AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting A Room "Going"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xilliannax

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 9, 2014
Western New York
patreon.com
Twitter Username
@Xilliannaz
Tumblr Username
Xilliannax
MFC Username
Xilliannax
Streamate Username
Xilliannax
Chaturbate Username
Xilliannax
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/40731/fetish-by-illianna
It's always been my issue of getting a room started when I start my cam room up. I don't have a huge following and normally get bored and really have no idea how to engage my "pop ins" once the "o0o0o0o new girl!" wears off.

Help?

(I'm sorry if this is a repeat, I tried searching and couldn't find anything that fit)

Reactions: SinSeraTea
They say to "play games". BUT, how do you PLAY games with only 2-3 prems in the room, with 2 w NO TOKENS?
Sometimes i thought about playing a FREE GAME, u know for FUN and theres no prizes at the end cuz it'd be FREE, but again its impossible with very very low room count.

They say to interact with the members, but if they're just popping in and out, how are we supposed to INTERACT?

I hope for this thread, there's finally going to be a clear answer because I'm sure countless of struggling models with LOW ROOM COUNTS are wondering the same thing:

when we start our room, how in the world do we get it started if we barely have a FOLLOWING? *if there is such a thread in the model's only section, please post because its obvious we can't find it or threads like this wouldn't be posted*

yes we can watch other top models, but copying doesn't really help.

I'm very curious to what the answers will be in this thread :)

MFC is not my home- I would love to make it my home but i often get bored w low room counts and no one talking. Unless I have a regular in the room I have no idea what to do. My main home is Streammate and its not as social as mfc i can play music and a guy either takes you pvt or they don't. I mean some guys sit and chat but I stay pretty busy in pvt when I am on. Anyways playing games is great BUT if you have a low room count I just am on the same page as you girls and would love some advice because I know I can be successful on MFC I just need to be consistent and think of what to do when you have little to no ppl in your room =)

btw i dropped to a super low camscore and slowly have gotten it up to close to 1600 which I am super impressed with and I guess part of my fear is staying on to long and it going back down to 700.

Angelbaby said:
I hope for this thread, there's finally going to be a clear answer because I'm sure countless of struggling models with LOW ROOM COUNTS are wondering the same thing:

when we start our room, how in the world do we get it started if we barely have a FOLLOWING? *if there is such a thread in the model's only section, please post because its obvious we can't find it or threads like this wouldn't be posted*

I don't think there IS a clear answer, or some secret magic thing that will immediately draw in tons of tipping premiums. Unfortunately it's trial and error, and I agree that it's hard and it sucks when you have awesome games planned but nobody to play them with, but there's no hidden trick that any successful model can give us that will solve this problem.

For me, getting the room going usually involves bouncing around, chatting a lot, trying to get people talking, and maybe offering some kind of game. If nobody's talking, sometimes I just minimize the screen and dance around. Usually that brings more people and then at least a few of them will chat. I try to think up different conversation topics beforehand so I don't get stuck. And some days, literally nobody will talk and it sucks (and then I log off because it makes me too mad, lol).

Another idea might be to get a friend who has a premium account or another model who has one to come in and help you keep the chatting going. At least that keeps it from getting too boring and if you're already having a fun conversation, others might be inclined to join in.

But I don't think it's fair to expect someone to just give a clear answer, because it's not the same for everyone and any tips that people do share (like playing games or interacting) are probably things that worked for them, so I think it's a bit rude to say "that didn't work, give me more". Girls are pretty nice to share all their success secrets as it is!

GenXoxo said:
Angelbaby said:

I don't think there IS a clear answer, or some secret magic thing that will immediately draw in tons of tipping premiums. Unfortunately it's trial and error, and I agree that it's hard and it sucks when you have awesome games planned but nobody to play them with, but there's no hidden trick that any successful model can give us that will solve this problem.

For me, getting the room going usually involves bouncing around, chatting a lot, trying to get people talking, and maybe offering some kind of game. If nobody's talking, sometimes I just minimize the screen and dance around. Usually that brings more people and then at least a few of them will chat. I try to think up different conversation topics beforehand so I don't get stuck. And some days, literally nobody will talk and it sucks (and then I log off because it makes me too mad, lol).

Another idea might be to get a friend who has a premium account or another model who has one to come in and help you keep the chatting going. At least that keeps it from getting too boring and if you're already having a fun conversation, others might be inclined to join in.

