AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

First person shooters

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenDaisy_80

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 8, 2015
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@VerdeDasiy_80
MFC Username
Green_Daisy
Am I the only one who absolutely has to have an automatic weapon to be able to survive these ?i mean I have the worst eye hand coordination ever so obviously I prefer the RPGs

I prefer burst fire weapons. I'll often shoot automatic rifles like burst fire weapons until the enemy gets close to me. I'm horrible with shotguns and melee. I prefer to not be in close quarters in any FPS.

Reactions: AmberCutie
It depends on the game, I love a high powered DMR if I'm playing on a hardcore server in Battlefield 4, but most of the time you almost have to use a full auto or burst weapon because it takes so many rounds to kill. I've been in the military 12 years, trust me, semi-auto SHOULD be sufficent because nobody that isn't high on some hardcore stimulant is taking a bullet without losing their ability to aim and accurately fire a weapon. Most professional soldiers rarely take their weapons off of semi-auto, one well aimed shot is worth an entire magazine of spray and pray. And if you are in a situation where full auto is preferable, you're either playing a video game, or if it's real life, you're probably in some monumentally deep shit. But full auto ends up being a necessary evil in games because if the damage models were realistic then gamers would be forced to play tactically and think instead of running around like a heavily armed chicken, high on PCP, with it's head cut off. And I know what you're thinking, "It's a game prick, go play Arma!" I would, but my PC is old and lame and Arma makes it cry.

Thanks for the input , I must add the more I play the better I get. I just shocked myself playing resident evil 4 ,usually I can't get past the farm part at the start but managed to get past the lake monster in like 2 hours . I barely used the tmp,ammo for that is scarce in that game .i found the shot gun was a good subsitute . Sorry nerding out meow !

I just went through some old PC game discs, and found Tribes Vengeance, and figured why not. I now know why I've stuck to console FPS games since my stroke. I put my fingers on WASD, and just... hammer all 4 at once, now. It's been ~7 years, I should be over this kind of thing by now... grumble.

Shoot in short controlled bursts... The rule of thumb is hold the trigger down for as long as you would say "I love sex" and then let go.. full rock and roll is not accurate at all. 3 to 6 rounds is the sweet spot.

Nothing wrong with a good spray and pray! ESPECIALLY if you yell at your screen while doing it.

You dont gotta swear off of FPSs though since it probably just depends on the game. I know I stopped playing CoD for years because of how "hardcore" people got about their kills (this new one looks interesting though), but Battlefield was pretty fun solo and in groups. Then theres Destiny and Overwatch, I dont think I've used auto on those two but they've been enjoyable.

That is my style ! I just like to button mash when it gets too intense lol
And with all the harfcore leveled people it's hard to keep up , I usually die almost every second but I noticed the more I play the longer it took to get killed and the more kills I made myself ;)

I just need a hitscan weapon and a little something to finish people off (SG or RL)

Reactions: GreenDaisy_80
I used to really be into first person shooters, not so much anymore just tastes change, at some point I will get back into them I am sure. When I was into them hardcore, I was always a "headshot" guy. My percentage was pretty high on head shots and I loved the strategy of it. Those are why I love first person shooters so much the strategy and the headshots, however I have been know to sneak up on players and stab them to death, that is always funny as they jump all over the screen trying to shoot me then raging the rest of the match trying to find me to get their just revenge, haha! :haha:

Have played for too long Quake Live (Tier 4) and there was mostly rockets (calculating where the buddy is gonna be, mostly...together with the ping in the specific match) or careful burst fire with other weapons.... The thing is both UT and Quake do require very different skills among its weapons. Quake Con IMO helped the professionalization of those players a lot, Battlefield play for free (maxed out all characters in several accounts, lol, till the game got closed for ever) , and there I was both a sniper (mostly very long distance, good at calculating the bullet drop and that and firing fast) and and mostly an engineer (which had good cqc guns) . Later on PlanetSide2, and there I played differently, mostly as a cloak spy, but again also as sniper, bolt fire again and long distance. In these games like that one, where aaall is based on what weapon were you able to purchase or unblock with game credits, the confrontation with another faster rpm weapon, of higher impact and less recoil, etc, is that, related to what you could get. Still, the one headshot kill of a sniper, with every sniper rifle in every fps game, allows anyone to keep an advantage even with high level armed to the teeth players despite you being new. Later playing too, but like every 2 weeks, lol, to Arma3, as I just purchased, also to be able to edit/mod for it. I have even videos in youtube of the accuracy I got with a basic pistol in BF play4free, with the M1911 pistol (BTW, too far with what that pistol could do in real life, lol...) but not sharing that here... My method with that one is, obviously non burst (but almost) neither bolt sniper fire... usually knowing am gonna miss some bullets, but rapid and accurate firing of the little magazine it has. usually the first two will miss, the following 5 or 6 will be really hitting something, lol..... Anyway, lol, is funny how badly these games do reproduce reality... Luckily, as I would really hate to be in any of those situations in RL...

