AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting A Room "Going"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I have seemed to notice is that the moment I start camming till the first hour in is very slow, like usually 10-20 people in my room. I tend to mute guests but NOT basics because they tend to keep a conversation going even if they can't tip. I've had a basic that stayed in my room for hours and just cracked jokes and made conversation...he would have premium members join in on the fun and we would all become friends. Sometimes you just need that one guy to help keep you going, even if he can't tip. (I have noticed popular models have what I call "bitchboys" that literally have their screename named after the model and just keep conversation going, its always good to try to find yourself a little "cheerleader".) But even if you DON'T have this one guy, you can pretend that you do and just start having a fun conversation pretending you are talking to somebody on PM.
One thing I noticed is, ALWAYS BE SMILING! Even if you aren't in a good mood because it's slow, pretend to be!
Sometimes when an hour has passed by and I've only gotten like 30 tokens, I put on some fun music and start dancing and making myself look like I'm having the best time. That usually makes guys wanna click on my room and stick around to see what I'm about. What also is good is wearing cute and fun clothing. Maybe have something in the background that entices attention, (I put my artwork on the back of my wall to strike up conversation.) Tons of teasing with my sexy dancing helps too.

What I find funny is, if I think it is still TOO slow I will take off my bra, and I usually get like 10 to 20 viewers swarming in. The viewers that have already been camping in my room will become enticed and excited, if you play with your nipples and pinch them a bit it definitely helps.
I use a countdown on my topic to slowly take off my clothes. The second I start undressing my bra and panties I always get a guaranteed swarm of people, and when I'm naked I finally get 50 viewers within the 4th hour.

I am always getting ancy by the 2nd hour of making only like, 30 bucks. But If you keep pushing and start teasing, having conversation, and just SMILING, the people will come.

I was having a horrible friday last week....my fourth hour is when I finally got a huge tipper that pretty much tipped the whole countdown to cum show...as soon as I got my goal I had 140 viewers by the end of the night with tons of them asking for privates and video sales...

Patience will come, grasshopper. :thumbleft:

(Also, buying fun toys like chains and whips and using them on yourself is a good eye catcher as well!)

P.S. Also, try to make a solid schedule so your fans will know when to see you! If you have a twitter account, (which I suggest ALL models get) you should post a tweet that you will be broadcasting soon with a picture of the outfit you're wearing that night! That way you can have atleast 5 viewers already waiting for you before you even broadcast!!

Hope that helps. :)

ScarletRaven said:
One of the things that drives me the most crazy about MFC is the need to create a carnival like environment with lots of opportunity to WIN things. I really suck at it and its very hard for me to transition from game show host to sexy cam girl ready to CUM! I am working on it personally but have not mastered the best way for me.
What always works for me is offering video specials the 1st 30min on cam and also showing previews of the videos for sale. Be sure to clearly denote that its a video preview and do not play previews for longer than 30secs to a min.
Just a thought!

Not sure anyone is going to see this, but how do you guys preview your vids to the guys in your room on cam?

PetitGatinha said:
ScarletRaven said:
One of the things that drives me the most crazy about MFC is the need to create a carnival like environment with lots of opportunity to WIN things. I really suck at it and its very hard for me to transition from game show host to sexy cam girl ready to CUM! I am working on it personally but have not mastered the best way for me.
What always works for me is offering video specials the 1st 30min on cam and also showing previews of the videos for sale. Be sure to clearly denote that its a video preview and do not play previews for longer than 30secs to a min.
Just a thought!

Not sure anyone is going to see this, but how do you guys preview your vids to the guys in your room on cam?
Two easy ways I see quite often are to just play the video on your computer and then aim the webcam toward the screen (this also applies if playing on your phone). And the other is if you are using ManyCam you can just select the source as a video that's being played.

PetitGatinha said:

I see this!

If you have a program like ManyCam (which I love and hella recommend) you can select a media file as a main or Picture in Picture (PIP) source. With PIP you can play your video preview and be on cam at the same time!! If you do have MC and need help figuring it out, I can post a little tutorial. :3

JerryBoBerry said:
Two easy ways I see quite often are to just play the video on your computer and then aim the webcam toward the screen (this also applies if playing on your phone). And the other is if you are using ManyCam you can just select the source as a video that's being played.

Ooh doesn't seem hard at all, thank you for the reply!

candymatic said:
I see this!

