AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fav model went off the grid

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2020
Have any of you experienced a model suddenly going completely off the grid?

She was absolutely beautiful, and her personality she showed even more so. I found out about her back in late October, and she streams exclusively on the jerkmate/camhub streamsite chain. I would tune in when I can when she's on, and get a show here or there. Around a week ago I searched her up looking to see if she was on during her regular hours, and her profile was just gone. I then went on google to see if she only left jerkmate, but her profile was gone from essentially all the sites. The only sites with her profile left were the old ones she made and never touched in the past few months.

I do know that there are other beautiful models out there, but it was just very shocking to find out suddenly that my #1 model disappeared. :heartbreak:

it happens all the time. usually when a models drops off the camsites like that, she's moved on to something else and doesn't want any associations left with it.

In situations like this, it's best to just hope she's doing well and is happy.

No sense in worrying about it. As they say, "Move along. Nothing to see here. Move along"

First of all, Jerkmate is Streamate.com. Please don't give that garbage whitelabel any more traffic and just go directly to Streamate. But yeah, I personally go off the grid frequently. I've disappeared for years. One day I'll disappear forever, if I feel like it. Most women don't cam using their real name because they have no interest in being found outside their cam persona. And once they're done camming, they're done. It doesn't sound like you had any personal connection, so what would you expect?

For all time favorite models, I always suggest connecting with her non-streaming media platforms like Snapchat, OnlyFans, Patreon, etc. I cammed back in 2005/2006 then disappeared until 2017 'til now. Every so often I'd search my old stage name back then. Found someone looking for me on Motherless (CRINGE!!!) I would have totally been open to still connecting with my top fans while I was on hiatus. Just my two cents :)

Imagine caring so much about someone you've never even met in real life.
imagine having empathy for another human being.

Have any of you experienced a model suddenly going completely off the grid?

She was absolutely beautiful, and her personality she showed even more so. I found out about her back in late October, and she streams exclusively on the jerkmate/camhub streamsite chain. I would tune in when I can when she's on, and get a show here or there. Around a week ago I searched her up looking to see if she was on during her regular hours, and her profile was just gone. I then went on google to see if she only left jerkmate, but her profile was gone from essentially all the sites. The only sites with her profile left were the old ones she made and never touched in the past few months.

I do know that there are other beautiful models out there, but it was just very shocking to find out suddenly that my #1 model disappeared. :heartbreak:

No public social media? If you have a picture of her you can try posting on https://www.reddit.com/r/CamGirl/

if a model has social media and disappears without saying anything at all then I never support them again.

Honestly, maybe it's because I am a weird guy BUT I see absolutely no reason why NOT to care about a model and to maybe be worried about them.
The only time it becomes a problem is when you care for them 'too much' (fall hopelessly in love, become addicted; obsessed etc).
Otherwise, it's just a decent thing to feel as a human being.

No public social media? If you have a picture of her you can try posting on https://www.reddit.com/r/CamGirl/

if a model has social media and disappears without saying anything at all then I never support them again.

I'd down vote your post if I could as this shows you aren't aware of the rules of the subreddit.

Capture.PNG

How difficult is it to understand this concept?

I'd down vote your post if I could as this shows you aren't aware of the rules of the subreddit.

View attachment 83227

How difficult is it to understand this concept?

I clearly said in my post if they don't have social media, this is talking about models that have closed up shop on purpose. There are tons of models out there working for studios that would very much like for their old followers to find them but have lost access to their account and wherent allowed to have social media or not in control of their social media.

Sometimes I seriously consider joining Streamate but then I recall that *that dude* has been hanging there so he might visit me and my desire suddenly wanes...
He seems cheap so I think if you price yourself over $4.99, I don't think he will bother you.

I clearly said in my post if they don't have social media, this is talking about models that have closed up shop on purpose. There are tons of models out there working for studios that would very much like for their old followers to find them but have lost access to their account and wherent allowed to have social media or not in control of their social media.

