AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Free programs for models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2013
Hi everyone.

I've not been active on this forum at all before, but I was encouraged to make this post here as a way of reaching a lot of cam girls at once.

I'm a computer programmer by trade, but left a job last year without having found a replacement. Finding myself with a lot of free time, I looked a way of keeping busy/sane while trying to find a new job and offered my services to one of my favourite cam girls, Miss_Lollipop.

I had two projects; little productivity tools which took some of the work out of tasks which some girls perform regularly.

The first was a consecutive tip program for people who use the countdown system when each number in a series has to be tipped (e.g. 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 etc.), which allows the user to specify a start and end point (e.g. 1 and 30) and would provide a way to keep track of this. It also helps allocate a tip that is NOT consecutive.

The second was the "Board Manager", a tool for keeping track of the state of a game which some girls play in their room, where a consecutive series of numbers are placed on a board and members tip to get rid of them, often winning prizes for tipping preselected numbers. It allows girls to allocate prizes randomly, work out how many tokens to clear the board, allocate a large tip into smaller amounts, etc.

Shortly after completing these, I found myself a new job and was quite busy for a while, but I found myself missing the experience I had while writing those programs. So I decided that I'd be interested in writing a whole collection of little applications for the cam girl community and asked Lolli if she had any more ideas for things which would be useful.

This led to the development of my third app; a tool for keeping track of the time spent in a skype session and automatically ending the call after a set amount of time.

So here I am, asking if there are any small pieces of software which you would like written to make your camming lives easier?

My model friend, Miss_Lollipop who has been working with and using these apps has posted the links to download all three in the models only section here, so that only models have access to these tools. If you have any questions PM me :)

N.B. Sadly these programs are currently only available for windows - sorry mac users.

I don't have anything to add, but I just wanted to say that it sounds like you're doing a great job! Thanks for your hard work! :)

I'll be sure to keep this post in mind and try to open up my realm of thinking to some ideas that you could help make a reality to benefit us. Thanks so much for your contributions thus far! :hello1: Bravo!

Ladies if you like/use these tools please give him some ideas to work on that could help us out! I know your brainz can think of stuff we would find useful. And apparently he likes doing it? This stuff makes my head hurt!

True has done an AWESOME job helping me out with these so far - and I use the tipping board program almost every week.

I just thought of something but I have no idea how possible this would be to make...
How about an email alert when a model receives a new MFC mail? :think:
I would find that feature SO helpful.

Tea420 said:
I just thought of something but I have no idea how possible this would be to make...
How about an email alert when a model receives a new MFC mail? :think:
I would find that feature SO helpful.

That is an AWESOME idea. No idea if its possible... but seconded on the "omg that would be so useful"

Hi guys,

Thanks for the positive response so far.

Initial thoughts on the MFC Mail notifier:
I think it would be possible, but I'm not sure if it is my place to make it. Any solution which I can produce would be reading the MFC homepage and searching for the identifiers for new mail. Because I have no control over how MFC operates, there is potential for any number of changes which they make to the site to break the solution; for this reason, I think it would be best to ask MFC if they can implement an email notification for you, they have direct access to the MFC mail data (and I assume they have your email addresses) so it would be fairly trivial for them to hook up.

Also, both ways of doing it would be problematic as a desktop application would only be running while your computer was on (in which case you could be checking your MFC mail yourself), and a remote system operated by me would require you to give me access to the login information for your model accounts, which I'm not comfortable with having.

Reactions: Evvie and LadyLuna
trueidiot said:
Also, both ways of doing it would be problematic as a desktop application would only be running while your computer was on (in which case you could be checking your MFC mail yourself), and a remote system operated by me would require you to give me access to the login information for your model accounts, which I'm not comfortable with having.

See, I wouldn't mind having the desktop version that would only be working while my desktop is on. It sure as hell beats having to sit there refreshing my MFC mail while I'm not on camera! Since I rarely get mail, I sometimes don't check it for a month or so, and then come to find out someone sent it to me ten days ago!

