AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I have is the stuff that came with the webcam. Do I need to use something else?
Sorry for all the questions I'm a super dumbarse. :p

FifthElephant said:
Try _lots_ more light.

This. If you don't have enough light, the camera's aperture needs to stay open longer to absorb enough like to take a picture. Longer aperture means more blur and slower frame rate.

I'm pretty sure that streaming a 320x240 video feed isn't going to be limited except by the shittiest of internet connections. Also be aware that connecting over a wireless link can severely degrade performance if the signal is crappy.

The signal strength from the wireless is always on excellent, and I have the same problem even when it's connected through the wire thingy anyway.
Were my speed test results okay, or really crap? I don't understand what all those numbers mean.

When I said the thing and stuff with my webcam I meant the cam recording thing that came with the camera, sorry I'm not very good at explaining things lol.

I'll try using more light later when I go on. I guess that could be the problem, the only light I use is the one stuck to the ceiling, like, the room light, no extra ones. I'm just worried if I use too much light I'll look like casper the friendly ghost, lol.

Thankies for all the help, I really appreciate it. :)

Oo ooo oohhhh using a lamp seems to have helped! :D I've just used a desk lamp, is just one enough or should I use another? I can't afford a special lamp at the moment.
Will try moving in a second see if I'm still a blob.
Thankiessss again for the help. :D

I used another coz it went back down to fair(under 100kb per second) and it's still doing it, even with the light on the ceiling on, and two lamps! :(

Edit again, lol.
I have the ceiling light, and two lamps pointing at my head now, and when I'm sat still, it's under 70kb per second which it says is poor. When I move, it goes up to good and excellent which was over 200kb per second I think.
So I'm really confused now, lol.

Does this happen to other models too? Does your bandwidth go low when your sat still?

AngelicTease said:
Oo ooo oohhhh using a lamp seems to have helped! :D I've just used a desk lamp, is just one enough or should I use another? I can't afford a special lamp at the moment.
Will try moving in a second see if I'm still a blob.
Thankiessss again for the help. :D

I used another coz it went back down to fair(under 100kb per second) and it's still doing it, even with the light on the ceiling on, and two lamps! :(

Edit again, lol.
I have the ceiling light, and two lamps pointing at my head now, and when I'm sat still, it's under 70kb per second which it says is poor. When I move, it goes up to good and excellent which was over 200kb per second I think.
So I'm really confused now, lol.

Does this happen to other models too? Does your bandwidth go low when your sat still?

Lighting is always a bitch. I have a set of overhead lights, two shoji lamps hanging, a set of work lights, and two floor lamps. The camera I *was* using a was Logitech Quickcam that I bought 4 years ago. All the extra light *really* improved the video quality.

Also, try aiming your lights so that they light the room, not just you.

Edit: What cam are you using, I don't think I've seen it mentioned.

Cor blimey I thought 3 lights was a lot, lol! I'll have to get more next time I get spare money instead of spending it all on undiecrackers when I've already got loads and only one pair of boobies/one arse.
Thanks for the help. :)

Here's a great example of good and bad, 2 models on at the same time, just on their own cams. The picture was taken at the same time, one cam in Chrome and the other in IE just with the windows overlapping.

Attachments

• twin cams.jpg
    twin cams.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 810
Hrm. Well the problem with S-video analog is that (unless the camera has it's own built in pan/tilt/zoom feature, in which case it wouldn't be a camcorder) is that you can't optically zoom. At least in no way I've found. The only way you can go from computer-> optical zoom is through Firewire using DVdriver.

At least with what I've found so far.

But Firewire seams pretty good, I dunno I'm about to switch to it so I've been pretty thoughtful of it.

Firewire is not an analog connection. It's better, but it's a whole different class. If your analog camera has firewire out, that means it has a digitizer on-board. Or it's actually a digital camcorder and you didn't know it. It's probably pretty high-quality. My comments about S-video were reserved for analog-only camcorders.

