AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Free programs for models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd mention it, if you open sourced your code somewhere (Github or alternatives), you might get help, depending on the tech stack. Also it might make models feel more comfortable downloading your code knowing it's available for review.

Reactions: goneDude1
Kradek said:
Just thought I'd mention it, if you open sourced your code somewhere (Github or alternatives), you might get help, depending on the tech stack. Also it might make models feel more comfortable downloading your code knowing it's available for review.
I probably won't open the source for the apps which were made before my post here, because I have used some non-public libraries and it'd be a fair bit of work to replace them.

I might take an open source approach for future applications, but I haven't decided yet. For me there is a big difference between the code and the application, and I'm not certain I'm comfortable with random people on the internet seeing that. Not to mention that I don't really intend to release the programs to people who aren't models, so releasing the source kinda defeats that purpose.

FWIW, I've written some .Net code that, given a username/password, will now log in to profiles.myfreecams.com and determine if you have new mail. Futzing around with user interfaces for it tonight, but haven't come up with anything I like yet. I'll post it on my KradekMFC github if someone wants to look it over.

Kradek said:
FWIW, I've written some .Net code that, given a username/password, will now log in to profiles.myfreecams.com and determine if you have new mail. Futzing around with user interfaces for it tonight, but haven't come up with anything I like yet. I'll post it on my KradekMFC github if someone wants to look it over.
That's awesome. I was going to look into that on saturday, but I don't know much about web stuff, so it would have taken a long time to actually get anything working. I'd love to see how it was done.

After checking out your history, I was also prompted to think further about the question of code sharing and have been working on getting my code into a state where it could be shared. Whilst it won't be open source or public, I've decided that I am willing to share it with specific people.

Reactions: Kradek and LadyLuna
Having helped kradek in the past I can confirm him as good coder and 100% cool beans guy :-D

Reactions: Kradek
trueidiot said:
Kradek said:
That's awesome. I was going to look into that on saturday, but I don't know much about web stuff, so it would have taken a long time to actually get anything working. I'd love to see how it was done.

After checking out your history, I was also prompted to think further about the question of code sharing and have been working on getting my code into a state where it could be shared. Whilst it won't be open source or public, I've decided that I am willing to share it with specific people.
Here is the link for my Kradek github account.

The WebScraper repository is a small library for, well, scraping web pages. It's primarily a wrapper around HtmlAgilityPack, which is a library for using Linq or Xpath on web pages.

The MFCMailExample repository is a small console app that uses the WebScraper to check for new messages.

Thank you so much! Hopefully I'll be using these this week when I cam and then I'll come back again to say thank you and talk about them. ^.^

Jessi said:
I have an excell document that does the following for me:

- Helps me make a budget
- Displays my budget in relation to tokens (and accounts for savings, taxes %)
- Keeps track of what I have on my Payoneer, bank account and cash on hand and allots different amounts to be spent on different budget items
- Calculates my daily goal based on my budget needs, how many tokens Ive earned so far and how many days are left before my next pay day

I would love to see this as free software but I havent written Java since highschool so I have no idea what Im doing or how to implement it. Would also love to see a feature that account for the fees payoneer/bank wire/ various payment methods use.
Just tossing the idea out!

Did you make this yourself? Because it sounds amazing and I would love to have something like this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.