AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fake wishlist purchases

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessNymph

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 8, 2013
Are these common? I'm new to MFC(about 3 weeks here) and this has happened to me already twice(well I believe twice, the second is recent so I'll have to wait and see). Is there any way to know if a purchase is genuine or do I just have to play the waiting game until I receive it?

I judt don't understand why people would do such a thing. It's so very petty. :/

SylviaDay said:
I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that they show up as "purchased" if a member puts the item into their shopping cart. So maybe they're not doing it on purpose, are fully intending to buy it are just waiting a bit. Hopefully anyways!
I was told by another member that apparently people can cancel the purchases directly after and still have them showing as purchased. It's a way some members try to scam models. You're right though, I should just keep positive and hope for the best. If it happens, it happens. If not, then oh well. ^-^

I saw a model have that happen to her. Scummy member, who made me feel suspicious as soon as he talked, bought all kinds of stuff off of her wish list then canceled them when he sobered up the next day. I later learned he had done that to other models as well, but he sometimes did deliver so hope was always kept alive to be crushed.

If you are trading wishlist items for services or merchandise, then you might be better off asking for a digital gift card if you do not trust the other person.

Shaun__ said:
I saw a model have that happen to her. Scummy member, who made me feel suspicious as soon as he talked, bought all kinds of stuff off of her wish list then canceled them when he sobered up the next day. I later learned he had done that to other models as well, but he sometimes did deliver so hope was always kept alive to be crushed.

If you are trading wishlist items for services or merchandise, then you might be better off asking for a digital gift card if you do not trust the other person.
You wouldn't happen to know the members name would you? Because that's essentially what happened with me(only I have no idea if he cancelled haha) and I can't help but wonder if it's the same person.

Shaun__ said:

Gift cards, at least Amazon, can be canceled if they are not used quickly enough.

Reactions: KylieJacobs
yup, it happened to me. The sneaky little bastard said, "check your wishlist" I did and saw that the $200 stripper pole I had on there was on the "Purchased" list. Something just didn't seem right to me about him though... I checked it the next day, and sure enough, my instincts were right... it was right back up on the "UnPurchased" list. I name him on my Black list page on my blog The Camgirl Report if anyone wants a heads up.

Reactions: KylieJacobs
This has happen to me a billion times.

Gift Cards. Don't do anything before redeeming them.

Holy shit, I didn't know Amazon gc could be cancelled if not redeemed. Thanks for the info ladies!

Re wishlist items, I recently got scammed that way on MFC by a guy named Eddly. Put it in his cart to mark it purchased, never followed through. I never trade services for wishlist items now. Also MFC model IcyPuma randomly had some jackass mark $500 worth of stuff on her wishlist purchased, never came through.

PrincessNymph said:
Shaun__ said:

You wouldn't happen to know the members name would you? Because that's essentially what happened with me(only I have no idea if he cancelled haha) and I can't help but wonder if it's the same person.

This was years ago, I do not remember his name.

LacieLaPlante said:
Shaun__ said:

Gift cards, at least Amazon, can be canceled if they are not used quickly enough.

Even after you have added the money to your account?

Gift cards can't be cancelled once they're redeemed. In your settings, you can go to your account and add the gift cards without having to buy anything, so they'll be safe.

Also, amazon wishlists... amazon items won't give your name to the person who bought it, but other sellers will. So make sure the box that allows the info to be shared with third party sellers is not checked.

LadyLuna said:
Gift cards can't be cancelled once they're redeemed. In your settings, you can go to your account and add the gift cards without having to buy anything, so they'll be safe.

^^^ Good to know.

Also, I'm used to seeing many models list on their profiles (next to their wishlist section) they will only reward wishlist purchases after the model has received the item. This makes perfect sense to me. Any member that objects to it ("But I want a show NOW, bb!") is most likely a scammer. If they want a show now, they can pay tokens.

:twocents-02cents:

Plus, as far as wishlists go, I always think of the comment posted by Jolene about the downsides of wishlists.
JoleneBrody said:
Ok I am fully aware that I'm going a bit off topic here but...
Not having an Amazon wishlist honestly can help you establish yourself on MFC. Wishlist exchanges and purchases do not help your cam score. however tokens for videos and skypes do! Or whatever you plan to do with it.
Tokens help you buy things you want and also help build your future on the site. That's just me though and I actually don't really care for "things" and Gifts that much. When I had a package on my door every day but hadn't made my goal in two weeks I cut it off [emphasis added].

SylviaDay said:
I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that they show up as "purchased" if a member puts the item into their shopping cart. So maybe they're not doing it on purpose, are fully intending to buy it are just waiting a bit. Hopefully anyways!

Not sure how relevant this thread is (also hi! new here) but the result of my experimenting of this disagrees. I made a new amazon account with a different email, added several items from my current wishlist onto it and even went half way through the purchasing process before looking on another device at my wishlist to see if they disappeared onto "purchased" simply from being in someone else's cart. They stayed. So small comfort there.

My story: I have been camming for about a week and a half now, and had a member buy about $1500 worth of stuff off of my wishlist for a very simple 15 minute show (but talks to me a ton when I'm on.) He sent me a tracking number for one thing even though I realize now it doesn't work. I'm extremely skeptical, but after about 5 days still, they all still list as purchased. He also recently told me he is quitting camgirls, as a girl he was "in love with" reported him for not receiving an item he promised to send her. WHY WOULD HE TELL ME THAT. augh. I wish I could find out who she was and ask her what's up with this dude. I desperately wish there was some way to find out if any of these things have shipped and find out if he's legit, instead of watching my mailbox and begging Amazon customer service to give me information on the orders. The system is extremely flawed.

Personally if i still had a wishlist (i scrapped mine due to security concerns as well as the fact that frankly I'd rather have the money and buy what i want for myself) I would insist that no goods from me would go out until i had the wishlist items in my hand. So many scammers around that any other way just seems silly to me. If you explain this to your guys then the genuine ones will be happy to wait. As for anyone who's not, well tbh if they were genuine they wouldn't be getting bent out of shape about it.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.