AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Feeling Unsure of how to run a broadcast

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2017
Chaturbate Username
chrislongman93
I, being fairly new to broadcasting, am not in the CB limelight. I use tags, and this I assume is how the viewers that I have had so far have found me. I won't ask how to get more viewers or anything like that because I realize the reality of it. I am NEW and unknown.

What I would like to ask is how I should greet people when they come into my room? How do I flow into a conversation with these people, so that they feel like they have that connection which will cause them to be fans and tip? Do I start off doing things very cheap (not free because then they will expect it from me)? Also the games and apps, if I could get some insight on how to use them that would be great! Thank you in advance!

What I would like to ask is how I should greet people when they come into my room? How do I flow into a conversation with these people, so that they feel like they have that connection which will cause them to be fans and tip?

if being yourself doesn't work, it might not be the right line of work for you.

I don't really greet people unless they say something to me first. I find that people don't really like to be called out like that unless they initiate.

Don't sell yourself cheap just to attract people, because when you raise your prices, you'll likely lose those you attracted with a lower price. Price things how you think they're worth.

Token keno is a good app to start with.

Don't sell yourself cheap just to attract people, because when you raise your prices, you'll likely lose those you attracted with a lower price. Price things how you think they're worth.

Token keno is a good app to start with.
I can see how that prices should really be staying the same then! I think the best thing is to probably research and find out what typical prices are from the top models? I will look into what token keno is!

How do I flow into a conversation with these people, so that they feel like they have that connection which will cause them to be fans and tip?

Practice, practice, practice! Be yourself and try to keep the conversation going like you would talking to a friend in real life. It can be daunting talking to strangers and feeling the burden of keeping the room entertained. I struggle with it sometimes but the more I am on cam the easier it is.

That's my main issue. That is being able to get a conversation started!

You and me both, mate. One thing I've noticed that helps is I start musing to the room about life. My plans , stuff I'm interested in , food etc. Sometimes a member jumps on a topic. I try not to have too much "dead air" so to speak so I keep talking and/or teasing.

Right now on Chaturbate it can tend to be dead as hell , especially in smaller rooms but as your popularity grows you should get more regulars to come in and help with the room convo. Fingers crossed.

Listening to music helps too. Members tend to comment on the music I listen to, how they like the same artist/saw them in concert, people tend to join in.

Having things in the background, like posters, books, etc., that someone can comment on also helps.

I, being fairly new to broadcasting, am not in the CB limelight. I use tags, and this I assume is how the viewers that I have had so far have found me. I won't ask how to get more viewers or anything like that because I realize the reality of it. I am NEW and unknown.

What I would like to ask is how I should greet people when they come into my room? How do I flow into a conversation with these people, so that they feel like they have that connection which will cause them to be fans and tip? Do I start off doing things very cheap (not free because then they will expect it from me)? Also the games and apps, if I could get some insight on how to use them that would be great! Thank you in advance!

This takes some practice when you are new, especially if you are an introverted person.

The good news is... the more time you stay on cam and the more entertaining your feed is the more people will join in and it will be easier to keep the ball rolling.

Something that helps me is to keep props around. I like to do card games such as movie trivia or "would you rather" when I am feeling especially shy. I don't ask for tips to play, I simply start to read the cards aloud and comment on them. People join quickly if you are having fun with it.

Asking for opinions is a great conversation starter... I keep a box with jewelry, hair accessories and different eyeglasses close by. If I am having a hard time sparking conversation I will ask the room to help me pick which one looks best... This keeps me occupied trying different stuff on, I can do it sexily too, and gives people a chance to talk to me if they want to. You, being a guy, would have to find an alternative to jewelry :p

You can also tell a story even if it is made up about something that "happened to you the other day". Depending on how you are feeling that day you can make it a funny story, an endearing story, or something sexy. Just try to make the story interesting enough for people to want to follow it.

I Agree! The more I cam the more I feel comfortable engaging members...I try not to repeat myself with HIIII how are ya! but i am Italian +Hyper even when I say Hi to members and they leave I still feel bummed, but to make myself feel better I pretend they don't hear me Haha. I also find that alot of members like to chill for awhile before they contribute to some conversation so I would NEVER call a member out! Practice makes perfect! and some nights are better then others! I just TRY to stay positive!

