AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

First week, need some help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2017
United States
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@LeviSweety
Tumblr Username
LeviSweety
Chaturbate Username
LeviSweety
Sorry if these questions have been asked before or a post is similar to this.

I’ve started camming about a week ago and I’m just not sure if I’m actually doing this right. I mean, all the forums I look through girls say they made $1oo-$200 within the first night sometimes. I haven’t made anything close, and I know I shouldn’t cam solely for the money, but since this is something I’m putting time and effort into I would like to know.

1. Am I doing this right?

I have a couple hundred followers yet only 20-50 people show up in my room a night, I’ll chat with everyone, say high to everyone that joins, thank you to everyone that tips, I use bot and apps, I try to get a vibe going with music. It just seems like no one is interested in tipping or talking. Yes, I know I’m only a week in, I guess I just want to know

2. Will it get better? Right now it seems like I’m not going to get anywhere.

3. How long did it take you to get to a comfortable spot with camming?

Not just money, like having regulars, knowing what to talk about, having a good setup, etc. I plan on camming throughout the summer and continuing on throughout the school year I just like to know what to expect I guess.

p.s. I don’t mean to sound entitled like I just expect instant success or anything. I knew it was going to be hard and I would have to work. I just want to make sure I working on the right things and doing the best I can in the areas that matter the most.

Thanks for your help!

You sound really nice and you have a pretty face. Welcome to camland.

I don't know why it's wrong to cam just for the money. I do. I know a lot of gals do so I feel like there's no shame in being in it just for the money, like any other job. So no shame!

It's honestly impossible to answer your questions. Because everyone's experiences are different but I will give you mine and maybe perspective.

I made BANK my first night camming. And did way better than expected when I started and over the first year it got better and better before itnwent down lol A lot of it is luck, there have been some amazingly beautiful women I found entertaining who started who like just failed. One of the things I think played into my luck was at the time I was a super skinny white girl. Assuming your picture is you, it is going to be harder for you to make dollars. It's crap. But many in this industry perceive BW to be less worthy of their dollars or whatever. Looking at the top fifty across sites when you look at the demographics can give an idea of who gets lucky. I am not a Black Woman so I can't speak directly from my own experiences, but from what ladybfriens have told me and just casual outsider observations you can see success but it may take longer and it's going to be potentially harder because of internal and external bias that will play into your cam journey.

Success is up to you. If working 4 hours and making like 80 dollars is success then it's success. If its 100 in an hour then thats success. The best thing for sanity is to not compare your experience to others and only look at what you need.

It's hard to say if you're doing anything wrong. A gal can do everything right and still fail. Are you just sitting there? Do you get up and maybe dance or move around? How is your internet? Are you using a good cam and computer? What's your lighting situation? There are a few threads that address these technical aspects.

Getting comfy with camming is interesting. When I started my lighting was meh. But the norm when I started wasn't pro lighting. I was comfortable and got regs within the first day, most who stayed throughout my whole time vanilla camming. I was super lucky in that respect. It can take a few weeks of consistent camming to build up regulars and for some it's days. When I could afford it I got new lights and upgraded my computer. My cam space was in my bedroom when I started which I actually loved. I've moved a few times and 2now have a dedicated filming and cam space. I am somewhat introverted so topics weren't hard. On days I was in a crappy mood and didn't feel like talking I used to have these two books "the little book of questions" "the little book of stupid questions" and I would pick a question and play a "free game" to build discussion. Or I would talk about my day ie: what I wish I actually did that day.

The rad thing about this industry is the variety. If maybe it's the site or the crowd on the site that isn't meshing for you you can change sites. Streammate, chatyrbate and mfc are all rad options for camming. Some gals do great on one and not the orher. And you can always bolster your income on sites like clips4sale or manyvids.

I hope this was helpful.

You sound really nice and you have a pretty face. Welcome to camland.

I don't know why it's wrong to cam just for the money. I do. I know a lot of gals do so I feel like there's no shame in being in it just for the money, like any other job. So no shame!

It's honestly impossible to answer your questions. Because everyone's experiences are different but I will give you mine and maybe perspective.

