AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

FBI Virus

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got hit by a variant of this virus. Instead of the FBI it claimed it was from The State Dept. If you are unfamiliar with this virus, it locks your computer down and displays a message saying that The FBI, or the State Dept, has detected illegal activity on you computer and you need to pay a fine of $x on a green dot debit card to unlock your computer. Of course this is a scam.

The variant I got was an easy fix. Use safe mode last known good to start then run antivirus program. I have not had any problems since. I know others are not as lucky

I had this once! Only it wasn't an "FBI warning", it was the Metropolitan Police. Same thing though. It threatened to lock my computer unless I paid a fine. I can't remember exactly how i got rid of it but I do remember it was pretty easy to get rid of once I'd looked up how to do it on the googles.

Status
Not open for further replies.