AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my cam is a microsoft HD lifecam 720p, i love it, except in my day shows. If the sun is shining through my blind during the day, my room goes red, as the blind is red, bad i know :(, so my cam goes orange/red and i have to fiddle with the settings every few mins as the sun goes in and out of the clouds, sooooo annoying, but i end up ahving to have the sateration sooo low to stop me looking red, so i end up looking dead lol.

During the night i put all my lights on adn i can adjust the settings to a perminant setting at night, which to me dosnt look too bad. I think i need better lighting, but for now it looks just fine, the only complaint i get is sometimes i get dodgy lines scrolling across it, which ive worked out ahs summert to do with the exposure and lighting, so sometimes i find it hadr to get the perfect settings for it. but all in all seems fine from my end.

Any input would be nice, but just rem, my cam looks diffrent everytime i log on, even after fiddling with my settings. so a preview for a whole week to determine the problems would be ideal if u feel like having a gander at mine hehe.
I personally think theres nothing wrong with my cam :D but then again, i agrdly wear my glasses or contact lenses, so its prob diffrent at ur end anyways haha.

my quality is usually 150-256kbs. mostly the higher one.
My connection speed goes from 350-500. on bad days its 150-300 ish.

Jessie xxxxx (^_^)

its 4am, so sorry for all the spelling errors, im tired lol

jebbaz said:
ewwww Bawksy, wtf man?

If you missed what was going on that day, you can't even say anything, lol. It was a hilarious trainwreck and I am wondering if she is even still recovered from how drunk she was. Both of them.

AmberCutie said:
jebbaz said:
ewwww Bawksy, wtf man?

If you missed what was going on that day, you can't even say anything, lol. It was a hilarious trainwreck and I am wondering if she is even still recovered from how drunk she was. Both of them.

It sounds like I'm lucky to have missed it.

Just wanted to throw some appreciation out there for all those who posted on this thread. After reviewing (or at least scanning) every single post on this thread, curiosity was killing me. I went out and purchased the Logitech 9000 and played with the settings a bit.... I am sure I don't have it perfect yet but even so it's 200% better than my old logitech. I had an older logitech and was hesitant to buy the 9000 cause I figured "How much different could it be?" Well guess what it IS different and much better!

Thanks everyone for this thread!

KaylaMarie said:
Just wanted to throw some appreciation out there for all those who posted on this thread. After reviewing (or at least scanning) every single post on this thread, curiosity was killing me. I went out and purchased the Logitech 9000 and played with the settings a bit.... I am sure I don't have it perfect yet but even so it's 200% better than my old logitech. I had an older logitech and was hesitant to buy the 9000 cause I figured "How much different could it be?" Well guess what it IS different and much better!

I second this ^. I was figuring the same thing, :think: "how could one cam be so different from the other, when they are both logitech" Wholly Crap are they different!!! :eek: I went on with my 9000 (thanks to those who helped pay for one) and all my regs were like "Damn, lookin good!" Best cam yet!!!!!

from myself and those in agreement, you are welcome :D

KaylaMarie said:

I am SO glad this thread helps! I definitely visited you a few times and found you extremely gorgeous, but was sad your cam was a tad fuzzy. Excited to check you out with the new cam soon!

AmberCutie said:
KaylaMarie said:

I am SO glad this thread helps! I definitely visited you a few times and found you extremely gorgeous, but was sad your cam was a tad fuzzy. Excited to check you out with the new cam soon!

Thanks Amber! Actually I first started seriously considering the switch after noticing that you were recommending the camera to all the girls. I have just had so many webcams in the past and none have been that much more outstanding than the other. But then like I said, this thread totally sealed the deal. I was almost afraid to turn on the cam once I got it home, in fear of being disappointed but totally not the case.

Aside from better image quality and less lighting issues.... I am no longer ZOOMED right in like with my old cam. I used to practically have to place myself at the other end of my bedroom to get my whole body on camera haha.

So thank you again oh and Amber (hopefully you come back and read this) I WANT YOUR PUP. That chihuaua. As soon as I read you had one, I have been searching for a pic. Finally found a pic here someone screen capped. I have a yellow lab and want a Chihuahua probably in about a year. He or she is SOOOO freaken cute!

Holy pink bad cam settings overload.

Attachments

• pinkoverload.jpg
    pinkoverload.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 621
What?
She i wearing Black.

I love pink, like a lot. Probably my favorite color, depending on my mood. But that, that is too much pink...

