AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ever Queued For a Long time to buy the "new" product?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
When a new shop, restaurant or product of some kind opens up or comes out, people queue up for hours, or even days to be the first to get it or try it.
Just curious, did you ever do anything like this and what was it for? Or if you haven't, is there anything you WOULD do it for?
(Exclude things like Theme Parks where you need to queue for things)

I just saw a photo of a huge queue for a new place opening up that sells chicken wings, and it had a huge line of people wanting to try it.
I could never wait for hours just for this kind of thing.

I never have in the past either, and honestly not sure there is anything that would ever make me want to.

And how about all of you?

I would never do this, especially for a new restaurant. I worked in restaurants, front and back, for years. A new restaurant is going to make all their mistakes when they first open. If I really want to try it, I'll wait until things die down and they are running smoothly. New products, no. Tool is my favorite band. Has been for 23 yrs now. I always get a tour shirt when I go to concerts and when I went to the last Tool show, the merch line was wrapped around the damn building. I was pretty sad I didn't get my tour shirt but I'll be damned if I'm going to miss part of them actually playing to get a shirt lol

At the end of the day its all just stuff and things and I cant think of anything I WOULD wait for

When a new shop, restaurant or product of some kind opens up or comes out, people queue up for hours, or even days to be the first to get it or try it.
Just curious, did you ever do anything like this and what was it for? Or if you haven't, is there anything you WOULD do it for?

I just saw a photo of a huge queue for a new place opening up that sells chicken wings, and it had a huge line of people wanting to try it.

I never have in the past either, and honestly not sure there is anything that would ever make me want to.

*There is a tattoo shop that has a day that they offer first-come, first-serve walk-ins with a particular tattoo artist who'd appeared on the show Ink Master, and I'm considering trying to do a walk-in one day after I get off work. But I'm not sure I want to risk taking an Uber there, and arriving when there's only a few hours left in their availability schedule...and have the artist run out of time before they can even get to me. I may just book an appointment with them, so I'm not Ubering over there for possibly nothing.

*Years ago I stood outside in line somewhere in New York to audition for that Puff Daddy a.k.a. Sean Combs a.k.a. Diddy reality show 'Making The Band'. I remember that it was hot out, and no, I don't remember how long I stood outside in line. It was sometime in 2002 when I was 20 years old and lived on Long Island, New York. And now after seeing what it's like being a contestant on reality T.V. shows like that...plus the current Diddy scandal, to say that I'm relieved I didn't make it through would be an understatement..... 😲

When the Nintendo Wii came out, I camped out (chilled on a blanket on a sidewalk) for many hours in line to get one before they sold out. Well I attempted to, I got too cold and took a nap in the back of the Jeep while Jawbs and our best friend stayed in line :D

Concert tickets is the one I did most often before ticket master was really popular and the box office always had a % of tickets that were revered for in person sale, those were normally over night queueing like 5 or 6 pm waiting for the box office to open at 10am the next day....100% worth it every time, queueing like that for an event where everyone there has a common interest is an experience in itself.

When the Nintendo Wii came out, I camped out (chilled on a blanket on a sidewalk) for many hours in line to get one before they sold out. Well I attempted to, I got too cold and took a nap in the back of the Jeep while Jawbs and our best friend stayed in line :D
I did that too...person in front of me got the last one (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ so bought a 360 on my way home instead 😂

Concert tickets is the one I did most often before ticket master was really popular and the box office always had a % of tickets that were revered for in person sale, those were normally over night queueing like 5 or 6 pm waiting for the box office to open at 10am the next day....100% worth it every time, queueing like that for an event where everyone there has a common interest is an experience in itself.
I did that as well in the days before ticketmaster online. Most memorable was camping out at a mall for tickets to see Pink Floyd in concert. The whole experience was a like a big party/festival.

Reactions: MarieElise
right before everything got shut down in march 2020. i waited in line to purchase animal crossing new horizon at best buy on release day. I got there before they opened and a line was forming alongside the building. they were only letting 10 people in the store at the time. i think i waited for maybe over an hour. next day, my city shut down.

I’ve been wracking my memory brain to see if I can remember if I ever have - I don’t think so!

Usually, in London, there are massive queues when a food place opens because they’re giving away menu items free as a promotion.

I’m British, so we we love a good queue as well 😂

I remember walking home from a local bar once and there were hundreds of people queuing at the local bookstore for the new Harry Potter book circa 2003 - all dressed up as wizards or goblins ☺️

Only nightclubs and I’m not sure that counts. Because they were just the regular weekend lines.

I really really REALLY don’t like waiting in lines, although I’ll often make the best of it and start chatting with the people around me. I can’t think of any product I would do that for bar possibly the Nintendo switch animal crossing stuff Audri mentioned. I was really into animal crossing for a while and I did consider waiting in line for that, but never ended up doing it.

I think waiting in lines got a lot easier once cell phones became a thing. They definitely do help a lot with lines, and waiting rooms.

I did it for world of warcraft to get the collector editions.. I found it very cozy, but here it wasn't a massive thing, so it was maybe only 4 - 5 hours in que at max

Reactions: Maxi and MarieElise
I know you’re based in the States but I thought you were British?! 🤣🤭 tut tut you’ve lost your queue love.
Up yours Maxi lol

I am British - it causes me no end of problems.

• Funny!
Reactions: Maxi
Speaking of Animal Crossing, I've seen screen shots of some sort of mod where the user was able to change the dialogue into really filthy stuff. Like all of his characters have herpes...it's wild.

I've never stood on line for anything of note and I'm not sure I'd have the patience. Even short grocery lines annoy me.

• Funny!
Speaking of Animal Crossing, I've seen screen shots of some sort of mod where the user was able to change the dialogue into really filthy stuff. Like all of his characters have herpes...it's wild.

I've never stood on line for anything of note and I'm not sure I'd have the patience. Even short grocery lines annoy me.
There’s a mod for like a fuck station too hahaha. I almost got banned from my friends island over it. He threatened that if I even tried to put anything like that on there I’d be off. There’s so much funny wild stuff 😆

• Funny!
Reactions: Vixxen81
There’s a mod for like a fuck station too hahaha. I almost got banned from my friends island over it. He threatened that if I even tried to put anything like that on there I’d be off. There’s so much funny wild stuff 😆
🤣 For the longest time I thought it was the actual game and I was all WTF Nintendo?!