AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favorite Horror Games

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilLitaRose

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 8, 2014
In the spirit of Halloween coming up in 2 months, (I LOVE Halloween)I have been watching a lot of reviewers for horror games lately and it makes me wanna dive back into it.

I wanna try playing Fatal Frame and actually complete it. As well as Eternal Darkness.
BUT. I digress! Everyone! Let's talk about our favorite horror games.

Mine so far, has been Slenderman (I wasn't scared. It was kind of cool), and Fatal Frame 2.

Left 4 Dead 2 for overall fun factor. Can be pretty creepy/tense and it's great to play with friends in either the campaign or versus.

The original Condemned was scary but not that great of a game. Dead Rising games are amazing but more comedy than horror. Arkham Asylum/City/Origins aren't considered horror but still have a bunch of creepy stuff going down.

Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2 are probably still my favourite games ever. Though that probably has more to do with nostalgia than me finding them "scary". Silent Hill 2 is still genuinely creepy in places and a great game to boot. Looking forward to Silent Hills and The Evil Within looks good too.

Not at all scary (the opposite of scary in fact) but awesome and Halloween-y is Costume Quest...

Yay! My favorite genre is usually anything survival-horror related! Favs include...

- Anything Resident Evil related (Mainly the original, RE2, RE4)
- Anything Silent Hill related (Way more environmentally horror-ish than gore-y)
- Alan Wake (Can be found on Steam for around $20 I think? Psychologically trippy)
- Amnesia (Quite psychologically trippy)
- Last of Us (Emotional post apocalyptic amazeballs, pretty high up there on my list of newer games!)

Hmm other things that come to mind are the Fatal Frame games, the Siren games, Slenderman as mentioned. I shall be lurking in this thread in the hopes of finding new things for my collection lol.

mynameisbob84 said:
Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2 are probably still my favourite games ever. Though that probably has more to do with nostalgia than me finding them "scary". Silent Hill 2 is still genuinely creepy in places and a great game to boot. Looking forward to Silent Hills and The Evil Within looks good too.

Not at all scary (the opposite of scary in fact) but awesome and Halloween-y is Costume Quest...

I LOVED Costume Quest. (From what I got to play of it. It was amazing).

Oooh, would Majora's Mask count in a horror-type game? I remember that game as a kid being pretty scary. (I love that game though)

Oooh yes. :D This is my thread! I suck at playing them, but I love horror games.

Outlast
Eternal Darkness (this one flipped my brother in law and I out pretty badly)
Silent Hill (any)
Resident Evil (any)
Darkwood
Dante's Inferno
Zombeer (more funny than scary, but I still count it)
Amnesia (both)
Fatal Frame 1 & 2
Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh
Knock Knock

TittySprinkles said:
Oooh yes. :D This is my thread! I suck at playing them, but I love horror games.

Dante's Inferno

I loved that game! I was a little disappointed how fast it seemed to go once you hit the middle, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Reactions: SatanJonez
I don't play much horror. I'm not much of a thrill-seeker, and jump scares annoy me. Hell, just dungeon crawling in Elder Scrolls games is enough to set me on edge.

I do remember, way back when it was still the 1990s, a friend and I were stoned, playing Worms on the Playstation, when we got bored and decided to put in Resident Evil and give it a try. We got to this part:

...and it freaked us out so bad, we turned off the game, and then took the disc out of the Playstation because we thought that maybe the machine had been possessed by evil spirits. Man, those were the days, when zombies were actually scary and cool.

zippypinhead said:
I don't play much horror. I'm not much of a thrill-seeker, and jump scares annoy me. Hell, just dungeon crawling in Elder Scrolls games is enough to set me on edge.

I do remember, way back when it was still the 1990s, a friend and I were stoned, playing Worms on the Playstation, when we got bored and decided to put in Resident Evil and give it a try. We got to this part:

...and it freaked us out so bad, we turned off the game, and then took the disc out of the Playstation because we thought that maybe the machine had been possessed by evil spirits. Man, those were the days, when zombies were actually scary and cool.

Holy shit, that temporarily freaked me out. I must have seen that cut scene a hundred times but being in the UK, I guess we got the censored version cos I've never seen the decapitated head before and was not expecting it at all :shifty:

Reactions: LilLitaRose
I think games that legitimately scare me more are the atmospheric ones like Fatal Frame...CAuse you NEVER know when shit is gonna happen.
Not gonna lie though....I do get scared of the shit popping out at you.

House of the Dead: Overkill is a game though where they really try to go way too gross for it to be scary D:

The Resident Evil games are definitely up there. RE5 onwards weren't very scary, but the others beforehand were. Especially when I first played them, since I was only like 12. Scared the absolute shit out of me.

I watched a friend play a little bit of Dead Space and it looked really good.

SCP: Containment Breach. I noped right out of there when my hubs played that.

And hubs has been playing Five Nights at Freddy's and it seems pretty creepy.

Reactions: Jillybean
Yessss horror games! They're pretty much the only modern games I really get excited about. And honestly one of the only "what's your favorite ______?" I can answer easily (I always forget my favorite anything when someone asks what my favorite _____ is). But horror games I can rattle off a list pretty easily!

Faves:
Silent Hill 2 is my favorite survival horror game ever
Amnesia (the Penumbra series was pretty good too, but Amnesia was better) and Fatal Frame come in as a very close second
Then Silent Hill 3

I need to check out Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

I am SO. EXCITE. for the new Silent Hills game that's coming out next year. I watched some Let's Plays of the playable trailer and it was so scary I had my hands over my face the whole time. Good god. I can't wait to piss myself to that game.