LadyLuna said:
See, I wouldn't mind having the desktop version that would only be working while my desktop is on. It sure as hell beats having to sit there refreshing my MFC mail while I'm not on camera!

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I hadn't considered that... Ok, tomorrow I'll take a closer look at what I can get from mfc easily (web stuff isn't my forté, but it might be fairly straight-forward).

It doesn't change the fact that their are no guarantees that it will continue working if MFC changes, so I think MFC should, ideally, be the ones doing this but I'll have a crack at it.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I have an excell document that does the following for me:

- Helps me make a budget
- Displays my budget in relation to tokens (and accounts for savings, taxes %)
- Keeps track of what I have on my Payoneer, bank account and cash on hand and allots different amounts to be spent on different budget items
- Calculates my daily goal based on my budget needs, how many tokens Ive earned so far and how many days are left before my next pay day

I would love to see this as free software but I havent written Java since highschool so I have no idea what Im doing or how to implement it. Would also love to see a feature that account for the fees payoneer/bank wire/ various payment methods use.
Just tossing the idea out!

Reactions: Goddess Victoria
trueidiot said:
LadyLuna said:
See, I wouldn't mind having the desktop version that would only be working while my desktop is on. It sure as hell beats having to sit there refreshing my MFC mail while I'm not on camera!

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I hadn't considered that... Ok, tomorrow I'll take a closer look at what I can get from mfc easily (web stuff isn't my forté, but it might be fairly straight-forward).

It doesn't change the fact that their are no guarantees that it will continue working if MFC changes, so I think MFC should, ideally, be the ones doing this but I'll have a crack at it.
The main issue you're going to have is that the interface you are presented as a member is not the same interface presented to models. To do the scraping you want to do you're going to need access to the Model Broadcaster.

Jessi said:

- Helps me make a budget
- Keeps track of what I have on my Payoneer, bank account and cash on hand and allots different amounts to be spent on different budget items
- Calculates my daily goal based on my budget needs, how many tokens Ive earned so far and how many days are left before my next pay day

I would love to see this as free software but I havent written Java since highschool so I have no idea what Im doing or how to implement it. Would also love to see a feature that account for the fees payoneer/bank wire/ various payment methods use.

From the high concept which you've supplied, that certainly seems possible. If you'd like to embellish on a few of those points, regarding what exactly you'd need the program to do for you, then I'd be able to get a better idea of the scope of the project. A copy of the excel document (with your real values removed, of course) would help me get an idea of what it would be trying to replace, too.

You can post here, but I'm also available via private message or I'm me@trueidiot.net if you'd prefer.

Kradek said:
The main issue you're going to have is that the interface you are presented as a member is not the same interface presented to models. To do the scraping you want to do you're going to need access to the Model Broadcaster.

Hmm, this is probably true... However, I don't know how the broadcaster works yet but, if model mail can be viewed similarly to member mail, then the difference is trivial. It would just require a soupçon of co-operation from a model. But these are all things which will need investigating.

trueidiot said:
Hmm, this is probably true... However, I don't know how the broadcaster works yet but, if model mail can be viewed similarly to member mail, then the difference is trivial. It would just require a soupçon of co-operation from a model. But these are all things which will need investigating.
Actually nevermind, you should just be able to use profiles.myfreecams.com, which also shows mail.

trueidiot said:
Jessi said:

- Helps me make a budget

From the high concept which you've supplied, that certainly seems possible. If you'd like to embellish on a few of those points, regarding what exactly you'd need the program to do for you, then I'd be able to get a better idea of the scope of the project. A copy of the excel document (with your real values removed, of course) would help me get an idea of what it would be trying to replace, too.

You can post here, but I'm also available via private message or I'm me@trueidiot.net if you'd prefer.

Kradek said:

model mail, to my knowledge is exactly the same as member mail (through our back door 'admin' page)

However its possible with the model web broadcaster to send MFC mail.. and it appears as a pop up for us on our browser. I dont know if that changes anything?

trueidiot said:
The model broadcaster makes extensive use of the JavaScript library Sencha Ext JS (formally just Ext JS) which uses AJAX/JSON extensively. I would be surprised if there was not a service API behind the scenes to drive this. However like you mentioned you would need to have access to the broadcaster to get the service URI's and the JSON payloads being returned.