I made BANK my first night camming. And did way better than expected when I started and over the first year it got better and better before itnwent down lol A lot of it is luck, there have been some amazingly beautiful women I found entertaining who started who like just failed. One of the things I think played into my luck was at the time I was a super skinny white girl. Assuming your picture is you, it is going to be harder for you to make dollars. It's crap. But many in this industry perceive BW to be less worthy of their dollars or whatever. Looking at the top fifty across sites when you look at the demographics can give an idea of who gets lucky. I am not a Black Woman so I can't speak directly from my own experiences, but from what ladybfriens have told me and just casual outsider observations you can see success but it may take longer and it's going to be potentially harder because of internal and external bias that will play into your cam journey.

Success is up to you. If working 4 hours and making like 80 dollars is success then it's success. If its 100 in an hour then thats success. The best thing for sanity is to not compare your experience to others and only look at what you need.

It's hard to say if you're doing anything wrong. A gal can do everything right and still fail. Are you just sitting there? Do you get up and maybe dance or move around? How is your internet? Are you using a good cam and computer? What's your lighting situation? There are a few threads that address these technical aspects.

Getting comfy with camming is interesting. When I started my lighting was meh. But the norm when I started wasn't pro lighting. I was comfortable and got regs within the first day, most who stayed throughout my whole time vanilla camming. I was super lucky in that respect. It can take a few weeks of consistent camming to build up regulars and for some it's days. When I could afford it I got new lights and upgraded my computer. My cam space was in my bedroom when I started which I actually loved. I've moved a few times and 2now have a dedicated filming and cam space. I am somewhat introverted so topics weren't hard. On days I was in a crappy mood and didn't feel like talking I used to have these two books "the little book of questions" "the little book of stupid questions" and I would pick a question and play a "free game" to build discussion. Or I would talk about my day ie: what I wish I actually did that day.

The rad thing about this industry is the variety. If maybe it's the site or the crowd on the site that isn't meshing for you you can change sites. Streammate, chatyrbate and mfc are all rad options for camming. Some gals do great on one and not the orher. And you can always bolster your income on sites like clips4sale or manyvids.

I hope this was helpful.

Thanks so much! This really did help a lot!!!

Sorry if these questions have been asked before or a post is similar to this.

I’ve started camming about a week ago and I’m just not sure if I’m actually doing this right. I mean, all the forums I look through girls say they made $1oo-$200 within the first night sometimes. I haven’t made anything close, and I know I shouldn’t cam solely for the money, but since this is something I’m putting time and effort into I would like to know.

1. Am I doing this right?

I have a couple hundred followers yet only 20-50 people show up in my room a night, I’ll chat with everyone, say high to everyone that joins, thank you to everyone that tips, I use bot and apps, I try to get a vibe going with music. It just seems like no one is interested in tipping or talking. Yes, I know I’m only a week in, I guess I just want to know

2. Will it get better? Right now it seems like I’m not going to get anywhere.

3. How long did it take you to get to a comfortable spot with camming?

Not just money, like having regulars, knowing what to talk about, having a good setup, etc. I plan on camming throughout the summer and continuing on throughout the school year I just like to know what to expect I guess.

p.s. I don’t mean to sound entitled like I just expect instant success or anything. I knew it was going to be hard and I would have to work. I just want to make sure I working on the right things and doing the best I can in the areas that matter the most.

Thanks for your help!
Which site are you on? Chaturbate?

I had a really hard time on chaturbate. I could have pushed more and spent more time on cam but I prefer private based sites for now. Once Iestablish more of a following I hope to one day end up on mfc.

You are gorgeous. My advice is just cam a ton or switch to private based. Good luck but I don't think you need it just time.

I had a really hard time on chaturbate. I could have pushed more and spent more time on cam but I prefer private based sites for now. Once Iestablish more of a following I hope to one day end up on mfc.

You are gorgeous. My advice is just cam a ton or switch to private based. Good luck but I don't think you need it just time.

Thank You So Much! I heard MFC was more competitive and not beginner family. Should I still try it out in addition to Chaturbate?

