AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Greeting members entering MFC chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllisonWilder

Inactive Cam Model
Sep 8, 2011
I'm the kind of model that likes to say hi to everyone I see enter my room. I generally have lower room counts, so at this point in time it's really easy to do that. I don't badger or PM, I just say hello or some other greeting and leave it at that.

Is this something that members like or dislike? I say hello and a lot of guys will just leave after that. I know that there are a lot that are just clicking through and a lot that just don't hear, but in general, does a model calling you out by name to say hello annoy members?

Ladies, do you greet people or just wait for them to say something in your chat?

AllisonWilder said:
I'm the kind of model that likes to say hi to everyone I see enter my room. I generally have lower room counts, so at this point in time it's really easy to do that. I don't badger or PM, I just say hello or some other greeting and leave it at that.

Is this something that members like or dislike? I say hello and a lot of guys will just leave after that. I know that there are a lot that are just clicking through and a lot that just don't hear, but in general, does a model calling you out by name to say hello annoy members?

Ladies, do you greet people or just wait for them to say something in your chat?
I say hi to all the names I recognize, but I don't demand that they talk to me or anything. A lot of times when I perv, I'm not in the mood to chat, so it would bother me if a model insisted that I talk to her.

Reactions: AllisonWilder
I usually just say "Hey to everyone in here right now!" or wave if it's slow and one or two people come in. Sometimes if absolutely no one is talking, I do a roll call - it usually draws someone out to talk to me.

Evvie said:
I say hi to all the names I recognize, but I don't demand that they talk to me or anything. A lot of times when I perv, I'm not in the mood to chat, so it would bother me if a model insisted that I talk to her.

So no "You must talk to me now, bb!" ? Damn. :lol:

I don't actually try to force people to talk.

I have left a models room while perving many times because she said hi to me before I said hi to her. Only models I don't already know of course.
I guess for me I'll say hello when I feel comfortable to do so. Allow me some time to get a feel for you before I say something. Leaving a room that is not your thing feels even more awkward when the model called you out or sort of forced you into chat.

I say group hellos are fine but wait until they say hi to greet an individual. If they aren't already certain they want to chat with you, calling them out by name and thus drawing attention to them will push them away.

Sometimes, if I really like a name that I see on the list or think it's a funny name, I will not be able to control myself and say it aloud. This almost always causes them to run from my room. :cool: I tell myself not to, but :roll: I rarely listen.

Used to say hi by names now just to members I am used to, even if they don't say hi first. However if not too crowded, I do name everybody saying bye :hello2:

When I perv, I don't mind model drawing attention at me (perv me not the actual me lol), specially if her room is slow. I would help out making it seem busy as much as I can, knowing a silent room can be tough.

It somehow still intrigues me how can a member be in a room more than 3 times, for at least 3 hours, and still not say hi to the model. It is annoying since the logic wants that, if the member is returning it means s/he like that room apparently or at least the model's personality hehe and everybody knows how awkward and frustrating it is for a model to have a silent room. Just chill..!! I can't seem to have the other point of view, so yeah.. I'd be very interested in what members will say regarding the "first Hi" :)

Am I mumbling again? :lol:

I'm super shy and I hate to say it but when I'm in perv mode I get all freaked out when models say hi to me when I enter their rooms. I like to tip models but I really don't like having a lot of attention on me so being in a position where either I'm forced to talk or look rude makes me really uncomfortable. I apply this to my own room and assume that everyone could potentially feel the same way and only talk to members when they take to the initiative to talk to me first. I won't even talk to a member I know fairly well who hasn't said hi to me. I assume that maybe they just don't feel like talking on that particular day for whatever reason and I don't want to make them uncomfortable.

i used to call out everyone in my chat.. but found out the hard way that was not such a good idea..
i found that in general people that browse don't like to be called out..
now i just say 'hello hello' when i come online.. or when more people start dropping in.. and wait for their response..
people seem to like that alot better!

i do however call out every model, i probably should just block models, since the ones visiting me are never my model friends (they have a premium account) but for some reason i like to believe some day a great new model friend will come in :icon-lol:

I say hello to everyone who says hello to me first. If I notice a guy enter my room who talks on a regular basis or I feel is comfortable in my room, I'll say hi to him first. Some guys like that and some guys don't. I just recently started doing this. I used to just wait for everyone to talk to me first.

I like for my regulars to know that I do take notice when they enter my room and that I am looking out for their name because it makes me happy when they come in.

