AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

12 killed and 38 injured at Dark Knight Rises midnight show

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 12 killed and 38 injured at Dark Knight Rises midnight s

You Can't Get There From Here!​

I had thought to title it. It made perfect sense because it is how I feel about trying to make sense of this event or any of the others like it that have ever taken place or ever will. It is also how I felt about making that point in a brief camstory post after thinking about it for two or three days.

Well I still feel the same about trying to answer this great sadness with increased theater security, or anything else. YOU CAN'T GET THERE FROM HERE! But I have found a way to make my point with out explaining the hell out of it from the ghet'. Copy and paste from a PM sent without 2 days thought involved.

Yes I am doing well. Struggling with a post I want to make, but I just can't figure a way to make it brief. I want to post my strong feelings that all the discussion about what might have made the 12 dead in CO. not possible as wasted time. I don't want to dismiss the fact that much of what is being said has relevance in a general way, but this one event has no answer, other than CRAZY!!! You know everyone wants to solve this. Wants to find rational answers that will prevent it in the future. It is my opinion that there are no answers. Crazy happens, and will happen again, and the best we can do is hope we or our loved one's are not caught up in it. And focus our energy on doing the most humane job of dealing with the aftermath as we can. (Something I think could be improved bunches, and something we have some control over.) We think we should be able to have answers for everything. We have to be willing to admit there are some things we just can't answer. Crazy has no answer, and only one explanation, "CRAZY"

PS I have long thought out explanations for the reasons I feel these things, and in an effort to preempt any debate we me over whether or not crazy fits here - check yourself, save the key strokes, I wont personally join into any discussion of clinical sanity, state of mind, premeditation, competency to stand trial, or any other such bull shit, with anyone who refuses to see this event as CRAZY!

Check... pigeon hole labeled "crazy" indeed.... :?

Thanks for keeping it somewhat brief and to the point Camstory. :)

However, I respectfully disagree. There were clues and signs prior to this just as there were with similar prior mass murders. Signs were missed and we CAN learn from this horrible tragedy. After Columbine, there's been several incidents where students overheard little tidbits here and there which they reported instead of blowing off that resulted in saving countless lives.

The signs from this latest massacre are just coming to light, but they were there. Even if we learn just one little thing that may help prevent a future similar incident, it's worth doing everything possible. To dismiss it as simply CRAZY doesn't help anyone and disrespects those that lost their life or those that will be forever changed by this deranged individual's actions.

Not sure if anyone else noticed in the coward's first court appearance, but his pupils were as big as marbles. He was most certainly on some sort of medication.

SoTxBob said:
Check... pigeon hole labeled "crazy" indeed.... :?
yes pigeon hole it - explain it away, b/c to waste fine fuel for the fire and say crazy happens and lets see if we can find any pre cursors that may help us predict it, and how can we not sensationalize it to the extrema detriment of the survivors, would just be silly. forget "kind" when there are advertising $ to consider.

i am not sure if you are poking fun at me for pigeon holing this as crazy, but if that is what it is, so be it, that we don't spend all our time rehashing what can not be prevented. yes there are measures we could take to keep this exact same thing from happening again, but its like plugging holes in a sponge, crazy is going to come thorough somewhere.

That is not to say I think we should simply do a head count and as long as all ours are OK, go about our business as if it never happened. I think close examination of what came together in advance, that which lead up to crazy is very relevant. (I am afraid predicting such things might prove as tough as predicting earth quakes, but no reason not to pursue it.) I do not however see that, as what is being done here, for the most part, and absolutely mostly not what is being done in the U.S. world of media driven info spectacularizing. So yes, rather than see it being splashed gleefully across the air waves, and tangled throughout the interwebs, - these drama filled reenactments of the event itself, I personally would rather see them pigeon holed, and if we fill the pigeon hole, fuck em, let them sleep on bus stop benches, they will have less commute time.

P.S. Started this post after Bob's but before boce's, but think this covers both. Have been involved for the last two hours in the re-capture of a car stolen from IFO the house I am house sitting. It was a bit of an adrenalin rush that involved freeway speeds in excess of 100 mph. I may post details after posting to juice thread, if it seems still interesting. the excitement of a personal drama often turns out to be one of those "you would have to been there" things. But it feels very interesting right now!

