AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Foul-Mouthed Little Princesses Selling T-Shirts

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to agree with you. I don't like that they're having a bunch of little girls cursing like that. I like the IDEA of getting that message sent out, and I know they were going for that shock value, but I believe they could've done it in a different way.

I agree with the video in that that little girls are more than princesses, and princesses are more than damsels in distress. Also kids swearing is effing adorable.

But I really do NOT like the FCKH8 movement. They're just out to make a buck. They're also sexist (sexualizing lesbians for a male audience for example), cissexist (they've said their fare share of transphobic bullshit), and they outright steal ideas for their merchandise from all over the Internet without crediting or compensating the original creators. They've straight up stolen whole blog posts from people unaffiliated with FCKH8 and they've never apologized or compensated anyone.

They're awful. They're not helping.

I think the video is cute because little girls swearing up a storm are cute. But they also miss some really important racial issues (like how men and women of color also make less than white men per hour doing the same job). And I think it's pretty disgusting to have little girls talk about which one of them will be raped some day because of rape statistics. The statistics are terrifying, and women are absolutely at risk (especially if they are women of color, trans, or trans women of color who are the MOST at risk for sexual violence), but I think it's unethical to have children talk about their inevitable rape. I think we need to talk about statistics like this, they're important, but the way they went about it in the video made me cringe. It felt dirty. And I felt really bad for the girls who had to talk about being raped one day. It was incredibly exploitative.

I really didn't appreciate the "Oopsie looks like because there's a certain number of us one of us is gonna get raped!" tone the statistics were delivered in either. It was gross. And considering that those statistics are based in truth that means that there were probably hundreds to thousands of woman who HAVE been the victim of sexual assault watching that video and feeling like rape was just thrown in their face in the form of a tongue in cheek shrug of the shoulders. :twocents-02cents:

I don't like seeing children get passionate and talk about things they don't comprehend.
It really reminds me of the "Christians" who force religion down their children's throats and have them hold up signs that says, "God hates f*gs."
They don't know what they're doing, or saying, and it really makes me sick to watch.

While it does strike me as funny to hear cute little girls saying FUCK, I believe this video may be doing their cause a disservice. A good activist's aim shouldn't be to make their shit go viral. Sure, we're talking about it, and "all press is good press", but if people start thinking less of you because of it, in the end it fails to accomplish your goal and weakens your voice.

PlayboyMegan said:
I don't like seeing children get passionate and talk about things they don't comprehend.
It really reminds me of the "Christians" who force religion down their children's throats and have them hold up signs that says, "God hates f*gs."
They don't know what they're doing, or saying, and it really makes me sick to watch.

Agreed. It doesn't make me sick to watch it, but it makes me roll my eyes, for sure. I feel like a lot of these issues are being force-fed to us with these shitty viral tactics lately and I'm not digging it.

Yep, it's fucked up.

Plus I disagree on some of their stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.