AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

F-in token beggars

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through this thread and getting a headache :haha:
I have little experience in the cam world, but when I initially decided to start out I took part of my "research" to MFC and got myself some tokens and had a gander. So from another males point of view on this subject of token begging. When I was scrolling through the less popular cams I wouldn't say I found it offensive being asked for tokens, it was just a MASSIVE turn off! Maybe that is just me though as the thrill I may get from watching cams is probably completely different to others, I feel like I should be the one chasing not vice versa :rofl:
(and very slightly off topic but...) This thread then got me thinking about something that happened just today whilst I was performing on Chaturbate. I had a fairly active room, plenty of small tips, reaching my goals. Near the end I got a tip from a user and as always, if I don't recognize the name, I have a nose and look at their profile. However on doing this, (to my shock I might add), I was in another girls chat room. I was at first flattered! But then I started thinking, does she want me to tip her back? is this like a weird thing I have never come across before to get active tippers? She tips 25, I tip 25? Then I started thinking if I just give her back her tip it might be seen as a big middle finger :haha: She then tipped again and was the person that ended my goal. So is this a thing or was she just enjoying the show whilst doing her show?

Reading through this thread and getting a headache :haha:
I have little experience in the cam world, but when I initially decided to start out I took part of my "research" to MFC and got myself some tokens and had a gander. So from another males point of view on this subject of token begging. When I was scrolling through the less popular cams I wouldn't say I found it offensive being asked for tokens, it was just a MASSIVE turn off! Maybe that is just me though as the thrill I may get from watching cams is probably completely different to others, I feel like I should be the one chasing not vice versa :rofl:
(and very slightly off topic but...) This thread then got me thinking about something that happened just today whilst I was performing on Chaturbate. I had a fairly active room, plenty of small tips, reaching my goals. Near the end I got a tip from a user and as always, if I don't recognize the name, I have a nose and look at their profile. However on doing this, (to my shock I might add), I was in another girls chat room. I was at first flattered! But then I started thinking, does she want me to tip her back? is this like a weird thing I have never come across before to get active tippers? She tips 25, I tip 25? Then I started thinking if I just give her back her tip it might be seen as a big middle finger :haha: She then tipped again and was the person that ended my goal. So is this a thing or was she just enjoying the show whilst doing her show?

Personally whenever I tip a model I don't expect said model to tip me back.. ever. The reason I tip is to support the show/model. I hope that was her intentions. :p

(sorry if I'm late to the party, I try to limit how often I forum to avoid it taking over my life... I get addicted to the weirdest things...)

On tipping from multiple accounts to make a model feel better:

I cannot say I disapprove of this tactic. It would totally work on me, and the intention is good. If I found out, I would feel... well, that would depend on how close to submissive I am feeling that day. Too far, and I'd feel patronized, and possibly insulted. But most of the time, I'd feel a mix of mildly disappointed and kinda flattered.

I have a harder time than many people connecting one aspect of a person with another aspect. Names to faces? Nope. Names to sayings? Nope. Where I heard something? No clue. So coming in with a different account and raving about something I'm self-conscious over... as long as it's been over a couple hours before I find out it was the same person, and the raving about it isn't mentioned, I won't even notice. It takes a lot for someone to stand out enough for me to remember that they said this specific thing.

Possibly a leftover protective measure from foster care? Maybe it's from my school situation, trying to balance being truthful to a teacher without snitching on people likely to make my life hell? I dunno. (I was the goody-two-shoes little dork x.x)

----

justjoinedtopost

You said you are trying to avoid feeling guilty about it. I'm not sure you worded that properly. But in case you did:

If you're going to feel something, you have to let yourself feel it. But you have to let it go after you feel it. So first you acknowledge it, you experience it, then you let it go. Just trying to quash it doesn't work, and just bottles it up to explode later. How it will explode changes depending on the feeling. Guilt tends to turn into depression or anger. Usually depression. So feel your guilt, experience your guilt. If there's a chance to make things right, do that, and then let your guilt go.

justjoinedtopost

You said you are trying to avoid feeling guilty about it. I'm not sure you worded that properly. But in case you did:

If you're going to feel something, you have to let yourself feel it. But you have to let it go after you feel it. So first you acknowledge it, you experience it, then you let it go. Just trying to quash it doesn't work, and just bottles it up to explode later. How it will explode changes depending on the feeling. Guilt tends to turn into depression or anger. Usually depression. So feel your guilt, experience your guilt. If there's a chance to make things right, do that, and then let your guilt go.

Well, words mean different things to different people. I'll lay out exactly where I'm at, just in case there is any misunderstanding.

I've got some shitty feelings about the whole deal. But guilt, to me, means wallowing in it. I will feel like crap, I will go numb to it. This is not something I can allow, then let go of. Not being able to let go of things was precisely what led me to act the way I did.

