AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting recognized out in public

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember NerdyCamGirl who used to post on here and cam on MFC some years ago? She spoke about a horrible experience. She was in a store, and some guy who'd recognized her kept shouting out "NerdyCamGirl!" and following her around in the store. When she got to the checkout area to pay, this prick asked the cashier to tell him what name was shown on NCG's debit card (The cashier DIDN'T tell him). She left the store, and this dude grabbed her. So she hit him as hard as she could, and quickly got outta there.

It's weird to me when a thread in the Ask-a-Model section ends up with a male (NON-model) member doing most of the answering. Lol.

I've never had anyone outright tell me they've recognised me, but I'm almost certain it has happened due to some very strange behaviour from exclusively men around me since starting, and creepo messages in my public chat... Australia is a small place so it's inevitable eventually in my mind.
In the CB rooms I have been in, Australian men have been often the most aggressive about trying to seek out public meetings with a model, and they tend to ask about that right up front, within the first 30 minutes of being in a room. So I definitely do not envy your problem. Have you thought about trying to alter your location in your profile?

A good friend of mine has been dealing with harassment at the workplace lately. A coworker of his didn't take it well when he turned down her advances. She had repeatedly asked him to go out for drinks with her and eventually he had to bluntly tell her that he had no interest with spending time with any coworkers outside of work. After dealing with her texting him inappropriate stuff, bringing up inappropriate stuff at work and putting him in a lot of awkward situations, he went to HR over the whole ordeal and asked if he could be placed on another work schedule so he didn't have to work with her. HR did not take him seriously, she faced no repercussions and he still has to work with her. It's to the point where he wants to quit his job. What he is dealing with is sexual harassment and it's never okay for stuff like that to be swept under the rug. But unfortunately, it happens to women and men. People like to brush off allegations of sexual harassment and assault, because it's an icky subject and it's just "easier" for them to act as if it's not as serious as it is. And some people say that rape culture doesn't exist, pfff.
On my first job, my female supervisor was in a failing marriage and hit on me continuously, always when we were alone. It was very uncomfortable for me because if I said flat out no I am sure she would have taken it out on me. She was a very mean and angry person. I tried to just say no in a nice way but she never gave up until I left. Sure, I could have gone to HR, but that would probably ended up hurting me more than her. There would be a lot of drama, and in the end I would be seen as someone who makes trouble. So these kinds of workplace harassment situations are extremely stressful.

Regarding the issue of male versus female rape, the statistics on that are pretty clear. National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) has a good statistics page and the 2015 survey says that about 21% of women and 2.6% of men experience rape in their lifetimes. A lot of the assaults against men happen when they are young. So women get the biggest part of this by far, but the issue is very real for men too.

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
In the CB rooms I have been in, Australian men have been often the most aggressive about trying to seek out public meetings with a model, and they tend to ask about that right up front, within the first 30 minutes of being in a room. So I definitely do not envy your problem. Have you thought about trying to alter your location in your profile?
My Australian guys who actually understand cam sites are some of my favourite members, same goes for the guys in my room who like Aussie girls and look out for them - I've thought about it but decided I'd rather just block the guys who location hunt (and OMG you are SO RIGHT Australian guys are the absolute worst for this :shake:)

I've also already come to terms with the fact that regardless of if someone was looking, they would know it was me instantly if they saw me. I look exactly like myself and have multiple visible tattoos that are extremely distinctive :haha:

Regarding the issue of male versus female rape, the statistics on that are pretty clear. National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) has a good statistics page and the 2015 survey says that about 21% of women and 2.6% of men experience rape in their lifetimes. A lot of the assaults against men happen when they are young. So women get the biggest part of this by far, but the issue is very real for men too.
Yes, the issue is so real for men too! I don't understand why it couldn't have simply been said it wasn't appropriate to bring up male harassment In response to a woman's comment about being catcalled without denying that men can and do experience rape/assault from women. Even if for every 10,000 women assaulted there was only one man, that one man is too many, and his experience is just as awful. There is no need to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.