AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ettiquitte if visiting another models room.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2023
Hi I'm new and am a new model . Before I started streaming around a month ago, did my 5th stream last night.,I visited rooms as a viewer and tipper. I tip the rooms I go into if I stay however don't say anything, I'm not sure if you go in and shut up or let them know first. Before I was a model, I never really talked either. I'm also not tech savvy so don't flick from chat to pm easily. Last night is only time I spoke in pm to model as she pmed me twice then said pls talk to me before i saw it, so I did when I finally did see it. Iam never broadcasting at same time when visiting, my ph couldn't handle that as I do it from mobile when streaming solo. . What is best , sit there when visiting but shut up and just tip or try and chat. I do try and answer if I see model putting something in chat to me . No way to reply in some cases as they say broadcasters can't chat in room. Just asking as I dont want to cause offense. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Hi I'm new and am a new model . Before I started streaming around a month ago, did my 5th stream last night.,I visited rooms as a viewer and tipper. I tip the rooms I go into if I stay however don't say anything, I'm not sure if you go in and shut up or let them know first. Before I was a model, I never really talked either. I'm also not tech savvy so don't flick from chat to pm easily. Last night is only time I spoke in pm to model as she pmed me twice then said pls talk to me before i saw it, so I did when I finally did see it. Iam never broadcasting at same time when visiting, my ph couldn't handle that as I do it from mobile. What is best , sit there when visiting but shut up and just tip or try and chat. I do try and answer if I see model putting something in chat to me . No way to reply in some cases as they say broadcasters can't chat in room. Just asking as I dont want to cause offense. Thank you in advance for your advice.
Etiquette depends on the site… what site are you using?

even though your phone cannot handle streaming and visiting other rooms, don't if you ever update your tech. it's considered rude.

question: are you streaming for fun? or are you treating it like work? if you want to experience chaturbate like a member again, i recommend creating a plain member account and not setting it for broadcast. models have broadcasts blocked from chat to prevent any potential member-poaching or attention-seeking. if you don't wanna cause offense, dont talk about your camming publicly.

models have broadcasts blocked from chat to prevent any potential member-poaching or attention-seeking. if you don't wanna cause offense, dont talk about your camming publicly.
I think most models that use this feature uses the lesser of the 2 options: 'Don't allow age-verified account to chat, if they are broadcasting'

At least I have yet to encounter a room that I was not allowed to chat with my age-verified, not for broadcast, account.

But yes to not sharing cam experiences in public.

I think most models that use this feature uses the lesser of the 2 options: 'Don't allow age-verified account to chat, if they are broadcasting'

At least I have yet to encounter a room that I was not allowed to chat with my age-verified, not for broadcast, account.

But yes to not sharing cam experiences in public.
Age verified and verified broadcaster are two totally different things.

When I am streaming I constantly have models doing the following, so, don't do these things.
  • advertise their room
  • constantly leave and come back (to get my and my user's attention?)
  • PM users in my room
  • drop a gif in the chat and don't say anything else
  • greet me with something like, "hey bb," "hey sexy," "I wanna come for you" and don't respond or participate in chat
ETA: for a bunch, it's probably the studio room monitors or whatever, but still...

ETA: for a bunch, it's probably the studio room monitors or whatever, but still...
i assume it usually is because doing all of that takes effort and the model's attention away from their room. you rarely see independent models pulling this bullshit.

Reactions: Funoncam
When I am streaming I constantly have models doing the following, so, don't do these things.
  • advertise their room
  • constantly leave and come back (to get my and my user's attention?)
  • PM users in my room
  • drop a gif in the chat and don't say anything else
  • greet me with something like, "hey bb," "hey sexy," "I wanna come for you" and don't respond or participate in chat
I have my looking profile which isn't broadcasters acct now . Geezers I would have thought no boadcadter would do what you put as don't dos. The only one is leaving and coming back in. It's happened when I've lost connection. I'm purple name now on My lookers acct and I tip well now. Won some money and bought lots of tokens . I used to be just a looker till a month ago. I love going to last page and choosing models from there and supporting those who have 0 or just grey users in the rm. I don't reply to pms even from models as I've noticed that when I've done that I've lost the room and have to re enter so only reply if model says hi . Thank you for time in replying.

even though your phone cannot handle streaming and visiting other rooms, don't if you ever update your tech. it's considered rude.

question: are you streaming for fun? or are you treating it like work? if you want to experience chaturbate like a member again, i recommend creating a plain member account and not setting it for broadcast. models have broadcasts blocked from chat to prevent any potential member-poaching or attention-seeking. if you don't wanna cause offense, dont talk about your camming publicly.
Streaming more for fun now, I won some money and bought a good token package. Ill just cash out ones I get when I stream. My original idea was broadcast and always leave some in there to tip. Works out better deal that way as 1 token is 1 token whereas cashing out and buying means that I automatically get half a token for each one cashed in . And yes I experienced that poaching stuff you mentioned last night as I'm a purple username in my new looking account . Had a few pm me saying hi I'm streaming and I think you'll like what I do. I attempted where I could to let broadcaster know where I was able to by pm. I thought only the broadcaster could pm other members and members in chat couldn't pm each other? So was really surprised last night to get odd pms from other members. I ignored the ones I saw as I gave up looking at pms as it exited me out of room. I'm on mobile so not sure if that can cause issues. I thought it was really rude for them to pm me. They weren't the broadcaster and were asking me to leave room I was in. Why do people even do that as they'd hate it if someone did that to them.

