AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just have to share my excitement-- I received a gift card our cable company owed us and used it today to buy the 9000 Pro! I'm hoping it will improve things for me. I know I'm new but I have run my own business before and know you gotta spend some money to make money! ;)

SweetieSam said:
So, I just have to share my excitement-- I received a gift card our cable company owed us and used it today to buy the 9000 Pro! I'm hoping it will improve things for me. I know I'm new but I have run my own business before and know you gotta spend some money to make money! ;)

Just remember to turn off the follow, right light, right sound, and the background noise settings in the cam software

pyrite1965 said:
SweetieSam said:

Just remember to turn off the follow, right light, right sound, and the background noise settings in the cam software

Excellent tips, thanks! I was just reading AlexLady's thread about her new mic and saw some mention of that. :) I will definitely make sure I get it configured properly.

Women of star-trek, you can make cash at home!
(and no, her cam is not usually like this)

Attachments

• Kirk.jpeg
    Kirk.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 632
FifthElephant said:

Hmm, I prefer the blue hue to her usual bright orange fake tan look, actually.

AmberCutie said:
FifthElephant said:

I'm so gonna develop a complex about my cam's appearance! One day it's gonna be just a little off and I'm gonna find my picture in here... :eek:

JoleneJolene said:
I'm so gonna develop a complex about my cam's appearance! One day it's gonna be just a little off and I'm gonna find my picture in here... :eek:

Haha don't worry. I mostly only single out girls with camscore at least 3000.

JoleneJolene said:
AmberCutie said:
FifthElephant said:

Just remember... we're laughing WITH you, not at you. ;)

bawksy said:
JoleneJolene said:

Haha don't worry. I mostly only single out girls with camscore at least 3000.

Only Bawksy can phrase a comforting word with just a twinge of "ouch"... Yeah, my cam score sucks :roll: But thanks anyway...
:lol:

pyrite1965 said:
SweetieSam said:

I don't see anywhere to turn off the rightsound setting?

SweetieSam said:

This is where the options to check/uncheck are on my Logitech software.

Attachments

• RightSound.jpg
    RightSound.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 508
Sevrin said:
SweetieSam said:

This is where the options to check/uncheck are on my Logitech software.

Ok, I finally found it! There was another location that I could turn off rightlight, but the rightsound had to be done while operating the webcam software. For some reason, though, my screen keeps going grey on this computer. Not sure what is up with that [whole thing turns grey, not dim or anything]..... I'm looking at it more closely and trying to fix it. Thanks for the screencap, it helped!

For anyone who's been holding out, Sam's Club has a good deal right now...

Attachments

• pro9000.jpg
    pro9000.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 444
Beautiful girl, lots of fun, blurry / low frame rate cam, crappy audio. So sad.

Attachments

• TheRavenGirl_001.jpg
    TheRavenGirl_001.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 378
TheRavenGirl said:
bawksy said:

My new cam is in the mail as of 3 days ago. w00t! My current cam really doesn't fair well at night, regardless of my lighting situation, which is why I've been sticking to mostly daytime shows. Hopefully this won't be an issue with the 9000.

i just got my pro 9000 in the mail today...
i had the more expensive orbit sphere/af... which did good but just a bit blurry..
this is the difference:

orbit sphere:

pro 9000:

TashaMaddison said:
TheRavenGirl said:
bawksy said:

My new cam is in the mail as of 3 days ago. w00t! My current cam really doesn't fair well at night, regardless of my lighting situation, which is why I've been sticking to mostly daytime shows. Hopefully this won't be an issue with the 9000.

i just got my pro 9000 in the mail today...
i had the more expensive orbit sphere/af... which did good but just a bit blurry..
this is the difference:

orbit sphere:

pro 9000:

I may be totally trippin... but doesn't the top picture look clearer? The bottom one looks grainy. If that really is the 9000 I think you need to tinker with the settings a bit more. Also, take side by side comparison shots without the light shining at the camera like it is through your window.