Sorry I did it, got a few cringeworthy memories to carry away from it. I've apologized (for what that's worth). But the minute the unpleasant feelings pop up, I am trying to redirect them towards avoiding behaving this way in the future. I can't allow them a foothold, or they will take over.

Now I don't want to give @AutumnDayKink and @JoleneBrody the satisfaction of knowing they completely derailed my beautiful thread, so another update pertaining to token beggars is in order, and since I haven't had any more run-ins with those vermin, I will share about a slightly token-beggarish event.

Tonight I was approached again by a young Ukranian studio girl. Some people call her 6-token-beggar, others 3-token-beggar (this annoys me greatly, because I don't really think of her as a beggar at all). We chit chatted for a moment, she told me what a good night she had last night, then told me what a crap night she had tonight. Then she asked me if I had 10 tokens so she could finish her night up at 200 tokens. Gave them to her, and with that she logged out.

I've decided that as long as she's lowballing me, I'm gonna let her nickle and dime me to death. If she asks for 2, I'll give her 2. If she asks for 7, then 7 it is. Not one token more than what she asks. Think I'm going to name her 10-token-beseecher.

Sought out opinions of 3 other women to try and get a female perspective of this young lady's requests (1 is a cam model, 1 is a former studio model, 1 has never had anything to do with camming). They said...
  • You're gettin hustled
  • You're gettin played
  • You are an idiot
Some people just don't understand.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Let me say this...I am a firm believer that models deserve compensation for their performances. And on the token sites, when I see situations where compensation does not come, it grieves me.

I like to skype. With a model I have gotten to know well, this is often a sex show. But early on, I am more of a chatter. I want to know about them. Are they going to school? What are they studying? What are their plans? If they are comfortable talking about things like this, I love to listen. And I pay for the privilege.

Last night, I hid and ignored a model. She is incredibly beautiful, very intelligent, studying to be a doctor. Had a few brief chats with her, and she pretty much had me on the hook. But she is now iggied, and this is the third time I have hidden a model for this.

Here is what happened. I got a pm...

model: Hi!
model: I'm having a bad night on MFC
model: Can you come give me some tokens?
model: Pleeaasssee?

Disgusting.

If she had said "Hey bb, wanna come play?" could have been a completely different story

I have tipped her on 3 sites. Bought 2 skypes. Chatted with her a little in 3 different rooms. But now, she will not get another minute of my time, nor will she get so much as 1 more token from me.

This concludes my vent.
Not nice of her I agree but at least truthful.
She could say she is horny and wants to play with you but it would be lie, coz she just needed some extra tokens.
I have member account where I claim to be a male.
It is fascinating how many models suddenly become horny and start to pm me when I put 10000 tokens on it and make my token balance visible.
But once I show its zero and start talking to the same models they horniness disappear.
Better just be truthful and say u need money.

Not nice of her I agree but at least truthful.
She could say she is horny and wants to play with you but it would be lie, coz she just needed some extra tokens.
Better just be truthful and say u need money.
I have no idea what to make of your statements here.

On the one hand, your logic is sound. But on the other...ugh, token beggars.

I have no idea what to make of your statements here.

On the one hand, your logic is sound. But on the other...ugh, token beggars.
I know, both situations are ugly, but at least you are not being fooled.
Just learn to ignore them and look for decent models

I know, both situations are ugly, but at least you are not being fooled.
Just learn to ignore them and look for decent models
Well, now that I think about it, I'm actually ok with fraudulent horniness (in most cases).
But saying "I want your money, but I can't be assed with getting into character right now" smacks of laziness. Honestly saying "Sir, can you please spare 10 tokens" doesn't really bother me.

@justjoinedtopost

For what it's worth, I don't think she's playing you. If she was doing that, I think she would have asked for more.
I'm getting the same impression. After the first 6 tokens, I figured it would start going up. When it went down to 3, I thought it was either pitiful or ingenious, wasn't sure which.

But even if it eventually turns out to be a hustle, I don't really blame her. She's just a kid in a studio, trying to help her minimum wage mother pay the bills.

I'm like a hormonal mosquito to your carefully placed bug zapper.

bzzz bzzz.

@justjoinedtopost I am confused. You dislike "token beggars" but reward their behavior? I fail to see how she's playing you/hustling you when she was upfront about why she needed those tokens. Personally, I'd be happy she was upfront and honest about it (but thats just me I appreciate raw honesty). Is it unprofessional? Yes, don't get me wrong.

@justjoinedtopost I am confused. You dislike "token beggars"
I loathe them.
but reward their behavior?
The only reward a token beggar will ever get from me is a stream of profanities.
I fail to see how she's playing you/hustling you when she was upfront about why she needed those tokens.
I assume you are talking about 10-token-beseecher here. I don't know if she's being completely up front or not. I have been warned this is just a move to get the hook set in my mouth, but I like to think she is being sincere, mainly from what I learned from chatting with her. That, and she is just so. damned. adorable.

So for now, I'm gonna go with she really needed .15, .075, and .25 USD.

