AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fallout 76

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I AM SO MAD AT YOU TODD. YOU LIED TO US. THIS GAME IS A FALLOUT 4 AND SKYRIM COPY AND PASTE AND DIDN'T FIX THE KNOWN BUGS!!! IT'S THE SAME ENGINE. I WOULDN'T COMPLAIN, IF THEY IMPROVED, LIKE NEW VEGAS.

YES I SAID SKYRIM. BECAUSE THEY PUT A NEW MESH ON THE DRAGON MECHANIC. SAME FIGHT PATTERN AND ALL.

ALL MY OTHER COMPLAINTS ARE COVERED IN THIS VIDEO. I AM WAYYY TOO DISAPPOINTED TO GO INTO IT. THIS IS A $60 GAME WITH FUCKING IN GAME PURCHASES FULLY RELEASED.

I AM SO MAD AT YOU TODD. YOU LIED TO US. THIS GAME IS A FALLOUT 4 AND SKYRIM COPY AND PASTE AND DIDN'T FIX THE KNOWN BUGS!!! IT'S THE SAME ENGINE. I WOULDN'T COMPLAIN, IF THEY IMPROVED, LIKE NEW VEGAS.

YES I SAID SKYRIM. BECAUSE THEY PUT A NEW MESH ON THE DRAGON MECHANIC. SAME FIGHT PATTERN AND ALL.

ALL MY OTHER COMPLAINTS ARE COVERED IN THIS VIDEO. I AM WAYYY TOO DISAPPOINTED TO GO INTO IT. THIS IS A $60 GAME WITH FUCKING IN GAME PURCHASES FULLY RELEASED.

I imagine your 2nd video was this one, which apparently was removed and is now reuploaded, seems a few mins shorter now so they must've removed whatever the copyright issue was:

Reactions: AudriTwo
I still will support Fallout 76 because it still is in its infancy, heck why everybody forgot how was Elder Scrolls Online when it was released? It was as bad as Fallout 76, and now it's a damn good game. Also I'm blindly in love with anything Fallout related, so yeah, I shill for Fallout 76 :bucktooth:

I get why people are mad for spending $60 on an unfinished game, but I do believe it will take time to become something awesome. I played the BETA, and it was far more boring. The community has been great in game. I've never met so many friendly peeps during all these past few days playing it, so I'm happy with it and will stick with it. I also can't wait to get a Vault 76 hoodie for my Newfie, hopefully they will make in dog etra-extra-extra-extra large size lol

Edit: My only complaint is the music, they all suck now that we can't hear The Wanderer by Dion :(

This has to be the worst game launch of the year. The game is a buggy mess and Bethesda's policy of not allowing refunds when the game has been played is arbitrarily enforced. The canvas bag that came with the $200 collectors edition were actually made out of nylon so if you pre-ordered you got bait and switched. They have now updated the website to say that the bag is made out of nylon but the pictures they have of it still show the canvas bag with text in the picture stating that it is made of canvas.

In my opinion this is a $20 early access that they want us to pay $60 AAA money for. This is a launch that is about as good as the ones for Aliens Colonial Marines, Batman Arkham Knight, Mass Effect Andromeda and Assassins Creed Unity. At the moment it is the worst critically received Fallout game of all time and even if they fix everything that is wrong with it I feel that this is going to be an average game at best that we should not be paying more than $30 for. This is a game that most people can avoid with out fear of missing out and instead spend their time and money on a better game.

Reactions: AmberCutie
The game is a buggy mess and Bethesda's policy of not allowing refunds when the game has been played is arbitrarily enforced.
I only played for about an hour total before I requested my refund, I wonder if that made any difference. (Same with Jawbs, we both got refunded.)

In my opinion this is a $20 early access that they want us to pay $60 AAA money for.
Exactly, in fact if I had paid 20 bucks for it and it was listed as early access, I may have not requested refund and ragequit.

heck why everybody forgot how was Elder Scrolls Online when it was released?

Because it doesn't matter the state of Elder Scrolls Online's release because that's Zenimax not Bethesda.