AmberCutie said:
without the light shining at the camera like it is through your window.
I would have a hard time watching you with either camera because the light is so bright. I think you need to tack up a blanket to prevent the light from shining in so much.

Even if you have the best camera and lighting, with a slow connection speed, the broadcaster software will downgrade your video and make everything super blurry and pixelated.

i was just exciting that the cam came in that i wanted to see... never stream on that spot (couch) and always at night...

the sphere capture seems more blurry to me.. but that could be me then....

AmberCutie said:
may be totally trippin... but doesn't the top picture look clearer? The bottom one looks grainy. If that really is the 9000 I think you need to tinker with the settings a bit more. Also, take side by side comparison shots without the light shining at the camera like it is through your window.

i'm gonna make some comparing shots tomorrow.. daylight always better then moonlight hehe
i was just excited and wanted to see..
i have no idea about the settings.. do i use rightlight so i use rightsound.. if i do i cant change the settings if i dont.. without the rightlight at night it looks too dark... things confuse me

TashaMaddison said:
AmberCutie said:
may be totally trippin... but doesn't the top picture look clearer? The bottom one looks grainy. If that really is the 9000 I think you need to tinker with the settings a bit more. Also, take side by side comparison shots without the light shining at the camera like it is through your window.

i'm gonna make some comparing shots tomorrow.. daylight always better then moonlight hehe
i was just excited and wanted to see..
i have no idea about the settings.. do i use rightlight so i use rightsound.. if i do i cant change the settings if i dont.. without the rightlight at night it looks too dark... things confuse me

Don't use right light or right sound. Go to the advanced settings and adjust the gain, exposure, and white balance until they look correct (my white balance goes to 0). Get all your lights set in the room you'll be camming in, THEN set the settings to what looks good. You'll have to re-do the settings each time you restart your cam software.

Are any or you actually white balancing or are you just adjusting the nob? If so, shame on all of you.

jebbaz said:
Are any or you actually white balancing or are you just adjusting the nob? If so, shame on all of you.

Um, wut?

AmberCutie said:
jebbaz said:

Um, wut?
Performing the white balance check? setting the light the way its gonna be when you cam, then taking the whitest thing you can find and holding it in front of the camera and adjusting your white balance until you have it perfectly white? Usually its an auto white balance button. The blue chick a few posts up is blue because she's got outside light for an inside white balance. Whenever you move to a different light, you should white balance again.

*totally gave you guys a film school lesson that I paid good money for, for free ^__^ *

jebbaz said:
AmberCutie said:
jebbaz said:

Um, wut?
Performing the white balance check? setting the light the way its gonna be when you cam, then taking the whitest thing you can find and holding it in front of the camera and adjusting your white balance until you have it perfectly white? Usually its an auto white balance button. The blue chick a few posts up is blue because she's got outside light for an inside white balance. Whenever you move to a different light, you should white balance again.

*totally gave you guys a film school lesson that I paid good money for, for free ^__^ *

I see! However, it doesn't need to be that complicated for the logitech software... just checking "auto" on the white balance, then unchecking it makes the picture look good. The white balance, gain, and exposure are the settings that always need to be reset after re-launching the software.

AmberCutie said:
I see! However, it doesn't need to be that complicated for the logitech software... just checking "auto" on the white balance, then unchecking it makes the picture look good. The white balance, gain, and exposure are the settings that always need to be reset after re-launching the software.

I'd still encourage you to give it a try at least once and see how awesome it can make your picture :)

jebbaz said:
AmberCutie said:

I'd still encourage you to give it a try at least once and see how awesome it can make your picture :)

After having such a good cam image for so long now, I don't want to F with it, plus I don't want one more thing I have to adjust before getting on cam. It's already such a process.

This thread was a great tool for me to learn some extra tips as I'm about to become a new model on mfc. I've never done anything like this before so I want to start off perfect to get the best results. This info was GREAT :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.