AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

12 killed and 38 injured at Dark Knight Rises midnight show

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 12 killed and 38 injured at Dark Knight Rises midnight s

SoTxBob said:
SweepTheLeg said:
Are cats ever happy? Kittens maybe, but cats?

Yes, as a matter of fact. I've had happy cats most of my life... [with the exception of 2 that were just angry at everything and probably insane as well.]

How do I know they were happy you ask? :think:

I know BC they told me so... :-D
My avatar features a very happy old cat. lol

Reactions: SoTxBob

Happy or maniacal. We may never know. :mrgreen:

happy-cat---photo-of-the-day-7a021b649c14e7ea.jpg

Reactions: Rose and SoTxBob

Nordling said:
Happy or maniacal. We may never know. :mrgreen:

happy-cat---photo-of-the-day-7a021b649c14e7ea.jpg

LMAO.. That almost looks like a "hey! Who stole my junk" look... :laughing-rolling:

Reactions: Nordling

It's sucks that tragic event like this happens and starts a domino effect on everybody else, I had plenty of coworkers ask me about the movie and I told them they had to watch it ASAP and they tell me they are afraid of a shooting that's going to happen, which lead to tell them "you are only letting this jackass win by showing you are afraid to go to the movies"

bigsancho said:
It's sucks that tragic event like this happens and starts a domino effect on everybody else, I had plenty of coworkers ask me about the movie and I told them they had to watch it ASAP and they tell me they are afraid of a shooting that's going to happen, which lead to tell them "you are only letting this jackass win by showing you are afraid to go to the movies"
I understand your sentiment but comments like that don't make us any less afraid. I know the next time I go to a movie theater I am going to have awful cinematic images of the massacre in my imagination play out like a nightmare as I sit there in the dark. I'm just not ready for that yet.

i was working on streamate trying to do a gold show when one of the people who contributed came in and told me what happened. I felt horrible and kept saying how horrible it was but he kept going into more and more detail about how many people were shot children dying etc. unsurprisingly all boners were killed including mine and i got off shortly after.
so sad and horrific. I cant understand why anyone would do that.

Reactions: LadyLuna

Jaydenrainey said:
i was working on streamate trying to do a gold show when one of the people who contributed came in and told me what happened. I felt horrible and kept saying how horrible it was but he kept going into more and more detail about how many people were shot children dying etc. unsurprisingly all boners were killed including mine and i got off shortly after.
so sad and horrific. I cant understand why anyone would do that.
Yeah camsite chatrooms are not the place to discuss events like this. Someone came in the day of and was telling me I needed to take a "moment of silence" for the victims. Sweet and all, but sorry, MFC is the place we go to escape that awful reality, so we don't need to bring it up, buddy.

Hell, I thought it was annoying when people came on to MFC saying RIP Steve Jobs. So I can only imagine how I'd have felt if people wanted to discuss in graphic detail what all was coming out in what happened in Aurora when the girl is being all sexy on cam. Don't see people barging into the strip club yelling to turn off the music and turn on the national news, and there's a reason for that.

Not that I think he should get some sort of reduced sentence or anything (he shouldn't) but I have a hard time believing anyone who would shoot 50 odd strangers in a theater for no discernable reason, is not insane.

Reactions: Nordling

mynameisbob84 said:
Not that I think he should get some sort of reduced sentence or anything (he shouldn't) but I have a hard time believing anyone who would shoot 50 odd strangers in a theater for no discernable reason, is not insane.

He had his reasons. Some people vote republican, some people vote democrat, others pray to a 2,000 year old dead Jew, or a 2,500 happy fat dude. No matter how wrong your belief system might be, believing in it does not make you insane.

Holding a belief in various supernatural beings and events does not make you insane, true. Most people "cache" their various "faiths" and don't allow them to control their behavior in the empirical world. When someone ACTS, and murders people based on their interpretation of whatever their faith is, THEN they have lost control of their beliefs and are allowing them to crowd out their life in reality.