But I don't think it's fair to expect someone to just give a clear answer, because it's not the same for everyone and any tips that people do share (like playing games or interacting) are probably things that worked for them, so I think it's a bit rude to say "that didn't work, give me more". Girls are pretty nice to share all their success secrets as it is!

To go along with Gen too, even if there was a "secret" it still may not work. What works for one, may not work for another!

Find your groooove ladies ;)

Thank guys for your input!

didn't mean to be "hey give me this answer!* im having weird ovary pain (pcos) please forgive me :) and last night was so horrible so maybe that's why i decided to rant a little on this thread

Peace :h: :h: :h:

Angelbaby said:
Thank guys for your input!

didn't mean to be "hey give me this answer!* im having weird ovary pain (pcos) please forgive me :) and last night was so horrible so maybe that's why i decided to rant a little on this thread

Peace :h: :h: :h:

There's no need to be sorry! We have all struggle sometimes and I think we all understand the frustrations that can come along with MFC and the camming world. I'm not a "star" on there either and sometimes I can get really upset after a show if it's too quiet. You just gotta keep trying! You'll figure out what works for you and the guys who frequent your room most often.

I wish there was a secret formula that we could all use too... it's just not realistic.

Be positive in yourself and things will happen. :-D

I don't remember who suggested it but I read it somewhere on these forums at some point. But if the room is super quiet and not very full you could fake an interesting PM. Like be like "OMG guys one of my regs just asked me "insert interesting shit here" and i didn't feel like typing". Then you just start randomly chatting about your answer to this fake PM. Sounds stupid but I've done it a few times and people find it believable if they have ever PM'd me because I tend to answer PMs out loud if they aren't personal.

A couple times when I was bored on Streamate and it was obvious the couple guys in my room weren't going to take me private, but were good at keeping me company. We played a kind of "truth or dare" game, only we didn't do any dares. It was kind of fun.

Just an idea. Especially for lower room counts.

I'm not familiar with "games" - I started camming on MyGirlFund where, you wanted me you "grabbed" me. This "free chat" this is new to me, so I'm a little lost in "what's expected"/"normal" if that makes any sense, plus keeping it fun for you/me

xilliannax said:
I'm not familiar with "games" - I started camming on MyGirlFund where, you wanted me you "grabbed" me. This "free chat" this is new to me, so I'm a little lost in "what's expected"/"normal" if that makes any sense, plus keeping it fun for you/me

I think the absolute best way to make yourself more familiar and hopefully understand it a little better, would be to just watch an epic shitton of models on MFC! It's what I did and I think it should be one of the first steps for every model. It's seriously so important and will give you lots of ideas about what is being done, what is normal for members/models, what is common/popular,etc.

Enjoy! It's fun too!

KayleePond said:
xilliannax said:

I think the absolute best way to make yourself more familiar and hopefully understand it a little better, would be to just watch an epic shitton of models on MFC! It's what I did and I think it should be one of the first steps for every model. It's seriously so important and will give you lots of ideas about what is being done, what is normal for members/models, what is common/popular,etc.

Enjoy! It's fun too!

I tried that, and that's why I came here to ask if there was something I'm "missing" to getting the room "going" because I do a great deal of what the top to medium models do but normally attract guys with no tokens or "ghosts".

Here's My Check List:
-Good lights
-Good cam
-Light music in the background to dance/play to
-Cute lingerie / costume nights

Small goals don't work for me, it seems like the guys are basically waiting for someone else to come in and "pay their way" and games have had similar effects. I don't know if I should be "faking" games as well as conversation or what exactly.

I'm pretty curious about all this too. And it really seems to vary night by night, although I've only been on for about a week. Maybe keeping a regular camming schedule will help to get the room going, since people will know what to expect and you'll hopefully have regulars whose tastes you will know.

I mean, what I've been getting into the groove of doing is 150 tk bra off, 150 tk panties off and then some amount for more um, intimate activities. Some times when I have done this, things pick up and move along quickly but once I did this (at a kind've weird time) and there were absolutely no takers. So I kept changing the goal. Like, since the stripping goals weren't working, I just got naked and set a goal for masturbation with a toy. But that didn't work either. So I guess what I'm saying is that if you think you can get a room going by advancing the show for free...perhaps not. Sometimes it seems the room just won't go along with you and that's ok.

I've also found that moving around a lot (e.g. touching myself on different parts of my body, changing positions frequently) make a whole hell of a lot of difference in who stays in my room.

