AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favourite Live Perfomances, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Anglais
Here be a thread where you can link the world (or at least this small corner of it) to clips of your favourite musicians being all awesome and shit on stage, through the medium of YouTube!

I'll start...

This is Fleetwood Mac performing "The Chain" on the L.A leg of their 1982 Mirage Tour (Mirage, for the record, is yet another in a long line of under-rated Mac albums that aren't called Rumours).
There's so much to love about this performance - Lindsey Buckhingham, high as all fuck and dressed like a twat, the many strange and scary faces of Mick Fleetwood, the quiet dignity of Christine McVie as she plays her part in this absurd musical theatre with unflinching professionalism - it's like a snaphot of everything that made the Mac great.
For the most part, Stevie Nicks is a spectator here. But that's not to say she's not at the heart of it all. I always thought of Nicks as Buckhingham's muse. He was always at his best when he was reacting to Stevie - be it her mere existence, her lyrics, her songs, his love for her, his hatred for her, his seeming need to upstage her wherever and whenever possible - and you get a real sense of that here. Every sideways glance, every nod, every smile, every grimace, every minute interaction between the two of them is just fucking LOADED with history and meaning and emotion, and that spills over into the music as Lindsey does everything he can to put himself at the forefront of the performance and the rest of the band try to keep up with him.
And then it comes down to THAT bass line and THAT guitar solo... John McVie's bass on this song is perhaps the most identifiable moment in the recorded history of Fleetwood Mac and Buckingham's solo - my God, Buckhingham's solo - he may have been a complete cunt at this point in time (and by all accounts, he was) but he was also one of the most talented musicians to ever grace a stage. I would gladly sacrifice a bollock (either one) to be able to play guitar like Lindsey Buckingham.
It's not JUST a musical performance, it's a fucking, living, breathing diorama of the interpersonal relationships within the band - Stevie and Lindsey not knowing if they want to fuck or kill one another at any given moment, John and Chrsitine McVie reacting to everything around them with polite British stoicism, and Mick Fleetwood being... well, Mick Fleetwood. Who the fuck knows what was going on in Mick Fleetwood's head? Certainly not Mick Fleetwood.
By the end of it all, it's as if it's all too much for Stevie to handle and she just retreats into her own private world, holding onto that tambourine as if her life depended on it.
Which is not to suggest she was just some delicate wallflower...

This is "Rhiannon" being perfomed live on BBC's The Old Grey Whistle Test. If you don't get goosebumps watching this video beween 4:50 and 6:10, you have no soul. When Nicks really lets go, it's a sight and sound to behold. She laces every word with so much emotion that at one point (5:34), she's physically shaking. It's beautiful. And that exasperated wail she lets out at 5:54 is the aural equivalent of a post-sex cigarette. And hey, she EARNED that cigarette like a motherfucker.

K... your turn!

Reactions: Sevrin and bob
Bocefish said:
Hey yo, there now be a separate music & video sub-forum. K, thanks. :p
Lol he's the one who requested it, too. Moving it!

My favorite live performance ever was a band called The Chop Tops. I had never heard them before they opened for The Nekromantics and IMO they blew The Nekromantics out of the water!
I couldn't find a video to truly capture it. The bassist walks on his bass as well as the guitarist! It was so awesome to watch them both still playing while the guitar player was literally standing on the bass. these guys are just non stop energy! You can really feel how much fun they have and it's infectious.

I highly doubt anyone but me on on this board is into black metal, but if you do get into the genre, this is probably the best version of Mayhem's "Carnage" you'll ever see/hear. The album versions don't even compare to the live version:

Dimmu Borgir's live performance 'Kings of the Carnival Creation" at Ozzfest 2004 trumps the studio version in every way. Despite the boring San Antonio, TX crowd:

Slayer's performance of "Angel of Death" @ Ozzfest '96 is easily my favorite live version of it. This is when the band were still young and their live shows were still full of energy. If you see 'em live now, they barely move:

This, Roll on June 2012 when The Roses reform!

Gwar and Halloween has become one of the best traditions my best friend and I have enjoyed the past handful of years down in Milwaukee, but it's hard to describe what all goes on there to someone who's never been there before other than "Wear something shitty because it'll never look the same again" I tend to go with a white tshirt that now has a nice red brownish tint. The show they put on for only 18-20 bucks is incredible I have friends that don't care much for the music that will go just because of the show they put on. This medley video shows what primarily what will all happen at one of their concerts.

If there was a band I wish I could go back in time and see live though would have to be The Clash, the stuff I've read about the emotion the energy the connection between the crowd and the band everything.

Reactions: JordanBlack

One of the best bands

At the best festival in the world, just listen to that crowd, and the fireworks at the beginning of the breakdown

Just wow!

Bit more Glasto, this time The Boss!

Dir en grey - Amber

From their 2004 tour The Code of Vulgarism. Such a beautiful song, and the way Kyo, the singer emphasizes certain points is magical.

Thanks Bob! My favorite band has always been Fleetwood Mac and probably my favorite member is Christine...for her quiet, sweet, haunting vocals, and, like you said professionalism. Songbird is probably their most-often used ending song at concerts. :lol: I had to quit going to their concerts because I could only get seats up in the aerie, two miles away, seemingly where, even with binoculars, Stevie looked like a single pixel. lol

I saw the Mac a couple of years ago at Wembley Arena. No Christine McVie sadly (she seems to be done with music altogether these days) but it was an amazing show regardless. Buckingham's a bit of a musical hero of mine. Everything I've ever read of him suggests he's a bit of a tool but the dood's talent is undeniable :)

mynameisbob84 said:
I saw the Mac a couple of years ago at Wembley Arena. No Christine McVie sadly (she seems to be done with music altogether these days) but it was an amazing show regardless. Buckingham's a bit of a musical hero of mine. Everything I've ever read of him suggests he's a bit of a tool but the dood's talent is undeniable :)
Christine did a solo album a few years ago, but the songwriting, IMHO, was not up to her standard of performance. "In The Meantime."

I miss the classic years of the "guitar gods." I never saw this live but of Peter Green's performance, B.B. King once said: ""He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats."

Peter Green, founder of Fleetwood Mac, when he was with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers:

If you don't like this, give yer ears a clean :thumbleft:

So I was fiddling around on youtube today and I found memories of my raver days in San Francisco. My favorite rave ever was in 1995, "The Gathering". I took ecstasy for the first time as well as black gel acid (yikes!) and we danced all freaking night and OH MY did I have the time of my life. And here it is on youtube...I was there bb's!
:dance:

AND OMG! I also found DJ Dan James Brown Tribute!
I have seen him spin this very set at some ravey shindig in the SF Bay area back in the days of yore...(pre candy ravers 1995?) I used to have it on tape too, and of course lost it. I am soooo happy right now! Woot hoo!

X3f1S.gif

When Radiohead were good :thumbleft:

Oh, Janis. I'd always liked Janis Joplin, but I'd never seen/heard any of her live stuff before this weekend. Holy shit :-D She was incredible. Her live performances were fucking amazing. That voice... it always sounded good on record, but live, it was electrifyng, an out-of-control, wailing rasp, all blood-soaked notes and raw emotion.

(I like this one so much I might just rip off the guitar track for a song of my own :-D)

(This one's often spoken of in discussions of greatest ever live music performances, and rightfully so)

Status
Not open for further replies.