AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Extremely low FPS with decent laptop/internet?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2015
Hey all!
To make this story shorter:
After I bought myself a brand new logitech c920 and good lighting set up I got back home and was excited to finally start camming. Unfortunately, when trying out my broadcast on chaturbate, any resolution above 320x240 results in terrible FPS and chopping video. So basically I can't get HD quality(at least 640x480) because the video is lagging sooo bad.
I have to add that my laptop, even tho 2 years old I think is pretty decent -
Samsung 350V5C (Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7670M,1TB HDD)
And my internet(using wi-fi not wire if that matters) -

I don't think my internet is that bad?
I'm kinda confused, because I never had problems with bad fps, even in newer games etc.

So if anyone can help me solve this terrible FPS problem, I'd be forever grateful:)
~Dru

First step is to try again with a wired connection.
The sad part is, I tried it before making this thread, but for some reason my laptop doesn't detect ethernet cable :/
I guess I'm gonna need to take my computer for repair because I think the socket may be broken.
I mean if that's the only way to see if fps is low because of the internet.

The sad part is, I tried it before making this thread, but for some reason my laptop doesn't detect ethernet cable :/
I guess I'm gonna need to take my computer for repair because I think the socket may be broken.

You probably need to install a LAN driver for it.

Just a quick check on the ethernet cable you can do yourself before taking it to a repair place. Can you get to your Control Panel? It will look like one of these two screens, depending on if you have category or icon view selected.
Click on either the 'View network status and tasks' or the 'Network and Sharing Center' from whichever you have.
Screenshot - 9_30_2015 , 9_32_24 AM.png Screenshot - 9_30_2015 , 9_32_39 AM.png

In the next screen click on 'Change adapter settings.'
Screenshot - 9_30_2015 , 9_39_31 AM.png

What you want to look for here is Ethernet connections. You will probably not have as many as this screen shot. If you have NO ethernet connections showing here you don't have drivers installed. If you DO have an ethernet connection showing and it shows 'Network' in it like the one in the upper right of the four showing here, then it's working. You probably have a bad cable or something else going on.

However if you have an Ethernet connection and it shows 'Disabled' under it like the one circled then you have to enable it.
Screenshot - 9_30_2015 , 9_33_20 AM.png

Just right click on it and hit enable in the pop up box as shown.
Screenshot - 9_30_2015 , 9_33_32 AM.png

See if that works for you.

And my internet(using wi-fi not wire if that matters) -

I don't think my internet is that bad?
That is rather good.

Very unlikely a socket is broken. In many years of working with laptops I've never encountered a physical socket being broken.

Getting cable to work:
-Are you connecting the other end of the cable to the router? It wont show as working until the cable is connected at both ends.
-Is the adapter enabled? Check by: Control panel > Networks and communication center > Edit adapter settings, choose your wired adapter in the window, right click and select Enable.
-Could it be the cable is broken? Do you have a spare cable to test? If you buy a new ethernet cable, it is better to buy CAT6 cable then a CAT5e.

Getting wifi to work better:
-Are you powering your laptop during these tests? A laptops wifi output can drop if running only from a battery. You can enable maximum wifi performance if you have to run from battery.

-Which wireless connectivity(radio type) are you on?
  1. 802.11b (this is almost unusable)
  2. 802.11g (okay for general web browsing)
  3. 802.11n (required for video steaming)
  4. 802.11m (even better then n)
lYe51.png

Check wireless connectivity type by hoovering your mouse over your connection information.

IF your wifi is running 802.11g that would explain your slow fps and you will want to upgrade to 802.11n or use an ethernet cable.

Here is some info on upgrading to 802.11n but it is incomplete because 802.11n has to be working on the router end also.

Also what version of windows are you on?

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Drumag
It could be the USB port. Of it's USB 1.1 rather than 2.0 or 3, then it will drop frames. If you do have USB 2.0 then maybe the drivers got corrupted and need to be reinstalled from a recovery disk.

Thank for all the helpful posts guys!
@Puffin My wi fi is 802.11n
And for USB ports, I switched normal to USB 3.0(blue one) and broadcast quality is still laggy.

Ok so for some reason my Ethernet connection was disabled, so I enabled it and now I have wired connection.
But I went on CB and tried how my broadcast looks and it's basically the same. Extremely laggy on everything above lowest quality and even on 320x240 I can see some lags and FPS mostly under 30, which is unacceptable.
So I think it's not the internet(or maybe it is because it's too slow wired OR wifi).
Hopefully tomorrow my friend will let me use his laptop which is pretty new and I'll see how everything works there. If it's not laggin it's my laptop's fault. If it is - it will be my connection's fault.

So after I try it on a new laptop I'll update in this thread if the problem is fixed

Reactions: Puffin
Your internet connection is more than fast enough... have you tried using a different browser? Sometimes my video gives me problems on MFC when I'm using Chrome.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sevrin
Your internet connection is more than fast enough... have you tried using a different browser? Sometimes my video gives me problems on MFC when I'm using Chrome.
Tried on my default Mozilla first, then on Chrome and it's the same, terrible FPS on both of them :/
Any software running in the background that would use a lot of CPU?
I turned off everything except browser and it shows that CPU usage is 0-5% but physical memory ~29% all the time. I think that's too high? Formatting just in case I think
The only thing that helped me was downloading Razer Cortex.
Click on the +, in the 'Game' tab, and add your browser.
Click on the 'Boost' tab, and click 'Boost Now' under the Manual Boost.
Thank you, I'll try that before formatting.

Anyways I'm still wating for friend's laptop, but I'm getting ready for formatting my laptop after that and I'll see if that helps.

Okay so a little update.

I got friend's laptop, tried broadcasting there and I could broadcast up to 1280x720 with almost no lag I even tried 1920x1080 and it wasn't terrible... And I was trying it on wifi, so my internet it's not a problem. It's definitely my laptop's fault - for some reason it's extremely slow. I'm formatting it soon and let's hope it helps, otherwise I might need to look for a newer one:) Everything may take me few days so yeah, wish me luck:p

Reactions: Puffin
Status
Not open for further replies.