Reactions: Always_Tim
xilliannax said:
It's always been my issue of getting a room started when I start my cam room up. I don't have a huge following and normally get bored and really have no idea how to engage my "pop ins" once the "o0o0o0o new girl!" wears off.

Help?

(I'm sorry if this is a repeat, I tried searching and couldn't find anything that fit)

Fake it 'til you make it. Pretend that instead of 5 people in your room, there's 500 and dance around, be weird, be yourself, whatever you do. Don't wait until someone pops in to start trying to be engaging, start before they get there and they'll be more inclined to stick around.

Angelbaby said:
They say to "play games". BUT, how do you PLAY games with only 2-3 prems in the room, with 2 w NO TOKENS?
Sometimes i thought about playing a FREE GAME, u know for FUN and theres no prizes at the end cuz it'd be FREE, but again its impossible with very very low room count.

Play low pressure games that don't need a large group of people playing. Prize draw games only require 1 person at a time, hangman with low token amounts to guess, clear the board with low token amounts (I was a fan of using alphabet magnets to give it my own twist).

Angelbaby said:
They say to interact with the members, but if they're just popping in and out, how are we supposed to INTERACT?

You just talk. Talk at them/to yourself until someone talks back. Anything can be an ice breaker. Talk about how everyone must be suffering from broken keyboard syndrome. Tell bad jokes. I frequently threaten to break their speakers by singing into my hitachi until they talk to me and it almost always gets someone to talk to me.

Angelbaby said:

yes we can watch other top models, but copying doesn't really help.

I'm very curious to what the answers will be in this thread :)

This might sound really harsh, but the hardest part of camming is figuring it out on your own. It's about being unique and standing out in a crowd, working your ass off, brainstorming ideas and figuring out a way to implement them in a way that works for YOUR camroom. What works for me won't necessarily work for you and vice versa.

xilliannax said:
KayleePond said:
xilliannax said:

Enjoy! It's fun too!

I tried that, and that's why I came here to ask if there was something I'm "missing" to getting the room "going" because I do a great deal of what the top to medium models do but normally attract guys with no tokens or "ghosts".

Here's My Check List:
-Good lights
-Good cam

Small goals don't work for me, it seems like the guys are basically waiting for someone else to come in and "pay their way" and games have had similar effects. I don't know if I should be "faking" games as well as conversation or what exactly.

While it seems like you have the basics covered, don't be afraid to think outside the box and use your imagination. Make it fun for you and it will be a fun place that people will want to be in with you. I know that sounds like a vague non-answer, but there are really so many threads about running your room/playing games/having fun/alternative show ideas/etc., that just taking some real time to sit down and pour through the pages and pages will do you (and any other newbie) a world of good. There are stories of peoples first days and weeks, trials and errors and everything else buried in these pages.

The best advice I've ever read about getting a room going is to entertain like there are already hundreds of people there. It might seem silly dancing around in your underwear in front of 3 or 4 people, but eventually people will see you being silly and enjoying yourself and will start to wander in to see what you're all about.

A lot of times if I get up and dance that brings a lot of people into my room.. Or painting my toenails, anything more entertaining to me but still somewhat sexy to guys popping into my room

One time I had a few people in my room but they where all silent, so I googled "bad jokes" and told then I was going to keep reading them until everyone quit being so shy.
I didn't have to read that many haha

xilliannax said:
KayleePond said:
xilliannax said:

Enjoy! It's fun too!

Here's My Check List:
-Good lights
-Good cam

I'm just wondering, how long have you been camming? I'm so new that I don't really know, but I have a feeling that a lot of getting a room going has to do with followers. I definitely feel you on watching the top models and not understanding what they are doing that you aren't doing as well, and I have to wonder if it just has to do with the fact that they have built up their fan base, which takes time to do, so the room will get going faster because people know that a good show is coming!

Reactions: AllisonWilder
Allison thank you for that! I never really thought about entertaining as if you had a full room but that really does make sense, especially about being exciting BEFORE they come in. I am gonna keep that in mind! :-D

dance, smile, say hi to new guys that pop in, ask how they are.. i think those would be a good start :)
if you want people to be interested in you, be interested in them!!
hope this helps
:toothy4:

xilliannax said:
Seriously , just talk. Talk about your day, the weather , what you like to do outside of camming. As long as you keep some sort of conversatiion along no matter how stupid then it will keep their attention.

innocent said:
Seriously , just talk. Talk about your day, the weather , what you like to do outside of camming. As long as you keep some sort of conversatiion along no matter how stupid then it will keep their attention.

