AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favorite Camping Foods?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieCharma

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 25, 2015
Twitter Username
@GodlessCharlie
I'm going on a two week camping trip. Will have access to ice, but no fast food or stores or leaving. I will have a little camping grill and the ability to cook. Now I just need ideas!

So far I have these.
Fried eggs with kimchi
Ramen
Trail mix
Bacon and eggs
Cheese
Cold brew

Feel free to post recipes, snacks, cocktails, whatever.

Two weeks is a long time without leaving or access to a store. But, you have ice? Sounds like a camp?

If you can, I'd recommend something like Bisquick which doesn't require milk or butter. You can make pancakes, muffins, etc. and it isn't that much to add to your food list.

I'm assuming this is a stationary camp site? You aren't hauling everything around on packs such as if you're in the backwoods are you?

Two weeks is a long time without leaving or access to a store. But, you have ice? Sounds like a camp?

If you can, I'd recommend something like Bisquick which doesn't require milk or butter. You can make pancakes, muffins, etc. and it isn't that much to add to your food list.

I'm assuming this is a stationary camp site? You aren't hauling everything around on packs such as if you're in the backwoods are you?
It's Burning Man. You can buy ice and coffee there, nothing else. I'm going early to set up. I'll be stationary.

It's Burning Man. You can buy ice and coffee there, nothing else. I'm going early to set up. I'll be stationary.
Gotcha, I've never been so no idea what the area is like. Some additonal ideas:

Bisquick (make muffins, pancakes, etc and IIRC doesn't require milk or butter, maybe an egg)
Canned meats such as tuna or chicken
Smoked salmon or beef jerky if you can afford it (expensive on a per weight ratio)
Protein powder
PB&J (or honey since it doesn't need to be chilled) sanwiches

You could get a little creative and make things such as tacos your first couple of days there, and then whatever the leftover shells are left can use that for breakfast or snacks

I will have a table and a cutting board and stuff. I'm going to do a lot of meal prep stuff, but I figured thing a like onions would be good to cut there. I'm not sure how long onions hold up once cut up.

Yep, onions, potatoes, rice and similar would be good to bring whole. Fruits, veggies are going to spoil quickly so if you bring them, they'd have to be dried to last more than a couple of days. Or, could buy canned or frozen (used as ice early on).

Just remember that if you bring something in a wrapper, can, etc. that's trash/recycling. So, might need to be transported out if they don't provide trash facilities.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
We always just ate bologna and hot dogs when I went camping as a teen. At Ren Faire, we got a little more creative - we made jambalaya once, and stews were always a crowd pleaser and easy to make, plus we could just keep them warm over the fire and eat them for a few days.

For a basic two-week trip without re-supply like that, you need to plan way ahead with pre-made meals like stew, chili ... whatever you like that can be packaged and frozen in ziplock freezer bags. Whatever can be frozen ahead of time will help preserve perishable items like hard boiled eggs for snacks that can't be frozen without taking up valuable ice space in your coolers. Freeze your butter, bacon, steaks, hot dogs, sausages...

Have at least 2 large coolers, one for meats/frozen meals and another for drinks or whatever you need frequent access to. That way you minimize cooling loss for meal items.

Maybe some canned grub like beef stew, chili, tuna, beans & weenies, clam chowder, soups...

Freeze-dried meals like MREs or Mountain House type stuff you can get at Walmart or on Amazon are ok, but save those for when all the fresher stuff runs out.

Setting up a little hand washing station with a gallon jug & spigot wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Last edited:
I've been checking out r/campingfood. Got a few more ideas. Creative grilled sourdough sandwiches, like Apple and cheese and such. Just things that won't bore us.

I'll definitely be freezing meals. I'm just a little behind on ideas. I'm thinking canned hash with eggs would be AMAZING too!

I have two coolers. One small one(I know I know, bgiger would be better, but from my own experience, I really didn't like beer last time and opted for gin or vodka with water and cucumbers so we should be good with a smaller one. I brought over 300 BLVD beers last time and gifted all but maybe on six pack)for drinks. One HUGE one for the food. Figure bury the frozen meals and meats(like sausage links, bacon, sandwich meats, brats, but not things like steak or chicken), then put things like eggs and cheeses on top.

I have a HUGE budget for food so I'm really lucky going into this this time(plus I've been working my fucking ass off).

Edit: We will also have a little dishwashing set up and evaporation pool. So, good there too. I'm going with my ex who is an avid meat eater and eats a lot more than me which is also why I'm kinda freaking out now. I told him I'd take care of all the food since he's buying all the booze, but it's weird since I'm having to plan for a man rather than just me. You fuckikng men eat A LOT! Lol.

image107.jpg

I don't know what your transport limits are, but a little gas-powered refridgerator might be handy. They run on the same gas canisters as a camping stove.

Don't forget the avocado spread on them sammiches to avoid being bored and such.
My ex is deathly allergic to avacodo. I recently found out that my mouth feeling fuzzy and burning with bananas, pineapples, kiwi, and avacodo was an allergy and not something Everyone had.

So... I mean. We wouldn't be bored with that I suppose.

MRE's would be good if you could get your hands on some. Trail mix to snack on. Sandwich stuff. Sounds like lots of fun!

Eta - fixed typo.

The Burning Man website has a lot of advice on what food to bring, or at least it did. I remember rice being a top suggestion.

The Burning Man website has a lot of advice on what food to bring, or at least it did. I remember rice being a top suggestion.
Oh yeah, I know. I just like hearing other people's ideas. There's plenty of boards on Pinterest, reddit posts, facebook posts, etc I just don't like always not having the interaction aspect.

Also, I believe rice is an idiot idea. I love rice, but do you know how much of a pain it is to clean a pot you cooked rice in? I think it's also a lot of carbs which equals sleepy for me.

I'm only bringing bacon, eggs, canned goods, brats, grilled sandwiches and ramen for foods that need to be cooked/heated thoroughly. Maybe sausage too. I haven't decided on that one. I really like sausage egg and cheese breakfast burritos.

This isn't my first year and is far from my first festival and even farther from my first camping trip, I just like hearing what people think especially when it comes to food.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Also, I believe rice is an idiot idea. I love rice, but do you know how much of a pain it is to clean a pot you cooked rice in?

My roommate and I eat a lot of rice, and we hand wash our pans. I would NOT want to do that while camping, ramen would be a better option for an easy carb imo, though it takes up more space to store, the cleanup is easier.

Reactions: CharlieCharma
Tinned goods are always good - Baked beans, stews, anything that's just "reheat" rather than cook is an easy win. Bacon is also always good.

For proper cooking? Anything that can go in a single pot and sit in the hot ash of a burnt down fire (so not fierce boil but more a gentle simmer) - so back to stews being ideal. Veg with spices/herbs etc - and perhaps some meat if you can keep it fresh?

If you've a little stove then guess you can do carbs (pasta, rice) and whatever will keep to pad it out. Keeping meat from spoiling will be the challenge over more than a day in summer, but you could get a CLASSIC tinned meat like Spam :D Or corned beef.

Reactions: CharlieCharma
Status
Not open for further replies.