AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Feeling discouraged

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelicks69

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 22, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
chaturbate.com
I've been on Chaturbate since October. Initially in the first week or so I did ok. It's taken 3 pay periods to build up 10000 tokens. I don't know what others are earning but this doesn't seem like much for 6 weeks of work 4 hours a day 5 days a week.

I know there will be slow times, but is it normal to have several hundred viewers in your room and not get a single tip? I can have a dozen blues and purples but they wont tip me. I make my money from pvts. Lately I've stopped getting them to so have dropped my rate back down to 18 tokens a minute.

Being a bigger girl and not really attractive I know it's not going to be easy. I have 3000 followers so far, I have twitter. I'm on ModelCentro (i trial subscriber), Skyprivate, Clips4sale, ManyVids, Elm. None of them are doing well I've sold two videos and had no skype shows. What am I doing wrong?

Is it because I"m not pretty? I don't wear makeup, because I don't know how to apply it :( (I end up looking like a clown). I"m getting some sex toys finally, and some lingerie soon. For now I don't have much to wear that's sexy just a g and a tank top. As I don't have much to offer sexually or physically, I lactate as my thing to get viewers and fans.

Lactating brings many viewers to my room but they don't tip, and they leave when I stop. I have lactating and many other nipple play and milk related options on my tip menu. No one ever requests and tips, just demands. They get to see my milk and lactating for free. How do I encourage people to tip?

Honestly....would spending money on sexy clothes and makeup make a difference? Should I keep trying or cut my losses and now and accept I'm not going to make money from this?

I'd really like to try a new camming site if someone can explain or mentor me on getting and keeping viewers in my room I would like to try MFC. I'm scared that since I don't get tips I wont do well there with all the rankings and what not. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I don't have easy answers for you, and im sorry you've had such a discouraging start. While i think its important to be realistic about our bodies and the niche's we occupy with them (I'm no fitness model, and I'm well aware that I wont fit that niche for example) I noticed you really don't feel confident in your skin, judging by this post. You mentioned you're bigger, and not really attractive. The thing is, attractiveness is totally in the eye of the beholder. YES there is a body type that is 'broadly appealing' to many people, and as a bigger girl you may not fit that catagory, however that does NOT mean you're not attractive.

Because im sort of on this weird cusp between average and bigger I often get miscatagorized as a BBW. And let me tell you something about men that love BBW women. They LIKE them that way. They are INCREDIBLY attracted to them. They get REALLY mad when im not their type or what they consider attractive.

The point being, I bet you are attractive. Your avatar doesnt show much on ehre but its absolutely striking. "As I don't have much to offer sexually or physically, I lactate as my thing to get viewers and fans." Reading this breaks my heart a little bit. And I want to tell you, if you believe this about yourself - if you believe you're unattractive, not worth spending money on.. THEY WILL TOO. you may not say it outloud, but it will come through.

I've seen a lot of posts where you seem really confused asking a lot of questions in a lot of different directions.. I would pick one thing, do that well.. move on to the next. You maybe spreading yourself very thinly, and im sure you'll get some technical advice on those subjects. It's also great that you've found a fetish thats working for you (at least as far as viewers go). I heard this said recently somewhere else on this forum - if you were selling cookies, you wouldnt give out free batches of cookies but you might give out free samples. it's a good way to think about teasing and how to go about encouraging tippers. Giving them a taste - with either a small look at it then verbally, and typing something about how excited its making you/how much you want to continue and we need 'x tippers of any amount" or "x tips of this amount" to continue may help.

However, I don't think any of these thigns, or buying sexy outfits or learning to apply make up properly (yes this does help on camera), will really do you much good until you can get comfortable in your own skin. That is, if you're presence on cam, and your attitude/confidence that you expressed in this post is indicitive of how you feel most days (like, im aware you might just be having a really bad day with your self image).But if the statements you made about your sexuality/attractiveness are things you believe on a regular basis, I think you need to fix that.

I know thats the most vague answer, and maybe the hardest thing to fix. And I think it takes time. And camming may not be the healthiest thing to boost your confidence for this.. it may make you feel worse, depending on how you interpret slowness/bad days. But I really think this might be the root of some of your struggles.

