AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Game of Thrones!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I re-read the books between seasons. Its a great way to pass the time. Plus book 5 comes out in paperback in August and I definitely need to re-read the series for that. I'm still trying to track down some of the short stories GRRM wrote that take place about 100 years before the books and the comic adaptations of those stories.

JoeEmGee said:
I re-read the books between seasons. Its a great way to pass the time. Plus book 5 comes out in paperback in August and I definitely need to re-read the series for that. I'm still trying to track down some of the short stories GRRM wrote that take place about 100 years before the books and the comic adaptations of those stories.
the Dunk and Egg stories are in the Legends 1 and 2 books and Warriors (anthology books)

Yeah I know which books the stories are in. Its just a matter of finding the books in the right condition and at the right price. I'm very picky about this stuff.

Just finished a Storm of Swords. So many tears. I had to reread the ending like 3 times to let it all sink in.

As a costume nerd, I found this article interesting: ‘Game of Thrones’ costume designer Michele Clapton.
"We have everything on site: our armorers, our weavers and our embroiderers. We weave our own fabric with our loom — many of the fabrics are literally made from scratch."

jennavalentine said:
book 3 is probably my favorite book of all time.
i tried reading 4 but i think he lost his way and i'm just going to wait for the tv series :\ that book frustrated me.
a little sad they switched a lot around in season 2.
book 4 is where they started to splinter.
book 4 and 5 were meant to be one book.. and part of 6 as well.

Yeah, by the time you get to book 4 there are just soooooooooo many storylines and characters to keep track of that it can get a bit overwhelming. I really like book 4 though because we get to meet more of the characters from Dorne. I love Arianne and the Sand Snakes. I can't wait to see how the show deals with them.

Crumb said:
jennavalentine said:
book 3 is probably my favorite book of all time.
i tried reading 4 but i think he lost his way and i'm just going to wait for the tv series :\ that book frustrated me.
a little sad they switched a lot around in season 2.
book 4 is where they started to splinter.
book 4 and 5 were meant to be one book.. and part of 6 as well.

yeah i know book 4 and 5 were suppose to be at the same time but i seriously think he just pulled a bunch of characters out of his ass for no reason. also the chapters make no sense. i am cliff noting book 4 and going onto 5.

Well having read the reviews for A Feast for Crows on Amazon (after noticing less stars than the previous ones) I decided I'd take a break from it and read a few other books before I get going back into the series after I finished A Storm of Swords. Hopefully I can maintain this break long enough to not put myself into too much of the "omfg I have to wait?!?!?" mentality. Right now I know I need only finish my current book if I want to get back into that world by starting the next one.

We'll see how this works out. I've enjoyed them quite a lot up to this point. :D

I have just under 400 pages left in A Storm Of Swords!!! I don't want it to end!! :crybaby:

Just heard Iwan Rheon has been cast for season 3. I'm hoping he's going to play Ramsay Snow/Bolton. So excited!!!

When watching the show, opposed to the books I've read I can not help but feel somewhat slapped in the face. I have to understand that with the limited amount of time they are allowed to do a season, with the budgeting that some things are left out.
But come the fuck on. There was one part that pissed me off the most and that was during the House of the Undying part. A huge part happened in the book that was not mentioned in the show. It's so huge that it's brought up several times in the books as Daenerys thinks on what was said.

Yeah I hate that they totally ignored some major characters lol - like the entire Tully family and their castle, which is smack dab in the middle of the warzone. Oh and Ramsay Snow - hell Roose Bolton was supposed to be in command of Harrenhal while Arya was there as his cupbearer but instead they made it Tywin Lannister - it seems like Bolton won't betray him at all. There's not much point bringing Ramsay Snow in now - the Greyjoys already killed Ser Cassel, and those two miller's boys (saying it was the Stark kids) and burned Winterfell! There's pretty much nothing left for him to do - in the books he did all those things.

Well, I suspect you're being sarcastic lol...but they should include everything, even if it takes an extra season to complete the series. People like the show because the story and characters and writing (as well as the acting, etc) are brilliant, and the stuff they cut out is great stuff. Where's Vargo Hoat and the Bloody Mummers?

what we know and love as A Song of Ice and Fire the books is not what they're producing on tv as Game of Thrones.
slowly but surely it's changing as they change a character or two and deleting a scene or two

Martin did a talk at Google a year or so ago after the release of A Dance With Dragons, where he addressed the divergence between the books and the HBO series. The overall talk is very good if you like the story in general.

Not everything you guys are mentioning is being ignored. Certain characters and events are just getting moved around a bit. For instance, Catelyn's brother and uncle have been cast for S3. We will see The Blackfish, Edmure, and Riverrun...finally!

I got a kick out of peoples reactions to the show that had not read the books. :lol:

I can't wait to see how he reacts to the Red Wedding :eek:

Just Me said:
I got a kick out of peoples reactions to the show that had not read the books. :lol:

I can't wait to see how he reacts to the Red Wedding :eek:
ROFL yeah I was having a discussion with a guy in lounge named RobStark (yeah he mispelled Robb) who hasn't read the books and it became apparent he had no clue what was in store for his hero...made me chuckle. I love/hate the Red Wedding as I'm sure most do - I kinda hate the result but love the reactions it causes in me, the depth of emotion after years of reading about those involved.

I unfortunately found out about the red wedding when looking up the origins of the Lannister's song. And the emotions I had just by finding about it were enough to make me want to punch someone.

i love that show,its in my top 5 tv show´s list.

also can´t wait for the new season and all the new charakters.

I've been purposefully avoiding the books. I gather they are great but there ain't many tv shows I enjoy and I've been enjoying this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.