AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Game of Thrones!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw it! I don't WANT to read the books now. I'm still pissed.

Reactions: Aella and DoctorVen
I hope no one is reading this thread without having seen the latest episode. I don't want to spoil anything for you. If not don't read the quote box.

Truth is stranger than fiction:

What about the Red Wedding itself? Is that based on history too?
The Red Wedding is based on a couple real events from Scottish history. One was a case called The Black Dinner.
The king of Scotland was fighting the Black Douglas clan. He reached out to make peace. He offered the young
Earl of Douglas safe passage. He came to Edinburgh Castle and had a great feast. Then at the end of the feast,
[the king's men] started pounding on a single drum. They brought out a covered plate and put it in front of the Earl
and revealed it was the head of a black boar — the symbol of death. And as soon as he saw it, he knew what it meant.
They dragged them out and put them to death in the courtyard. The larger instance was the Glencoe Massacre.
Clan MacDonald stayed with the Campbell clan overnight and the laws of hospitality supposedly applied.
But the Campbells arose and started butchering every MacDonald they could get their hands on. No matter how
much I make up, there’s stuff in history that’s just as bad, or worse.

Just Me said:
I hope no one is reading this thread without having seen the latest episode. I don't want to spoil anything for you. If not don't read the quote box.

Truth is stranger than fiction:

What about the Red Wedding itself? Is that based on history too?
The Red Wedding is based on a couple real events from Scottish history. One was a case called The Black Dinner.
The king of Scotland was fighting the Black Douglas clan. He reached out to make peace. He offered the young
Earl of Douglas safe passage. He came to Edinburgh Castle and had a great feast. Then at the end of the feast,
[the king's men] started pounding on a single drum. They brought out a covered plate and put it in front of the Earl
and revealed it was the head of a black boar — the symbol of death. And as soon as he saw it, he knew what it meant.
They dragged them out and put them to death in the courtyard. The larger instance was the Glencoe Massacre.
Clan MacDonald stayed with the Campbell clan overnight and the laws of hospitality supposedly applied.
But the Campbells arose and started butchering every MacDonald they could get their hands on. No matter how
much I make up, there’s stuff in history that’s just as bad, or worse.

It happened in a lot on all cultures. Genghis Khan's father was killed the same way by the Tatars, and in their case, payback really was a bitch.

I knew Walter Frey was bad news and Rob's marrying the Volantis girl was going to bite him on the ass eventually but I was certainly not expecting it to happen this way. I thought Frey would promise support on the Casterly Rock attack and then betray him on the battle field or something along those lines.

Now, if the Stark's bannermen don't reduce The Twins to ashes it will leave me feeling like this all affair was a trick to up the shock value. I love love love GoT but this was a bit implausible (who on his right mind would kill the King in the North knowing it means his own annihilation?)

MilaE said:
I knew Walter Frey was bad news and Rob's marrying the Volantis girl was going to bite him on the ass eventually but I was certainly not expecting it to happen this way. I thought Frey would promise support on the Casterly Rock attack and then betray him on the battle field or something along those lines.

Now, if the Stark's bannermen don't reduce The Twins to ashes it will leave me feeling like this all affair was a trick to up the shock value. I love love love GoT but this was a bit implausible (who on his right mind would kill the King in the North knowing it means his own annihilation?)

You need generals and a willingness to fight to do that. The troops are now leaderless and a long way from home. Frey can simply deploy in a strong defensive position and wait for Lannister troops from Castily rock or the capital to break the siege. Rob was a complete dumbass for trying and got what he deserved really.

I unfortunately stumbled upon that spoiler back in Season 2 when I was looking up the story behind and significance of the song the rains of castamere and the site I clicked on decided to tell me that it was also played in this scene. I just wanted to know about the castameres!