ETA: Oh shit I forgot Eternal Darkness! It was the first survival horror game I ever beat and it holds a special place in my heart. I was so traumatized by the bathtub scene in that game that I freak out a little bit if there's a bathtub in any other horror game. DON'T EVER LOOK IN THE BATHTUB!

Yessss so glad to see so many Silent Hill lovers here. Though I can never play it alone!
My friend is in the Alpha for a game called Forest, I believe? Not sure if it's been moved into Beta yet, but anyway, it's kick ass. You pretty much just start the game in the middle of this forest on an island and these weird creatures try to kill you, etc. One of the things I like is that the monsters are actually kind of smart, and fast. They'll follow you, encircle you, team up..it's really ooky. Love! I also love Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines (VTMB) I wouldn't super call it horror, but it is macabre and awesome.

ScarlettSiren said:
Yessss so glad to see so many Silent Hill lovers here. Though I can never play it alone!
My friend is in the Alpha for a game called Forest, I believe? Not sure if it's been moved into Beta yet, but anyway, it's kick ass. You pretty much just start the game in the middle of this forest on an island and these weird creatures try to kill you, etc. One of the things I like is that the monsters are actually kind of smart, and fast. They'll follow you, encircle you, team up..it's really ooky. Love! I also love Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines (VTMB) I wouldn't super call it horror, but it is macabre and awesome.

The Forest I've been wanting to play for quite a while, but I've never gotten around to it. Looks pretty decent for an early access game.

And VTMB is pretty good as well. Not really scary though.

PT is an amazing, short game! If ya haven't played it or seen game play of it, it's a must. Every play through is different one way or another. I love watching gameplay of horror games because I don't have the balls to play them myself. Lol

Reactions: SenorBanana1
Gemma536 said:
PT is an amazing, short game! If ya haven't played it or seen game play of it, it's a must. Every play through is different one way or another. I love watching gameplay of horror games because I don't have the balls to play them myself. Lol
I unfortunately don't have a PS4, but I saw gameplay and it looks fantastic.

Gemma536 said:
Five Days At Freddy's is a surprisingly scary game. It's extremely simple, but it takes basic fears and turns them into a fun time. There's also a part 2. Definitely worth watching/playing.

I couldn't even get past the first night so far. I noped out after I think it was Foxy popped up and I couldn't close the door. Didn't even let it finish, just straight exited the game like the wussy I am. :lol:

Reactions: RoseGranger
TittySprinkles said:
Gemma536 said:
Five Days At Freddy's is a surprisingly scary game. It's extremely simple, but it takes basic fears and turns them into a fun time. There's also a part 2. Definitely worth watching/playing.

I couldn't even get past the first night so far. I noped out after I think it was Foxy popped up and I couldn't close the door. Didn't even let it finish, just straight exited the game like the wussy I am. :lol:

Oh my gosh, Foxy is definitely the scariest character in the original game! I hated that guy!! IDK if you want to know how each robot works, but Foxy is the absolute worst because of how his rules work to survive him, lol

I downloaded the new HD remaster of the Resident Evil remake. Such a great game, even now. It seems to be doing pretty well both in terms of sales and reviews, so I'm really hoping this convinces Capcom to finally give us that Resident Evil 2 remake that was rumoured after this one came out on GameCube first time around. If they bundled it with the original RE2 and all the playable stuff left over from Resident Evil 1.5, that would be the best thing ever, save maybe for an end to world hunger and the cure for cancer.

Nothing seems to keep my attention lately but Binding of Issac: Rebirth (I'm counting it as horror because honestly, some of it is nightmare inducing). Been searching for good horror games like mad for the past week or so... nothing is really calling out to me!

I've tried most of the big ones, besides RE:4 (it's on my list but... ugh... zombie games? Not interested.), Amnesia (which I've seen so many LPs of I'm not sure it's worth a play-through at this point), and a few others here and there.

I'm really trying to get more into the indie horror scene...
Downloaded Ib, gonna give that a try.
Anyone else played Home? Pretty good. I should probably give it another playthrough or two, since it's been a while.
Interested in Neverending Nightmare but haven't played past the demo yet... worth it??
Heard good enough things about Among the Sleep, a horror game where you play as a toddler... actually, checking now that it's on sale on Steam, so I'm just gonna pick it up and try it!

Idk, guys... I just want something to really scare me!!!

Other weird quasi-horror games I'm interested in but haven't tried yet:
Darkest Dungeon ~ about the anguish of being an adventurer... the art style looks so interesting.
This War of Mine ~ play as civilians living in a besieged city during war... looks brutally depressing.
Sunless Sea ~ a Lovecraftian-esque exploration game, you are captain of a ship... not my usual kind of game but I'm really fascinated with the premise.

Meh. What do you guys think I should try next??

I can vouch for This War of Mine being super depressing, but some how equally addicting :shock:

edit: it should be noted if you're triggered by suicide watch out for TWoM. It's a thing that happens if the general moral gets too low.

Not sure if it's been posted yet but I really like Outlast (though it's really only good the first time you play it) and Silenthill 2.

Outlast is only like 10 dollars or something on Steam.

The Evil Withing and Dead Space are my last purchases. The sales guy recommended them so strongly that I bought them (I was there buying GTAV with Maya). They will be my first scary games. I'm already scared. I'm such a sissy for horror stuff. XD

I wanted to play Resident Evil so bad, but my parents didnt allow me to play videogames then (we stopped at megadrive!!!!). Maybe I'll try to lend a ps1 from a friend, people say its the best ever (have you ever felt nostalgic for things you never lived? o_O)

Status
Not open for further replies.