AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Guy wanting to help out in the room - is he legit or just wanting a free show?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2022
Australia
Twitter Username
@xxclementinexxx
Chaturbate Username
xxclementinexxx
So I think i know the answer to this but I wanted the opinion from some more experienced models.

I am very new to chaturbate and one night i had a guy come into room and pm some helpful tips as i was new. It was all stuff i basically already knew because i had done my research but he did make good points (for example that password shows are usually scams).
He claimed to be a former cammer himself (despite not having the orange username of broadcasters on CB) and offered to help out in the room and help me set up lighting and other stuff sometime. My gut instinct told me something was off but i decided to give him a shot and to engage in the discussion, telling myself that if it was a female former cammer offering help i probably wouldn't have batted an eye.

The other shoe dropped when he said i would need to be naked to go over camera angles/lighting and positions in a private chat with him. This immediately raised red flags for me and i ended the conversation.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing? Was he just looking for a 'free show' or genuinely trying to help?

The more they want to be a moderator or in a free private, the more likely that it is a scam for something for free.

I have offered suggestions before to new broadcasters that seemed lost, but never asked to be a moderator and/or for a free show and/or free private.

I have given free tickets to a ticket show to a one or 2 members that were nice and helpful and supportive to us while broadcasting. They never asked for a free ticket and did not appear to expect it and seemed to be having an honest conservation with my wife while I was busy fixing something with the broadcast.

Without a doubt, it sounds suspicious and it's good not to make him a moderator.

He claimed to be a former cammer himself (despite not having the orange username of broadcasters on CB)

Just to clarify for you here, unless I am misunderstanding you, but other models who will come to your room will NOT appear as orange, they only appear as ORANGE if YOu go to THEIR room while they are broadcasting.
Even so, there are so many hobby male cam "models" none of them know what they are doing, they just flick their camera on and go from room to room saying "look at my cam bb, I am also a model".

Without a doubt, it sounds suspicious and it's good not to make him a moderator.

Just to clarify for you here, unless I am misunderstanding you, but other models who will come to your room will NOT appear as orange, they only appear as ORANGE if YOu go to THEIR room while they are broadcasting.
Even so, there are so many hobby male cam "models" none of them know what they are doing, they just flick their camera on and go from room to room saying "look at my cam bb, I am also a model".
Thanks for clarifying that! I didn't realise.

Reactions: NotYou
So I think i know the answer to this but I wanted the opinion from some more experienced models.

I am very new to chaturbate and one night i had a guy come into room and pm some helpful tips as i was new. It was all stuff i basically already knew because i had done my research but he did make good points (for example that password shows are usually scams).
He claimed to be a former cammer himself (despite not having the orange username of broadcasters on CB) and offered to help out in the room and help me set up lighting and other stuff sometime. My gut instinct told me something was off but i decided to give him a shot and to engage in the discussion, telling myself that if it was a female former cammer offering help i probably wouldn't have batted an eye.

The other shoe dropped when he said i would need to be naked to go over camera angles/lighting and positions in a private chat with him. This immediately raised red flags for me and i ended the conversation.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of thing? Was he just looking for a 'free show' or genuinely trying to help?

He's just another freeloader trying to take advantage by pretending to be a "nice guy just wanting to help." I'm glad that you didn't fall for it. I'm not sure how you decided to proceed with this guy (If you banned him? Or if you told him no and he left your chat on his own once he realized you're not falling for his b.s.?), but I definitely wouldn't be giving him any more free one-on-one attention via PM...especially if he's not even tipping you at all.

Reactions: inertvolcano
Yeah he left me alone pretty quick when he realised
He's just another freeloader trying to take advantage by pretending to be a "nice guy just wanting to help." I'm glad that you didn't fall for it. I'm not sure how you decided to proceed with this guy (If you banned him? Or if you told him no and he left your chat on his own once he realized you're not falling for his b.s.?), but I definitely wouldn't be giving him any more free one-on-one attention via PM...especially if he's not even tipping you at all.

...The other shoe dropped when he said i would need to be naked to go over camera angles/lighting and positions in a private chat with him. This immediately raised red flags for me and i ended the conversation.

Totally bogus. I myself talked with a model on lighting and angles as well as self-photoshoots and creating soft focus and light boudoir. I could see her workspace and her skin tone and features just fine. I certainly didn't need her to get naked or go private to discuss form and perspective. Your instinct is dead on.

200 tokens says that character couldn't have told you what an f-stop is.

Thanks for clarifying that! I didn't realise.

You're welcome.
Everything is a learning curve, as with any new job or adventure.
This place is fantastic and you can learn a lot, fast.

I think in most cases, everyone would suggest not making ANYONE a moderator while you are new, so no matter who asks, no matter how nice they are, how much they tip, etc don't. Until you are better experienced and can spot all of the morons trying to take advantage and exploit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.