Mikeythegeek said:
Say hello to the worst cam ever.
:shock: she wasn't messing around?

That's a cam effect called Solarize

She needs to turn it off

The USB cable of my MS Lifecam Cinema (which worked perfectly, as long as I turned off the autofocus) broke, so this weekend I got the Logitech 9000 (rebate will make the final price $50). Took me forever to work with the settings to get a good picture, but it seems great now. I have people telling me my audio isn't as good as on the Lifecam though and more metallic... Might get a separate mic, but I don't talk a lot so it's not a big priority.

So far my main issue with the Logitech is that my frame rate is at about 1 frame per 5 secs (as opposed to 1 frame per second with the Lifecam) if I try to run it from a Win XP or Win 7 virtual machine in Ubuntu... I'm still testing out MFC on the virtual machine though. VMs aren't known for being notoriously good with multimedia. :S

Make sure you don't have the exposure setting up really high on the 9000. More light and lower exposure should equal better frame rate.

Oh my low frame rate is only on the virtual machines, not when I boot into my actual Win7 partition (which I do for now). It's pretty great then.

My lighting makes me look a little pink-orange-ish, but I have to have my rather bright lamp behind my computer or else my glasses glare like anything.

Have any of you used the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910? I see a lot of raves for the Logitech Pro 9000 but this one supposedly is the "newer" model to replace that one? I'm looking into getting a better cam as soon as I get some funds in my pocket, but I'm not sure which of these would be better.

Also, I have a different Logitech that I just used for Skype and stuff before starting this, and it's a ball and I have the hardest time setting it up and not having issues with it falling over, etc. Even on my desktop PC it doesn't fit my monitor properly and it always requires repositioning. How do those of you with that style of cam deal with the setup?

Thanks!

SweetieSam said:
Have any of you used the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910? I see a lot of raves for the Logitech Pro 9000 but this one supposedly is the "newer" model to replace that one? I'm looking into getting a better cam as soon as I get some funds in my pocket, but I'm not sure which of these would be better.

Also, I have a different Logitech that I just used for Skype and stuff before starting this, and it's a ball and I have the hardest time setting it up and not having issues with it falling over, etc. Even on my desktop PC it doesn't fit my monitor properly and it always requires repositioning. How do those of you with that style of cam deal with the setup?

Thanks!

Because I'm to lazy to search, Amber said she couldn't get the settings the way she liked them with the newer Logitech cams, and likes the 9000 very much, like most of the other models here.

ZoeyMore said:
A new Logitech 9000 is on my list of things to do. I just need to get paid soon.

Mine just came in the post Tuesday! I was so excited I just had to go on cam that night! I cancelled my plans for the evening and hit the webbercom!
I never really got any complaints on my cam before, though it was much cheaper... But I'm super stoked on my new cam! I can see a huge difference and I don't have to use as much lighting as I used to! I think it sets a more intimate mood in my room...

However, I can't really see what the members are seeing in my room... I appreciate all of the input and insight I can get if any of you ladies would care to stop by my room sometime and evaluate it for me...

Pleeeeeaaaase?

Happy camming, ladies!
Jolene.

Your cam is great Jolene. It looked really, really good, and the lighting was perfect!!

That's what Im trying to figure out, is good lighting.

I actually bought the C910 instead of the 9000- the only thing I don't like is that the colors are a little blander and it doesn't like a lot of light. Other than that- it fits perfectly on my tripod and looks pretty damn good.

JoleneJolene said:
However, I can't really see what the members are seeing in my room... I appreciate all of the input and insight I can get if any of you ladies would care to stop by my room sometime and evaluate it for me...

Jolene, when I stopped in the other day you looked fantastic. The room was lit just right and you looked gorgeous on your cam! :) I didn't get to see you before that day but what I saw was quite lovely!

ZoeyMore said:
I actually bought the C910 instead of the 9000- the only thing I don't like is that the colors are a little blander and it doesn't like a lot of light. Other than that- it fits perfectly on my tripod and looks pretty damn good.

Hmmm.... Now I'm not so sure which one to go for... On Amazon.com they're pretty close in price. I'm thinking I *may* go with the 9000 just because there are so many girls on here that like it. Although you mention that the C910 doesn't like a lot of light, and I don't have a great lighting set up right now. (We live in a small 2-bedroom apt, and I have to break down my setup every night).Thanks for the review, although now I'm a little more confused. I'll follow this thread in hopes someone else has something to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.