There are a lot of unknown variables. Was she a studio model? If so, was she fired or quit on her own? If she was a studio model, did the studio know of those accounts? Maybe those inactive accounts were forgotten about, or no way to recover the passwords?

My point is that he did a search for her, and found no recent activity of her. In his own words "I then went on google to see if she only left jerkmate, but her profile was gone from essentially all the sites. The only sites with her profile left were the old ones she made and never touched in the past few months ". In a situation such as this, it's best to just think she's left camming and is okay and doing well. Leave her be and move on. The rule of the subreddit reaffirms this.

The OP was not asking to find her, he was asking if anyone had experienced a model disappearing.

In a situation such as this, it's best to just think she's left camming and is okay and doing well. Leave her be and move on.

If you mean best for the model, the vast majority of models without social media that disappear are not models starting over that don't want to be found.

If you mean for the viewer then yeah I agree with you.

The OP was not asking to find her, he was asking if anyone had experienced a model disappearing.

:giggle: Oh good point , to answer the OP that should be everyone, it happens all the time.

If you mean best for the model, the vast majority of models without social media that disappear are not models starting over that don't want to be found.

If you mean for the viewer then yeah I agree with you.

This thread is about a viewer inquiring about a model that disappeared. My statements are two fold:

• It's best for the member to believe that she is okay and doing well. "No news is good news" mentality.
  • It's best for the model because it affords her the privacy she may be after if she doesn't want to be associated with camming anymore.

Unless there is evidence showing that a model is in actual danger or manipulation, it is no one's business what she does or the dealings of her offline life. Including reasons why she may no longer be found or actively camming. Simply assume she's alive and doing well.

If a member is still actively viewing cam models, chances are he may run across her again if she's just changed names, studios or cam site. Same with if she took a break and decides to come back. Models should know about the risks of lost business/revenue when they take a break and that it may take a while for them to rebuild a following.

If a model works in a studio, there usually is a contract or understanding that the model's cam name/account and memberlist belong to the studio and she cannot take them with her when she leaves the studio for whatever reason. So, she has to make a new name (usually similar to old), and rebuild her clientele. Sometimes a model will hint at what's going on if she knows ahead of time. She may also directly tell her members via other forms of communication if she has offline contact with them. Similar situations occur in vanilla jobs as well.

:giggle: Oh good point , to answer the OP that should be everyone, it happens all the time.

Think about it though. This happens all the time in areas of life outside of the camming world with regular people. People enter and exit our lives all the time. Do we scour the internet when the user xFranKx from a forum or social media site we interacted with frequently no longer posts? No. Even if they can have their account deleted, we really don't pay it much attention. Most times it's just a "Oh, hey, so-and-so is gone" and we don't give it much of a second thought. So, why treat cam models who go offline any differently?

• It's best for the model because it affords her the privacy she may be after if she doesn't want to be associated with camming anymore.

Unless there is evidence showing that a model is in actual danger or manipulation, it is no one's business what she does or the dealings of her offline life. Including reasons why she may no longer be found or actively camming. Simply assume she's alive and doing well.

If a member is still actively viewing cam models, chances are he may run across her again if she's just changed names, studios or cam site. Same with if she took a break and decides to come back. Models should know about the risks of lost business/revenue when they take a break and that it may take a while for them to rebuild a following.

If a model works in a studio, there usually is a contract or understanding that the model's cam name/account and memberlist belong to the studio and she cannot take them with her when she leaves the studio for whatever reason. So, she has to make a new name (usually similar to old), and rebuild her clientele. Sometimes a model will hint at what's going on if she knows ahead of time. She may also directly tell her members via other forms of communication if she has offline contact with them. Similar situations occur in vanilla jobs as well.
How would it violate a models privacy if she isn't camming anymore?

Chances are he may? xD Whos saying they don't know the risk of taking a break?

Not sure why you are mentioning studio basics to me.