The issue here was Bethesda got a pass for the longest time because the games were single player and modders were doing the patch work for them. They didn't even do a bug pass when they upgraded the engine for skyrim ultimate. But now that they created a unmoddable MMO they are responsible for all of it. Like battlefront 2 was with loot boxes this is triggering a consumer revolt against companies releasing unfinished games at $60 and feeling they only need to finish them if outcry is loud enough.

The other issue is the time period they choose in fallout history makes sense not many people or things are outside walking about but it really wasn't a good choice for people that were used to more lively bethesda worlds. This is more a poor concept.

Reactions: GoddessKaeli
Because it doesn't matter the state of Elder Scrolls Online's release because that's Zenimax not Bethesda.

The issue here was Bethesda got a pass for the longest time because the games were single player and modders were doing the patch work for them. They didn't even do a bug pass when they upgraded the engine for skyrim ultimate. But now that they created a unmoddable MMO they are responsible for all of it. Like battlefront 2 was with loot boxes this is triggering a consumer revolt against companies releasing unfinished games at $60 and feeling they only need to finish them if outcry is loud enough.

The other issue is the time period they choose in fallout history makes sense not many people or things are outside walking about but it really wasn't a good choice for people that were used to more lively bethesda worlds. This is more a poor concept.
Don’t worry. After the latest problems with Fallout 76 I can’t shill for it anymore. I still like the game, and just wish it wasn’t that broken.
There’s a saying in Brazil that is “taste is like ass, everyone has one” and for me the concept of FO76 matches with what I like, the problem is the game is broken.

Edit: also wtf to the way Bethesda is running their business now. No refunds and shitty duffel bags instead of what was promised. That really was it for me. I don’t trust them anymore.

What made matters worse for Bethesda was how clean their Red Dead
Don’t worry. After the latest problems with Fallout 76 I can’t shill for it anymore. I still like the game, and just wish it wasn’t that broken.
There’s a saying in Brazil that is “tase is like ass, everyone has one” and for me the concept of FO76 matches with what I like, the problem is the game is broken.

I think there's room for redemption. No man sky proved that. However I think people are being to more suspicious than ever about hype and pre-orders after this. If games media wasn't so in bed with the companies I think things would not had come as far as it has. I think there's enough fallout there for people to enjoy as long as you understand the game is 20 years after the bombs unlike 200 in the other games.

I think what made it worse was how clear Red Dead Online was deployed and how much finish that game was delivered with at the same time. It became an easy comparison in quality of a AAA game.

I only played for about an hour total before I requested my refund, I wonder if that made any difference. (Same with Jawbs, we both got refunded.)

Exactly, in fact if I had paid 20 bucks for it and it was listed as early access, I may have not requested refund and ragequit.

I was super tempted to get it for $35 during Black Thursday's sales, but I've definitely noticed that folks who like that game are. "well ya it is got a lot of problems, and it will need a few patches, but it is still fallout and with other humans." But there are even more players like you who give it 1-20 hours (if they have to write review) and rage quit.

It is too bad, cause it's been a long time since I've wanted to play an MMO again, and the Fallout universe is near the top of my list of place to play.

I was super tempted to get it for $35 during Black Thursday's sales, but I've definitely noticed that folks who like that game are. "well ya it is got a lot of problems, and it will need a few patches, but it is still fallout and with other humans." But there are even more players like you who give it 1-20 hours (if they have to write review) and rage quit.

It is too bad, cause it's been a long time since I've wanted to play an MMO again, and the Fallout universe is near the top of my list of place to play.
The game is not an MMO, it is a multiplayer survival game so if you were looking for an MMO this would not have been the game for you.

The game is not an MMO, it is a multiplayer survival game so if you were looking for an MMO this would not have been the game for you.

Isn't that a big part of the problems with game nobody know what it is supposed to be.

Oh and BTW back in July Bethesda specially said that "Fallout 76 Is Not a Survival Game."

So why should I believe you and not the developers of the game?

Isn't that a big part of the problems with game nobody know what it is supposed to be.

Oh and BTW back in July Bethesda specially said that "Fallout 76 Is Not a Survival Game."