JickyJuly said:
Sometimes, if I really like a name that I see on the list or think it's a funny name, I will not be able to control myself and say it aloud. This almost always causes them to run from my room. :cool: I tell myself not to, but :roll: I rarely listen.
I do that, too! I can't help it, I love witty, silly or cute names. I am rarely looking at the member list in the room, but when I do, I usually find at least one to point out.

Other than that though, if I see one of my regulars' names on there, I'll say hi because I know I won't scare them off and want them to know that I'm happy to see them there. Sometimes they reply with a :hide or something like "damn, you caught me!" but I don't think it's received badly. Iz juzt jokez.

Now, as a viewer, I don't like to be called out by the model unless it's one of my friends I visit often. In general, I don't go into a girls room unless I'm ready to talk or tip (I just browse as a guest in the other case) but if I just pop in for a moment, I want to have a moment to get my bearings before I greet/am greeted. My suggestion would be to keep your hello general, not naming anyone unless it's a friend of yours, and wait until they initiate the conversation.

I don't say out names, usually just a collective 'hey' or 'welcome to the room'. It does suck though when there's only one person sitting there and I've said hi, and they still refuse to say hi. It makes the silence painfully obvious and somewhat rude. Especially when they proceed to sit there for 30 minutes watching me talk to myself. :roll:

AmberCutie said:
JickyJuly said:
I do that, too! I can't help it, I love witty, silly or cute names. I am rarely looking at the member list in the room, but when I do, I usually find at least one to point out.
The power of a funny nick name, it can break ice and starts conversation. HerbWantsKiss, RedHairGreenEyes & YourFutureLove(r) are some successfull ones of mine :)

yourFutureLove said:
AmberCutie said:
JickyJuly said:
The power of a funny nick name, it can break ice and starts conversation. HerbWantsKiss, RedHairGreenEyes & YourFutureLove(r) are some successfull ones of mine :)

Ouch, those would not be successful in my room... I would probably be more careful with you, because at least HerbWantsKiss and YourFutureLove(r) give the impression of an over-personal member that thinks he'll find a girlfriend on a cam site... Not saying that's what you are, but that's the person that pops into my head when I see those nicknames.

I like the nicks that reveal something about the person behind the name! Reference to a favourite TV-show or hobby, stuff like that. Makes me interested to learn more (and sometimes they match my favourites and then I get really happy!)

RoxieRed said:
I say hello to everyone who says hello to me first. If I notice a guy enter my room who talks on a regular basis or I feel is comfortable in my room, I'll say hi to him first. Some guys like that and some guys don't. I just recently started doing this. I used to just wait for everyone to talk to me first.

I like for my regulars to know that I do take notice when they enter my room and that I am looking out for their name because it makes me happy when they come in.

I do the same and I think regulars really appreciate it. I also greet them as if I haven't seen them in a week in hopes that it makes them feel special.

I also wait for non-regulars to say hi first or at least after they've made some form of a response/greeting.

AmberCutie said:
In general, I don't go into a girls room unless I'm ready to talk or tip (I just browse as a guest in the other case)
This^

I've wondered if it is rude, but I've often browsed as a guest before joining a room under my premium account. My decision to tip or chat is usually based on a model's attitude and how she interacts with her visitors. I can't gauge that without spending some time in the room, although sometimes an especially clever profile will draw me in without a preview.

In any case, when I first enter your room, there is an excellent chance that I already like you, so saying Hi to me is a bonus when you don't have a big crowd already. Just don't get upset if it takes me a while to respond. Cams don't load very fast on my ancient machine - HD takes forever - and sound doesn't always work well.

yourFutureLove said:
AmberCutie said:
JickyJuly said:

Aaah thats you! You've visited me once and i still remember 'herbwantskiss'
It works!! :icon-lol:

I've had a few members say that they were about to leave when I said hello and by saying hi to them and leaving it at that they were surprised and stayed to hang out for a while. I've often made jokes about how when I say hello to someone they just leave. I guess they just don't want to feel pressured even if that wasn't the models intention.

I'm going to try a generalized group hello next time I'm on cam and see if I still scare people off. :think:

I don't mind a model saying hello to me when I enter her room, but I do get annoyed when they PM me as soon as I enter their room. As you ladies love to say: please talk in free chat.

:D

Reactions: SoTxBob
Seems like not many members have actually come forward to answer your question, mostly models. So.........from this member's perspective:

I'm gonna have to make a couple of assumptions (and yes, I know what that leads to). i guess we're talking about rooms with lower counts. It would be impossible to greet every member who enters a room with a count of 100+. Secondly, I have seen "called out" mentioned where the OP said "greet". Big difference.