Anyway, for those of us getting old... is funny but I notice a slight downgrade in reflexes in Quake Live (as no other game put that more to test, too) , and for sniping very far targets, I also realize I need the glasses now, heh.... And when someone ask me the age, every freaking little kid gets super annoyed, grunt...That's a question never to do in an fps game, for a large collection of reasons...

However, I don't know your case, but my desktop PC is super old right now... late FPS games just don't allow good performance even in low, or barely... that's another issue for playing right now... tho, (except today, lol) my main issue is available time, lol...

Last edited:
I used to be stuck on using automatic weapons in FPS. Nowadays, I mostly only play a lot of PAYDAY 2 and I use a sniper rifle and a revolver. PAYDAY relies a lot on your crew's skill setup and synergy, and my crew's been together since the game came out. My position on the team is technically medic in that I carry that medkits, but we consider my role more to be management. I handle the business tasks (Press/Hold F to X) while the rest defend me (and I make all the decisions). Nonetheless, sometimes one does still have to fend for oneself or contribute to the kill count, and that's where the high damage/low ammo guns come in. Depending on how much shooting I actually plan to do (that is, all maps involve lots of shooting, but some maps involve lots lots more) I'll pick between the Thanatos .50 or the R93. The .50 has a max ammo count of 15, while the r93 does less damage but has a max ammo of 30. Either way, it's not a lot, but depending on the situation, I may want to have more ammo or I may want things to die with minimal fuss and/or muss.

I always carry the Bronco revolver as a secondary, and thanks to the Pistol Messiah perk - if you are incapped, you can upright yourself by killing an enemy with your pistol (although now I think you can do so with any weapon) - I got so good at getting a bead that I could make headshots from the hip while incapped. A lot of the time, too, I got my kill in and was back to business before I even hit the ground (although you fall in slow motion so this isn't uncommon for Pistol Messiah players). One time, on Big Bank, I fell through a skylight into the cubicle farm, and I managed to Messiah myself by killing a sniper perched on the main skylight edge with a headshot. Everyone was rightly impressed. Messiahing yourself off snipers is the most satisfying because you didn't need a scope to hit your mark.

Then they kajiggered with the stats and my amazing Quickdraw McGraw skills with my beloved Bronco went to shit. I've only just re-calibrated my mods to approximate what I had, I'll have to relearn it.

The key thing about Quickdraw McGraw skills with single shot weapons is not to aim necessarily at where enemies are, but at where they are going to be when your bullet gets over there. Although actually, most bullet-based weapons in games do not actually fire a bullet object in the way that you'd imagine. Instead, the barrel of your gun casts out a ray that, if something connects with it, registers a hit. Some games will calculate a delay before the ray will register hits for the sake of realism, but even those that don't will have a millisecondishly short delay between firing and hitting so you have to learn to compensate for this. Then you have weapons with actual models for their projectiles (rocket, flare, and grenade launchers, or any type of bow weapon with arrows for instance) and the hit is registered when your projectile's model collides with another. The delay on these weapons is much longer, and many of them have an arc to compensate for. All of this is a lot to consider, but with practice, you'll honestly be able to make all these mental calculations in split second. It's just a matter of getting really cozy with a weapon and developing the feel for how long it takes to do things.

tl;dr, get comfortable with your chosen weapon, learn to know how long it takes your projectile to hit, and then shoot an appropriate distance ahead of where the target is moving.

Automatic in multiplayer games, burst fire or semi-automatic in single player.

Destiny right now is proving too easy for me. I don't have to aim, just center and burst, instant kill. But in Black Ops 3 (my most consistent multiplayer shooter at the moment), I'm either fully automatic or that 4-shot burst fire weapon that feels automatic.

IDK. Different rates for different needs.

When I first started, I used mostly shotguns and automatic weapons. I eventually switched to pistols and rifles. It also helped when I upgraded my mouse

Not into playing much anymore(time...), but funnily, interested in those razor or whatever called mices, as for graphic design and painting, it's quite convenient to have multiple buttons to configure key short cuts for design apps... Too pricey yet, counting on how much money I spend in hardware in general, but am guessing it'd be helpful in my workflow. Anyhow, both for design and I thought so also when played more, I'm kind of not a lover of wireless technology for both mouse and keyboard. I've read from many old great Quake players, that nothing is faster the the old ball based mouse. Or at least, wired optical mices. I'd never go back to anything below optical, but am not fond of both laser mices and wireless.. yet though most advanced models comes with one or the other tech... And speed also counts in graphic works...

Status
Not open for further replies.