Reactions: SoTxBob

Well, since our chatter on this forum will have no affect on the outcome of the trial, I think we're all free to say what we think. I think Cams is correct, this guy is crazy. I also believe he's a danger to himself, other people and life in general, and should never be allowed to walk free again.

"Crazy" is a funny thing...and I don't mean ha ha funny. Psychs don't use it or even "insane" generally, because crazy is many things, sometimes harmless, sometimes dangerous, sometimes just annoying. Us lay people need a way to refer to people who simply "aren't right," and crazy works. Especially when the particular kind of crazy is evil, such as this shooter.

I also think Michelle Bachman is crazy. She's not harmless but she's not a direct, mass murderer either. I say this not because of her party affiliation, after all, her colleagues in the GOP are finally, recently starting to say the same about her. But to me, it was kind of obvious all along, and it says something odd about our society that the good people of her district elected her--twice! even after being able to see her in action.

Sorry about the digression but I just felt that something needed to be said for CRAZY, other than pigeon holing it as a mere method of getting out of responsibility.

P.S. Started this post after Bob's but before boce's, but think this covers both. Have been involved for the last two hours in the re-capture of a car stolen from IFO the house I am house sitting. It was a bit of an adrenalin rush that involved freeway speeds in excess of 100 mph. I may post details after posting to juice thread, if it seems still interesting. the excitement of a personal drama often turns out to be one of those "you would have to been there" things. But it feels very interesting right now!

Really?

In this thread?

Nordling said:
I also think Michelle Bachman is crazy. She's not harmless but she's not a direct, mass murderer either. I say this not because of her party affiliation, after all, her colleagues in the GOP are finally, recently starting to say the same about her. But to me, it was kind of obvious all along, and it says something odd about our society that the good people of her district elected her--twice! even after being able to see her in action.

Sorry about the digression but I just felt that something needed to be said for CRAZY, other than pigeon holing it as a mere method of getting out of responsibility.

You are not sorry one bit!

You are, however, a pathetic, disrespectful moron.

Bocefish said:
Nordling said:

What are you drinking tonight?

Bocefish said:

Really?

In this thread?
that too would be crazy i think. And yes, it is the old school crazy i was going for, and know it fails greatly as a proper term to describe any mental maladies, except in the most general way.

Bocefish said:
Nordling said:

I think you may be right about Nordling not being sorry, but beyond that I think your statement is just plain wrong. Perhaps even angry with a dash of crazy.

Precisely Cams. No reason to be sorry really...just said that as a courtesy...a figure of speech.

Not sure what I was disrespecting, but thank you for understanding. :)

Nordling said:

LOL! I wonder if Bocefish is one of those pissy drunk guys you see in karaoke bars trying to sing Neil Diamond songs. :lol:

Bocefish said:

Oh, the irony.....

The_Brown_Fox said:
Nordling said:

LOL! I wonder if Bocefish is one of those pissy drunk guys you see in karaoke bars trying to sing Neil Diamond songs. :lol:

Bocefish said:

Oh, the irony.....
Ha ha! Someone really needs to tell him that rubbing alcohol is not a good drink...even when mixed with fruit juice. :)

[quote="Just Me"
When I can no longer afford to see a movie because of the added costs involved in accounting for every possible contingency up to and including Armageddon, I know who to blame. :lol: There is such a thing as criminal negligence and this does not even come close. Do you really want TSA type security at every business or event that is open to the public?[/quote]

The price of going to the movies have been steadily going up on their own the past few years anyway with no added luxury, add to the extra price for seeing a movie in 3D- I choose to watch movies on the Ultra Screen at my movie theater-bigger screens make me happy but every movie that is on the ultra screen is always the 3D version so I am already paying enough at the theater where I have to question myself how badly I want to see that movie.

Ho Hum, another argument for pirating movies.

