AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fish, comic books, tacos and more!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
With as active as I have been on Twitter, the forums, and the Internet overall lately, I'm surprised it's been so long since I've posted in my blog. While my life is somewhat uneventful in the long run, I do feel like I have a few things to talk about with you all. Then again what's exciting for me may be a snooze fest for you, so please accept my apologize in advance. :cool:

As some of you may know, I had a few fish friends for a bit. 3 goldfish that were won at a dinky little Halloween carnival. I pretty much knew from the get-go that they wouldn't live long, as they weren't kept in a very healthy environment to begin with, but I gave it a shot. One by one they found their way to the LA sewers. :(

But I am trying again! This time they are not goldfish, but Bettas. And from a pet store, not from a grungy ice chest kept in the back of a trailer for a carnival. Is there hope? Can I manage to keep a couple of fish alive more than 2 weeks?! I picked out 2 crowntail females. One red, one blue. The first hour that they were united they attacked each other and fought like angry sisters. They've become used to each other now, and get along as far as I can tell. (Bettas are known as fighting fish, and only females can be kept with other females, as the males will fight to the death with any other fish in the bowl with them.) They don't require filtration, so I have a cute little square container for them. Here are a couple images. I have no names still... I'm not sure if they will get names, but we'll see.

Since I have found keeping fish on my desk makes me happy and calms me, I will continue to try and keep them alive, and if I fail, try again. :)

As I was trying to wake up earlier, sitting at the desk drinking coffee and catching up on Twitter, I heard the delightful sound of a delivery at my door. Oh Amazon, I love you... I forgot that I preordered the new Amory Wars, but you did not! I have yet another means of entertainment while I recoup from surgery this weekend. I am by no means a comic book girl, but I love the story of Coheed and Cambria, and am fully enveloped in this series.

This past weekend was pretty mellow, overall. Saturday we did a few household chores and some grocery shopping, (as well as the trip to get my fishies and their home), but mainly acted like homebodies. We jumped into Fable 3 on Saturday night. My favorite thing about the Fable series is the local co op. We made it through the preliminary quest and into the first town before we became incredibly sleepy ( I blame the ice cream) and called it an early night. I promise to have a more in-depth review of Fable 3 up somewhere on the site sometime soon!

Sunday, as usual, is football day. I had planned to make tacos for us and our friend, but our friend bailed last minute. We had so much food for just the both of us! Seasoned ground beef tacos with cheese, onions, lettuce, sour cream, green taco sauce.... damn I'm getting hungry describing it right now, that's a problem. Anyways, beans, rice, salsa, chips. As we watched the terrible 2nd half of the Miami/Baltimore game, at least our tummies were made happy. After the game we worked on the forums a bit and perused the Internet. Then the evening was spent watching Dexter and playing more Fable 3 until we were tuckered out and ready for bed again. The time change really messes with me, as I was sleepy by 10pm.

Now the week of "D-day" is finally here. The reality of it all set in on me at one point late last night and I started stressing out a bit. I'm going to try my best to focus on relaxing and feeling good this week. What does that mean for my time on MFC? I don't know. I know I won't be on today, nor will I be on Thursday, so I guess we shall make the best of Tuesday and Wednesday if I make it on then. :) I know all my friends understand, and I hope we can make a strong come-back once I'm back on my feet. Until then, I will just do what I can, when I can!

If you managed to make it all the way through this, :clap: cheers to you! Long update is long, I know. I'll see you guys around the 'nets!

Attachments

• bettas1.jpg
    bettas1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 690
  • bettas2.JPG
    bettas2.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 690
  • amorywars.JPG
    amorywars.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 690
About 3 or 4 years ago I won three fish from the fair, and they lived about 2 years. I just kept up on feeding and cleaning. If you don't put conditioner in the water they'll die super quick. It's a decent price and a bottle lasts a while. Just a word of advice if you didn't already know. :) The stuff i get is: http://www.petco.com/product/105278/Tet ... pRatedSale . But, I got the big bottle. As for the rest, good luck this week! Tacos are my favorite meal, I'm super jealous :) XOXO

Teagz said:
About 3 or 4 years ago I won three fish from the fair, and they lived about 2 years. I just kept up on feeding and cleaning. If you don't put conditioner in the water they'll die super quick. It's a decent price and a bottle lasts a while. Just a word of advice if you didn't already know. :) The stuff i get is: http://www.petco.com/product/105278/Tet ... pRatedSale . But, I got the big bottle. As for the rest, good luck this week! Tacos are my favorite meal, I'm super jealous :) XOXO

Yep I had water conditioner. I may have cleaned the water too early/wrong, but I still stand by that they were doomed from the beginning, lol.

Mikeythegeek said:
No show Thursday? When everyone will be off for the holiday? Damn damn damn. :(

Yep, guilting me about it makes me feel loads better.

AmberCutie said:
Yep I had water conditioner. I may have cleaned the water too early/wrong, but I still stand by that they were doomed from the beginning, lol.

Damn, poor fishy :(

No fish needs filtration they just need clean water.

FYI Female bettas will fight each other and most likely will end up killing each other, that is just the nature of the fish. For the most part the only time 2 bettas can be kept together is when a male/female are breeding and that is only for a short period and at a certain time.

Water conditioners are somewhat of a scam. They don't actually remove the bad stuff in the water, they typically only bind together the bad stuff so that when you perform a water change you have a greater chance of removing more of the bad chemicals.

However, bettas are typically a hardy fish and require very little maintenance :)

EnigmaJ said:

FYI Female bettas will fight each other and most likely will end up killing each other, that is just the nature of the fish. For the most part the only time 2 bettas can be kept together is when a male/female are breeding and that is only for a short period and at a certain time.

They are coexisting peacefully for now, so let's keep our fingers crossed. :pray:

AmberCutie said:
EnigmaJ said:

They are coexisting peacefully for now, so let's keep our fingers crossed. :pray:
Two females? Do they like, you know, kiss? If so, get them an MFC model account ASAP, plox.

Sevrin said:
AmberCutie said:
EnigmaJ said:

Two females? Do they like, you know, kiss? If so, get them an MFC model account ASAP, plox.

Not bettas no....but they do have Kissing Gouramis which have big lips and "kiss"

Armory wars! Claudio's mind child! omgomgomgomgomg!!! *and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS!*

Ok.... I feel better.

Usually goldfish die cause they like cold water, and "room temp" is too cool. Also they are considered very dirty so the ammonia goes up quickly. Betta are easier to care for, adn you can keep a male with other fish as long as there is more than a gallon of space and it is not a slower with similar body to resemble another betta. I kept a male betta with my oscars when they were young, as well as with my guppy circus LOL, used to have 14 fishtanks and bred guppies for shows...yea I know LOL

I had a goldfish just like that blue one you have but it died after a month. :( How long have you had yours?

Eva_ChangeN said:
Usually goldfish die cause they like cold water, and "room temp" is too cool. Also they are considered very dirty so the ammonia goes up quickly. Betta are easier to care for, adn you can keep a male with other fish as long as there is more than a gallon of space and it is not a slower with similar body to resemble another betta. I kept a male betta with my oscars when they were young, as well as with my guppy circus LOL, used to have 14 fishtanks and bred guppies for shows...yea I know LOL
Wow! I didn't know about that. Thanks for the info :)

I have had betas and they seemed to fight to the point where big chunks of their tails were missing no matter what sex they were.

I ended up with one male in the end and he lived for about 2 years. My cat knocked over the fish bowl twice and I managed to get him back in the water after flopping around for gawd knows how long (once he was in the cat's mouth) and he still lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.