Streaming more for fun now, I won some money and bought a good token package. Ill just cash out ones I get when I stream. My original idea was broadcast and always leave some in there to tip. Works out better deal that way as 1 token is 1 token whereas cashing out and buying means that I automatically get half a token for each one cashed in . And yes I experienced that poaching stuff you mentioned last night as I'm a purple username in my new looking account . Had a few pm me saying hi I'm streaming and I think you'll like what I do. I attempted where I could to let broadcaster know where I was able to by pm. I thought only the broadcaster could pm other members and members in chat couldn't pm each other? So was really surprised last night to get odd pms from other members. I ignored the ones I saw as I gave up looking at pms as it exited me out of room. I'm on mobile so not sure if that can cause issues. I thought it was really rude for them to pm me. They weren't the broadcaster and were asking me to leave room I was in. Why do people even do that as they'd hate it if someone did that to them.
Supporter accounts, fan club members and moderators can PM anyone in a room they are in at the time.

I did that, but I didn't fill out the payment form because it is only for testing purposes.
You're a verified broadcaster. The payment form is for cashing out and eventual tax purposes.

And yes most rooms allow broadcasters to chat if they aren't broadcasting now. If a broadcaster has all broadcasters shut off, like I do, then tip notes can be used to communicate.

Last edited:
You're a verified broadcaster. The payment form is for cashing out and eventual tax purposes.

And yes most rooms allow broadcasters to chat if they aren't broadcasting now. If a broadcaster has all broadcasters shut off, like I do, then tip notes can be used to communicate.
I think it was the wording in the settings that confused me.

16-19-36.jpg

So age-verified account is an account with a credit card or similar attached, and a verified broadcaster is when you submitted face-id, If I understand you.

Correct!!! 😉😊

CB uses confusing wording on this, though.

On my profile (which I tip from and has credit cards attached, and a long history of purchases), if I go to the edit screen and try to add social media, it says “You must be age verified to add new social media.” When I click on the provided link, it takes me to the Independent Broadcaster Verification form (which has a message on it that my account is not age verified and I should upload ID to get started). I am not a broadcaster, but if credit card and ID is all I need to be “age verified,” that shouldn’t matter, right?

Funny thing is that on top of having my credit cards on file, they actually did confirm my ID a while back to validate my spending limit. So they do (or did?) have my drivers license on file already. Yet they say I’m not “age verified.”

CB uses confusing wording on this, though.

On my profile (which I tip from and has credit cards attached, and a long history of purchases), if I go to the edit screen and try to add social media, it says “You must be age verified to add new social media.” When I click on the provided link, it takes me to the Independent Broadcaster Verification form (which has a message on it that my account is not age verified and I should upload ID to get started). I am not a broadcaster, but if credit card and ID is all I need to be “age verified,” that shouldn’t matter, right?

Funny thing is that on top of having my credit cards on file, they actually did confirm my ID a while back to validate my spending limit. So they do (or did?) have my drivers license on file already. Yet they say I’m not “age verified.”
It would be better if it said only verified broadcasters can upload social media profiles. I get that it can be confusing but it's best to assume age verified means verified broadcaster.

You gave your ID to the billing department to verify your credit card for a bigger limit, you didn't do the bio scan/model release form/ID upload to the Legal/Records department of CB.

Grey accounts, for instance, aren't age verified nor verified broadcasters. People who purchased tokens are age verified (technically) but not verified broadcasters. People who can accept tips are verified broadcasters.

Man, I need a drink after typing all that out. 🙃

It would be better if it said only verified broadcasters can upload social media profiles. I get that it can be confusing but it's best to assume age verified means verified broadcaster.

You gave your ID to the billing department to verify your credit card for a bigger limit, you didn't do the bio scan/model release form/ID upload to the Legal/Records department of CB.

Grey accounts, for instance, aren't age verified nor verified broadcasters. People who purchased tokens are age verified (technically) but not verified broadcasters. People who can accept tips are verified broadcasters.

Man, I need a drink after typing all that out. 🙃

You definitely explained it more clearly than CB does. :) Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: bamdicted
You definitely explained it more clearly than CB does. :) Thanks for the clarification.
You're welcome. 🙂 I think it's one of those things where it's being explained by someone who is not an end user. Kind of like calling Microsoft support, getting a guy in East New Dehli and him asking if you tried turning it off and back on again.

• Funny!
Reactions: Smoothie
Status
Not open for further replies.