AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fighting Games vs FPS vs RPGs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeeeeesus

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 6, 2010
The world is full of games. Which fundamental style do you find yourself playing and enjoying more?

I'm more of an RPG lover myself. I love the emotion, drama and humour in RPGs.

Not much of a FPS fan, I'm rubbish at them!

Fighting games are okay. I used to be hooked on Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 2 back in the day.

I do like the odd platformer though. I was a total Mario fangirl when I was little!

What kinds of FPS? I myself grew up on silly pre-pentium computer games such as Quake and Prince of Persia so both fighting games and FPS are my friend. Since I'm a D&D nerd though I recently started getting into RPGs but there are only a few that I would consider amazingly done:

1. Fallout 3 - in-fucking-genious.
2. Final Fantasy X

Those qualify on my private list of top-notch RPGs. Otherwise it's all about FPS - everything from the almighty Halo to the Left4Deads, Team Fortress, UT, Half-Life etc etc etc etc

Oh yeah and the only fighting game I really know well is SoulCalibur... the other day some kid decided to play me in Street Fighter (not sure which version) from our modded Xbox and I've never played that game before but I kicked his ass with Cammy :p

Lets see, I also enjoy MMORPGS. I began playing Doom and Shadow Warrior on my first PC then eventually moved to Ultima Online (MMORPG) and Infantry Online, both are birdseye views, something I havent found in any other PVP game.

From there I just moved on to purely FPS with the occasional UO bout every now and then. I am obsessed with Halo, I am in the middle of the Reach beta atm.
If you are really Halo crazy then you can understand my anger here.
I was on a killing frenzy yesterday in the beta, was 13-0, then someone d/c or host migrated. When it gets back, I'm back to raping, I get 2 kills, no running riot, Im like WTF?, I get 3 more kills, KILLING SPREE, Im really like wtf? , I go the entire game 25-0 and dont get a perfection, or anything better than a killing frenzy. Should I report it?

Lets play a FPS Cherry :p

I played FPS games for years (Quake 1,2,3; CS, CS:S, TF2) Until I found WoW about 5 years ago. This is the only MMORPG I have taken seriously. I still play FPS games on occasion.

For me it's usually storyline and gameplay over graphics. So of course, normally RPG's.

That and I generally dislike any game that makes it feel like real combat. I like things to be obviously unreal. I want to relax and enjoy, not be put in a tense fighting position. It's why I still like Halo even though it's a FPS.

RPGs. I love a good story, and RPGs TEND to have better stories than the others you listed.

Can't stand FPS. Fighters are good for letting off steam. Though I do play Brawl frequently.

Talk about your impossible questions. I have loved so many games of all types except mmorpg's I have never had the patience to level up properly. I think that the game design and controls are most important. For example I loved the early NES and SuperNES Metriod games which were platformers but I also loved the Metriod prime series which were FPS. Both had the exploration and discovery objective and open world maps. The format did't matter.

I'd have to rank them:

RPGs > fighers >>> FPS

I've never really gotten into FPSs, mainly because I'm not that good at them, but still.
the only one I've ever really gotten into has been Gears of War and part of it is the fact that it's over the shoulder instead third person instead of first person.

and though I love RPGs I haven't made the leap to MMOs yet. I tried to get into them with Guild Wars but it didn't grab me.

morment said:
RPGs > fighters > FPS

^ yeah, that ^

I'm a sucker for any RPG, currently playing Valkyrie Profile on the PSP, just got done with FFXIII and Star Ocean. Will be dipping back into Valkyria Chronicles. RPGs always offered me an escape, if the tone and atmosphere is set just right it is overall very rewarding. Fallout 3 had a lot of great things going for it...eh, a bit repetitive locale wise, but overall that game is very much Triple A.

Fighters are my weakness. I'm so far up Super Street Fighter 4's ass right now o_O Its hard to put down long enough to dedicate time to my RPGs. Its always "I'm just going to work on this one trial..." and before I know it I'm on there for the next four hours accepting challenges and working through trial after trial. Its a vicious fucking cycle and I love it.

FPS are at the bottom of the totem pole. They are only good for multi-player aspects. Therefore I generally only play them when I have someone else to play with. So, games like Halo, L4D, and TF2 although great, tend to collect dust in my collection.

Play quality games for children evokes a sense of responsibility for their learning and encourages them to acquire new skills and develop creativity. Playing computer games is not only a tool for the assessment of skills, but also how to improve the learning process and make it more effective and interesting. The spirit of healthy competition is also likely to be raised in children - and that is certainly going to want to earn more points than their peers to end the game faster, etc.

This is tough to answer since I enjoy a variety of games.

The majority of my play is FPS. I enjoy the single player and multiplayer. But a good multiplayer is what keeps me coming back to a FPS. Also having a great group of players to play with makes it ten times better.

I don't play alot of RPGs, but when I do, they pretty much consume my gamer life. With me, RPGs are hit or miss. I either get sucked in, or I get bored and never finish them.

I'm not playing Fighters these days, but I did love Fighters when I was younger. I'm glad Fighters are making a resurgence with Street Fighter 4 and upcoming Mortal Kombat. Brings back alot of memories.

Holy shit we have a :twisted: Necromancer :twisted: in our midst!

However I do like the thread and will contribute.

I'm a fighting game fiend, but I've kinda lost my flare for fighting games in the 3D fighting generation. Give me Mortal Kombat 2 or 3 any day over Street Fighter 4 or any of the Tekkens.

After that I'd say its a tie between FPS and RPGs for me.

Tough question for me to answer also

Back in the day early 1990s i started out with Fighting games such as Mortal Kombat on Sega Genesis systems

Early 2000s, I got hooked into RPGs, my first real one was Final Fantasy 8 which was on Playstation

Then Mid 2000s I got into FPS , Socom multiplayer online was the first real shooting game for me at the PS2 system

but now that I got basically every must have video game system out there

IMAG0290.jpg

Mainly I play FPS and the occasional RPG. I lost complete interest in fighting games since beating up other mfc models on Soul Calibur 4 last year :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.