AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

F-in token beggars

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad idea. Like Amber said earlier in the thread, this would be reinforcing the bad behavior. Don't do that.
I really can't imagine anybody doing that, unless they are just rich as hell and enjoy the feeling of throwing their money around. Personally, I don't care if I just won the lotto, I would still find it repulsive.

To the OP, a few suggestions:

1. Make your token total visible to performers, but keep no more than 20 tokens in your account. Keep a second under-the-radar account and transfer as needed. ("20" is arbitrary. It works well for me, but you need to figure out your own optimum level where you can discourage token begging without having to transfer every 10 minutes.)

2. The first time you chat with a performer, consider sending her a PM such as:

"If you like, add me to your friend list so you can find me if I'm not in your room. I don't have a lot of tokens, but I'm always happy to help if you need a 3rd person to start a group show."

It's a great way to manage performer expectations, and there really are a lot of times when a performer loses a group because she can't get that third member.

1. Make your token total visible to performers, but keep no more than 20 tokens in your account. Keep a second under-the-radar account and transfer as needed. ("20" is arbitrary. It works well for me, but you need to figure out your own optimum level where you can discourage token begging without having to transfer every 10 minutes.)
You do not need a 2nd account. Just use token storage.

"If you like, add me to your friend list so you can find me if I'm not in your room. I don't have a lot of tokens, but I'm always happy to help if you need a 3rd person to start a group show."
I wouldn't recommend doing that. Many models don't even have PM turned on for non-friends anyway.

I don't think OP needed suggestions, just bitching about ill-mannered cam girls. I get the feeling he may know his way around MFC better than you do, given your lack of knowing about something as simple as token storage.

If you sent a model you didnt know a PM asking to be added for free you'd either be laughed at or ignored. Also if a model is doing a group show for 1-2 members because you as the 3rd guy entered just to get it started and ducked out after only 1 token then she's basically giving a super cheap private, which is probably not a practice she wants to encourage.

Also if a model is doing a group show for 1-2 members because you as the 3rd guy entered just to get it started and ducked out after only 1 token then she's basically giving a super cheap private, which is probably not a practice she wants to encourage.

Not encourage, true. But it is done relatively often. Not by models with a decent amount of tippers to keep them going normally. But some models feel if they're just sitting there on cam without getting tips anyway, then 10 tokens per minute is better than none. And hopefully others will join in during as well.

There's been times with several different models where I was the last in group and I was going to bow out because I thought it not worth their time. They asked me to stay. Talking with them afterward I made sure they were really okay with that.

It's not for every model of course. So you kind of have to feel out the situation in each room and talk to her. But you'd be surprised how many you run across where that is perfectly fine. It's still 'some' income.

"If you like, add me to your friend list so you can find me if I'm not in your room. I don't have a lot of tokens

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't think of a model who would friend someone she doesn't know/hasn't talked to AND who won't make her any money. It's a bad combo and a smart business woman isn't going to fall for it.

It's a great way to manage performer expectations, and there really are a lot of times when a performer loses a group because she can't get that third member.

So I'm supposed to PM you because I want to make 20tks per minute instead of 30 or more?

I don't do group shows anymore, but if I did I can't imagine staying in one that had less than 3 members. Or less..than 6 really.

You do not need a 2nd account. Just use token storage.

I wouldn't recommend doing that. Many models don't even have PM turned on for non-friends anyway.

I don't think OP needed suggestions, just bitching about ill-mannered cam girls. I get the feeling he may know his way around MFC better than you do, given your lack of knowing about something as simple as token storage.

Thanks, but I never said I don't know about token storage. A transfer takes no more effort than a storage retrieval.

Sorry, customers -- had to block after the trolls, skype scammers, video pirates and stalkers among you got out of hand.
You couldn't just go through and delete their comments, and set who could comment on your profile? Or is this one of those things like token storage, you're aware of it but simultaneously oblivious to it?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
You couldn't just go through and delete their comments, and set who could comment on your profile? Or is this one of those things like token storage, you're aware of it but simultaneously oblivious to it?

He could have also turned off the message wall entirely. This is his way of attempting to lure models into opening his profile to look at all the pictures of his penis he has on it.

He could have also turned off the message wall entirely. This is his way of attempting to lure models into opening his profile to look at all the pictures of his penis he has on it.
Well I am a little disappointed to hear this.

I consider myself a connoisseur, one of the worlds foremost penis experts. I would have happily graded his penis on size, color, shape, etc...

