AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Good cam / shitty cam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not out yet, it's expected 2nd quarter 2016. But Razer is coming out with a tech heavy webcam called Stargazer.

Razer Stargazer

Captures at 60fps in 720, or 30fps at 1080.
Automatic noise cancelling.
Dynamic background removal. (so you don't need green screens any more, it can remove any background on its own)
3D scanning so it can port scanned objects into Unity or directly to 3D printing. Or even your face to put yourself in a game.
Facial/gesture recognition.
Dual array mic.
Unlock your computer using Windows Hello, launch applications with a wave of the hand, or even play gesture-enabled games.

It may be worth waiting for.

The features are a lot more interesting for a Twitch streamer than a cam model. US$200 for a static webcam? It's probably no better in practice than a C920 for most models.

The features are a lot more interesting for a Twitch streamer than a cam model. US$200 for a static webcam? It's probably no better in practice than a C920 for most models.

Gween also does Twitch.

THIS. This is why I am getting my shit together, buying a Logitech c920 and appropriate lighting, before I start camming. (Husband said, "Why not just start now with your laptop cam?" Honey I love you but nonono) Not only does it please the eye more I feel that it shows a model puts more mindful care into her show.

I just hope my terrible quality tanking mediacom internet doesn't continuously disappoint me to tears!!!
Thank you for this topic!

From a casual observer with no bias towards what sit you stream on, if you're going to spend over $100 on a camera to stream with, use a site that can actually handle the increase in quality.

MFC has lower quality compared to CB. So buy what makes sense for the site you're on.

An example, Milla_Jo. Two of the same cams, different sites.
t8NdE7H.jpg

Even if what you say is true, I hardly think buying a crappy camera will fix anything. Buy the best camera you can afford, that has the features you need.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I read that for apple laptops the Logitech software doesn't work. So then is the new C910 even worth it with a mac? Have any of you found ta webcam that's better for Mac users?

I got the logitech c920 and it changed my life . Originally i was using the built in camera in my Mac laptop, and I can honestly say I super glad I made the swap , and my customers appreciate it to . My only downfall is that the logitech c920 doesn't offer as much of a wide angled view as I would like, so now I'm looking into the c930 , but from the reviews I seen, everyone says it a headache to set up .

Thinking about the Razer Stargazer cam but has anyone tried the Logitech 922x? I guess its supposed to be a Pro Streaming cam. These are the specs:
  • Web Camera specifically designed and optimized for Professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
  • Stream and record vibrant, true-to-life HD 1080P video at 30 frames per second or 720P at 60Fps
  • Background replacement technology (powered by personify) allows you to integrate your live image and any background Scene, right onto your stream (only works with Windows 7 and above)
  • Full HD glass lens and premium autofocus deliver razor-sharp, clear video in consistent high Definition while two Built-in mics capture your voice in rich Stereo Audio
  • Record clear videos even in dim or poorly backlit settings with automatic light Correction
I mean at $85, it could be a cheaper alternative to the stargazer if you're looking for that 60fps.

You can read my review on the Logitech C922 Here. Off the top I wouldn't recommend getting either the C922 or worse yet the Razer if you don't have a powerful computer. And 60 fps is barely noticeable to most people. And you will need proper lighting plus high speed internet to fully benefit from these cameras and the background cancellation. In my opinion the C920 is still the cammodel standard. Unless you want to go super HD and use a DSLR camera but that is an entirely different kettle of fish right there.

Thinking about the Razer Stargazer cam but has anyone tried the Logitech 922x? I guess its supposed to be a Pro Streaming cam. These are the specs:
  • Web Camera specifically designed and optimized for Professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
  • Stream and record vibrant, true-to-life HD 1080P video at 30 frames per second or 720P at 60Fps
  • Background replacement technology (powered by personify) allows you to integrate your live image and any background Scene, right onto your stream (only works with Windows 7 and above)
  • Full HD glass lens and premium autofocus deliver razor-sharp, clear video in consistent high Definition while two Built-in mics capture your voice in rich Stereo Audio
  • Record clear videos even in dim or poorly backlit settings with automatic light Correction
I mean at $85, it could be a cheaper alternative to the stargazer if you're looking for that 60fps.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/logitech-webcams.25698/

One issue that confuses me is how many cams I see are horizontally backwards, meaning the models are seeing themselves like they're looking in a mirror. This seems so trivial to fix that I wonder if they're doing it purposely. Sometimes I want to read the stuff on their t-shirts.

Reactions: NickiYoung
One issue that confuses me is how many cams I see are horizontally backwards, meaning the models are seeing themselves like they're looking in a mirror. This seems so trivial to fix that I wonder if they're doing it purposely. Sometimes I want to read the stuff on their t-shirts.
I think maybe some girls do it so that they feel like they're using the mirror when they watch their own live feed. At very first I thought I wanted this, too, but I adapted to the non-mirrored cam really quickly once I gave in and tried it. I still sometimes point with the wrong hand/wrong direction on cam because instinct tells you what you see is a mirror, though.

Iv only done 4 broadcasts first two were from my labtop it was just terrible picture and laggy. I now have the Logitech C920 it's so much better.

Honestly, if the Logitech 9000 costs $100; why resist buying one? A good model should be able to make that money back in 1-2 nights tops.

can't speak for others, but I wouldn't get one because I can't even max-out the capabilities of my current cam (it's not time to think of upgrading until I have the internet and CPU to throughput 1080x @ 30FPS). IMO priority should go to your worst lacking (cam quality, internet speed, costuming, toys, studio aesthetic, promo, whatever it is that's holding you back the most)

hah, I've never even thought about that.
just yesterday I was able to read someone's KMFDM shirt and wouldn't have thought twice about it.
I even had to go check how mine was set up (default orientation was 'normal' not 'mirrored').
I guess that's why I'm always turning it the wrong way when doing close-ups ... I'm used to the mirrored style of the selfie cam.

I got the Logitech 4K and let me tell you! It's worth every penny!
In my chat people have commented on how amazing the quality is, even other cam models have asked what cam I have.

Def recommend it! To anyone!

Does Mfc or Cb even support 4k streaming?

Does Mfc or Cb even support 4k streaming?
MFC doesn't even have 1080, so that camera is not a good investment for a model who is only working on MFC.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
Status
Not open for further replies.