If you have a program like ManyCam (which I love and hella recommend) you can select a media file as a main or Picture in Picture (PIP) source. With PIP you can play your video preview and be on cam at the same time!! If you do have MC and need help figuring it out, I can post a little tutorial. :3

I thiiink I know how to do it, but I'll definitely come back for your help if I don't manage to do it! I in fact have no videos to do this with as of yet lol But once I have one, I'll try it ;)

Not a model, but I do think I've some input that might be of use.

Another part of the equation is finding (developing) some regulars that start to give your room personality.

Now part of it is luck. The person has to wander in, and decide they like you enough to stay. That you cannot control.

But once you have someone who engages you, even in just chat, what do you do to make them want to stay (not tip, just want to be in your 'space'?) That's important. Because once you have a few regulars that pop on when you first log in, and shoot the shit, and make in-jokes, and so forth, your room becomes more welcoming to wanderers, and auditors, who often avoid the quiet rooms where they may stand out.

Your regs are happy when you get tipped, and thank the folks who do it. They 'know' you, and give you hooks to hang conversations on. They are visible signs that you engage individuals in one-on-one ways.

Now these regs might not tip. But they do offer value to you as you are starting up. They are the core that your personal brand and community will be built around. They are worth investing in with some attention. Just don't let them take advantage of you. It's a balance.

It's clear you've gotten the memo that sitting about looking bored, or not talking is cam-death. It's super hard to always be motivated to carry the interactions and be up. No question. But if you can find a few foils that are happy to just chat, and be part of your MFC experience, things will improve.

Some of these guys are connected to lots of members, and will call in friends to check out their new 'home base' and model they have discovered. And often the friends come with tokens.

There are social aspects to MFC success that are pretty complex.

I wish you all the best in getting thru the ugly early sub 2K CS days.

A question I have for everyone is how do you get people to notice you when your camscore is low? How does one get the visibility that the models with higher scores tend to get, because their scores are higher and are therefore featured on the first couple of rows, when your score is around 1000? Sure once you get people to your room there are plenty of ways to keep them engaged, but how do you lure them to your room in the first place? I know there's probably no "easy button" for this question, lol. I'm sure there's no straight answer, either. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice.

Don't take advice from me persay as I am just a member. But when it comes to girls that are around the 1000k cam score. If I am lurking around that area, I usually go for the one who is either really smiling and dancing like no one is watching or doing something very odd lmao. Like putting on halloween masks or trying to balance a book on her head. That usually is fun to watch and a conversation starter.

KudosKids said:
Don't take advice from me persay as I am just a member. But when it comes to girls that are around the 1000k cam score. If I am lurking around that area, I usually go for the one who is either really smiling and dancing like no one is watching or doing something very odd lmao. Like putting on halloween masks or trying to balance a book on her head. That usually is fun to watch and a conversation starter.

Actually taking advice from members is probably good, too. After all you are the audience we are trying to appeal to, and as much as we'd try we can't really predict what our viewers are going to want. So it's nice to have some viewer feedback. Furthermore this is actually pretty good feedback. Thank you!

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Get a Twitter and advertise the shit out of it when you are on cam. Put it in your room subject. Mention it every single time you log off. If you have a bunch of new people in your room and they've been there for a bit, mention your Twitter (just don't do it every five minutes you know?).

And then use your Twitter! I'm kind of bad about saying "I'll be online at x time." But once I actually am online, I always update my Twitter, and lo and behold, people, especially regulars will pop in sooner or later. The more people who have followed you, the more will come to see you. Likewise (and again, I'm still bad about this), but it does help to update other stuff too on Twitter. Keep it upbeat and happy, relatively cam-related. Regulars aren't just token vending machines, if they really enjoy your room and you enjoy them just as much when they come around to chat and they make the vibe of your room better, it's a win-win situation for everyone!

When it comes to games, have a few things planned. If that prize board filled with stuff ranging between 20-200 tokens isn't working, or that game that costs 50 tokens to play isn't getting any interest, come up with an alternative. When I play Battleship in my room (well, Battlestrip), each shot costs 50 tokens. But if no one is playing, I'll do something else, like Hangman, or War, which is 10 tokens (if you have a low room count, try making it 5 tokens, or even 1-2 tokens, they will add up over time, and people might be enticed to play a cheaper game). You don't have to offer the same prizes, just adjust them to fit the game and the price. In Battlestrip for instance, a piece of clothing would come off for the rest of the evening since it's a more expensive game. With Hangman, I'd do a flash instead.