But now, thanks to the trolls, skype scammers, video pirates and stalkers, I'll never have that chance. Thanks a lot guys.

I would have rated him one star.

I agree with you in theory. Actually, I did that a lot until a few months ago. In practice, there were a few guys with an endless supply of new accounts, posting the exact same troll comment and graphic image up to ten times a day. My profile page contains a lot of marketing tips and safety tips for performers, but there's really nothing there that would be of interest to members, so blocking customers made sense.

Guys, quit assuming I'm some sort of newbie. I've been on the site since 2011, though my current profile page is more recent.

• Wat?!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Yeah right, Jerry -- the first thing that pops into your mind is dick pics and you think I'm the weird person. LOOOOOL!
Little bit of a non sequitur there. The fact that Jerry may be a dick fiend in no way diminishes your weirdness.
I agree with you in theory. Actually, I did that a lot until a few months ago. In practice, there were a few guys with an endless supply of new accounts, posting the exact same troll comment and graphic image up to ten times a day.
In practice, you could have easily put a stop to this with your profile settings.

I think you are a bullshit artist.

No penis, just a wall of white-knighting.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't think of a model who would friend someone she doesn't know/hasn't talked to AND who won't make her any money. It's a bad combo and a smart business woman isn't going to fall for it.

And yet, there are about 300 models who think otherwise, including some Top 100 performers. Would you care to edit your remark, or shall I just tell them that you think they're all stupid?

And 684 ratings averaging 1.5 stars!

Yes, the stars are indeed low. In hindsight, I wish I had blocked members from day one, because I probably have one star from just about every beggar, scammer, thief, stalker or video pirate I've called out in the last 2-3 years. If my ratings were only from performers, I'd be very surprised if I had fewer than five stars.

Have I done something to offend you, or are you always bitter?

• Wat?!

And yet, there are about 300 models who think otherwise, including some Top 100 performers. Would you care to edit your remark, or shall I just tell them that you think they're all stupid?

Most likely they are already members on the site and seeing for themselves who is acting stupid.

Well-known performers NinjaBee, Sherlynn, Lotus_Kai, MyFreeAsian, SmilingDancer, Ayisa_Kisa, LaLaMiss, B_E_L_L_E, Aloha_Ali, KawaiiMIX, AliveFantasy, Malu_Here, and Ang____ (better known as AngelaLala) have all posted kind comments on my profile page, as I'm sure Saffron or any other performer reading this can confirm. I'm the first to admit I'm not a big tipper, which means they're posting because I've found a different way to help out.

I understand your insecurity, Jerry, given that no one has written anything nice on your profile page at http://profiles.myfreecams.com/jerryboberry since 2012. So feel free to keep trolling. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

• Wat?!
Well-known performers NinjaBee, Sherlynn, Lotus_Kai, MyFreeAsian, SmilingDancer, Ayisa_Kisa, LaLaMiss, B_E_L_L_E, Aloha_Ali, KawaiiMIX, AliveFantasy, Malu_Here, and Ang____ (better known as AngelaLala) have all posted kind comments on my profile page, as I'm sure Saffron or any other performer reading this can confirm. I'm the first to admit I'm not a big tipper, which means they're posting because I've found a different way to help out.

I understand your insecurity, Jerry, given that no one has written anything nice on your profile page at http://profiles.myfreecams.com/jerryboberry since 2012. So feel free to keep trolling. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

A pet peeve: A person who has to do the name-dropping thing to make himself appear cooler and more likable.

I just went to leave Jerry a nice comment on his profile wall but it wouldnt let me since it's set to friends only. *kicks rocks*

I can only assume collecting messages on his wall is not something he cares that much about. I know that's a confusing concept since the only reason I joined mfc was to collect nice comments on my wall.

Apparently, there's nothing that DOESN'T peeve you, Shelly. In fact, I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

Dammit!!! :banghead: And I was just about to ask you to be my "room helper." Guess I blew it, huh? :cry:

He only allows people on his friends list to post on his profile wall as he doesn't hoard model compliments like a miser hoarding gold, unlike some posters in this thread. Not everyone recognizes the value of public compliments from models sadly.

*walks away in sad disappointment, for he could not compliment JBB on his profile wall due to not being his friend, nor is cool enough to get to know EmmEffCee because he is just a lowly cam member and not a model*

Yet once more this feeling of loneliness I have learned to know so well overwhelms my soul.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.