I did not know the episode or when it would happen but I knew it was going to happen. My friend called it a few weeks ago without knowing anything because he kept making plans to go visit her home and her family later. In fiction it's a law that when ever you put off something you're going to die before you ever get the chance. Ned was going to have a serious talk with Jon Snow in season 1 when they saw each other again too...oh.

I am very happy there is another episode, because if this was the season finale I may have found myself breaking everything around me.

Also how many of the Stark troops had followed them to the wedding? Those there were all drunk and I assumed slaughtered by all the sober soldiers seen running out of the castle when the Hound showed up.

All the hate for what happened is the show runners fault. Rob and his wife (she survived) weren't big characters in the books so the red wedding was surprising but not as jarring. To anyone thinking of giving up on the show you'll be missing out on a great story with lots of unexpected twists and turns. :twocents-02cents:
Miss_Lollipop said:
https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

SPOILERS for the lastest episdode.
bwhaha
Man doesn't anyone read anymore. :lol:

Albert_1 said:
All the hate for what happened is the show runners fault. Rob and his wife (she survived) weren't big characters in the books so the red wedding was surprising but not as jarring. To anyone thinking of giving up on the show you'll be missing out on a great story with lots of unexpected twists and turns. :twocents-02cents:
Miss_Lollipop said:
https://twitter.com/RedWeddingTears

SPOILERS for the lastest episdode.
bwhaha
Man doesn't anyone read anymore. :lol:

Huh?

As far as i am concerned i wouldnt rule out Robb coming back to life. :lol:

With Bran's..power oh wait.. Still have no clue as to Arya's ability either..

All what has happened so far..is pretty irrelevent to what happens later. I cant see GOT the tv show - continue its success unless they change the plot soon.

Red7227 said:
MilaE said:

You need generals and a willingness to fight to do that. The troops are now leaderless and a long way from home. Frey can simply deploy in a strong defensive position and wait for Lannister troops from Castily rock or the capital to break the siege. Rob was a complete dumbass for trying and got what he deserved really.

Right. And hopefully they will explain adequately 'why' Walter Frey felt safe enough to do all that shit. There is a reason, that cunning turd.

dogglius said:
spoilers and not for people without a sense of humour.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2ZiWfGv

in other news, GoT is not doing it for me anymore. The End.

-DP

Nah, now that the unwashed slob of the north is out of the way, we can get on with the much more interesting bits of the story. Jamie is redeemed and the gimp has always been a sweetie. Daenerys has a city and is now a major player, and we still have lots of people to ate and stuff to work through. I imagine Jon Snow dumping his redhead and running is going to to have a story to it, as is Twyin Lannister when he meets Aria again and finds out who she is. I also want to see if there is anything between Jamie and his 7 foot blond or is he just being an utter cad yet again :D

So late getting back to this thread....but yes. The Red Wedding. I felt so empty after it, a total shock! As soon as I heard the Lannister song my heart sunk, and it kept on sinking. And sinking. And sinking...the silent credits were chilling and perfect. I had to re-watch it again. Then again the next day. I've accepted it now. I loved it! G.R.R.M. played me like a fiddle throughout that whole episode. I even let my guard down with Walder Frey being a grossly cheeky old perv. I...Bolton. Hmm. I like him, and I love his little head-games he plays. He makes disliking and fearing him enjoyable.

I want to say I'll be prepared for the next big thing, but I don't know. It's like walking into a haunted house now- I know I'm going to get scared, but I want it!

Tomorrow.

Reactions: LilyEvans
There have been couple episodes where I regretted having read the books, this is definitely one of the episodes. It was a very bloody scene in the books and certainly shocking. The TV show didn't disappoint in the brutality, but no shock. I'll also prefer the scene with Jon Snow in this episode to how it was handled in the books.

HiGirlsRHot said:
There have been couple episodes where I regretted having read the books, this is definitely one of the episodes. It was a very bloody scene in the books and certainly shocking. The TV show didn't disappoint in the brutality, but no shock. I'll also prefer the scene with Jon Snow in this episode to how it was handled in the books.

