AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Guild Wars 2

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2011
So is anyone here planning on playing this game? Thoughts about it?

I've been excited for it ever since I seen some Beta videos. Looks like a nice level of teamwork is going to be needed for certain portions of the game and it makes me happy ^_^ Solo slayer games like CoD are getting old quick.

Reactions: Aoundril
I am most definitely waiting impatiently for the release of this game. I've been waiting since my days back in GW when they hinted that they were considering a GW2. I haven't spent a ton of time in the PvE areas but from what I've seen it all looks nice. I've spent 90% of my beta time in the WvWvW though as I am a PvP addict and it is definitely some of the best since DAoC. Gah....18 days and counting till headstart. :dance:

Looking forward to playing as soon as Awesome August is over. I've played in a couple of the beta weekends, as well as Guild Wars 1.

I made a blog about it after the first beta weekend viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7931#p168988

AmberCutie said:
Looking forward to playing as soon as Awesome August is over. I've played in a couple of the beta weekends, as well as Guild Wars 1.

I made a blog about it after the first beta weekend viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7931#p168988

I've yet to play any Beta since I sort of wanted a new PC before I played at all. This one most definitely can't run 100% quality and speed and I'm a bit funny about playing games on low quality just so they wont lag. I did not see that blog, but I've read it now and it's very nice :) Thank you!

I will also be dead to the world :dance:

Reactions: AmberCutie
OMG! OMG! OMG! only 3 1/2 day left...... Not that I am overly excited about this or anything..... :dance:

Oooh.. I am going to have to check this out, I need something to regulate my workaholic tendencies now that I'm self employed. (wow... when's the last time you heard someone say something like THAT about MMOs lol)

Sadly this means reinstalling the OS on my gaming laptop because whenever I let my Mac user fiancé use one of my PCs, he forgets it's not a Mac, and shit happens... siiiigh.

Yay more fodder :-D . . . ummm I mean ya you should check it out ;)

But seriously the graphics are beautiful, if you look for that; the GW2 team employes several award winning artists, and it truly has some flawless game play considering the state it is in and if the way they were able to make such massive changes to improve performance during the beta has anything to say for their team it should be a pretty smooth launch.....considering how most launches go.

And no I am not some crazy GW2 fanboi......

Ok yes I am.... :dance:

So since you admit to being a fanboy maybe you can tell me.... how's someone who's used to being main tank/raid leader gonna feel about the combat system and dungeoning? I like the idea that every job is equally good in combat, but a quick glance over the marketing propaganda on their website made it sound like large scale combat is going to be about hectic, every man for himself kind of strategy.

If you're talking like a die hard WOW main tank/raid leader, no offense, you probably will have some problems. But if you're good at adapting to the situation in front of you there will be tons of fun to be had. Right now most of the "boss" mobs in the game can just about one- or two-shot any of the melee classes as the game requires to be fast on your feet and just get the fuck outta the way, rather than standing there taking the hit. That being said some of the classes do have limited options to mitigate some damage.

I didn't try out any of the Dungeons, but I was able to successfully take and hold aggro on my Ranger during most of the Event Bosses. The range really helped out a lot and being able to switch between weapons on the fly (most classes can do this) opened up a lot of different options for CC and DMG alike to keep the boss under control. I was also fairly successful at tanking on my Elementalist using a staff, this is the only class that cant switch weapons on the fly but they do instead switch elements, but I was definitely more successful on my Ranger. I also never tried any of the other weapon combos on the Elementalist.

My Thief on the other hand was TONS of fun and has a ton of abilities to get the fuck outta the way, but one hit and he was toast. I had virtually no success in tanking on him and avoided doing so at all costs. But with the proper weapon combos the Warrior and the Guardian should have much more success at melee tanking. Although I did see a bunch of Warriors using bows in order to tank, so who knows.....

This was on my Google News front page today:

Hackers target Guild Wars 2 players
Chinese hackers are mounting a dedicated campaign to try to steal accounts for the Guild Wars 2 video game.
The ongoing attacks have led developer ArenaNet to start warning players when their account comes under attack.
ArenaNet estimates that the attack has caused problems with more than 11,000 accounts.
It urged players to make their Guild Wars 2 login name and password unique to avoid falling victim.

Not sure how true/relevant it is, but you can read the full story at: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-19543035

Reactions: Aoundril
Yeah, its true and very relevant. The GW2 team has already "returned" over 300K accounts back to their original owners. But it was mostly people ignorantly opening emails that they shouldn't have. But thank you for the heads up all the same as I am sure it is still useful to others out there.

Reactions: schlmoe
I'm on Sanctum of Rall Cherry. Excellent server so far, lots of friendly people and everyone seems civil in general chat.

I forget what server I'm on, but I finally got the game 2 months ago or so. Stopped playing, though, because all my friends were low level and I'm letting them catch up to me :(

Going around soloing champions is only fun for so long. Lol

I've got a lot of low level friends too. At first I just did the story quests for my character but eventually I just couldn't wait any more. Besides I was reminded that if I do play in lower level areas all my stats are scaled down to fit the zone. :) Makes me feel a little less guilty.

Good game. It was really exciting at launch, but I kinda fell off once Borderlands 2 came out. I love playing as either Asura Elementalist or a Charr Warrior.

I am resurrecting an old thread cuz I am jonsing for my GW2 fix, and can't play anymore. I have a laptop that used to play it decently with no lag. But now it is dying and hates me, and every time I log in, I am lucky to make it three whole minutes before it shuts down on its own. *cries* It has been months since I have been able to really play, and it makes my heart hurt. I don't really get into gaming much, but I got seriously addicted to GW2.

Status
Not open for further replies.