Reactions: Ami_Mercury
TallulaBlythe said:
Get a Twitter and advertise the shit out of it when you are on cam. Put it in your room subject. Mention it every single time you log off. If you have a bunch of new people in your room and they've been there for a bit, mention your Twitter (just don't do it every five minutes you know?).

And then use your Twitter! I'm kind of bad about saying "I'll be online at x time." But once I actually am online, I always update my Twitter, and lo and behold, people, especially regulars will pop in sooner or later. The more people who have followed you, the more will come to see you. Likewise (and again, I'm still bad about this), but it does help to update other stuff too on Twitter. Keep it upbeat and happy, relatively cam-related. Regulars aren't just token vending machines, if they really enjoy your room and you enjoy them just as much when they come around to chat and they make the vibe of your room better, it's a win-win situation for everyone!

When it comes to games, have a few things planned. If that prize board filled with stuff ranging between 20-200 tokens isn't working, or that game that costs 50 tokens to play isn't getting any interest, come up with an alternative. When I play Battleship in my room (well, Battlestrip), each shot costs 50 tokens. But if no one is playing, I'll do something else, like Hangman, or War, which is 10 tokens (if you have a low room count, try making it 5 tokens, or even 1-2 tokens, they will add up over time, and people might be enticed to play a cheaper game). You don't have to offer the same prizes, just adjust them to fit the game and the price. In Battlestrip for instance, a piece of clothing would come off for the rest of the evening since it's a more expensive game. With Hangman, I'd do a flash instead.

Thanks! This is very good advice. Twitter seems to be a particularly helpful resource. I've made it a habit of posting at least once a day on there, but I think I need to post more. The Battlestrip idea is clever. I think I may have to try that.

AllieYess said:
ScarletRaven said:
Just a thought!

I use ManyCam but even before I had that or when I am on my Mac(manycam sucks for Mac) then I just play the vid and move my cam to preview the vid)

Ami_Mercury said:
A question I have for everyone is how do you get people to notice you when your camscore is low? How does one get the visibility that the models with higher scores tend to get, because their scores are higher and are therefore featured on the first couple of rows, when your score is around 1000? Sure once you get people to your room there are plenty of ways to keep them engaged, but how do you lure them to your room in the first place? I know there's probably no "easy button" for this question, lol. I'm sure there's no straight answer, either. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice.

FUCK ScamScore, for real I can't stand that number. My motto is simple "Pussy to CAM" :) This does not always have to be meant so literally but what I mean is do something worth filling a room! When my camscore was at 1000 and now as it drops lower by the second, I always try to be doing something that is sexy, raunchy, silly, sexy or funny. When I first started expirimenting with this I did exactly that, put my pussy up to cam and piddled away...played some music like Pussy Liquor my Rob Zombie and giggled (cuz thats sexy, right?)! Then the room would fill up and I would turn on the charm, sell vids and get ready for cum show countdown.

Its not easy but you can do it!! Remember this: SMILE, "Pussy to CAM" and stay positive, no matter how hard it is.

ps my grammar is not stellar in this message, please spare me grammar polices ;-) xoxo

KudosKids said:

More perspective from a non-cammer.

Smiling and laughing girls always attract. Dancing is much preferable to staring at the computer (or even worse, your phone) and appearing like a photograph instead of a video).

You can also open PMs saying "Hello there!" to the guys popping in. I will stay and chat with someone that does that, unless they are really, really not my type. Saying "Hello cthulhusSon" in the mic will probably get ignored since I don't always have the sound on loud enough to hear such things.

Reactions: Ami_Mercury
CthulhusSon said:
You can also open PMs saying "Hello there!" to the guys popping in. I will stay and chat with someone that does that, unless they are really, really not my type. Saying "Hello cthulhusSon" in the mic will probably get ignored since I don't always have the sound on loud enough to hear such things.

Be careful with starting PMs to guys who come into your room. I really don't like that and will leave the room almost immediately. If it works for you, keep it up. But if the guys disappear, don't keep doing it.

NickT said:
CthulhusSon said:

Be careful with starting PMs to guys who come into your room. I really don't like that and will leave the room almost immediately. If it works for you, keep it up. But if the guys disappear, don't keep doing it.