I hope you can figure out a way to make this work :) Your avatar is beautiful! Don't forget to include your links here On acf so we can check you out!

I suppose I wouldn't mind the slow days so much if I felt like I was appreciated. No one seems interested in chatting to me, and the demands from greys start to get annoying after a while. I suppose it was the guys I had modding for me yesterday and today there were saying how unusual it is to have so many viewers and no one tipping. Especially with so many colors that were there. I've been on several times now for 3-4 hours where I haven't gotten a single tip or pvt. That's when I get down on myself thinking that it's something people don't like about me.

I ask for tips I offer to do things, I set goals, but nothing is encouraging people to tip. In the end I feel like I take my clothes off only to get viwers in my room. In the last month I haven't played with myself or cum at all while camming....i never get enough tips to even start a proper show. People who take my pvt get to see stuff, but I don't get many pvts. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. I feel like I'm giving it all away for free so i put clothes on, then people complain that i'm doing nothing.

I wish there was something fun I could do to keep people entertained, but literally all i can think of is playing with my boobs and lactating. I'm boring! But as you said putting on makeup and getting nice clothes wont make a difference it people just don't like my attitude. I'm friendly but after 30 minutes I get boring....if no one in my room is talking I don't know what to do. I seem to spend more time trying to keep up with pm's. I can't find anyone that knows what they're actually doing to mod for me. Just these young guys that put heaps of gifs up that drives people away, I know there's lots I'm doing wrong, but without someone to give feedback I just feel like I'm floundering.

I just don't think Chaturbate is right for me. I'd rather be somewhere that caters to fetish. Not that I know anything about fetishes, I'd love to learn bdsm and stuff, but don't know where to start.

I love what @Miss_Lollipop said, and I wanted to add one more thing...

Have you considered cutting back on the lactating aspect of your show? I understand you are getting many viewers, but you could have them for the wrong reasons.

Lactation is a fringe fetish. Of the hundreds of viewers you have, most are probably there because of how unusual your show is, not because they enjoy it. You could offer this show as an option, but I wouldn't make it into the focus of your room.

This is related to the core problem which is what @Miss_Lollipop said... if you feel you have nothing else to offer, then lactation. Try to find your sensuality inside of you and to use your body in other ways.

I honestly have no other ideas of what to do. I dont think I shoupd be masturbating unless the goal has been reached. My goals never get reached. To keep viewers I was either giving a free show or lactating. Now I turn turn the camera off after 4 hours if I havent gotten any tips. I have one vibrator atm, I've tried various goals and rewards but nothing encourages tips.
Am I charging too much? Is 150 to squirt too much? because i can only do it once people arent interested. what about setting a repeating goal? 50 to make me cum? None of these are working for me.what can i do to make it more about them tipping to make me enjoy myself? Tips turn me on, demands dont.
I try to get ideas from watching other models, but im doing most of what they are. Maybe im not sexually daring enough. I thought selling my anal virginity would be a good gimmick but i must have priced it too high. I feel like im not grasping this hidden system of what to charge. I feel likes theres just something im doing to put people off...if i knew what it was i could change it.

Have you considered trying a site other than Chaturbate? While I agree that being comfy in your skin is important... if you're a bigger girl (I'm a bigger girl, too)-- the token sites are a ROUGH place to start out. Consider trying Streammate-- they have a section specifically for BBW... and there are quite a few girls who do well there offering lactation shows-- just make sure you price yourself accordingly... quite literally "don't give the milk away for free".

For makeup.. check out tutorials on Youtube. Nikkie Tutorials offers excellent ones that are great for beginners. Don't be afraid of wearing too much makeup on cam. Makeup that looks quite heavy in person tends to look lighter on cam (often to my dismay, lol).

Most importantly-- don't sell yourself short for being a bigger girl. We are a niche in and of itself.. and trust me when I say that there are plenty of guys who enjoy bigger girls.

First off, big hugs!

I tried several sites when I started out and Chaturbate works for me, but it won't suit everyone. Try some other sites, maybe look into producing content on sites like ManyVids, clips4sale, ELM etc, find what works best for you.