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: trueidiot
CallMeWilliam said:
The model broadcaster makes extensive use of the JavaScript library Sencha Ext JS (formally just Ext JS) which uses AJAX/JSON extensively. I would be surprised if there was not a service API behind the scenes to drive this. However like you mentioned you would need to have access to the broadcaster to get the service URI's and the JSON payloads being returned.

:twocents-02cents:

Thanks for that, it's quite interesting and awesome to know for the future. Thankfully, after being shown the view from behind the curtain, it looks like I should be able to access everything I need through static html pages (driven by php, of course).

trueidiot said:
LadyLuna said:

I think anything that works now would be great. There are so many things MFC could do, but it will never happen. Thus the reason people ask for these type of things. If I had the coding skills I would have liked to helped with a project like this. Thanks. :thumbleft:

Any plans for doing programs for girls that dabble in streamate? *bats eyelashes* I personally ccould use a program that calculates how much per minute my gold show is costing members vs. paying out to the model. It's difficult sometimes finding the balance between countdown, gold goal, member price and model payout. It would be nice to have everything neatly calculated out before I start my countdowns.

And it would save me from sitting down and making myself a lengthy written spread sheet of each time/goal I might use on a day to day basis.

Reactions: Violet October
NerdgasmGirl said:
Any plans for doing programs for girls that dabble in streamate? *bats eyelashes* I personally ccould use a program that calculates how much per minute my gold show is costing members vs. paying out to the model. It's difficult sometimes finding the balance between countdown, gold goal, member price and model payout. It would be nice to have everything neatly calculated out before I start my countdowns.

And it would save me from sitting down and making myself a lengthy written spread sheet of each time/goal I might use on a day to day basis.

I'm not necessarily specific to any one site, I was just working with and mfc model so the products created had a slight slant towards the mfc works. I don't know streamate very well (my computer has decided it won't even load the site...), so I'll need filling in on some of the details associated with it (e.g. what is a gold show? how much do they cost? what is a model's take home percentage etc.) but I am certainly not averse to working with, and for, models from the site

I would supply you with exactly 428,380,293 thanks and luffs for creating a program that streamed multiple webcam streams to a website via a flash (or similar) plugin. :3 Rude has a huge clamp down on the market, and they've just gone all free on their voyeur cams, so there's no good multiple camera options for those of us that don't run servers just basic shared server (non-setting adjusting) domains. No audio required, just good quality streaming cams able to be easily plugged into a basic member's area, and I don't mean .jpg's that refresh.

I'm going to spend this weekend setting up a project management solution, and possibly drafting up a specification, for the ideas which you guys have already put forward, then I should be able to start working on at least one of them next weekend (I don't have a lot of free time during the week).

I also saw the board manager out in the wild yesterday; the model using it said that it was the 4th countdown she'd used it for, so I guess she liked it. It makes me happy that I can help you guys. And if there are any criticisms or suggestions for improvements of the already released software, please don't hesitate to let me know. You can post here, pm me here, send me MFC mail or send me an email (me@trueidiot.net). I also don't block my pms on mfc, but I'd prefer if that was only used if it is urgent.

CamGirlKitten said:
I would supply you with exactly 428,380,293 thanks and luffs for creating a program that streamed multiple webcam streams to a website via a flash (or similar) plugin. :3 Rude has a huge clamp down on the market, and they've just gone all free on their voyeur cams, so there's no good multiple camera options for those of us that don't run servers just basic shared server (non-setting adjusting) domains. No audio required, just good quality streaming cams able to be easily plugged into a basic member's area, and I don't mean .jpg's that refresh.
Wow, that would be a lot of thanks... Unfortunately I don't think I can do that right now. I don't really have any network programming experience, so I'm not sure how I would even attempt to start that.