I Agree! The more I cam the more I feel comfortable engaging members...I try not to repeat myself with HIIII how are ya! but i am Italian +Hyper even when I say Hi to members and they leave I still feel bummed, but to make myself feel better I pretend they don't hear me Haha. I also find that alot of members like to chill for awhile before they contribute to some conversation so I would NEVER call a member out! Practice makes perfect! and some nights are better then others! I just TRY to stay positive!
So it sounds like I just need to sit there and do nothing until my members initiate conversation or something else themselves. I do not want to give stuff away for free. I am actually going to start going on fully clothed and take NOTHING off until I am tipped to do so!

So it sounds like I just need to sit there and do nothing until my members initiate conversation or something else themselves. I do not want to give stuff away for free. I am actually going to start going on fully clothed and take NOTHING off until I am tipped to do so!
No not at all....I don't think I gave that impression if i did i apologize....I will TRY to engage them by saying hello or asking opinions about what I have on or anything random...I never give anything away for free and my regulars would probably drop dead if they saw sitting there quietly naked lol

Nah, the idea is to already be doing something interesting when they come in. That's what gets them interested enough to hopefully stay to engage with, and ideally pay you. So figure out what you can do to maintain an entertaining environment without feeling like you're giving too much away.

No not at all....I don't think I gave that impression if i did i apologize....I will TRY to engage them by saying hello or asking opinions about what I have on or anything random...I never give anything away for free and my regulars would probably drop dead if they saw sitting there quietly naked lol
Doesn't saying hello go right back to calling them out?
Nah, the idea is to already be doing something interesting when they come in. That's what gets them interested enough to hopefully stay to engage with, and ideally pay you. So figure out what you can do to maintain an entertaining environment without feeling like you're giving too much away.
That will be the difficult part. Entertaining but not revealing anything.

I say Hello in a general way ...like I am talking to the whole room....I would not mention screen names..EX) How's everyone's Night going?

Reactions: Zana
I don't know if this has been said, but I talk about myself and my experiences and interests until someone jumps into the conversation. I just act like I'm public speaking to a silent audience. Granted, I actually like public speaking so this works for me.

• Helpful!
Reactions: chrislongman93
I don't know if this has been said, but I talk about myself and my experiences and interests until someone jumps into the conversation. I just act like I'm public speaking to a silent audience. Granted, I actually like public speaking so this works for me.
I just don't feel like I even know what to talk about stuff in a public speaking manner like you mentioned here.

I just don't feel like I even know what to talk about stuff in a public speaking manner like you mentioned here.

What are your interests? You can talk about things that make your eyes light up. They don't have to be sexual, just talking will help keep people interested and in your room.

Have you watched other cam performers to get an idea of how their broadcasts go?

I dont feel like I belong in another room being a broadcaster and I don't want to copy anyone

Why do you feel like you don't belong? As long as you are not entering rooms under a model account, I think you're fine. If you are worried about being a freeloader, get some tokens and show your appreciation.

It's not about copying another performer's exact style, it's about seeing in general how different models go about handling a room. I think watching performances and experiencing camming from the consumer's perspective is one of the best things you can do as far as research and learning goes. Watch busy rooms, slow rooms, top rooms, and rooms with no one in them. Watch broadcasts from beginning to end. Actively watch a model and ask yourself what you think is interesting and engaging to see, and what doesn't seem to work.

By doing this, you can carve out for yourself a unique style that makes you and your room happy.

Why do you feel like you don't belong? As long as you are not entering rooms under a model account, I think you're fine. If you are worried about being a freeloader, get some tokens and show your appreciation.
I think you just said what I meant lol, sometimes I do enter a room but if I tip it has to be under a model account because I can't afford to buy tokens. I can only tip a little out of the few I have earned. At the same time I don't like the idea of watching someone else's show when I'm logged in under my only account. I don't advertise but I still don't feel it's right. All someone has to do is click that name, "oh he's a broadcaster. I think I'll follow and check him out on his next show!" It comes right down to not wanting to do ANYTHING to steal away someone's client.

Status
Not open for further replies.