AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hair (on your head) - What's the perfect length?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms_Gingersnatch

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 8, 2017
msgingersnatch.com
Twitter Username
@Ms_Gingersnatch
Streamate Username
Ms_Gingersnatch
What's your favorite hair length? What do you think works best on cam? Where's the line between "cool/fun/edgy" short hair and "traditionally feminine" hair? Is there a magical length that balances convenience and classic sexiness? Also, anyone know roughly the minimum length you have to have to be able to do a ponytail or pull your hair back?
(NOTE: I don't mean this to be offensive to short hair at all - I LOVE short hair, but I feel like it takes a specific type of edgy sexiness to pull it off in our industry, and I don't have that brand of je non sais qoui.)

In life, I've had my hair pretty much every length except shaved. Right now, my hair is about waist length, and it's sort of a pain in the ass. Even though men supposedly like long hair, on cam it's troublesome because it either gets trapped under/behind me or it falls in front and covers my tits. I get a lot of requests these days to move my hair out of the way, and that's not good. My hair is part of my trademark and it should get noticed, but not like that!

I'm also about to make some significant life changes, so it seems like a good time for a hair change. If I'm honest, I tend to enjoy my hair on the shorter side because there's so much more creative shit that my stylist can do with it. I'm seriously contemplating something based on some of Christina Henricks' longer bob type styles.

My hair is passed my ass. I always do well with super long hair. I've always preferred having longer hair, and the longest I've ever had it was to my knees.

Here is it slightly wavy.

ZVZujEu.jpg

Once a stylist (new girl) accidentally went too short when "doing a trim" and I noticed the drop in income BIG TIME. Thankfully it grows quickly, and was back within a few months. It was still long, but as you can see in this pic she basically halved the length.

yTvDUA2.png

I have a short hair wig that I wear from time to time that temporarily makes all of my hair fetish tippers have heart attacks and threaten to rage quit my site. I don't wear it often, though I think it's cute (I wish my actual hair would look like that when that short no pics of those rough years sorry).:haha:

Vy8AYGS.jpg

My hair is to my buttcrack and has been for nearly my entire adult life - except for the time that a stylist did to me what one did to Ann. I almost cried and haven't trusted a professional since, and trim it myself now.

Stylists get so scissor happy. And I hate when they just leave a straight across blunt end to my hair...even after telling them not to. Ive cried after so many haircuts throughout the years.The stylist I had recently too a little bit more off than I wanted. Nothing as crazy as Ann's, but I wish she would have thinned it out a bit more.

I miss the hair salon I used to go to. It's just soooo far from me. But I asked for a baby trim one time and she literally took off like 1mm and did a deep conditioning treatment instead of a cut :inlove:

Sometimes I dream of going back to collarbone/shoulder length hair but I know after a week or two I'd miss the length.

For the most part I have always kept my hair on the longer side just bc I find it easy and convenient to be able to toss it up in a pony tail. It never gets super long though, it pretty much quits growing once it gets to my shoulder blades. Doesn't matter if I trim it or not thats just where it seems to max out at so I eventually get bored and start cutting on it. I cut it into a longish pixi a few years ago and I enjoyed it. I don't think I ever got the exact cut I was looking for and since I just cut it to let it grow back out I didn't spend a lot of time trying to find the right style, it just kept changing as it grew. I sort of despised not being able to pull it up but at the same time short hair also had its perks. I didn't ever really notice a drop in income and like most things in our industry there seems to be niche for everything. I still get guys in my sm chat asking when Im going to cut my hair again and when I do cut it again ill get the same thing from the long hair guys wanting to know if im going to grow it out again....its just a vicious cycle. My fav length personally is probably a bob type cut. I felt pretty at that length and thought it suited my face and I could also get most of it pulled back which is always a huge plus in my book.

pixi (I cant find a better pic right now)
CBHeEeLWAAAAm1Y (1).jpg
The bob
IMG_1522.PNG
Now
IMG_6231.JPG

Omg @ElaySmith, I love your shortest cut so much!! I don't think it would work for me (my hair would NEVER behave that nicely), but it's so cute on you. It's good to hear that you managed to pull your hair back even at the bob length. I've been looking at older pics, and back in early 2014 my hair was just above my collarbone, and clearly I put it up just fine. Also, I don't recall anyone on cam complaining about the length.

I'm thinking I want something like this but maybe an inch longer. I love how it looks slightly shorter in the back than the front. I've always wanted to try a cut like that, but I thought it only worked with very straight hair.
christina hendricks hair.jpg

Omg @ElaySmith, I love your shortest cut so much!! I don't think it would work for me (my hair would NEVER behave that nicely), but it's so cute on you. It's good to hear that you managed to pull your hair back even at the bob length. I've been looking at older pics, and back in early 2014 my hair was just above my collarbone, and clearly I put it up just fine. Also, I don't recall anyone on cam complaining about the length.

I'm thinking I want something like this but maybe an inch longer. I love how it looks slightly shorter in the back than the front. I've always wanted to try a cut like that, but I thought it only worked with very straight hair.
View attachment 73300
My hair isn't totally straight, it's probably 2a in texture most days. But I got a similar haircut a little while ago and honestly, it was cute, but not what I was expecting at all. I actually think the shorter in the back, angled cuts look better on hair with a bit more volume and curl. I say go for it! I also cut mine from waist length and it made some aspects of camming WAY easier, without a noticeable drop in income.

Status
Not open for further replies.