Awesome quote from the lounge: "CrusaderShuri: CandieCane are broadcasting live using a hacked dreamcast"

Shuri was making fun of her image quality, which was complete shit. You'd think between 4 girls, they'd be able to bring a good cam.

Attachments

• CandieCane001.jpg
    CandieCane001.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 738
  • CandieCane002.jpg
    CandieCane002.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 738
Lol I just came here to post a cap, but not in the shitty cam section since I luvs me some Candie...

Here's mine with them all in a row. "According to boob size" was the plan.

It's CandieCane, KrissyMadison, CassieCurls and AshaSnow, all covered in markers.

PS: I was invited to attend this party, but declined for personal reasons. All the girls there are super sweet and I'm a lil' sad on missing out meeting them. Maybe some day!

Attachments

• Candieparty.png
    Candieparty.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 735
bawksy said:
Awesome quote from the lounge: "CrusaderShuri: CandieCane are broadcasting live using a hacked dreamcast"

Shuri was making fun of her image quality, which was complete shit. You'd think between 4 girls, they'd be able to bring a good cam.

Deeply annoying.

I must declare an interest. I quite like CandieCane.

She does have quite a decent cam - a sony analog something connected through a converter box.

But - while moving it to the hotel for the shoot - the converter apparantly died.
So - this was using AshaSnow's camera.

Also - the hotel only had 3G, or slow wireless - both of which were about the same.poor quality.

A real shame.

Hopefully todays 6 girl (non-sexual) show with random fun and games should go without disturbance.

AmberCutie said:
Lol I just came here to post a cap, but not in the shitty cam section since I luvs me some Candie...

Here's mine with them all in a row. "According to boob size" was the plan.

It's CandieCane, KrissyMadison, CassieCurls and AshaSnow, all covered in markers.

PS: I was invited to attend this party, but declined for personal reasons. All the girls there are super sweet and I'm a lil' sad on missing out meeting them. Maybe some day!

THAT looks like a fun time!!!! Makes me sad that I don't live near any girls...I hate living on a stupid small island, nowhere near to civilization :( :( :( (well, there's civilization, just not the sexy, mfc kind :lol: )

SpexyAshleigh said:
THAT looks like a fun time!!!! Makes me sad that I don't live near any girls...I hate living on a stupid small island, nowhere near to civilization :( :( :( (well, there's civilization, just not the sexy, mfc kind :lol: )

I feel your pain. I'm in the same situation ='(

5 girls tonight, but they brought the same blur-o-vision cam from the hotel to what appears to be a dojo of some kind.

Attachments

• CandieCane003.jpg
    CandieCane003.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 643
I request an un-derailing of the topic! :mrgreen:

I can't get my lighting right tonight! Would anyone mind adding me to MSN and helping me out a bit? It's making me stroppy :twisted:

Some posts have been deleted for off-topic-ness and ranty-ness.

I hadn't seen this cutie before today. I'm wondering if she is going for that dark and romantic look, or if she doesn't realize that her laptop screen isn't enough lighting. Either way, it's not terrible, and she's seemingly hot. I'll be watching for more of her.

Attachments

• BryciCam.jpg
    BryciCam.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 549
I love MissPredator, but she looks green most nights she's on; and that really isn't sexy. Tonight, the quality is a little better, but still not that good.

Attachments

• predator.jpg
    predator.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 524
So my first post on Ambers forum...lol...
Living in Bangkok and having a decent cam (the 9000 Logitech) I know that it is not always the cam itself... I have been top 20 since September last year but ALWAYS had a lousy connection. Being in Asia I am happy with a 1 MB upload...
I will get a $1000 camera next month so we all will see if a super cam in combination with professional lighting ( yes I will shell out a load of money on a set up) will combat my f..king bad Thai connection...Any help in combatting that is welcome ....any ideas Bawksy?

I'm not sure spending $1000 on a camera is going to do you much good if you already have the logitech 9000. Remember MFC doesn't broadcast that high-res, so all you need is a decent cam, which it seems like you already have.

Lighting is always good. Work hard on lighting. That's probably the one thing you can control if you have to deal with shitty internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.