I've had the books suggested to me, but as the show is in such depth with 10 episodes per book, I don't think that I'e really missing out. I, might skip the books for a few years I think until this is all forgotten.

Red7227 said:
HiGirlsRHot said:

I've had the books suggested to me, but as the show is in such depth with 10 episodes per book, I don't think that I'e really missing out. I, might skip the books for a few years I think until this is all forgotten.

This season is only HALF of book 3... I think they're doing the same for book 4

They pretty much have to do something to not catch up to him. He could be another 5 years before he's finished writing it at the pace he's going.

JerryBoBerry said:
They pretty much have to do something to not catch up to him. He could be another 5 years before he's finished writing it at the pace he's going.

Not to mention the books are huge and have many, many characters. In fact, books four and five take place consecutively but are split between geographical areas. From the books that are out now we could have at least like three more seasons before he runs out of material.

Reactions: Rosemary
Finally caught up (one of the benefits of being signed off work is being able to sit at home and watch two full seasons of Game of Thrones in four days) and whuuuut the fuuuuuuck? :shock:

I did not see that coming. I feel like the rug has been pulled out from underneath me, yo. In a good way. I think. Actually, I don't know what to think any more. This whole season has had me second guessing so much of what I thought I knew about this series. I thought Theon was harmless. Then he allowed himself to become something of a monster. Then I figured maybe he was being manipulated. Now I feel sorry for him. I thought I despised Jamie Lannister. Now I'm beginning to wonder if he's not without some decency. I thought I couldn't possibly hate Joffrey Lannister any more than I already did. I was proven wrong at least twice. I thought Robb Stark was going to avenge his father's death. I was wrong.

I am glad the Red Wedding episode wasn't the last of the season. It was too depressing a note to go out on. I almost wouldn't be upset if the final episode was 60 minutes of comic relief now.

Reactions: Aella and Rosemary
So what happens on the north now? With Robb dead, Arya, Bran & the little child missing, Who is heir? Sansa? If Sansa inherits the title that means Tyrion inherits the title. Are the Lannisters wardens of the North now? King Robert had promised Jamie the East after Jon Arryn died.. That would make the Lion wardens of South, East & North. Mad respect for Tywin, man!

Reactions: Rosemary
MilaE said:
So what happens on the north now? With Robb dead, Arya, Bran & the little child missing, Who is heir? Sansa? If Sansa inherits the title that means Tyrion inherits the title. Are the Lannisters wardens of the North now? King Robert had promised Jamie the East after Jon Arryn died.. That would make the Lion wardens of South, East & North. Mad respect for Tywin, man!

Most of the army of the north still exists under the Karstarks. They still hate the Lannisters for the death of Ned, but a truce is possible with the wildlings across the wall, winter coming and the Greyjoys is such desperate need of buttfucking. The only problem is Joffery being such a verminous toad.

Really liked the Sam and Bran interaction. Knowing what happens....sad we did not get Jeoffrey's wedding and the aftermath.....,.

Red7227 said:
dogglius said:
spoilers and not for people without a sense of humour.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2ZiWfGv

in other news, GoT is not doing it for me anymore. The End.

-DP

Nah, now that the unwashed slob of the north is out of the way, we can get on with the much more interesting bits of the story. Jamie is redeemed and the gimp has always been a sweetie. Daenerys has a city and is now a major player, and we still have lots of people to ate and stuff to work through. I imagine Jon Snow dumping his redhead and running is going to to have a story to it, as is Twyin Lannister when he meets Aria again and finds out who she is. I also want to see if there is anything between Jamie and his 7 foot blond or is he just being an utter cad yet again :D

Oh no, this malaise has been apparent with me since the start of season 3. I dont think ill continue on after the end of season 3 as I (personally) found this season to be long, drawn out and largely annoying. But this is my (wildly unpopular) opinion.

-DP

Status
Not open for further replies.