Edit: forgot this part
Think about it though. This happens all the time in areas of life outside of the camming world with regular people. People enter and exit our lives all the time. Do we scour the internet when the user xFranKx from a forum or social media site we interacted with frequently no longer posts? No. Even if they can have their account deleted, we really don't pay it much attention. Most times it's just a "Oh, hey, so-and-so is gone" and we don't give it much of a second thought. So, why treat cam models who go offline any differently?

....are you serious? as if the 2 can be compared.

edit again: sorry have no idea what happened there forum got all wonky, i was trying to edit my original post.

How would it violate a models privacy if she isn't camming anymore?
i think trying to figure out what happened to a model when she chooses not to share her reasons for leaving can be viewed as not respecting their privacy.

there are a good number of models who leave the industry do end up regretting their choices. they want nothing to do with camming and i can see how it can suck for them having people not let them quitting go.

there are studios that do allow you to transfer/copy your favorites/followers over to a new account, but it's something the model needs to request to the camsite majority of the time.

Blegh. If I chose to close down all of my cam profiles (model has to choose to leave for it to be deleted completely otherwise most sites say they’re banned etc when you try to click the profile) and not notify any members about it, I would NOT want anyone hunting me down via pictures on social media. Closing up shop probably has to do with needing a complete mental and emotional break for the model and it probably has to be a huge deal for her to do so and she finds it necessary. Respect that. Deleting profiles is deleting a lot of work so it’s not like it’s a whim and she just needed a short hiatus. If she needed a month or two off, she wouldn’t have deleted. That’s for independent models. I have no clue what studio models do or what the studio does to her profiles. For me, if I chose to shut all my shit down I do not want anyone trying to find me.

....are you serious? as if the 2 can be compared.

Yes, I am serious and they are comparable. If you cannot see that, then you may be too close or hung up on cam models to realize this.

from what i know on my site, models can if they request it. so it probably varies from site to site.

The studio models I got to know were the sources of information in my previous posts. Though, I'd assume it varies from site to site as well as who the account owners are (studio vs independent).

Blegh. If I chose to close down all of my cam profiles (model has to choose to leave for it to be deleted completely otherwise most sites say they’re banned etc when you try to click the profile) and not notify any members about it, I would NOT want anyone hunting me down via pictures on social media. Closing up shop probably has to do with needing a complete mental and emotional break for the model and it probably has to be a huge deal for her to do so and she finds it necessary. Respect that. Deleting profiles is deleting a lot of work so it’s not like it’s a whim and she just needed a short hiatus. If she needed a month or two off, she wouldn’t have deleted. That’s for independent models. I have no clue what studio models do or what the studio does to her profiles. For me, if I chose to shut all my shit down I do not want anyone trying to find me.

If I'm not mistaken, MFC has the ability to hide profiles. At least that's what I recall when I was looking at my profile page years ago. Not sure if the same holds true for models and how that works for MFCShare and MFCSocial. But, agree, it is removing a lot of work done previously, and takes time to remove when there may be multiple sites involved.

As to studios, only from the models I've followed and interacted with I've seen them remove(or hide) the accounts. I've also seen them rename the model, yet keep it out there. I'm sure they all operate differently, and it also depends on terms of the business relationship between model and studio.

Either way, it's all about respecting the privacy of others. Unless explicitly told, assume people want privacy. They will share what they want, when they want and how they want to do it. Doesn't matter if it's a very popular celebrity, a cam model, or your neighbor.

Yes, I am serious and they are comparable. If you cannot see that, then you may be too close or hung up on cam models to realize this.

Wow....so you know that there are tons of posts all over the internet looking for models that stopped broadcasting and hardly ever any of them looking for missing forum posters but you think they are comparable? When I say they can't be compared you don't think you are wrong you think I may be too close or hung up on cam models to realize it? :giggle:

lets just agree to disagree there, I don't want to hijack this thread anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.