SweepTheLeg said:
The price of going to the movies have been steadily going up on their own the past few years anyway with no added luxury, add to the extra price for seeing a movie in 3D- I choose to watch movies on the Ultra Screen at my movie theater-bigger screens make me happy but every movie that is on the ultra screen is always the 3D version so I am already paying enough at the theater where I have to question myself how badly I want to see that movie.

Ho Hum, another argument for pirating movies.

Mom likes to wait for movies to come out on Redbox, since it's only $1. But she sure love seeing her Tyler Perry movies when they first come out in the theaters...LOL.

Reactions: Nordling

This thread is just getting silly now. Maybe we should just skip the commentary on other happenings/people and slinging insults in favor of just sticking to the original topic.

It appears that James Holmes was charged with 24 counts of first-degree murder and 116 counts of attempted murder on 07/30/2012.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...murder-in-aurora-colo-movie-theater-massacre/

Nordling said:
Bocefish said:
Nordling said:

You didn't say that because of her party affiliation?

Sorry about the digression but

Degenerating this thread to take cheap shots, injecting political aspersers along with personal non-relevant drama... is being pathetic, disrepectful, and moronic.

What else is new.

Bocefish said:
Nordling said:
Bocefish said:
Nordling said:

You didn't say that because of her party affiliation?

Sorry about the digression but

Degenerating this thread to take cheap shots, injecting political aspersers along with personal non-relevant drama... is being pathetic, disrepectful, and moronic.

What else is new.
I take it, it took you two days to come up with a retort? No, it was NOT political, I even said as much in my post. There are office holders who, regardless of party, should not be dog catchers. Michele Bachman just happens to be a classic example... What I was attempting to do was discuss insanity/crazy... with Camstory, and how it's definitely a valid label for some people who commit horrendous crimes, but that not all crazy is that extreme.

Seemed obvious to me, which is why I suggested you may have been under the influence of something, or just tired, perhaps.

Reactions: 1 person

Bocefish said:
Political opinions injected to such a serious subject was out of line.
It wasn't a political opinion. I could have used Charlie Sheen just as easily as an example except his crazy may be temporary.

As far as disrupting the thread, if you had discussed what was actually being said, instead of jumping onto what you shallowly spotted and made witless assumptions about, then the thread could have continued just fine, but you put your personal anger above your OWN respect.

It wasn't a political opinion. I could have used Charlie Sheen just as easily as an example except his crazy may be temporary.

You knew exactly what you were doing.

I'm done with this nonsense and stand by what I said.

Bocefish said:

You knew exactly what you were doing.

I'm done with this nonsense and stand by what I said.
Stand by whatever bullshit you want. No one can determine that but you.

But here's an idea, you post in the manner you want and allow everyone else the same right. If you disagree with the content of a post, argue your ass off, fine. But do NOT attempt to tell people HOW to post; it's not your place.

Reactions: 1 person

AllisonWilder said:
Moving this along again.

I find this interesting.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/31324092/detail.html
Agree. Makes one wonder if this is normal for all kinds of institutions and businesses... once someone leaves, no matter how dangerous they seem to the public the company, school, or institution simply pretends they don't exist.

Scary.

Nordling said:
AllisonWilder said:
Moving this along again.

I find this interesting.
Agree. Makes one wonder if this is normal for all kinds of institutions and businesses... once someone leaves, no matter how dangerous they seem to the public the company, school, or institution simply pretends they don't exist.

Scary.

Scary indeed! The lawyers can legal speak all they want. As a professional shrink, once somebody earns a spot on their threat assessment list... I would assume it's their responsibility to follow through regardless if the patient drops out of school.

Bocefish said:
Nordling said:
AllisonWilder said:
Moving this along again.

I find this interesting.

Scary.

Scary indeed! The lawyers can legal speak all they want. As a professional shrink, once somebody earns a spot on their threat assessment list... I would assume it's their responsibility to follow through regardless if the patient drops out of school.

I hate how people are shirking their responsibility here to save face. The only reason there was no follow through here was because the shrink either didn't care, wasn't competent or was being lazy.

Even if it's not technically their responsibility, I would think that ethically it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.