat when using them as a camera for longer than a certain amount of time. After all the video function is an add on. They have an automatic shut down after a predetermined time which makes them not suitable for camming. Definitely check the video specs before purchase.
I asked around about this before because I was worried about it. What specs should I looking for? Im looking at sony a6400

It really depends. Ive got the newest iPhone and a DSLR thats older. The iPhone does 95% as good as a job for everything close by, but DSLR gives you much more control in terms of lighting and flashes to really take great pics. For other stuff, landscapes, long distance, its not even close. There is a reason why all professional photographers use a DSLR. Also, most now have apps to download pictures immediately to your phone.
I'm leaning towards DSLR even for IG pics because i want a higher quality look. Thanks for this advice.

Reactions: northerner32
My DSLR camera is such a pain in the ass to use for content I would NEVER recommend it. Even with a field view monitor, total nightmare. I got a iPhone 13 Pro Max this year. The quality is good. I feel like I got the best content and easiest set up when I filmed on a Macbook Pro with a HD webcam. The screen is right there in front of you. You know where to look because the camera lense is obvious. I just used an external mic for better results.
I was looking at new laptops too. Mac books are so $$$ but if its worth it...

You won't have any overheating problems with that camera
I think I mentioned this before, but there's a setting on that camera you have to adjust to stop it from auto-shutoff when it starts to get warm.

Cool, thank you. Will I kill the camera using it to stream though? I am nervous.
I use mine for a couple hours at a time with no problem. Before I adjusted that setting, though, after about 30 minutes it would shut off lol.

With the same budget in mind, whichever investment will have the bigger impact for you (depending on a pro's and con's list you can make) should be prioritized imo! 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.