AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Midnight Movies and Horror Hosts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
Well, we're halfway through October, and now deep into Halloween season. So, here's a twist on the usual, "what's your favorite horror movie?" post I make.

Anyone else into the midnight movie/horror host format? It's one of my favorite traditional holdouts from old TV. It really suits my lack of attention span when it comes to watching shows, because there's a break in the movie every once in a while. It's really cool to see it still being carried on even today, thanks to livestreaming, and sites like Youtube. Anyone got favorites? Joe Bob? Elvira? Svengoolie? MST3k? Anyone watch the old cable host shows, like Up All Night, MonsterVision, or Reel Wild Cinema? Anyone know about (or even old enough to have watched) the OG local or regional hosts? Any fellow Vampira stans in the house?

I've spent some time this week trying to find what I can from the new school of horror hosts, who stream shows. Creature Features is awesome. They have the formula down perfectly. They do friday and saturday night livestreams!

Here's last night's show:

I just think it's so cool. If I was going to get into streaming or Youtubing, I think this is the kind of thing I'd do. I even think there'd be an opportunity for a more adult-oriented camgirl/camboy take on it.

Anyway, I thought I'd take an opportunity to gush a bit.

Also, as always, what scary movies are on your watch list this fall?

Havent watched any in a long time but I grew up watching a local show called "Creature Feature" that ran from 1973 to 1995, with a local host named Dr. Paul Bearer.
It was broadcast locally in the Tampa Bay, FL USA.

Dr. Paul Bearer:

dr-paul-bearer.jpg

We used to have a regular show on late-night TV when I lived in the UK (late 80's era) that was presented by Elvira Mistress of the Dark, showcasing really bad horror movies.
(By 'really bad' I mean terrible plots, acting and special effects, not gore).
There was usually a Holloween special edition of the show too.
It was always good for a laugh, and Elvira's corny but sexy intros were a big part of the appeal.
elvira.jpg

Reactions: zippypinhead
We used to have a regular show on late-night TV when I lived in the UK (late 80's era) that was presented by Elvira Mistress of the Dark, showcasing really bad horror movies.
(By 'really bad' I mean terrible plots, acting and special effects, not gore).
There was usually a Holloween special edition of the show too.
It was always good for a laugh, and Elvira's corny but sexy intros were a big part of the appeal.
View attachment 98077

God, I remember playing Elvira pinball machines when I went away on holiday as a kid ☺️

Shout! Factory has syndicated a few Elvira series over the last decade or two, and it seems like you can find them on pretty much every streaming platform. They're a lot of fun, and she's just as entertaining now as she's ever been. And freaking ageless!

Havent watched any in a long time but I grew up watching a local show called "Creature Feature" that ran from 1973 to 1995, with a local host named Dr. Paul Bearer.
It was broadcast locally in the Tampa Bay, FL USA.

Dr. Paul Bearer:

View attachment 98074

I was never lucky enough to live in a place with a great horror host.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Elvira and Joe Bob were my favorites.

Joe Bob: 13 titties, 3 rapes (probably would leave that count out now), 2 decaptitations, three stabbings and one amputated leg

Elvira was just stunning to look at, but everyone seems to forget about UP! All Night with Rhonda Shear.

Elvira and Joe Bob were my favorites.

Joe Bob: 13 titties, 3 rapes (probably would leave that count out now), 2 decaptitations, three stabbings and one amputated leg

Elvira was just stunning to look at, but everyone seems to forget about UP! All Night with Rhonda Shear.

Of course we can't forget Rhonda Shear! Or Gilbert Gottfried, for that matter.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Bedridden from an arthritic flare up. Fortunately, Fridays and Saturdays are great for live shows!

Tonight (Friday) is a Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs double-feature on Shudder (or AMC+)
Tomorrow, Creature Features on Youtube.

I haven't really watched any Last Drive-In up until now. Joe Bob has a cohost, Darcy the Mail Girl, and their chemistry is excellent.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Probably not horror, but I just started Wednesday on Netflix, and it's really good! Didn't expect to even like it, and also didn't realize it was Tim Burton.
It has inspired me to rewatch Hemlock Grove (if I can even find it anywhere that is).

I love Joe Bob but only discovered him when he showed up on Shudder. As a kid I'm not sure I watched any horror hosts unless you count Gilbert Gottfried on USA Up All Night.

My October watch list is:

Constantine, Carnival of Souls, Phenomena, Sharknado, Escape Room, Annabelle, Tenebre, Stoker, The Visit, Opera, Frankenstein, The Strangers, Talk to Me, The Medium, Halloween II, V/H/S 85, Pulse, Krampus, Werewolves Within, Lux Æterna, The Fog, Dead Ringers, Totally Killer, Halloween III: Season of the Witch, Dracula, The Boogeyman, The Purge: Anarchy, The Bride of Frankenstein, Zombie Flesh Eaters, The Pope's Exorcist, In the Tall Grass

I’m looking for a good horror flick and giving the new Pet Sematary franchise a chance. I love horror anthologies, but hate long voice overs, which is why I can’t watch the Fall of The House of Usher after 10 minutes.
Someone mentioned House of Usher to me last night and while I don't have Netflix reading The Fall of the House of Usher once was enough for me to know I wouldn't like a screen version. It's one of my favorite Poe works and I can't see it being accurate.

Much the same way AMC tried to modernize The Mayfair Witches. That's not how the story was written and it feels weird.

Reactions: Dan Epstein
Status
Not open for further replies.