NerdgasmGirl said:

I sent you a pm Nerdgasm, but in case other girls want it:

I made a spreadsheet for that (MODELS ONLY LINK)

(I bumped it for other models as well, figure putting it up there as many ways as possible will help girls find it.)

trueidiot said:
I also saw the board manager out in the wild yesterday; the model using it said that it was the 4th countdown she'd used it for, so I guess she liked it. It makes me happy that I can help you guys. And if there are any criticisms or suggestions for improvements of the already released software, please don't hesitate to let me know. You can post here, pm me here, send me MFC mail or send me an email (me@trueidiot.net). I also don't block my pms on mfc, but I'd prefer if that was only used if it is urgent.
That was me, I was actually going to come to this thread to rave about the program and then I forgot.
I especially liked the 'split tip' feature, one of my regs kept tipping me amounts that were bigger than my highest numbers - I had a consecutive board from 1-50 once, and he would tip 200 or 75 to make me use the split tip feature so we could see if it worked, and it was great. :clap:

I really liked using the software. You can easily use it without using a physical board at the same time, I think.. Just put the numbers in your topic.
trueidiot also put a lot of work into the pdf that comes with it and I recommend that everyone reads it.

There's one thing that would have been really useful that is not in the software AFAIK. If you have a token goal you want to reach with your consecutive numbers, just being able to enter that somewhere and then the software gives you the numbers you need to do - that would be great.
Like, say you have a countdown of 2000 tokens, you have to play around a bit with different finish numbers til you find out that the numbers 1-63 (=2016) are what comes closest to your goal.

LilyMarie said:
There's one thing that would have been really useful that is not in the software AFAIK. If you have a token goal you want to reach with your consecutive numbers, just being able to enter that somewhere and then the software gives you the numbers you need to do - that would be great.
Like, say you have a countdown of 2000 tokens, you have to play around a bit with different finish numbers til you find out that the numbers 1-63 (=2016) are what comes closest to your goal.
Thank you for the feedback, Lily.

I think you are right about that not currently being in there. It should be a simple change, so I'll take a look first thing in the morning.

Also, pursuant to the issue you were having with continuity yesterday, I was thinking that it could be useful to be able to generate a list of the remaining numbers that you could paste into chat. Do you think that would be a good idea?

Reactions: LilyMarie
trueidiot said:
LilyMarie said:
Thank you for the feedback, Lily.

I think you are right about that not currently being in there. It should be a simple change, so I'll take a look first thing in the morning.

Also, pursuant to the issue you were having with continuity yesterday, I was thinking that it could be useful to be able to generate a list of the remaining numbers that you could paste into chat. Do you think that would be a good idea?
YES. :clap:

The people yesterday would sometimes tip random numbers, chasing after the secret number. So when I had 27-59 left, and somebody tipped 41 and 34 and 56 for example, the topic (27-59) still had to stay the same obviously. Members who came into the room would think that all the numbers from 27 to 59 were still left to be tipped.
So yeah, it would be really useful to have a feature like what you described.

I've just updated the board manager program. If you have edited your default prizes document (Prizes.txt), be careful not to overwrite it with the example document in the zip. I've overwritten the file on the server, so the link in models only should still work.

Changes 03/02/2013:
+Added feature for generating start and finish numbers from a count
+Added ability to copy remaining numbers from board into the clipboard
+Window is now set to stay on top of other windows

(there is an upgrade version available if you modify the address from the link in Models Only to add "(upgrade)" to the file name so that the file is now "BoardManager(upgrade).zip", the only difference between the two versions is that the upgrade does not contain a Prizes.txt file).

Reactions: LilyMarie
I'd like to say that I've emailed MFC about the mail notification and have not yet received a reply. It's been a few days now, so I don't really expect to hear back.

I thought of a new thing that would be helpful for us though... With the new developments of the model web broadcaster, I've been wanting something that will tell me how long I've been on and my average token amount per hour. Then having that info to compare with other nights, months, etc. would be very useful for setting goals and stuff.

I still dunno how easy or possible it would be to implement features like these, but I figured they were worth suggesting. Still hoping for MFC mail notifications!

Status
Not open for further replies.