I go through spells where I love doing something so much, then I'm bored. So I go between camming on CB, fetish chat on Niteflirt and making femdom videos from clips4sale. Find what makes you happy :h:

I made $400 last month with all my camming/vid sites combined. But generally I at least make enough to cover my bills if I budget well. I don't think being bigger has anything to do with it or make up. Different men like different things and beauty is a subjective thing.

I think everyone has slow periods. It will probably turn around though. It's the holiday's... not as many spending as much as usual and what not :)

Reactions: LaurenLovelace
demands from greys start to get annoying after a while.

If you click the gear icon in the chat box you can disable greys if they become to annoying. i know you probably don't want to do that because they may be the only traffic coming into your room, but if it's too much you can always do that. Or don't be afraid to kick individuals out!

people complain that i'm doing nothing.

They can complain all they want honey. Don't let them guilt you into doing free stuff, or things that should be tipped for. They are on a paying site to tip for services. This isn't a free show for them to control and dictate what you should be doing. If you lose these members, better on your end. You don't need a non tipper. You don't need someone to demand you to do something. And if they aren't fueling your room to get going, then they can leave your room too.

I think you would do VERY well on fetish based sites. Don't be fooled because you are a bigger girl that men will not pay for your services. There are plenty of guys who find BBW's sexy as hell. And the lactating and squirting those are things so many girls including myself! can't do! Some of my best nights are nights are am in minimal makeup. I'm a model who doesn't wear sexy lingerie either. This idea that all models are fit and wear lingerie is very vague. We're like a box of chocolate, different size, shape, texture, decorated, all made up of different yummy components catered to everyone.

Token sites might not be for you. On pay-per-minute sites, people have to pay for your shows.
I think you'll have more success on paid fetish sites, which hopefully leads to feelings of self worth and confidence. Good for you, good for your show, good for your customers.

Thanks for the replies....I'm far too scared to try fetish sites. I don't know anything about fetishes, I feel embarrassed asking what words and things mean. I didn't know what edging or rimming was. I'm very vanilla. I want to learn more but I really don't know where to start. I was hoping i could find some customers who wanted to purchase my kik and teach me some things. But all i get is constant message requests from strangers on kik. I gave up after a week trying to work out if any where from chaturbate.
I wouldn't be confident enough doing breast fetish stuff I don't know what that actually involves. On streamate Do you sit there fully clothed until someone takes you for pvt? So there is no free chat? Streamate seems to have very little traffic, how do you make money from 1 or two people in your room?
I do have a cam4 account, but I've never gotten tips there. Knowing what to charge is my biggest issue...no one wants to tip 25 tokens to remove clothing should it be 5? Is there a guide about what to charge anywhere? I've read the cam girl wiki over and over again and I"m still just not getting it. Probably time I cut my losses and gave up, I've clearly got not clue what I'm doing. I feel so useless with all of this stuff. I have so many unanswered questions, I'm trying to learn it all as I go.

You can check out models on streamate without signing up. My understanding is that SM has very high traffic, however people don't tend to hang out in free chat. There's a 'no nudity below the belt' rule in free chat so customers don't expect a free show and room numbers are low as people expect to take a model private and pay per minute.

First breathe, no really breathe. I'm reading your response and I understand you're upset with yourself, but you have to understand that there is so much information to grasp and learn to understand.

I was hoping i could find some customers who wanted to purchase my kik and teach me some things

I'm not going to say that members/customers don't have good help, but receiving feedback and help from a model will be much more helpful for you. I think you should take a step away from KiK for now and focus on running a good shift first. It just seems like you may be pulling out all the big guns and firing and not knowing what to do when you're missing shots.

On streamate Do you sit there fully clothed until someone takes you for pvt? So there is no free chat? Streamate seems to have very little traffic, how do you make money from 1 or two people in your room?

I work on SM. There is no below the belt nudity in free chat. You get paid to play. With SM, you set your rates by the denominations they set. There is a free chat/paid chat. A high room count is not necessarily needed for success on SM. How do I make money with one or two people in my room? They take me to a private session one on one. I don't need 50 people in my room. You're not sitting in free chat waiting to be tipped. You are sitting in free chat to be visible so a member who is interested will swoop you away and take you private.