Now if she comes back saying she needs 100 tokens or the studio boss is going to beat her, then I'm gonna tell her to put her hands up, keep circling to the right, and watch for his hook.

Last edited:
I have many regs in my room that have multiple accounts, in fact we were talking about it just the other week. I don't know all the different ones they have and it doesn't really bother me unless they are using one to be nice and say another purely to come and be a dick. But I doubt they would do that. In fact it has now become a bit of a weekly game for them, either changing their name or coming in with a different account purely to completely throw me off confuse me and wind me up lol which doesn't take much hehe. It's a game keeps the convo flowing and doesn't bother me tbh. They all come back in pretty quickly and hold up their hands to their naughty behaviour.

As for token begging I have now come to the conclusion that I am going pm as many possible members as I can asking for 3tks from each ha I could make some serious money . On a serious note though it does but my brains especially if they are attempting to get guys out of my room to go into theirs and tip ughh annoying much.

Well then. Very interesting night. Sent the young Ukranian a 50 token tip at the beginning of the night and wished her luck.

Got a message from 10-token-beseecher several hours later (hereafter referred to as 70-token-petitioner). She apologized profusely for asking, but wanted to know if there was any way I could send her 70 tokens. Seems the studio boss threatened to fire her if she didn't clear 1000 tokens tonight, and that is how much she was short. She told me she was ashamed to ask, but her shift was over and she had nowhere else to turn.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Well then. Very interesting night. Sent the young Ukranian a 50 token tip at the beginning of the night and wished her luck.

Got a message from 10-token-beseecher several hours later (hereafter referred to as 70-token-petitioner). She apologized profusely for asking, but wanted to know if there was any way I could send her 70 tokens. Seems the studio boss threatened to fire her if she didn't clear 1000 tokens tonight, and that is how much she was short. She told me she was ashamed to ask, but her shift was over and she had nowhere else to turn.

So what did you do? Don't leave us hanging, man!

Reactions: ramblin
I was just briefly in the room of someone who was about to log off. Her topic was "tip one token to finish on even number", which she was apparently keen to do before finishing. Somebody tipped two tokens. She said "why did you do that?" with a sort of jokey annoyance, and I couldn't tell which of those two was genuine and which was feigned, and then she changed her topic to "tip 99 to ...". Somebody ninja tipped and she finished up.

Just speculation, but I'm going to guess that one (or more) of these studios is rounding the girls' tokens down to the last hundred mark before calculating their share. In which case one, or three, or six tokens might make a rather bigger difference to their own take for the shift.

In exchange for a two hour Skype, right?
Nope. Just a message in skype about how grateful she was, then that little kiss emote.

This girl is just too adorable. I am going to have to go into hiding.

another quickie update. Soon as she logged on again today, another skype message thanking me again for the 70 token help yesterday. Bless her little heart. She's such a doll.

It sounds like this isn't going to be the last time she's going to ask for help. Do you have a red line like 100 tokens which you mentioned before?

It sounds like this isn't going to be the last time she's going to ask for help. Do you have a red line like 100 tokens which you mentioned before?
Yes, way ahead of you.

End of shift distress tips, I won't go one token over 50.

I assume you believe her, since you've even coined the term "end of shift distress tips". But if so, would it not be counter-productive to let her get fired if she asks for say 53 tokens and you only give her 50? Since the reason why you are giving her these tokens is to help her avoid getting fired?

I assume you believe her, since you've even coined the term "end of shift distress tips". But if so, would it not be counter-productive to let her get fired if she asks for say 53 tokens and you only give her 50? Since the reason why you are giving her these tokens is to help her avoid getting fired?
My logical side is not really ready to believe her 100%, but for the time being, it has decided to let my emotional side convince us she is telling the truth. And if things get to the point where both sides of my brain have to agree she's bullshitting me, then I think that will just about be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I am only one guy on the other side of the world. I can only let myself worry about so much; the unemployment rate in Kiev is out of my hands. Anyway, if she is working in a shit studio, it might be better for her to get fired, I honestly don't know.

But I haven't given her any tokens to help her avoid getting fired, or to keep her boss off her ass. I only gave her tokens because A) she asked me to, and B) she is so damned adorable.

Reactions: FayePotato
Been no more requests for tokens...until today, when Miss Adorable 70-token-petitioner contacted me. Some chit chat, sent her a pic with a penis partially visible. Then she asked me if I could help her finish the day with a 140 token tip.

I explained I wasn't at the computer, but mobile. She said it was ok, an offline tip later would help just as much.

I'll bet.

So I need to get control of this situation. I plan to completely forget the 140 token request. Her studio is switching her over to a new account for some reason or another, I'll go in then and spend a little on her, skype time. That should put a stop to it.

The nature of the latest request seems to be a bit different from before (somewhat less desperate?). Did she say whether she'd be fired or something if she doesn't get the 140 tokens?

Status
Not open for further replies.