Thank You So Much! I heard MFC was more competitive and not beginner family. Should I still try it out in addition to Chaturbate?
That's up to you. I have an MFC account but have not broadcasted yet. I'm intimidated by the camscore. I feel u should master chaturbate before tackling MFC. That's just my opinion. Get verified to access Models Only sections here in ACF.

I had a really hard time on chaturbate.

Me too. And the guys who've tipped you 2 tokens in the past two weeks trying to tell you how you should run your room. LOL. I can't believe how cheap people are on there. Tip you 1 token, and expect you to sit there and PM them all day. NO. I've been spending more time in Cams Nude Chat. I really hate free chat sites sometimes. Lol. I don't have the time, energy, or patience to be prancing around in free chat, trying to convince dudes to tip a measly 20 tokens for a flash (I shoulda went back to charging 50 tokens per flash like I used to do on MFC), or to get me topless. I'm getting too old and tired for that shit. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Blake Devine
I always feel odd when participating in Chaturbate at all, as MFC is my home. Watching someone tip 20 1 token walls on Chaturbate and expecting it to be a thing, when on MFC, I and a lot of folks I witness will drop a 20-50 token tip as a Hi, I'm X, thanks for having me in your room, is kind of a regular thing. I dunno, I'm buzzed, but MFC always seems like an infinitely better site to be on. I think the problem is so many models squander their new model status and it seems insurmountable after that. So yeah, practice before you get there, but I don't think you need to be a master performer to succeed, just have your lighting and sound right and don't be shy.

@LeviSweety Here's the thing. As you go on and get more comfortable in sexwork, your identity, tactics, and comfort levels will change. Right now it is all new and weird and you have an information overload. You essentially took on a job with no training period.

I would suggest you take this time to figure out what you like. Enjoy the interactions, learn how to keep your time from being wasted, learn how to sell yourself, learn about fetishes (which you will invariably run into.) This is a very formative and experimental period for you.

If you aren't doing well on token sites, I suggest Streamate. If you like going indie, developing your own traffic, and taking shoes on an appointment basis, check out reddit's r/sexsells. It takes a little effort to get verified, but as someone who despises box-site camming, it is an incredible resource. They have a very helpful wiki to get you started. Indie pays VERY well if you know how to work it. In fact, I average more Indie than I ever did grinding hours on MFC. CamModelDirectory and SkyPrivate bring their own traffic if you'd rather use something with its own resources.

You are very cute and if you set yourself up for success, there's no reason you won't find it. It is like any other job--- it takes a long time to get established, but it is so very worth it in the end if you enjoy it.

Everything before is great advice.

As a double niche model myself (Indian and bbw) wanted to give my input specifically on the sites that work for me.

Token sites ideally depend on a lot of people tipping towards your show and mass appeal. As a niche you often appeal to less people but also they consider you more than just a type. In my experience these guys often seek out private based shows.

Privates are the way to go imo. For sites that will have its own traffic, SM is the most consistent. This is where I started and after A LOT of trying sites it's still one if my main 3. A lot of highs and a lot of lows but it averages out.

Cammodeldirectory is decent but I supplemented with my own traffic from Reddit and Snapchat. Generally Skype guys stick with you if you're available for them to.
Its a much higher payout and guys take longer shows that SM.

Basically repeating everything Goddess Vera said lol.

And then if you're open to it. Clips, specifically c4s. If I post consistently every day it brings in a fair amount. If I don't post at all I still make money, so it's been a great addition to diversifying where my income comes from.

If $100-200/night is your goal it is completely achievable. If I can then you definitely can do even better if you put in the work. I feel the potential is always there in camming.
Feel free to pm me, I am happy to share specific experiences and $ details.

Everything before is great advice.

As a double niche model myself (Indian and bbw) wanted to give my input specifically on the sites that work for me.

Token sites ideally depend on a lot of people tipping towards your show and mass appeal. As a niche you often appeal to less people but also they consider you more than just a type. In my experience these guys often seek out private based shows.

Privates are the way to go imo. For sites that will have its own traffic, SM is the most consistent. This is where I started and after A LOT of trying sites it's still one if my main 3. A lot of highs and a lot of lows but it averages out.