Yeah, probably a better idea to type "Hi" in chat for the deaf guys than to pm.

Reactions: NicoleRiley
I just want to say, MFC frustrates the fuck out of me. I keep my profile only to accept offline tips from Streamate members who know how to find me there or provide contact info SM won't allow me to announce. I don't even bother with the link in my ACF profile because you will *not* find me on cam there.

But that's where I started. I always thought camming was about SEX SEX SEX PUSSY FUCK SEX, so that's how I treated it. For some reason, no one wanted to contribute to countdowns, ask for flashes, take me private, whatever. And most of the guys were completely quiet. In my analysis, what made MFC so tricky was that the guys can all see who's in the room, so they know what the likelihood of making your countdown is. That's my suspicion, but damned if I'll go back any time soon to confirm it.

I joined Streamate, and now I have people hanging out in my room all night, chatting it up, insisting on Gold Shows where we don't even get me naked, or taking me Exclusive just to chat and keep my clothes on. I get guys taking me exclusive just to watch me smoke a cigarette, FFS. For some reason, I can "get the room going" in an environment that really isn't even built for it. I don't know why, but this is what I do when the privates aren't coming in and I need tips:

1) I play guitar and sing. If you play ANY musical instrument, even poorly, someone's going to feel inclined to toss some "spare change" in your "tip jar" as they would at the local coffee shop. I regularly learn new songs for my high tipping regulars. I can easily get $20G in tips from playing one three minute song. After four songs, that's not bad money for keeping my clothes on, and it gets guys interested. Some guys will take me PVT to watch me play naked, or they'll tip extra for me to play topless in free chat. Even if all you can play is the recorder from 2nd grade, or some PlaySkool keyboard with the colored keys, freakin' try it. Sometimes I make up songs for people, too.

2) Related, if/when I step off cam to refill my drink or whatever, I sing out loud about what I am doing. Guys in the room will know I'm still there, still trying to entertain, even when taking care of something else. I prefer singing to talking because If I don't know what to say, I can just make sounds with a melody and go "Shoo be doo bop ba Pizza! Bee Bee Da Shoop Shoop Gettin' some water!"

3) Like others have said, just TALK. Don't worry about what comes out of your mouth, just say something. What I like about SM over MFC is that the guys can't see all the other guys in the room, so they have no idea when I'm really just talking to myself. Find a couple of entertaining, go-to stories from your life that you can just recite so you have something interesting already in discussion when someone pops in. My favorite one is about the time a hillbilly broke into my motel room and offered me $50 to have sex with him and then I got him fired (with a description like that, you'd like to stick around and hear the rest, right?). That way, a bit of your personality comes through and people stay and go "wow!" "lol!" "I'll never get on your bad side!"

4) Speak a foreign language if you know one, and even if you're bad at it. This can be tricky, as it can confuse some guys, but they know I'm really American, and I don't worry about scaring the others, as it's rare I do it anyway. My highest tipper is from Norway, so he likes that I can speak to him in his language, even if poorly (they are practically the same), and I can use it as an excuse for a Gold Show. I offer to read from a book in Swedish and some guys go for it. I can only say a few sentences of French, but French guys love it. I can only curse in Dutch, but Dutch guys love it. I can only say "I love you" in Bulgarian, but Bulgarian guys love it. Sense a pattern? I can usually tell from a guy's user name and the time of day what his native tongue is. All you need are a few phrases.

I can sing some ABBA in Swedish, which is great for a laugh and I get a few pity tips. It's not a lot of money, but then the conversation can turn into "so.... um.... pvt?" which is our goal.

I've been on stages since I could walk, so entertainment comes to me pretty naturally. However, when I've been asked how to get over stage fright (and I've trained a few wedding DJs and Karaoke hosts), I just tell people not to worry about sounding or looking stupid. Do whatever you can to move, be animated, be engaging, be goofy, be sexy, be whatever it is that YOU are, and do NOT worry about what anyone thinks of it. That not-giving-of-shits is what makes a person both vulnerable and endearing, which gets people curious about the person in front of them, which gets them to stay and get to know you, and hopefully give you lots of money. :thumbleft:

Also, turn off your phone. Just turn it off. You're camming, you're at WORK, no one wants a customer service employee looking at their phone while at work. If I can see my server's phone just in her pocket, I get concerned. If I saw a cam girl on her phone, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Anyway, those are my thoughts, from me, THOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.