I have so many unanswered questions, I'm trying to learn it all as I go.
What questions do you have? If you're more specific write them down and search for them in the search option in the upper right corner of this forum. If you're still unanswered with Google search, ACF search or just down right not getting the information on the FAQ pages on the website, ask here. There is so much helpful information on here and resources.

When I started on a brand new website, I thought I was super annoying asking all these questions, but the help is awesome on here. Seriously you're going to do a lot of reading and watching to be a successful model. You'll need to know the rules to cover the bases and cover your ass. You'll need to learn how to say NO. You'll need to learn how to say NO without being a bitch etc. There is a fetish for everything! And your ability to lactate and squirt is a hot commodity.

So some tips...
Read through terms of services for websites.
Research online about the website.
View models and how they operate their room.
Read some more.

You have gotten lots of good advice on this thread.
Camming isn't for everyone, in fact, it isn't for most people. The models on this forum, are far more successful that than the typical girl who tries camming. Now part of this is because they took the time, and effort to learn about how to become a better model. Good for you for doing this. It is important to realize that roughly 3/4 of all MFC model (not sure about other sites) quit camming within the first two to three months.
This forum has very few girls that fall into this category. "I tried camming; didn't make money/hated it/never got the hang of it." If they find ACF at all they make a couple of posts and then disappear.

Camming like most things is a combination of natural talent, knowledge, and experience. I'd say especially in tip based site like MFC, or CB luck is a big factor also.
I could read every book, spend hours in a batting cage, join baseball player forums, hire a private coach, but no matter what I did I'll never be a good baseball player. Best case I might not embarrass myself in a pickup softball game. I simply don't have any talent for baseball (or actually any sport that involves a ball)

Sounds like you've spent two months camming. You are also obviously intelligent, and open to learning. You certainly may want to try another site and it is entirely possible you'll do better.. I am also guessing that you don't have a lot of other great employment opportunities. But there is nothing wrong with deciding, hey I've tried this job and it isn't working for me. I don't believe that you only should do jobs you love, that's a luxury not many people get. However, if you don't enjoy the job AND you aren't making money, then quitting doesn't make you a bad person or a failure. Since most girls who try camming fail, it just makes you normal.

Camming isn't for everyone. If you feel like this about it.... I'm gonna have to be harsh and say... walk away.
It's hard, it's ruthless and no matter how much advice you receive... if you can't make it work it just won't happen. It's not about looks, it's about attitude and having a thick skin. And those are the kind of things that you either have or don't.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I'm one of those who never got the hang of it and ran away for a long long time ;) And I see in you a little of myself. I too am a bigger girl but too small to be a BBW and my biggest part is my stomach. I don't have much of a booty and I can't do any tricks like squirting ;)

But what has helped me... I'm getting back into it... Is
- reading model threads about proper cams and lighting. I also have studied film and even on Hollywood stars lighting is KEY. You would not believe how many bright lights are on actors for a night time scene until you see it.
- watching other larger women cams. This might feel weird at first. I search for things like BBW, fat or curvy on chaturbate and see how they interact with their room
- find the thing that makes me feel sexy. You mentioned you don't do makeup or have lingerie. But I do see you seem to have low confidence! Find something that does make you feel sexy. Some of my things are... Plumping lip gloss (clear), which makes my lips a little fuller... A warm sensual bath... Listening to Usher (lol) Do something like this or even just telling yourself how hot/pretty you are in the mirror off cam before broadcasting.
- and don't give everything away free if you're struggling

• Helpful!
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot and Gen
Also I doubt your makeup application looks like a clown. Don't be too hard on yourself. Practice makes perfect. I'm terrible at makeup but love playing with it and have gotten so much better. There are millions of makeup tutorials on YouTube and if you live in a city, it may be intimidating, but people in Mac, Sephora or dept. store makeup counters love helping you find what goes well with your skin and eyes. I've gotten lots of little tutorials and samples this way. :)

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.