Cammodeldirectory is decent but I supplemented with my own traffic from Reddit and Snapchat. Generally Skype guys stick with you if you're available for them to.
Its a much higher payout and guys take longer shows that SM.

Basically repeating everything Goddess Vera said lol.

And then if you're open to it. Clips, specifically c4s. If I post consistently every day it brings in a fair amount. If I don't post at all I still make money, so it's been a great addition to diversifying where my income comes from.

If $100-200/night is your goal it is completely achievable. If I can then you definitely can do even better if you put in the work. I feel the potential is always there in camming.
Feel free to pm me, I am happy to share specific experiences and $ details.
Off topic but I already have an IWC and a MV account. Think its worth it to join c4s too? Is it mostly fetish or vanilla?

Off topic but I already have an IWC and a MV account. Think its worth it to join c4s too? Is it mostly fetish or vanilla?
Definitely fetish. But I have sold a couple vanilla videos on there, but no where near as many as fetish.

• Helpful!
Reactions: a_haze420
Definitely fetish. But I have sold a couple vanilla videos on there, but no where near as many as fetish.
Thanks! Ill probably throw my fetish stuff on there. Doesn't hurt to have all the income opportunities especially since I'm switching to full time this week! :)

No, you should save it for when you'll feel confident in your game.
And then focus on it - save your new model status and you can kill it then. Don't just make it and never use it - it is a major advantage on MFC. Best to go there well-established and with some videos ready.

I'm on Chaturbate too, aren't making a killing but doing better with non-nude teasing femdom than I expected. Better than when I tried to just cam, whole package - it is hard to be noticed and you will need a toy for better earnings if you market yourself as a vanilla.
Keep in mind the field is a bit saturated so don't take it personally - it's best to focus on your strenghts and what makes you happy and excited to work, what sort of fetishes, what amuses you and what you like to do. And what won't make you sick of it in the long run because you are going to be doing that a lot.

Last edited:

May I ask which part of my post above you disagreed with? If it was the "I'm getting too old for this shit" part, I guess that's a compliment? LOL.

I dont make money on MV, never tried iwc. But disclaimer my niches are fetishes themselves so I fall into fetish on C4S anyway even if it's vanilla content.

If you already have the videos what does it hurt? Even $50 is $50 more than you had before. I feel like c4s has great traffic and the sheer volume of categories there's bound to be some things within your comfort zone that you can bank with if you want to try content outside your prior clips.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
No, you should save it for when you'll feel confident in your game.
And then focus on it - save your new model status and you can kill it then. Don't just make it and never use it - it is a major advantage on MFC. Best to go there well-established and with some videos ready.

I'm on Chaturbate too, aren't making a killing but doing better with non-nude teasing femdom than I expected. Better than when I tried to just cam, whole package - it is hard to be noticed and you will need a toy for better earnings if you market yourself as a vanilla.
Keep in mind the field is a bit saturated so don't take it personally - it's best to focus on your strenghts and what makes you happy and excited to work, what sort of fetishes, what amuses you and what you like to do. And what doesn't tire you ro will make you sick of it because you are going to be doing that a lot.
Yeah I kind of screwed up my new model status on mfc but slowly working my way back up. I wish I had done some thing differently but meh.
I dont make money on MV, never tried iwc. But disclaimer my niches are fetishes themselves so I fall into fetish on C4S anyway even if it's vanilla content.

If you already have the videos what does it hurt? Even $50 is $50 more than you had before. I feel like c4s has great traffic and the sheer volume of categories there's bound to be some things within your comfort zone that you can bank with if you want to try content outside your prior clips.

Yeah totally. I've made like 57$ in two months in mv lol
Going to open one tonight and just dump all my clips there. Vanilla and fetish.

My IWC store is killing it so far and I hope it remains that way! Any girls who do femdom hiiiighly recommend I want clips.

Reactions: Marley Magdalene
May I ask which part of my post above you disagreed with? If it was the "I'm getting too old for this shit" part, I guess that's a compliment? LOL.

Oh I didn't even realize I did that sorry! I was scrolling through trying to find the post where I said I disagreed I'll take it off rn!

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.