So why should I believe you and not the developers of the game?
Because Bethesda have been caught lying and I haven't. I have played over a thousand computer and video games through the years and at least 15 of those have been MMO's and I have played even more survival games so I have enough knowledge to recognize different game genres. If Bethesda doesn't think that Fallout 76 is a survival game the reason for that could be that they have not played enough of them before which would explain some of the poor design that this game suffers from.

Can a game not be an MMO and a survival game at the same time?

Survival MMO sounds fine to me. The weird thing is that it has RPG aspects to it as well, so it’s a little Survival MMO and MMORPG maybe.

Survival MMO sounds fine to me. The weird thing is that it has RPG aspects to it as well, so it’s a little Survival MMO and MMORPG maybe.
Or are you saying because of the way they randomize their servers it can’t be “massively” multiplayer. Just multiplayer.

Edit: in fact, now that I think more about it, the only thing holding it back from classification of true MMORPG is the massive part lol. After having played a few survival games it has more in common with an RPG.

So I would call it an MORPG with PvP and building.

Last edited:

Or are you saying because of the way they randomize their servers it can’t be “massively” multiplayer. Just multiplayer.

Edit: in fact, now that I think more about it, the only thing holding it back from classification of true MMORPG is the massive part lol. After having played a few survival games it has more in common with an RPG.

So I would call it an MORPG with PvP and building.
Yes a game can be a Survival MMO, but Fallout 76 is not massively multiplayer with only 24 players per server. Survival RPG would probably be an accurate description of it although the survival part is pretty poorly done.

I posed the question on a game forum. There was agreement it is definitely not massive multiplayer, but multiplayer.

The best definition IMO was

It’s a shareholder value crafting game.

• Funny!
Soooo, there was a huge glitch with Bethesda leaking customer information. Apparently some people were able to view the support tickets from other Fallout 76 players and it included their names, addresses and credit card info. It’s been resolved, but omg everything I’ve heard about this game so far is a mess.

Soooo, there was a huge glitch with Bethesda leaking customer information. Apparently some people were able to view the support tickets from other Fallout 76 players and it included their names, addresses and credit card info. It’s been resolved, but omg everything I’ve heard about this game so far is a mess.
According to Bethesda no full credit card numbers were leaked so I guess they got that going for them atleast. It will be interesting to see what happens if any EU customers details was leaked because it would mean a GDPR breach and then we will get to see what ramifications that will actually have.

People bitching about this game make me laugh. It's Fallout 4 online. Same bugs, same assets. I've been having fun with it. My major gripe has been storage capabilities. I need about 1000 storage. Other than that it's enjoyable and I've really enjoyed the story.

If you've been playing Bethesda games for more than 25 minutes this is exactly how every Bethesda release has ever gone. It's par for the course and anyone really that upset about it is either new to Bethesda or woefully has nostalgia effect going on about their other releases.

Also for credit card leaks. Just know that I can buy anyone's full information online for about 25 cents a name. This has been true for almost a decade and you just need to be vigilant about making sure you check your credit card and bank information daily for fraudulent activity. NO ONES information is private. PERIOD. These companies (all of them) do a piss poor job at protecting your financial information.

I just watched this video, this must be the worst, most consumer unfriendly game release of all time. There have been a lot of terrible releases in the past but most of the time the publisher has the good sense to not try and fleece the customers for more money if things get this bad. Even companies such as EA, Activision and WB Games who have done really bad game as a service releases would have had the sense to let this game quietly die instead of having it to be a continuing pr disaster. I am going to have a wait and see approach to any future Bethesda titles, because here we have a company that can not be trusted to act responsibly.

So is this the tale as old as time, a MMO tries to make a server, engine, game, and fails because they bit off more then they could chew?

So is this the tale as old as time, a MMO tries to make a server, engine, game, and fails because they bit off more then they could chew?
It wasn't even a MMO. This might be cynical but it feels like the game was just an excuse to be able to sell overpriced merchandise, digital and physical. They took the name Fallout and tried to get as much money as possible from it by attaching it to crap.

It is kind of amazing that they had a 200 dollar collectors addition, and they were trying to skimp out on the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.