I'm having trouble thinking of things to talk about too. What I do outside camming? "Oh, well, yesterday, I had some trouble debugging a recursive algorithm that I just wrote on the fly." "A friend sent me a reddit link of a guy who had his leg bone sticking out of his leg." "I really hate the idiots on the WoW RDF who just nuke, but end up pulling aggro because they can't wait 2-5 seconds for the tank to get some rolling! Then I have to heal EVERYONE, not just the tank!" :geek:

Somehow, I don't think that'll go over well... Weather it is. :lol:

Still, this thread has given me some ideas where to start... Jokes, small games, and dancing, I guess.

Emma_Lynn said:
innocent said:

I'm having trouble thinking of things to talk about too. What I do outside camming? "Oh, well, yesterday, I had some trouble debugging a recursive algorithm that I just wrote on the fly." "A friend sent me a reddit link of a guy who had his leg bone sticking out of his leg." "I really hate the idiots on the WoW RDF who just nuke, but end up pulling aggro because they can't wait 2-5 seconds for the tank to get some rolling! Then I have to heal EVERYONE, not just the tank!" :geek:

Still, this thread has given me some ideas where to start... Jokes, small games, and dancing, I guess.

I would be busting out that math geek, gore loving, gaming nerd stories! You will be bored talking about the weather. Talk about what truly interests you. Don't dumb yourself down.

MsAllyCat said:
I would be busting out that math geek, gore loving, gaming nerd stories! You will be bored talking about the weather. Talk about what truly interests you. Don't dumb yourself down.

Yay math! Oh, how I'd love to see a model talk about Hamiltonian cycles or eigenvectors or the Riemann zeta function. Describing group homomorphisms on cam would be so hot.

pop through the busy rooms. OTHER than a lively chat, what else are they doing that is interesting enough to make you stay.

What are you doing that would make you stay, if you stumbled into your own empty-ish room

Your basics list you covered are awesome but they are your foundation. They are whats required to AVOID being a turn off. Now be a turn on :)

Always_Tim said:
MsAllyCat said:

Yay math! Oh, how I'd love to see a model talk about Hamiltonian cycles or eigenvectors or the Riemann zeta function. Describing group homomorphisms on cam would be so hot.

you raging sapiosexual you :cool:

This has been the best thread I have read so far. Been doing lots of research and have been camming for a month and a half now. Today one of my regulars tipped me because I was pouty from no tips. Gonna try some of this advice. Thanks!

Emma_Lynn said:
innocent said:

I say go for it! Your interests seem like what a good group of guys are also into and Bam! you have commonalities! I'm not a big gamer, but once I sat topless with a playstation controller and I had hordes of gamer dudes in my room in 2 seconds flat. Too bad I didn't have much to chat about because I was only playing harvest moon :drool: There's someone for everyone and your area of interest is different than many models, so make it work for ya!

I have the same problem. The busiest I have seen my room is at around 15 people. Usually I have five or less.

One thing that works really well for me is playing "clear the board" for a countdown instead of just saying in the room topic what a tip will get you and when you will do a cumshow. You just write several different numbers on a piece of paper, which when added up equal your goal. Guys have to tip a number on the board for you to x it off and when they are all crossed off your countdown is complete.
Why I think it works.. I start my tips out at 5 so anyone can get involved, it brings out a slight competitive edge in the guys (every single time I wind up with guys tipping more so I can cross of more than one number and they can outdo the last guy), it is straightforward but I still have people asking me how it works or what the numbers are for so when a guy enters my room he is more likely to say hello so he can ask about it. I also think it looks more attainable. Seeing three spaces that need to be crossed off looks closer than saying 300 tokens left.

The other thing is me wearing my personality. I wear my Buffy shirt on days I'm not feeling super cheerful and we always end up talking about Buffy (something I could do all day every day) or I have my favorite band playing and attract someone else who listens to them to.

One of the things that drives me the most crazy about MFC is the need to create a carnival like environment with lots of opportunity to WIN things. I really suck at it and its very hard for me to transition from game show host to sexy cam girl ready to CUM! I am working on it personally but have not mastered the best way for me.
What always works for me is offering video specials the 1st 30min on cam and also showing previews of the videos for sale. Be sure to clearly denote that its a video preview and do not play previews for longer than 30secs to a min.
Just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.