That's what I call insane.

along the lines of what Bocefish and mynameisbob84 were saying, I don't believe in any criminal case that is resolved with a "NOT GUILTY by reason of Insanity" , I believe these types of cases should have a "GUILTY by reason of Insanity" outcome and they be locked up in a sanitorium and not be released into the public ever again, If some psychologist/psychiatrist later deems them SANE then they should immediately be remanded to the criminal courts for incarceration in the nearest Federal Penitentiary for the remainder of the designated sentence for their crime. No freedom because they can "work" the system to try and be released free and clear because they read a book somewhere that lets them manipulate the system and basically escape punishment for their evil actions.
:twocents-02cents:

bud9752 said:
along the lines of what Bocefish and mynameisbob84 were saying, I don't believe in any criminal case that is resolved with a "NOT GUILTY by reason of Insanity" , I believe these types of cases should have a "GUILTY by reason of Insanity" outcome and they be locked up in a sanitorium and not be released into the public ever again, If some psychologist/psychiatrist later deems them SANE then they should immediately be remanded to the criminal courts for incarceration in the nearest Federal Penitentiary for the remainder of the designated sentence for their crime. No freedom because they can "work" the system to try and be released free and clear because they read a book somewhere that lets them manipulate the system and basically escape punishment for their evil actions.
:twocents-02cents:

Criminally insane people are committed to the hospital. They don't get to manipulate the system and get out. If they are deemed sane, they don't just get to get up, say 'Have a nice life.' and walk back out into the world like nothing ever happened.

Shaun__ said:
I think this is a good idea.

E5bMR.jpg
Sideshow Bob is a criminal mastermind and pretty close to a super-villain heh.

AllisonWilder said:
Criminally insane people are committed to the hospital. They don't get to manipulate the system and get out. If they are deemed sane, they don't just get to get up, say 'Have a nice life.' and walk back out into the world like nothing ever happened.

While I can't think of any cases in this country, look into the the case of Issei Sagawa. He killed a woman and then ate pieces of her body, tried to dispose of the rest of it in a river and got caught in the process.
He murdered her in 1981 and has been a free man since 1986 when he checked himself out of the mental institution.

NoelleBright said:
AllisonWilder said:

While I can't think of any cases in this country, look into the the case of Issei Sagawa. He killed a woman and then ate pieces of her body, tried to dispose of the rest of it in a river and got caught in the process.
He murdered her in 1981 and has been a free man since 1986 when he checked himself out of the mental institution.

Well, did he recover or what? We can safely assume that people like this fucknuckle and the one in Norway are not going to be able to get out for a couple decades if at all. In Australia, there are a couple of occasions were release of a person was deemed an unacceptable risk, so legislation only covering that person was created to ensure that would never be released.

Red7227 said:
NoelleBright said:
AllisonWilder said:

Well, did he recover or what. We can safely assume that people like this fucknuckle and the one in Norway are not going to be able to get out for a couple decades if at all. In Australia, there are a couple of occasions werte release of a person was deemed an unacceptable risk, so legislation only covering that person was created to ensure that would never be released.

LOL are you kidding me?! I just don't think you can "recover" from the urge to kill and eat other human beings. He won't ever NOT want to do it, it's a question of whether or not he will give into his urges. Also even if he did "recover" how would 5 years even be a remotely reasonable sentence?

It's obvious he's just as insane as ever if you want any of his interviews or documentaries.

I never assumed that James Holmes could get out, I know he never will. I was just pointing out that there are cases in general where this happens.

Maybe it's silly, maybe I'm just naive, but I believe I would drive myself insane always thinking a massacre, a terrorist attack, and so forth was going to happen on every live event that I went to. That's the risk I accept, but I refuse to live my life in paranoia and fear.

I am not against being prepared, like having a flashlight on you or other tools that is a good idea, or knowing where emergency exits or a safe route to take when you are in said place if something was to happen. But to avoid activities, events in its entirety and living your life as that's the day something horrific is going to happen is a waste of a life.

SweepTheLeg said:
Maybe it's silly, maybe I'm just naive, but I believe I would drive myself insane always thinking a massacre, a terrorist attack, and so forth was going to happen on every live event that I went to. That's the risk I accept, but I refuse to live my life in paranoia and fear.

