AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

First person (single or multiplayer) medieval/fantasy Rpgs?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlotteDusk

Inactive Cam Model
May 24, 2017
Sydney, Aus
www.streamate.com
Twitter Username
@CharlotteDusk
MFC Username
CharlotteDusk
Streamate Username
CharlotteDusk
I really want to pick up playing a new medieval/fantasy RPG in my spare time, any suggestions? :) first person is preferred but if not thats okay too, if the story is great feel free to drop it below :)

pls dont say skyrim lol ;P

bonus 10 points if its viking themed

These are a bit dated but still greats, Gothic 2, 3, and the Dragon Age series.
I fucking love Dragon Age. Origins has such a good story and fantastic characters.

Besides Dragon Age, I liked Shadow of Mordor, Legend of Dragoon (ps1 game, it's so freaking good but it's really underrated), and another one I can't remember the name of. But definitely Legend of Dragoon.

Reactions: Gen and swagger

Thanks! no problem with being dated, so i'll check them out! i did almost start on dragon age once so i guess its time i actually do lol

I fucking love Dragon Age. Origins has such a good story and fantastic characters.

Besides Dragon Age, I liked Shadow of Mordor, Legend of Dragoon (ps1 game, it's so freaking good but it's really underrated), and another one I can't remember the name of. But definitely Legend of Dragoon.

I totally forgot there was a LOTR one :') looking at both of these comments it seems like dragon age is the first i go for though hehe :p

Reactions: swagger
Btw, all the Dragon Age games and a whole other shit ton can be played for a 4.99 a month subscription, or 29$ a year, to Origin Access. Just checked and another favorite of mine, This War of Mine (nothing to do with RPG though) is also included. Pretty great value if you don't mind a subscription!

PS Also just on the origin loader, Dead In Bermuda is free atm, and a game I enjoyed thoroughly!

Btw, all the Dragon Age games and a whole other shit ton can be played for a 4.99 a month subscription, or 29$ a year, to Origin Access. Just checked and another favorite of mine, This War of Mine (nothing to do with RPG though) is also included. Pretty great value if you don't mind a subscription!

PS Also just on the origin loader, Dead In Bermuda is free atm, and a game I enjoyed thoroughly!

Whoa thanks! I need to re-install origin it seems, there used to be absolutely no point to me using anything but steam but now it seems for some games you need origin now / is better deals for some.
I'll check that Dead in Bermuda out too, thanks!

I just downloaded the gothic games for 2.95 lol thanks again for the recommendation! lined up great with steam sales hahahah

Nobody has mentioned Skyrim or Oblivion yet? It's old but Dark Messiah: Might and Magic. Zeno Clash. If you want that really old school feel then Legends of Grimlock 1 and 2. Savage Lands sucks but it has multiplayer.

Reactions: CharlotteDusk
Nobody has mentioned Skyrim or Oblivion yet? It's old but Dark Messiah: Might and Magic. Zeno Clash. If you want that really old school feel then Legends of Grimlock 1 and 2. Savage Lands sucks but it has multiplayer.

I think they likely didnt mention skyrim because i asked people not to ;P I have over 800 hours clocked into that badboy lmao!
thank you for the suggestions!!! Legends of Grimlock looks awesome i'm confused as to why i've never heard of it before!

The Witcher series... seriously. The 3 was the best.

I spent so many hours playing Legend of the Dragoon back in the day! I loved that game! I must have re-played that game a dozen times before moving on to the FPS scene with Doom and the Quake series. The way they fleshed out the characters in Dragoon was amazing. Each character had his/her own unique quirks that made them memorable to the point that I can name them all from memory.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
Ah well, it depends how you feel about MMOs.

If that's not an issue, I would recommend Guild Wars 2. It is lovely to play. It's also very casual for an MMO, and the story/main quest line changes based on your choices. There's so many different ways to play it. You can play with parties/friends or completely solo without being setback. Also there's a race that's Viking inspired called the Norn.

You do have to purchase the base game to play, but it's not a pay-to-win style freemium game nor a subscription game.

Reactions: DuoShi
How do you feel about old-school dungeon crawlers? It was a really popular form of CRPG back in the day, so there are a ton of first-person dungeon crawlers out there. GOG.com has lots of the classics, and this little list is a good place to start. The great thing about a lot of these games on GOG is that they're mostly under $10 (usually $5, actually) and even at that price, they go on sale all the time. Legend of Grimrock has already been mentioned, and it's a great contemporary version of the format, making it a good gateway into dungeon crawlers. Since you've clocked so many hours into Skyrim, I would definitely recommend the rest of the Elder Scrolls games. Oblivion and Morrowind get their mentions all the time, but Arena and Daggerfall are worth checking out, too, especially since you can download them for free from BethSoft's website.

More action than rpg and could already be aware but maybe check out Vermintide. I think it ticks a few of the boxes at least. Haven't quite given it a fair shake yet but it seems pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.