Personally, in a room that doesn't have a high count, I don't mind and actually appreciate a greeting along the lines of "hey, memberX, welcome to my room". No follow up required. No "calling out". I've hung out in rooms a bit longer because of that. Much better than being ignored.

In lower room count rooms where I have been semi (or more) regular, sometimes because I was initially greeted, I have seen about a 1/2 to 2/3 leave rate on greetings. Basically goes like this:

Model chatting with room members, some regs, some new. Two or three new prems enter. Model: Hey memberX, memberY, memberZ. Welcome. Have fun.

Two leave immediately. One stays & converses. May or may not come back, but was at least engaged for the time. With no greeting, the two that left immediately probably lurk for a while then leave, and on a grander scale, one out of 20 of those are the ones who lurk for a while and then eventually engage. The one who engaged - who knows?

All in all, I'm gonna say go ahead and greet, but definitely do NOT "call out" or PM someone new.

Just my perspective. Take it as you will.

wjr3 said:
I've wondered if it is rude, but I've often browsed as a guest before joining a room under my premium account. My decision to tip or chat is usually based on a model's attitude and how she interacts with her visitors. I can't gauge that without spending some time in the room, although sometimes an especially clever profile will draw me in without a preview.

I don't think it's rude at all. I think it makes sense to browse in guest mode first, rather than just lurking a room from your premium account.

Reactions: AmberCutie and Rose
AmberCutie said:
In general, I don't go into a girls room unless I'm ready to talk or tip (I just browse as a guest in the other case).

^This exactly.^

On my premium account, I would never go into a room and just sit there in silence. I always say hi, at least, and tip when I can.

Reactions: AmberCutie
I have a sub questions for models :angel11:

When using your premium account, does anyone of you find a way to introduce herself (not publicly in the chatroom) to the model? If no, why not? If yes, what are the reactions? :whistle:

Reactions: LadyLuna
FrenshKiss said:
I have a sub questions for models :angel11:

When using your premium account, does anyone of you find a way to introduce herself (not publicly in the chatroom) to the model? If no, why not? If yes, what are the reactions? :whistle:
As a model viewing other models on a premium account, it is not important for the model to know who you are, or even that you're female. Just do your best to blend in with the other people who are chatting, and if you feel compelled to tell the model who you are, do it in a private tip note. Otherwise, just blend in, enjoy the room, tip if you can, and don't draw attention to yourself.

Reactions: Rose
AmberCutie said:
As a model viewing other models on a premium account, it is not important for the model to know who you are, or even that you're female. Just do your best to blend in with the other people who are chatting, and if you feel compelled to tell the model who you are, do it in a private tip note. Otherwise, just blend in, enjoy the room, tip if you can, and don't draw attention to yourself.
This is what I do. I don't out myself at all except in a tip note. I just like the anonymity, it's also why I only browse as a guest unless I plan on tipping either.

I don't out myself either, although models often guess that I'm a model because of my silly screen name and PM me asking who I am if I haven't already told them in a tip note. I have a profile on my premium account, but it doesn't even hint at who I am.

I only like getting greeted by a model who I'm already friends with. In that case, it feels like a greeting where she's saying she remembers me and is glad to see me again.

But if it's just some random model, then I don't like it. In that case, the greeting is really the intro to a sales pitch. She's not really glad to see me--I'm just the newest customer through the door. When browsing around, I prefer to observe for a while to get the feel of the model and the room. I would prefer to be ignored until I initiate a comment. If a model initiates communication with me either by calling me out or PMing me, I'll usually leave soon after.

One way a model can help to get members talking is to talk about things they're interested in. Look at their profiles and start indirectly talking about their interests. For example, you look at my profile and see a picture of my German Shepard, start talking about how you saw the cutest German Shepard in the park and you want to get one but you don't know what kind of personality they have. That would be a good way to get me involved in the room. But don't call me out directly about it (NickT, I see you have a German Shepard) since that would seem too much like a the beginning of a sales pitch.

I like when a model says hi to me when I enter her room. I usually say hi first before they get the chance to though. (I talk too damn much) I can't stand it when a model who I don't know and just entered her room starts pm'ing me! I agree with what NickT said about models reading our profiles. It usually only takes a few seconds to read most members profiles and it may help you get to know your potential customer a little better.

Reactions: Always_Tim
Status
Not open for further replies.