I am not against being prepared, like having a flashlight on you or other tools that is a good idea, or knowing where emergency exits or a safe route to take when you are in said place if something was to happen. But to avoid activities, events in its entirety and living your life as that's the day something horrific is going to happen is a waste of a life.
Agree. I had a friend years ago who thought that way...always worried about "them." In a restaurant, he always insisted that HE get the seat that allowed him to have his back to the wall. He thought he was special, I guess, since that meant that the rest of us had our backs to the door. :) When several of us were entering a building, he always insisted he be the LAST man in. His constant paranoia finally made me drop him as a friend. Reasonable readiness is one thing but constantly worrying about "bad people" is a little loony I think.

There's a big difference between being alert and aware and being paranoid. It's just basic common sense to be aware of your surroundings instead of being oblivious... after a while it just becomes second nature.

I am just going by the link you said where he is avoiding attending midnight showings, the olympics, and would rather go to a San Diego Padres game because it's only half full at best where a New York Yankee Stadium would be packed. That to me is paranoia- Avoiding events and places in the belief that a terrorist attack is going to happen.

Nordling said:
Agree. I had a friend years ago who thought that way...always worried about "them." In a restaurant, he always insisted that HE get the seat that allowed him to have his back to the wall. He thought he was special, I guess, since that meant that the rest of us had our backs to the door. :) When several of us were entering a building, he always insisted he be the LAST man in. His constant paranoia finally made me drop him as a friend. Reasonable readiness is one thing but constantly worrying about "bad people" is a little loony I think.

But that is what spys do in all the books and movies. He was just pretending he was one of them. I avoid streets with bars in them around closing, and catching public transport at night if I'm going somewhere out of the way. That is about the limit of my paranoia.

:roll: Here come the bottom feeding lawyers and their clients trying to blame the movie...

A Colorado man who survived Friday’s “Dark Knight Rises” tragedy is blaming Warner Bros. for a massacre that traumatized him and left his friend dead.

Torrence Brown, Jr. plans to sue Warner Bros., the Century 16 theater, and even shooting suspect James Holmes’ doctors over the trauma he endured, TMZ reported Tuesday.

0723-torrence-lawsuit-james-holmes-article-3.jpg

Brown’s attorney Donald Karpel blamed Warner Bros. for dramatizing violence that Holmes mimicked, TMZ reported. The moviegoers were particularly helpless because they assumed Holmes was part of the show, the lawyer pointed out.

Read more... http://www.businessinsider.com/first-la ... z21ZBtLNbd

@Noelle - I really had no idea about that case, but I'd hope that in the last 20 years or so they'd have figured out a way to prevent things like that from happening. (I really hope because that's terrifying!)

Bocefish said:
:roll: Here come the bottom feeding lawyers and their clients trying to blame the movie...

A Colorado man who survived Friday’s “Dark Knight Rises” tragedy is blaming Warner Bros. for a massacre that traumatized him and left his friend dead.

Torrence Brown, Jr. plans to sue Warner Bros., the Century 16 theater, and even shooting suspect James Holmes’ doctors over the trauma he endured, TMZ reported Tuesday.

0723-torrence-lawsuit-james-holmes-article-3.jpg

Brown’s attorney Donald Karpel blamed Warner Bros. for dramatizing violence that Holmes mimicked, TMZ reported. The moviegoers were particularly helpless because they assumed Holmes was part of the show, the lawyer pointed out.

Read more... http://www.businessinsider.com/first-la ... z21ZBtLNbd

I totally get why suing the theater and his doctors is wrong, but who should pay for all this? Who should foot the bill for all the damages? (And yes, I know the answer should be the shooter, but it's highly unlikely that he'll have anything to be sued for.)

AllisonWilder said:
I totally get why suing the theater and his doctors is wrong, but who should pay for all this? Who should foot the bill for all the damages? (And yes, I know the answer should be the shooter, but it's highly unlikely that he'll have anything to be sued for.)

Just because they can afford it doesn't mean they should be held liable. I think Warner Bros. all ready donated 2 million to the victim fund anyway.

If anyone is going to pay for it, it should be the movie theater. They're the one who one way or another let a fully loaded man into their theater. I will defend WB and all forms of media of the "dramatizing violence" as the source and cause of violence until the day I die.

Status
Not open for further replies.